Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:18 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (116720 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2016
Tis been a while oo...

Lemme drop another update to warm up our mornings. This Christmas will be great for everyone of us oo...

#Made of More!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2016
George and Nora walked down the lighted tunnel not saying anything to each other. They both were blaming each the other but at the same time nursing some guilt as to have let Harris be taken because of their egoistic tendencies. George kept kicking pebbles on their path. This somehow wasn’t going well with Nora but she didn’t want another fight so she just kept the long face and slowed down her pace so George could go on ahead of her. She was already wondering if following him had been the right choice. Perhaps, they should have listened to Harris when he raised the issue of returning back. This made feel even more guilt. She hung her head low and fought hard to drive back the tears that were building. She was a tough lady, the boss lady and shouldn’t be seen to be weak. Weaklings cried, not those made of steel, the kind she was made of. Her mother, a single parent had done everything to ensure that her daughter never ended up the way she did. She had been forced into an early marriage to cure the money woes that had seen the family shift homes many times to escape the anger of angry creditors. She had been virtually sold out to a man too old and distasteful for her. Only sixteen, she was made to go through the rigors of a bad marriage where the one who was supposed to be her man ended up being her devil, her worst nightmare. She was been beaten so many times than she had thought was humanly possible and used as a sex material, a dumping ground for his miserable life’s frustration. She had endured way much and the only inspiration had been in her daughter who she called her Jewel. She had made up her mind to inculcate in her the courage and fight she never possessed. It was part of this that gave Nora the courage to do what she did that night. She still remembered it clearly and had not for once regretted taking the action.
On that fateful day, she had gone to bed quite early after going round the city center trying to trick one or two persons into losing their money or food items to her in a game she had invented, one she never lost in. She did this everyday to get by and provide food for her mother as her supposed father - how she hated thinking about that- could not keep a job and was always found in the tavern drinking himself to stupor from the handouts of men given to beer philanthropism. She had woken up to the sound of her mom sobbing and she had sprung up immediately to console her mother who had a swollen eye and a distorted face.

“One more sound there and we’ll begin the duel all over, you good -for -nothing LovePeddler! “ this was from the man who she had grown up having a hard time believing was her father.

“My mother is no LovePeddler! “

“You imp! You better shut your mouth before I fix them up for yah! You… “ he did a belch and continued, “little devil, you daughter of a LovePeddler”
Her mother began another round of sobbing which seemed to have annoyed the pig-bellied thing called her father and he came towards her mother and starting dishing out slaps amidst the shouting and pleas of ‘I’m sorry ‘. This was took much for Nora to take in and she had quietly gone out outside, picked a large stone and had returned and dumped it on the man’s head. That had spelled the end of her father and of course her mother’s woes but it also meant that they had to move away from their home and had left to stay at the edge of the forest where her mother had died from the complications that resulted from the molesting she got that day.
She sniffed in the tears that was already rolling down. She was taken by surprise when she raised her head. Standing in front of her was a furious looking George facing her with his palm stretched forward, a position she had come to know meant he wanted to strike a spell. She ducked just in time.
“Distortia!”

Something fell behind her and she turned immediately to see a shaking Harris with a stick with the tip as pointed as a needle no doubt meant for her back. She couldn’t help her mouth hanging agape. George came and joined her as they watch him twitch and wriggle wildly and painfully on the floor.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nastynic(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nice update pabon waiting for more...
Let me complete the last update

#Made of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2016
nastynic:
Nice update pabon waiting for more...

Let me complete the last update

#Made of More

Thanks for dropping a comment. Hope you enjoyed it?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nastynic(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
pabon:

Thanks for dropping a comment. Hope you enjoyed it?
WTF! This was more than enjoyment,
i have not yet recovered from it
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
Another fascinating update.

I think, I'm getting #more hungrier for #more
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
nastynic:
WTF! This was more than enjoyment,
i have not yet recovered from it

My guy you are swelling my head with your compliments oo.. I feel like leaving everything right now just to do another update. I'll do my best to do another one before midnight today....

To strength and chivalry!

#Made of More!!!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
nkemdave:
Another fascinating update.
I think, I'm getting #more hungrier for #more
Just a little while and you will have another update. Thanks for the comment.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
My major issue hz been power and on the lesser side, time. But I should see an improvement on they both Xmas week as I hope to avoid carrying this story into another year again.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nastynic(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
pabon:

My guy you are swelling my head with your compliments oo.. I feel like leaving everything right now just to do another update. I'll do my best to do another one before midnight today....
To strength and chivalry!
#Made of More!!!
me just cross leg dey wait for more from my boss..... Because

i am #Made of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pabon This is a Masterpiece; You had me glued to this story.
And come and update oooo biko
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
These guys didn't restore power yesterday oo...

I'm only just coming online now... And my battery charges with snail speed... It's Tecno 8H.

It's currently 7% after like 1 hour plus.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
cyber5:

My guy I will try oo... Maybe I'll drop a short one... Lemme put on my thinking cap.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
Pabon Pabon Pabon

What's up na
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
cyber5:

Dont worry, u guys will soon be having steady power supply.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
nkemdave:

Dont worry, u guys will soon be having steady power supply.
Oh really, to say power supply at my are is epileptic is an understatement
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2016
cyber5:

Oh really, to say power supply at my are is epileptic is an understatement

If you say the power supply in your area is epileptic, then change has come grin
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
nkemdave:

If you say the power supply in your area is epileptic, then change has come grin

You just noticed?

The Change has been present since February

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:58am On Dec 28, 2016
His eyes burned crimson and he seemed not to remember anything about himself save for the urgent need to kill either of them. They kept the carved stick from him or any stick for that matter. George had him tied with cords. They had to push him along with them as they went.
“Kill! Her!Kill Him! “ He kept saying these words as they moved down the tunnel. Soon they came to an opening and saw what looked like where the Lord Thorank was buried. It was the most beautiful work of art that George had ever seen. The headstone was made of pure gold and the body lined with diamond. The casing was transparent and they could see his body beneath and for some reason they hadn’t decayed. George ran his hand down the edge which were made of emerald. This was one way to bury a king. He saw the hollow where the scepter ought to have been and apparently Nora saw it too for she came towards him and examined it. George heaved the sceptre upwards just as Nora was about to remove her hands so it could fit in but suddenly the phalanges of the corpse gripped her hand.

“Ahhhh! “
She screamed so loud that the place shook. He turned towards her and tried helping her break free but it didn’t do much. He then turned to his magic.
“Flumensia! “
It drove the hand to release Nora’s but before she could leave, it had caught her again with more pressure that the fingers dug into her skin. She began to cry and this made George very angry.
“Navidad!”
There was a rush of wind which shook the tomb and was almost going to sweep the corpse away but still it held on to Nora and something else was beginning to happen to her. She was going pale, a shade darker than snow. Her eyes were now dilating and turning white, the same shade Harris’ own were. And suddenly a cold wind swept through the place and in a twinkle, Harris was free from his entanglement. He was now at least four times fatter than he was and bigger too. He approached George with such fierceness that would make even a skilled magician scared Before George sprang into action and began spelling.

“Solenoid! “

Nothing. He edged further.
“Rimantraxl! “

Nothing seemed to hold him back and he was ever so close to getting him. George used a screening spell to shield himself.
“Bufferia!”
He tried breaking through but it was too strong. George heaved a sigh of relief and was going to fall on his knees when he felt something pressed into his back.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2016
His scream rent the air as he turned back to see Harris brandishing the dagger as blood dripped from it. Nora held onto his leg and began dragging him backward outside of the tomb. It was a long and painful journey for George as Nora took no caution in dragging him out. His back ached painfully from being swept along stones and pebbles along the path. Harris followed behind with a saucer in hand.
“Nora!”
He tried to connect with her but it seemed like the Nora he knew was lost. Her eyes were now fully white and her hair loose flowing in tandem with the wind. She looked like a witch possessed to the brim with powers. He was at lost for what to do. And he was beginning to lose strength. Her speed increased and he began to feel the blood flowing to his head.
They got outside but she still didn’t stop. They continued until they came to a clearing deep in the woods. He was tied up propped against a cherry tree and Nora got the saucer from Harris with which she used in collecting some of George’s blood. Pain and panic flowed through him, intertwined. She began setting up an altar with sticks that were there suddenly. He hadn’t seen them when they arrived but in a blink they had appeared. He wondered what she was doing. She seemed very well composed as though she had performed the ritual before. What was possessing her mind? Could he connect with her in any way? He knew he had to do something and very fast. In no time, she was done setting up the altar, she placed the saucer on it. And then she held out her palms, they both locked at the wrist and facing the fire.
“Enflammare!”

He couldn’t believe what she just did. And true to it, a fire started and began burning the wood. In no time, the blood began to boil in the saucer and the vapor began to go up. Nora and Harris held their hands and began to do some incantations. George, now exhausted could no longer keep his eyes open. He rested his head against the tree and allowed himself to be drifted into oblivion.
Immediately his eyes closed, he saw himself in a very large field with the grasses overgrown. They had their tassels as tall as himself.
“Where am I?”
He began running towards the east end pushing the grasses that stood in the way but the more he ran, the farther the end seemed. He kept on running still until he began to feel fatigued. He stopped to catch his breath.
“What am I doing here?”
He tried to recall how he came here but his memory seemed to be in chaos as he couldn’t make anything of the stream of thoughts that were flooding in. It was then he noticed that he actually hadn’t been feeling the touch of the grasses as he ran.
“Am I, no!” He couldn’t even bring himself to pronounce the word. He tried to do magic.

“Enflammare!”.

Nothing happened where the grasses in front of him was suppose to be in flames. He wondered if the experience he was having was real. Suddenly, he heard a voice from above him. He looked up to see Gofrin smiling sheepishly at him.

“Welcome home!”

He was shocked and would not take the hand stretched out to him. If this was his Paradise surely Gofrin wouldn’t be there. But then again, the building behind him had looked exactly how he had expected his Paradise to look like. The gate made of gold and the Gofrin, the gateman with servants holding trays of chicken and precious wine and Mr. Logan waiting for him with a specially designed robe. But looking closely at Mr. Logan, he took notice that he was limping, if only slightly. Something he did in reality. That must be so wrong for he had been made to know that in Paradise, they was no fault. He immediately doubted the sincerity of what he saw and pushed Gofrin’s hand a second time as he reached for him.

“This isn’t paradise. I demand to go back now.” The words echoed over the place and was sustained for over a minute.
Gofrin’s expression changed immediately and became very angry. He tried to forcefully to take George’s hand but George quickly meandered his way and escaped his grip. He caught Mr. Logan smiling. He thought he saw him waving towards him. As he made to eave back, he began to be drawn away. He opened his eyes to see Mr. Logan and his daughter on the altar with his blood crossed on their forehead and no less than twenty people gathering around them.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2016
Compliment of the season guys. The year 2017 will be your finest yet.

2016 came with so much to be thankful for. Although, it also had its down moment (lost almost 100k doing business) but I thank God I'm still alive. There's more to come...

#MadeofMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
You might have noticed the last update wz kinda distorted somewhat. It wasn't deliberate. I just wanted to write something very quick. I so wanna get this piece done and dusted with. I live in the LG where a protest against BEDC was done yesterday. Light here is that bad. Pray I can do this to completion before January 2017 runs out.

Missed seeing some peepz here.

What piece have you guyz bin hooked up with...do share so I can go thru sometime with you. I'm looking to improve my writing...

Much love...

#Made of More!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nastynic(m): 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
pabon:
You might have noticed the last update wz kinda distorted somewhat. It wasn't deliberate. I just wanted to write something very quick. I so wanna get this piece done and dusted with. I live in the LG where a protest against BEDC was done yesterday. Light here is that bad. Pray I can do this to completion before January 2017 runs out.

Missed seeing some peepz here.

What piece have you guyz bin hooked up with...do share so I can go thru sometime with you. I'm looking to improve my writing...

Much love...

#Made of More!
still following,
go check blood for blood,the club, the auction, Caleb, nephilim, dairy of a broke playboy, adaobi(completed).the fire wall etc...
Made of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
nastynic:
still following,
go check blood for blood,the club, the auction, Caleb, nephilim, dairy of a broke playboy, adaobi(completed).the fire wall etc...
Made of More

Thanks. I stumbled upon that diary of a broke playboy...haven't read the rest.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
Tenniebae I see you. Hope you're enjoying the piece?
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by BuzzyG(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2017
Nice piece u got here bro, I can't wait to peruse the rest.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Tenniebae(f): 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
pabon:
Tenniebae I see you. Hope you're enjoying the piece?
........yelz luff..it got me glued to my fone..jez kwontinue
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've been out for so long. Its anyone still interested in this story? I can't seem to find time these days but I would really love to complete this piece.

Lemme know if anyone's still with me?

Cheers to your success.

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Afz9095(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2017
pabon:
Hi everyone,

I've been out for so long. Its anyone still interested in this story? I can't seem to find time these days but I would really love to complete this piece.

Cheers to your success.

#MadeOfMore!
Athough ur inconsistence is making lots of ur reader loose interest but we still crave 4 ur updates...pls kontinu #MADEOFMORE
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by nkemdave(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2017
pabon:
Hi everyone,

Cheers to your success.

#MadeOfMore!

Really missed ur update. Hope u are doing great
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by itzwell(f): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
Continue nah, haba
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by cyber5(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
pabon:
Hi everyone,

Cheers to your success.

#MadeOfMore!

Oga Pabon

How e go be na; We dey wait

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / The Handsome Devil I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.