Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54272 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lol. The letter stated that jonathan promised not to seek a second term nd he only urged him to keep to his promise nd maintain the little dignity he have left. I don't think thats too much to ask of him considering the way he has been handling matters of recent nd the way he makes decision. We all know OBJ is no saint but he said the truth.

Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
trillville:

A stronger president would do his job and ensure that farcrook would be sentenced to jail irrespective of northern sentiments. He is also the president of the north and he should be seen as the leader of every quarter of the country.

Please read my post slowly so you can get an understanding of what I am saying and if you still want to argue read my post again for a second time.

Even when your post is read 10x it's still saying the same thing: that you know little about Nigeria.
If Buhari becomes president tomorrow will he prosecute Tinubu?
How has Ribadu become Tinubu's partner? Was he not the same person who said Tinubu is the most corrupt politician in Nigeria?
What about El Rufai and Buhari?
El Rufai once said Buhari is not electable. Same with Bakare. How did they all become allies.
Yea, I remember, GEJ is from a minority group. No?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by texaco1: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: President Jonathan is WORKING HARD TO WIN ENOUGH VOTES FROM THE SOUTHWEST & NORTHWEST. He will surprise greedy people like you who want to sow in APC & reap in PDP. Spit on you
i think it is time for Mr President to start now , i know he doesn't like to make mistakes when implementing his moves .gej cant continue keeping quiet
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

Yes I know Obasanjo founded EFCC for the following obvious reasons:

1. To witch hunt perceived political enemies eg Odili
2. To water down his notoriety as a corrupt leader
3. To deceive people like you that he is fighting corruption.

A simple question for you
where was Obasanjos EFCC when he (obj) distributed GMG bags to the NASS members to alter the constitution and seek perpetuation in office? I guess they were on hibernation then.

BOTTOM LINE [size=18]EFCC UNDER OBASANJO WAS A CPMPLETE SHAM AND FACADE

FACT: OBASANJO IS THE FATHER OF MODERN CORRUPTION IN NIGERIAN POLITICS[/size]

Whether EFCC is sham or not, it earned the country international recognition, demonstrated to the world that we are confronting our number 1 problem, made Nigeria to command respect on the world scene, played a major role in our debt being forgiven, assisted in encouraging foreign investors to come into nigeria.

That is the gain of anti-corruption agency set up by oBJ that you are calling sham.

What has GEJ done to fight corruption, apart from setting up endless committee. Committe setting president.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Mark it down in your diary....11.12.13 is today.

Jonathan is leaving Aso Rock for Otuoke on May 29th 2015.
In your dream land. Enjoy your fantasy

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by POPEII: 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope a coup is not in the making, na wa ooo can you free the man ? Was your presidency perfect? Where is the money of our power that you embezzled? Talk about pot calling kettle black . Jona has been elected, let the people decide if they want to continue with him or not .2015 is not far .
I reject your letter in Jesus name , a morally bankrupt like you can not open his mouth to criticize . Joke of the century

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by nellycobs: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Obj you cannot fool Nigerians, You have perfected your strategy to support APC in the 2015 presidential election hence you guided the aggrieved governors to the opposition.
Tanbuwal who raised the alarm two days ago should start by moving a motion to expunge constituency projects and crazy allowances.

Stop fooling yourself with your rant. tell Nigerians where you got money to build the bell University, presidential library, Bell oil and gas et el.

Jonathan has right to contest 2015 elections and you can support Tanbuwal and your new found love APC.

This is not civil war. You will be taught a lesson you will carry to your grave. Alabi Isama has exposed you.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Whether EFCC is sham or not, it earned the country international recognition, demonstrated to the world that we are confronting our number 1 problem, made Nigeria to command respect on the world scene, played a major role in our debt ring forgiven, assisted in encouraging foreign investors to come into nigeria.

That is the gain of anti-corruption agency set up by oBJ that you are calling sham.

What has GEJ done to fight corruption, apart from setting up endless committee without tenure.
At the bolded. Our number 1 problem is the wrong foundation on which the Nigeria is built.
"Ethnicity". Not corruption as you mentioned. Corruption is an offshoot.
My proof, China is corrupt, France, Italy, Brazil, Mexico and many other Asian, Middle East, European nations are corrupt but yet there's a difference.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by perfectionist(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
ogologodimkpa: So if Stella Oduah is sacked, it will end corruption in the country angry
No. But it will definitely reduce it by making it clear to public office holders that actions do have consequences. Btw, you sound like a champion of corruption and corrupt practices.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II: I hope a coup is not in the making, na wa ooo can you free the man ? Was your presidency perfect? Where is the money of our power that you embezzled? Talk about pot calling kettle black . Jona has been elected, let the people decide if they want to continue with him or not .2015 is not far .
I reject your letter in Jesus name , a morally bankrupt like you can not open his mouth to criticize . Joke of the century
Bros, there's no reason to fear. We ar no longer in 1966. A coup will end "Nigeria" and the so called Oil revenue. Let them try it. It will be the quickest way to America's prediction of disintegration.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
At the bolded. Our number 1 problem is the wrong foundation on which the Nigeria is built.
"Ethnicity". Not corruption as you mentioned. Corruption is an offshoot.
My proof, China is corrupt, France, Italy, Brazil, Mexico and many other Asian, Middle East, European nations are corrupt but yet there's a difference.

Ordinary Nigerians do not give a hoot about ethnicity once they can boast of access to basic needs of life.

Those countries you mentioned are corrupt but they are not institutionalized corruption. Their presidents don't go around setting up committees when a national scandal is out in the open. They have strong anti corruption agencies fighting their corruption.

I disagree with your ethnicity being our number 1 problem
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Liar. It was Uk that went after Ibori not your Mr Clueless One.
You must be a kid right?
UK went after Ibori in Oghara, his home town in Delta state? Lol. Very funny.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by yunafa(f): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
YES O!!!! TELL HIM THE TRUTH BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Whether EFCC is sham or not, it earned the country international recognition, demonstrated to the world that we are confronting our number 1 problem, made Nigeria to command respect on the world scene, played a major role in our debt ring forgiven, assisted in encouraging foreign investors to come into nigeria.

What has GEJ done to fight corruption, apart from setting up endless committee without tenure.

Debt relief granted to Nigeria by the Paris club was achieved through the personal effort of NOI who Obj later victimized out of office because she refused to be under his whims and caprice and for fear that at the rate she was going, she will outshine him and expose his many shenanigans. So that glory is NOI's and not OBJ' s. Little wonder he relieved her of her appointment by sending her to a different ministry where she couldnt function maximally hence, her honourable resignation.

You cannot deny the fact about the 3points i mentioned as to why obj formed efcc. debunk them if you can.

The issue is this: OBASANJO SHOULD BE THE LAST PERSON TO TELL JONATHAN HE IS CORRUPT
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by skyp(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
I know today obj will be regretting his action during his time as president because he got all the golden opprotunity to liberate Nigeria as a nation but he rather benefits himself and his house hold. In all GEJ will be worst after he must have filed in his second bid for presidency. I am honestly disappointed in GEJ considering his background I thought he would have done better. During obj some few persons weře even still sent to prison for curruption but GEJ hhhmmmm
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Ordinary Nigerians do not give a hoot about ethnicity once they can boast of access to basic needs of life.

Those countries you mentioned are corrupt but they are not institutionalized corruption. Their presidents don't go around setting up committees when a national scandal is out in the open. They have strong anti corruption agencies fighting their corruption.

I disagree with your ethnicity being our number 1 problem

Again, you sound like a kid.
Corruption has been since before Independence.
It worsened after independence.
But it was given birth to by wrong foundation on which Nigeria is built.
Let me help you out: Federal Character policy is a result of ethnicity and it's a strong foundation for inefficiency and corruption.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
You must be a kid right?
UK went after Ibori in Oghara, his home town in Delta state? Lol. Very funny.

Oga don't thread the part of abuse. I won't spare you. If you are a jjc here, tone down your kid name calling.

Was Ibori arrested within nigeria, Mr. He was arrested in UAE and extradited to Uk at UK's request.

If you have another tales by moonlight on how he was arrested , please tell the world or the role the clueless president played in his arrest.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
To Dear Mr President.
While I do not have time to debate Obasanjo's Opinions, I find it expedient to point to major implications of his so called letter.
Using the press oriented talks of the like of Obasanjo as a strategy is really strange, it is like US using their best Nuclear war head in a diplomatic dispute with Equatorial Guinea. It is unmatched and appears rash. Hence something is up!

The are two major possibilities
1. That Obasanjo is Speaking out of Frustration
Frustrations of his expectation ever since he commissioned his G7 associates.
Frustrations that Coup can not hold within the country, as he rightly observed about a political watch list, training of special military, good intelligence
Frustrations that the defection of the G7 was reduced to a mere cold case of the confused, rather than the herald.
Frustrations that APC could not get the lift expected from Anambra State elections, which would have pressured you to give the G7 the upper hand.
Frustrations that a muted poisoning of Mr president did not materialize

Or rather
1. That Obasanjo is playing out his role as part of a Strategy.
Well who said a coup may not be planned
Amaechi is working extra hard in PH trying to prove that he can mobilize
ASUU has refused to call off the strike even when all their demands have been met, political
Tambuwal and Sanusi have suddenly become moral guardians!

I will say pick your fights wisely, and do not allow yourself to be confused as to who to face. Focus on the players with political relevance. Obasanjo will never rule Nigeria again. Further, I am not sure of the relevance of ASUU strike to the plan in offing. It is usually best to have students at home in times of political upheaval. Also take an active watch out for attempted impeachment. All these moral talks are meant to prepare the populace for an unwarranted evil against you, so better keep watch and sleep little.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by PassingShot(m): 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Are you people for real with this type of suggestions or you all are just plain dumb?

Even an OBJ with all his imperial postures during his reign cannot pull such through.

You must very naive of the way things work here.....

Very naive they are indeed!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by woky: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II: I hope a coup is not in the making, na wa ooo can you free the man ? Was your presidency perfect? Where is the money of our power that you embezzled? Talk about pot calling kettle black . Jona has been elected, let the people decide if they want to continue with him or not .2015 is not far .
no mind baba..

Nemesis go catch am one day

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
Bros, there's no reason to fear. We ar no longer in 1966. A coup will end "Nigeria" and the so called Oil revenue. Let them try it. It will be the quickest way to America's prediction of disintegration.

You should check your history bro, retiring Military Generals when a new politician assumes office wouldn't change anything.

It was a time like this in our political history when bribery, crime, exploitation, extortion, fraud, graft, malfeasance, nepotism, crookedness, demoralization, jobbery, unscrupulousness, venality and shady deals was the order of the day that the Military struck.

We are making a U-turn to a Military Coup. HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF IN NIGERIA.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ICONgold(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
stebell: Who de f.uck is OBJ. After Baba (gida) who institutionalized corruption, OBJ is de master himself. Most of the corrupt cases that hv been revealed now were actually encouraged during OBJ's tenure. Instead of using the EFCC properly, he OBJ used it to hunt everyone and anyone oppose to his govt.

when i hear corruption, i think of OBJ.

kettle calling a pot black.

You must be very naive and lack any sense of national history. Mention a federal scam that went unprobed during OBJ tenure. OBJ is not a saint, we all know that but comparing OBJ with GEJ is stupid and crazy. The Nigeria state is failing under this clueless and shoeless man. Tell me a sector aside football that is working under GEJ. Nigeria is on the brink of collapse if compatability is not swiftly fixed.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

The usual empty hairy chest beating....
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by trillville(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Even when your post is read 10x it's still saying the same thing: that you know little about Nigeria.
If Buhari becomes president tomorrow will he prosecute Tinubu?
How has Ribadu become Tinubu's partner? Was he not the same person who said Tinubu is the most corrupt politician in Nigeria?
What about El Rufai and Buhari?
El Rufai once said Buhari is not electable. Same with Bakare. How did they all become allies.
Yea, I remember, GEJ is from a minority group. No?

I know a lot about Nigeria. I know it is a shitty place led by men of little values and with no names to protect. we are where we are today because people refuse to prosecute corrupt individuals. All Nigeria needs is a leader that will plug the leak by stopping the stealing. He does not necessarily have to start prosecuting every person that has stolen before his tenure, but he must stop people from stealing during his tenure.

Read slowly
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by POPEII: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
yunafa: YES O!!!! TELL HIM THE TRUTH BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tell your baba whatever to bring back our money he embezzled when he was in power, tell him to stop sleeping around and with his relatives, tell him back in the day he was begging for a third term, tell him only cowards have war wounds on their butt . Tell him Nigerians are mature enough to choose and don't need his advices. Ask him which kind of military pensions built all the assets he owns now .

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Again, you sound like a kid.
Corruption has been since before Independence.
It worsened after independence.
But it was given birth to by wrong foundation on which Nigeria is built.
Let me help you out: Federal Character policy is a result of ethnicity and it's a strong foundation for inefficiency and corruption.

Mr methuselah hollow head. So corruption knows who is Yoruba or ijaw or hausa or ibibio or Edo.

Your theory of federal character confirmed you as dull as methuselah was. Only known for his age and nothing more.

So in your state too, federal Character operates too?

You are the joke of the millennium Mr Methuselah.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ooshinibos: 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
seunmsg: Obasanjo should shut the Bleep up. He imposed Jonathan on Nigerians when there are other competent candidates even in his PDP. What was Jonathans antecedents that made him felt he was going to be a good president?

Jonathan has never showed any sign of quality leadership right from his time as governor of Bayelsa state so, his present performance as president of Nigeria is not a surprise to many of us. You can't give what you don't have, a clueless person can't make a good president. It is that simple.

Obasanjo should publicly apologies to Nigerians instead of crying like a baby. He should suck up his disappointment quietly because he's the major cause of the mess Nigeria is in right now. He has 8 good years to mentor and train a competent successor, all he came up with is sick Yar'adua and clueless Jonathan. A good leader should be able to ensure that he is succeeded by a more competent person that can't implement his ideas and vision for the country. As bad as Tinubu is, the competency of his successor cannot be questioned. Jonathans failure is also Obasanjos failure.

seunmsg you are just too Good , people like you should be in Government ..am impressed with ya comment
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by vislabraye(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kx: In as much as OBJ was not a saint,
his performance in some ways were encouraging.

He paid off all naija debts to the last cent as against GEJ that has brought back huge debt burdens to Nigeria again both efforts shockingly under the same Ngozi Okonji Iweala.
OBJ relaunched Nigeria back into intl reckoning.
Trust if OBJ was still in power, Baba and Nigeria would have delivered cool key notes on Mandiba's memmorial ysterday.
OBJ would have made a good leader but somehow personal interest ruined it.

So the 8 years OBJ spent in power is not enough for him ? What about the TRANSCORP fraud ? So OBJ is now proving to be a saint after the monumental privatization of Government properties ?

A man that does not recognise human dignity. He wiped out two communities and he has not be charged for war crimes. The man that killed BOLA IGE.
People forget so soon how many politicians have died under his watch. When he was president, every day someone was assasinated.

Not as if I am in full praise of GEJ, but OBJ should shut up because he's not better.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
The history of military coups in Nigeria suggest that it occurs during periods of low oil prices.

Oil prices have been consistently high for a few years now at around $100 per barrel , it is due to crash at any moment, if it was to crash to even $70/barrel there is a high likelyhood that the military would be marching into Aso Rock within weeks.
rudedough:

Gen. Ihejerikha must have said that because he is reaping from the military funding. But trust me, Military generals are aggrieved and when they rise up, Gen. Ihejerikha will go down with the corrupt politicians like they did in the past.

Nigeria Politicians have been pushing their luck way too far lately with the sky rocketing crescendo of corruption.

I still dey observe from afar. HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF

@topic
Whilst GEJ is clearly clueless and is not fighting corruption, there is no evidence to suggest that he is actually corrupt or promoting corruption.

On the otherhand there is a maountain of evidence that Obasanjo is very corrupt and promoted corruption during his tenure, talk less of his kleptomanical looting that has made him one of the biggest looters the world has ever known.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by mpowa(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
stebell: Who de f.uck is OBJ. After Baba (gida) who institutionalized corruption, OBJ is de master himself. Most of the corrupt cases that hv been revealed now were actually encouraged during OBJ's tenure. Instead of using the EFCC properly, he OBJ used it to hunt everyone and anyone oppose to his govt.

when i hear corruption, i think of OBJ.

kettle calling a pot black.
OBJ can't be the master of corruption, he can be many evil, he is not a saint.But CCORRUPTION no? I'm not saying that he didn't steal his own oh! But his government was tight, people can't steal anyhow, either you are from the east, west, north or south. This government is a free for all, this is the worst government ever, no body fears anything because they know that no matter what they will go away with whatever they do, CORRUPTION, INSECURITY will drawn this present government.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by titilayo02: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Chiefpriest1: Jonathan has not only failed himself and his admirers, he has failed the nation. But this letter should have come from a more credible source. Obasanjo is/was no saint and in fact did some worse stuff. The message is good,but the messenger is tainted
You are absolutely right,obj is the author of corruption on which trends every other leader follows.However, president Jonathan need to be very careful less he provoke the anger of we youth that sang his praise to victory,in short am highly disappointed by his administration. smiley smiley
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by POPEII: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
I'm not even that much afraid of a coup , I'm more worried about sectarian violence, ethnic violence, religion violence these power hungry politicians want to unleash on us . There's no doubt that 2015 will b bloody sad angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

PDP Senators Now Inside NASS (See Photos) / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.