Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,613 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54273 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Oga don't thread the part of abuse. I won't spare you. If you are a jjc here, tone down your kid name calling.

Was Ibori arrested within nigeria, Mr. He was arrested in UAE and extradited to Uk at UK's request.

If you have another tales by moonlight on how he was arrested , please tell the world or the role the clueless president played in his arrest.

You are actually sounding more like a kid with every post. And you threatening me? lol.
How did Ibori get to UAE? You didn't know that EFCC was sent after him and he fled after using hoodlums to prevent his arrest in Oghara?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by PassingShot(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ is no better than GEJ. The only difference is that he was able to disguise and pretend he was fighting it while GEJ is not smart enough to be able to show any pretence in the fight against corruption.
In any case GEJ is the worst democratically elected president Nigeria has had. May we NEVER have it this bad again in our life. Amen.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Whiskeyboiler: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
And who made GEJ Vice President before taking over as president?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough:

You should check your history bro, retiring Military Generals when a new politician assumes office wouldn't change anything.

It was a time like this in our political history when bribery, crime, exploitation, extortion, fraud, graft, malfeasance, nepotism, crookedness, demoralization, jobbery, unscrupulousness, venality and shady deals was the order of the day that the Military struck.

We are making a U-turn to a Military Coup. HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF IN NIGERIA.
Delusional, no pun intended.
You sound like that's what you want not that it will be possible for Nigeria to have a coup.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Ordinary Nigerians do not give a hoot about ethnicity once they can boast of access to basic needs of life.

Those countries you mentioned are corrupt but they are not institutionalized corruption. Their presidents don't go around setting up committees when a national scandal is out in the open. They have strong anti corruption agencies fighting their corruption.

I disagree with your ethnicity being our number 1 problem

I strongly disagree with you.

Ethnicity is the bigger problem with Nigeria.Corruption is an offshoot of ethnicity and tribal bigotry in our country. The two though are almost inseparably. example, at the last gubernatorial in ondo do you know that ogbeni aregberascal went to attack and antagonise Mimiko for refusing to join the then acn because they wanted to promote regional propaganda in the SW.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ekoileee: 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
May God grant you the grace for at least one effective corrective action against high corruption which seems to stink all around you in your government.”

This is very very deep....

OBJ is ready for a fight...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
vislabraye:

So the 8 years OBJ spent in power is not enough for him ? What about the TRANSCORP fraud ? So OBJ is now proving to be a saint after the monumental privatization of Government properties ?

A man that does not recognise human dignity. He wiped out two communities and he has not be charged for war crimes. The man that killed BOLA IGE.
People forget so soon how many politicians have died under his watch. When he was president, every day someone was assasinated.

Not as if I am in full praise of GEJ, but OBJ should shut up because he's not better.

That's a fact obasanjo himself knows and the anti-GEJ are refusing to accept.
Baba iyabo shouldn't be talking about corruption
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
trillville:

I know a lot about Nigeria. I know it is a shitty place led by men of little values and with no names to protect. we are where we are today because people refuse to prosecute corrupt individuals. All Nigeria needs is a leader that will plug the leak by stopping the stealing. He does not necessarily have to start prosecuting every person that has stolen before his tenure, but he must stop people from stealing during his tenure.

Read slowly
There is a system which has been built on wrong foundations of ethnicity, until that is addressed corruption can never be fought headlong.
That's why I support SNC. The only reason you are seeing the propaganda war is again because of the tribe f of which GEJ came.
If he was a Northerner or S-Westerner it would be a different song.
Who killed EFCC, persecuted Ribadu, supported Ibori? A Northern president. Yet we never heard them cry blue murder.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

I strongly disagree with you.

Ethnicity is the bigger problem with Nigeria.Corruption is an offshoot of ethnicity and tribal bigotry in our country. The two though are almost inseparably. example, at the last gubernatorial in ondo do you know that ogbeni aregberascal went to attack and antagonise Mimiko for refusing to join the then acn because they wanted to promote regional propaganda in the SW.

Thank you. At least I have one who understands the true monster called "ethnicity".

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OgologoDimkpa: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
perfectionist:
No. But it will definitely reduce it by making clear to public office holders that actions do have consequences. Btw, you sound like a champion of corruption and corrupt practices.

Aren't you corrupt sad?
Swear you've never cheated in school sad. Isn't that corruption.
We kept on looking at corruption in the Gov't alone whereas almost all Nigeria citizen have corrupt tendencies.

Except a holisitc approach towards eradication of corruption is put in place, we are just joking.?

Corruption does not start with GEJ and will not end with him except something drastic is done.

Eradication of corruption begins with you and I
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
texaco1: i think it is time for Mr President to start now , i know he doesn't like to make mistakes when implementing his moves .gej cant continue keeping quiet
The opposition has almost exhausted their plans, and are haranguing the President to do same, but he won't. Incumbency is enormous advantage, & they know it. Besides, first two years is always for difficult decisions, like fuel subsidy, unbundling NEPA, etc. From 2014 it will be populist programmes & projects going into elections. That's why the opposition started harassing him early enough, to extract undue concessions. But no way, the man doesn't get moved. So long as the entire PDP structure is very loyal to him, and they are. If they plot military coups, the consequence will be dire, and may last as long as the previous ones.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Again,

If this pain is written by OBJ, then I need to ask the very basic constitutional questions that provokes legal thoughtfulness.

1. Is it unconstitutional for President Jonathan to seek second term in office ?

2. Was it constitutional for OBJ to seek a third-term in office ?

3. (a) What is OBJ's fears about Al-Mustafa's release from prison after decades of incarcerations without evidences ?
(b) As a fellow soldier, does OBJ know that Al-Mustafa was acting under the "Command" of a Superior officer when giving instructions for the killings he was vindicated - As a soldier OBJ murdered many Igbos and Calabar people on the orders and "command" of superior officers too.

4. Was OBJ not exposed, as the masterminded of the "walk-off" of what becomes the nPDP, even though it was hijacked by Atiku and further manipulated by Amaechi ?

5. Is there ANY relationship between the sudden upheavals from all quarters for GEJ to not contest 2015, and the expiry of MOST Oil Blocs (OML & OPL) Licenses between 2017 and 2022 ?

6. Mandela came out of prison after 27yrs, contested election, won and became ( one term) President of South Africa and stepped down, OBJ came out of prison which didn't last, contested election become President and "ruled" for 8yrs and requested for 3rd term.

OBJ should keep his mouth shut, lest the youth of this country rise up and hunt him down at Otta Farm, By the way, who owns Sahara Oil that has offices in major countries in the world with a balance sheet of over USD100 billion dollars. OBJ should not let me start.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ofomac: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint: Obj might not be a saint but what he said are very valid. GEJ has been practically silent to corruption. Its gotten so worse that anytime anybody is accused of corruption, some disgruntled aides of the president will turn it into tribal war. During OBJs era a lot of heads rolled due to the anti-curruption campaign of those days starting with people from his region; S.M Afolabi(National I.D card scam), Tafa Balogun(former IG), Bode George(NPA scam), Sunday Einhdero, Chief Babalola&Femi Fani Kayode(former Ministers of Aviation)... Nobody raised alarm of tribal victimization because the Yorubas don't condole corruption even if you're the son of a king but under GEJs administration tribal sentiments has been at its peak when people are accused of corruption esp. from the SE of the country. GEJ only claims to fight corruption on paper. It's even a big dent on the president that he still has someone like Stella Oduah as a cabinet minister after the body of allegations against her. This is thesame President who didn't waste time in removing the Court of Appeal President(Justice Ayo Salami) just because he wasn't working for the interest of his party. Jonathans tenure will go down to be the most corrupt in the history of this country. How did we get here??!! I weep for this country!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by slimfit2(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
The summary of it all is that Nigeria is a battle keg ready to explode at any time...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: The opposition has almost exhausted their plans, and are haranguing the President to do same, but he won't. Incumbency is enormous advantage, & they know it. Besides, first two years is always for difficult decisions, like fuel subsidy, unbundling NEPA, etc. From 2014 it will be populist programmes & projects going into elections. That's why the opposition started harassing him early enough, to extract undue concessions. But no way, the man doesn't get moved. So long as the entire PDP structure is very loyal to him, and they are. If they plot military coups, the consequence will be dire, and may last as long as the previous ones.
As much as I would like to agree on the strategy of APC, I still think GEJ's PR team is not doing enough. There's the need for people to continually see what's been done by the government.
Someone installs a 10kva generator, he goes on air to make a show of it.
Yet his government has done so much in the last few years they are not talking about.
Some states attribute FG projects to themselves and their people may not even know.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ofomac: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dis is a case of pot calling kettle black.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
nellycobs: Obj you cannot fool Nigerians, You have perfected your strategy to support APC in the 2015 presidential election hence you guided the aggrieved governors to the opposition.
Tanbuwal who raised the alarm two days ago should start by moving a motion to expunge constituency projects and crazy allowances.

Stop fooling yourself with your rant. tell Nigerians where you got money to build the bell University, presidential library, Bell oil and gas et el.

Jonathan has right to contest 2015 elections and you can support Tanbuwal and your new found love APC.

This is not civil war. You will be taught a lesson you will carry to your grave. Alabi Isama has exposed you.

Does he come across as somebody you or GEJ can threaten?
GEJ is like a hunter's dog about to get lost, it will not listen to it's master's whistle.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by trillville(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
There is a system which has been built on wrong foundations of ethnicity, until that is addressed corruption can never be fought headlong.
That's why I support SNC. The only reason you are seeing the propaganda war is again because of the tribe f of which GEJ came.
If he was a Northerner or S-Westerner it would be a different song.
Who killed EFCC, persecuted Ribadu, supported Ibori? A Northern president. Yet we never heard them cry blue murder.

You are right, the last president wasn't any better. The thing is will GEJ give us a sovereign national conference and not the fake national conference he announced. He has led for close to 4 years and he may want to lead us for another term. When is he going to try to make the changes this country desires.

He was our hope, our transformational president, the one who will usher us into the 21st century. not bring corruption, poverty, debt, insecurity to our door step. Now we are talking about war. Obasanjo is accusing him of training SNIPPERS. how low do you want us to go before you realize this man is taking us to the precipice.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
eko ileee: May God grant you the grace for at least one effective corrective action against high corruption which seems to stink all around you in your government.”

This is very very deep....

OBJ is ready for a fight...

Obasanjo fight corruption? I de laugh in Egba. Obasanjo is the most devious, and the most corrupt in Nigeria. Just leave matter for Matthias

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire:

5. Is there ANY relationship between the sudden upheavals from all quarters for GEJ to not contest 2015, and the expiry of MOST Oil Blocs (OML & OPL) Licenses between 2017 and 2022 ?

This is their greatest fear and they will do the pull-him-down by all means till 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: President Jonathan is WORKING HARD TO WIN ENOUGH VOTES FROM THE SOUTHWEST & NORTHWEST. He will surprise greedy people like you who want to sow in APC & reap in PDP. Spit on you

I will take that in bold to be a joke coming from a profoundly deluded mind. grin grin

Like I always tell you GEJ rabid supporters....you are underestimating the array of forces against GEJ...at your own peril.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Demdem: Even killer members now know that we av a very incompetent daft President.
I have been saying this for ages.
Now, am justified.
sadist, go and die
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
All I can say is to whom much is given much is expected. A lot had been given to bro jona when almost every nigerian voted for him into power thinking he will be a saviour who God has sent to salvage nigeria from bad governance. Look at the support he got from all the major ethnic group am sure if bro segun got the same he would have perform better
Besides second time is not the issue he still has time to cover up his mess cos from the look of things we haven't seen any Messiah until then I pray the sorry situation will persist
God bless nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by jeddyMay(f): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
here: While Mbeki even organised a declaration stating a virus cannot cause a syndrome and refused the people access to the drugs and about 330,000 lost their lives from the ailment,Madiba said "he believes in the dominant opinion that prevails throughout the world,that HIV is the cause of AIDS, adding that he would only be persuaded otherwise if new scientific research showed "conclusively that that view is wrong.""...He neither wrote a letter to the government/ANC nor did he publicly attack the person of Mbeki

in essence, what r u trying to say undecided
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

I will take that in bold to be a joke coming from a profoundly deluded mind. grin grin

Like I always tell you GEJ rabid supporters....you are underestimating the array of forces against GEJ...at your own peril.

Actually, it's folks like you that underestimate the support GEJ has both in the West and North.

the forces were there before he ever got into office in 2010.Its not new.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ekoileee: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: Obasanjo fight corruption? I de laugh in Egba. Obasanjo is the most devious, and the most corrupt in Nigeria. Just leave matter for Matthias

OBJ is not the president, Jonathan is the president and this is more about Jonathan fighting corruption.

If you think Jonathan is fighting corruption, share your story with us and prove Obasanjo wrong..
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
trillville:

You are right, the last president wasn't any better. The thing is will GEJ give us a sovereign national conference and not the fake national conference he announced. He has led for close to 4 years and he may want to lead us for another term. When is he going to try to make the changes this country desires.

He was our hope, our transformational president, the one who will usher us into the 21st century. not bring corruption, poverty, debt, insecurity to our door step. Now we are talking about war. Obasanjo is accusing him of training SNIPPERS. how low do you want us to go before you realize this man is taking us to the precipice.
They want the President to be fighting in too many fronts at the same time, and make enemies, and he ain't doing any of their stuff. He is President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He decides what to do. Not Obj, not them rebel govs that control state party structures, and also want to control the national. Thank God, they left on their own.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by stmathew: 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Baba Obasanjo I respect your talk as an elder state man,but as a sitting president when he came on board, can't he learn on how to do the needfull,pls try go through the interview of Madiba on Nigeria in 2007, you will weep for Nigeria, GEJ is not a leader, he is a novies in politics, he should go back to Bayelsa and enjoy his loots, he Relied on Anenih who can not even win his ward who can not account for billions he collect on Benin Ore road
, Tukur who his son colect billions of our money on subsidy, Akpabio who his people can not buy a complete fish of 50naira at once,Imoke who stole billions as a power and still minister, which ever way, our Government has find itself in the hands of thief's.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by teejan: 1:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jonathan is the most tribal ethnic bigot Nigeria ever had as President,a President that openly associates with known militants just because of his re-election bid in 2015,even in terms of appointments into Public institutions this same man has proved to be a tribal,during the days of Obasanjo,there was equitable didtribution of Positions and corruption was largely fought,Obasanjo might not have been the best of men but he was truly a Nationalist who fought for the sole Unity of Nigeria,today it is the same South South and South Easterners who even Polarize it further.

Expect a torpedo of events before 2015,PDP is as good as gone,let Goodluck sit down with riff raffs like Asari and decide 2015,PDP is aónly history,more Governors and People with ´clout will move over to the Progressive camp and the mediocre called Jonathan would come crashing!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Actually, it's folks like you that underestimate the support GEJ has both in the West and North.

the forces were there before he ever got into office in 2010.Its not new.

Show me a major political bloc in the West or the North that have the cover for GEJ...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by wazobiaN9(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
stebell: Who de f.uck is OBJ. After Baba (gida) who institutionalized corruption, OBJ is de master himself. Most of the corrupt cases that hv been revealed now were actually encouraged during OBJ's tenure. Instead of using the EFCC properly, he OBJ used it to hunt everyone and anyone oppose to his govt.

when i hear corruption, i think of OBJ.

kettle calling a pot black.

YOU HAVE NOT ADDED VALUE. I RECKON YOU PROBABLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS AT ALL.

OBJ IS NO SAINT BUT HE HAS MADE A VALID POINT, WHILST YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ONLY RAMBLED THAT OBJ IS NO SAINT. YOU DIGRESSED FROM THE MAIN POINT AND ADDED NO VALUE TO THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND, MOST LIKELY WHAT YOU DO IN YOUR DAILY LIFE.

I CAN ONLY HOPE GEJ WILL BE CRITICAL OF HIMSELF AND TAKE ONE OR TWO LESSONS FROM THIS CRITICISM, PUTTING THE COUNTRY ABOVE HIMSELF.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are actually sounding more like a kid with every post. And you threatening me? lol.
How did Ibori get to UAE? You didn't know that EFCC was sent after him and he fled after using hoodlums to prevent his arrest in Oghara?

Hear yourself Mr. Methuselah, hoodlums prevented a whole country called nigeria with all the forces, both physical and spiritual, from arresting Ibori. The guy must be Amadioha, sango and Ogun at the same time- 3-in-1.

Only 5 regular police officers arrested him Dubai. Na wa o.

Doesn't that show you mr methuselah that the sitting president either lacks power to fight corruption or he lacks the will to use the power to fight corruption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

PDP Senators Now Inside NASS (See Photos) / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.