Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54274 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ba7man(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
G.E.J had better be careful with the number of enemies he now has.

He seems to attract a lot of animosity towards himself. His allies reduce daily........and they're all singing the same tune.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by teejan: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Unfortunately Nigerians voted for the most dummy President in history,this is a man that cannot think by himself,lacks intiative and Charisma to Lead,he has only Polarized Nigeria further along ethinc lines and plays the ethinc card always,during the Days of Obasanjo..may not be a saint but dealt with corruption even S.M Afolabi had to commit suicide and Tafa was unceremoniously stripped,Alams was caged,paid off our debts and opened up the Economy.Jonathan is just clueless and so daft,even some local Govermnet councillors are better than this guy.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
seunmsg: Obasanjo should shut the Bleep up. He imposed Jonathan on Nigerians when there are other competent candidates even in his PDP. What was Jonathans antecedents that made him felt he was going to be a good president?

Jonathan has never showed any sign of quality leadership right from his time as governor of Bayelsa state so, his present performance as president of Nigeria is not a surprise to many of us. You can't give what you don't have, a clueless person can't make a good president. It is that simple.

Obasanjo should publicly apologies to Nigerians instead of crying like a baby. He should suck up his disappointment quietly because he's the major cause of the mess Nigeria is in right now. He has 8 good years to mentor and train a competent successor, all he came up with is sick Yar'adua and clueless Jonathan. A good leader should be able to ensure that he is succeeded by a more competent person that can't implement his ideas and vision for the country. As bad as Tinubu is, the competency of his successor cannot be questioned. Jonathans failure is also Obasanjos failure.

Tony Basikoro

This is the case of d kettle calling d pot black.Obasanjo is notoriously known for his unquenchable taste for corruption ranging from his unexplainable sudden stupendous wealth,his daughter's bribery collection saga, overnight riches of his cronies,d halliburton case to Atiku's confession of both being partners in corruptible crime backed by evidence etc while in office.If he were a master of conflict resolution using carrot n stick strategy,why did he fail to apply same to solving d niger-delta militancy?instead,he fought d militants brute force for force.It took d wisdom of president Yaradua of blessed memory to resolve d militancy.A war and brute force monger like Obasanjo should advise d deads n not nigerians who know him inside out.Is it gov Lamido who he wants at all cost to succeed Jonathan that is not corrupt? how honest was Obasanjo during his time in keeping promises that he has now become d purveyor of keeping or honouring agreement?he shuold know dat an agreement observed or exercised in bad faith n deceit like d supposed one with Jonathan cannot stand in d court of morality.When has it become a norm to ask a person to forbid a second term as a prerequisite to contesting an election?such is tantamount as acting under duress n intimadation for what is suppose to be d constitutional right of d person.Obasanjo shud be ashamed to have stated dat as a precondition for Jonathan to contest.Did he ask late Yaradua same question before forcing him to contest?why did Obasanjo not honour same gentlleman's agreement when Atiku insisted they had one before he contested in 1999?is it because Jonathan is from d minority dat he has to be given preconditons to contest even where such conditions infringe on his fundamental human n constitutional rights?nigerians have not forgot his third term ambition n his inability to speak out against it or condemn those who were purveying it .This only goes to show dat OBJ is an insidious enemy of nigeria n not Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
trillville:

Stop being foolish, not everyone is a political hack like you. We want GEJ to do his job irrespective of political affiliations. Farcrook should be in jail, oduah should also be heading to jail by now if not for the ineptitude of GEJ.

This post is a summation of your low level of reasoning. Again, Farouq is free because opposition and the North plaid the victim card on him.
Oduah's case is a farce created by APC and Lagos propaganda machinery. If they are so certain there's money stolen why is APC not in court since they claim GEJ refused to prosecute her?
And lastly, shhhhh. None of you APC fellows want GEJ to succeed, it has been that way since he got into office.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by kettykin: 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
[size=15pt]Obasanjo should tell the world what happened in haliburton and siemens deal and why the culprits including himself where never brought to book even after Americans who were involved were tried and prosecuted [/size]

Vanguard disclosed that the various bribe sums were shared with the active knowledge and connivance of Sena Anthony, the company secretary of the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG). Ms. Anthony’s role earned her an arrest, detention and prolonged interrogation during the first investigation. Subsequently, Nigerian investigators decided that she was key to unraveling the complete list of the bribery beneficiaries.

Vanguard learnt that Mr. Obasanjo used a variety of cronies to collect a total of about $39 million in bribe funds. Mr. Obasanjo reportedly used construction giant, Julius Berger, as a go-between. He purported that the huge sums of money were invested in the PDP, whereas only a minute fraction of the funds actually got to the party. Mr. Obasanjo's assistant, Bodunde Adeyanju, was briefly arrested and detained by Nigerian law

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/halliburton-bribery-scam-million-dollar-bribes-were-wired-abdulsalami-abubakar-julius-berg

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by texaco1: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
ba7man: G.E.J had better be careful with the number of enemies he now has.

He seems to attract a lot of animosity towards himself. His allies reduce daily........and they're all singing the same tune.
my thoughts and fears exactly ,his enemies are growing in number with each passing day
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
ba7man: G.E.J had better be careful with the number of enemies he now has.

Don't worry....

The GEJ crew would soon tell us that OBJ/PDP are just selling a dummy to APC....the way the governors that decamped are selling a dummy. cheesy cheesy grin grin. I've never seen people with such profound level of self-denial.

They would remind you how strong the enmity between OBJ and Tinubu is....

Let me let you into a top secret....even Akala...Ladoja and Gbenga Daniel are positioning themselves into positions post GEJ 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by captainbaroni(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: No I doubt this.
Talking of the devil calling a demon, an agent of darkness undecided
Don't mind them. I sence foul play in this. APC should be very careful. Beware of Rats.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by DareBello(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Either Obj do good or bad o, he still remain the best achiever in the history of Nigeria president as at today. Go and read through the history. I may not particular like the man for so many reason but the Man resemble president unlike now.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Deborngreat: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
I don't want to be sentimental but i do believe that GEJ does not have the potentials anticipated of a leader for the nation as big as Nigeria. Unbelievable that in a big occasion as big as lat NELSON MANDELA'S service of song there was no room for the Nigerian president to issue a speech, some blame it on the bilateral discord between South Africa
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
What baffles me most is why nigerian public officials dont have even a single fear of God. Fear of God in d sense that, they dont giv a damn abt others or d interest of d nation once they are opportune to d nation's treasury. They just loot, loot & keep looting just to enrich demselvs/family & own d best of houses in Paris, Dubai,Houston, Texas, thier villages, London etc. Have they ever asked themselves where all these selfish assets would take them to after death? Where/what would all these amount to? Where would God put them after life here on earth? How do they feel when they see the poor filling d nation streets and yet they still go ahead & steal w/out pity 2d poor? Why do they still go ahead & steal just to put d poor in more poverty? How come they have no pity 4 d poor? If some culd divert billions into thier personal accounts & deprieve d 98% of Nigerians who are poor d opportunity to afford 2square meals a day, let it be known dat death is d end of all humans as obj has clearly stated.
#peace

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
ennon92: I don't think so cos Gen. Ihejerikha already lamented military's era has gone forever.

Gen. Ihejerikha must have said that because he is reaping from the military funding. But trust me, Military generals are aggrieved and when they rise up, Gen. Ihejerikha will go down with the corrupt politicians like they did in the past.

Nigeria Politicians have been pushing their luck way too far lately with the sky rocketing crescendo of corruption.

I still dey observe from afar. HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Kennyfancy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
share,,lt share dis country,,hausa and Yoruba ar thugs,,see OBJ dey call persn corrupt
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: GO & DIE.
Jona will rule till 2019, or we divide what Awolowo rightly described GEOGRAPHICAL EXPRESSION
Awolowo was a regional leader on account of his being the Premier of West while Jonathan is national leader. Refering to him as "our son" doesn't make sense.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Kennyfancy: share,,lt share dis country,,hausa and Yoruba ar thugs,,see OBJ dey call persn corrupt

Another m0ron on the loose here....
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by humblesteve(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
humblesteve: OBJ..."go and die"

Gej I don't expect you to say anything except "ObJ go and die"

Best answer to an x leader like him.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
nuelibe: Why premium times?
Answer: APC propaganda newspaper
How come it is not in Punch, ThisDay, Sun, Tribune, Vanguard, Guardian.
LIES.....
Campaign has not started, but the opposition has already exposed their Amaechi & Kwankwaso. They are trying to force President Jonathan to also expose his own strategies, which is not in his character to do. But he's seriously working the grassroots.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by joe120120(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/151275-exclusive-obasanjo-writes-jonathan-accuses-president-lying-destroying-nigeria-promoting-corruption.html
I have been expecting this from obj since he and some of his aide accusing GEJ one thing or the other.but let me say here that obj should remember Dariya of plateau state,Fayose of Ekiti ,Odi, Alamesia of Bayalsa , etc he obj should go back to his activities during his regime and check before being regreatfull. GEJ is better of than OBJ in dealing on civil to Nigerian's constitutional.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Deborngreat: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
I don't want to be sentimental but i do believe that GEJ does not have the potentials anticipated of a leader for the nation as big as Nigeria. Unbelievable that in a big occasion as big as late NELSON MANDELA'S service of song, there was no room for the Nigerian president to issue a speech, some blame it on the bilateral discord between South Africa and Nigeria in recent years but i obviously want to disagree with that statement.

If OBJ was to be the one in power there's never a way ordinary Namibian president will be the one speaking for Africa as a whole @ such an international event.

Jonathan has not woken up to see the demise of the Nigerian honor, DIGNITY and integrity in his hands. Selfishness and greed has blinded his mind over the destructive part him and his entire cabinet is leading this nation to. As far as i know from the last time i checked: THIS IS THE MOST CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE NIGERIAN DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP.

GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Awolowo was a regional leader on account of his being the Premier of West while Jonathan is national leader. Refering to him as "our son" doesn't make sense.

ckchris na ibo boy...he reasons like a cow. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dollarjunkie: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
There's a depth in this letter that it will take more than just a mere eye to understand.

This man has seen what is about to happen, and it takes only a crook to foresee such.

APC trolls can't even see where he was against GEJ for allowing a free and fair election in Edo(APC won), Ondo and Anambra. Meaning he's protecting his party's interest and not of the Nation.

Where got my attention more is where he mentioned that GEJ has 1000 people in his watchlist. This is the whole message lies on. They're already afraid he's coming for them for holding this nation in ransome for decades.

Hehehe... I can but only sit and watch the whole drama unfolds. I doubt if this country will survive the intense of the thunder that is about to strike.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
nagoma:

That will be for ever. So was Ibori's case and many former governors now in parliament apparently making laws for you and me.

Again you guys are showing your stupidity and hypocrisy.
The said Ibori was a king under a Northern president Yar'Adua.
It was GEJ who went after him until he fled.
El Rufai and Ribadu were persecuted by the same Yar'Adua of the North.
They became free under the same GEJ.
So what ar you talking about.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by trillville(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

This post is a summation of your low level of reasoning. Again, Farouq is free because opposition and the North plaid the victim card on him.
Oduah's case is a farce created by APC and Lagos propaganda machinery. If they are so certain there's money stolen why is APC not in court since they claim GEJ refused to prosecute her?
And lastly, shhhhh. None of you APC fellows want GEJ to succeed, it has been that way since he got into office.

A stronger president would do his job and ensure that farcrook would be sentenced to jail irrespective of northern sentiments. He is also the president of the north and he should be seen as the leader of every quarter of the country.

Please read my post slowly so you can get an understanding of what I am saying and if you still want to argue read my post again for a second time.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ba7man(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
captainbaroni:
Don't mind them. I sence foul play in this. APC should be very careful. Beware of Rats.
Open your eyes. This one is beyond APC ooo.

Rotimi Amaechi, Tambuwal, O.B.J, Lamido Sanusi, The 5 Governors that defected, the remaining 2 still aggreived.......This is without mentioning APC core Politicians.

Anti-G.E.J sentiment is gathering momentum, he had better nip it before it ends the Abacha or alleged Yaradua way.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Uwaomapaul(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Obj should stop making noise, if u comes to corruption is this country, OBJ started it even modernize it, GEJ has not done 3 Quarter of wht he did during his regime.if somebody is saying this, i dnt expect is from OBJ becos he is the founder of corruption is Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by leksgcfr(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
l know OBJ will be gnashing his teeth why he has chosen Jonathan.

[size=16]Have said it times without number that Jonathan is surely going to end like Samuel Doe.. with his d!ick tied to a Dangote Truck and drag through Lagos-Badagry Express Road.[/size][/b][/quote]

Ahargh!
Bros fear God na. Upon all members of his body, it is his JS that you want to be tied.
BTW, how about having a memorial for our own ''Mandela''.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by naso2(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Deborngreat: I don't want to be sentimental but i do believe [/b]that GEJ does not have the potentials anticipated of a leader for the nation as big as Nigeria. Unbelievable that in a big occasion as big as lat NELSON MANDELA'S service of song there [b]was no room for the Nigerian president to issue a speech, some blame it on the bilateral discord between South Africa

You have expressed sentiments here even after stating that you don't want to be sentimental. How many leaders went to SA and how many spoke. If everyone was allowed to speak would the service have ended in 2 days. na UN general assembly?

My friend if actually GEJ was snubbed it speaks to our foreign policy and that dates tens of years back. Almost every country we assisted from Namibia to S/LEON turned their backs against Nigeria, all these happened before GEJ even became a deputy governor.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
I can't believe I voted for this thief -encouraging-thieves of a president.

He is nothing but an embarrassment. When you fail to fight corruption, all the gains you have in other areas will be eroded by this monstrous corruption. Corruption is at monumental level in this administration.

The president either lacks the will power to fight it or he himself is a major end beneficiary of this looting.

Sincerely, I should have rendered my vote void instead of realizing I helped to install this clueless corrupt president on us.

iBB introduced corruption, Abacha perfected it, OBJ fought it half heartedly and here we are with Mr. Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan institutionalizing corruption.

We don enter one chance. Ti wa ti ba wa finally.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
5.00GP:

DO YOU KNOW THAT OBJ FOUNDED EFCC?

Yes I know Obasanjo founded EFCC for the following obvious reasons:

1. To witch hunt perceived political enemies eg Odili
2. To water down his notoriety as a corrupt leader
3. To deceive people like you that he is fighting corruption.

A simple question for you
where was Obasanjos EFCC when he (obj) distributed GMG bags to the NASS members to alter the constitution and seek perpetuation in office? I guess they were on hibernation then.

BOTTOM LINE [size=18]EFCC UNDER OBASANJO WAS A CPMPLETE SHAM AND FACADE

FACT: OBASANJO IS THE FATHER OF MODERN CORRUPTION IN NIGERIAN POLITICS[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Yes ..he will win...win the SS and SE votes. The sad part for you and your type is...those two zones alone cannot make him President.
President Jonathan is WORKING HARD TO WIN ENOUGH VOTES FROM THE SOUTHWEST & NORTHWEST. He will surprise greedy people like you who want to sow in APC & reap in PDP. Spit on you

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Again you guys are showing your stupidity and hypocrisy.
The said Ibori was a king under a Northern president Yar'Adua.
It was GEJ who went after him until he fled.
El Rufai and Ribadu were persecuted by the same Yar'Adua of the North.
They became free under the same GEJ.
So what ar you talking about.

Liar. It was Uk that went after Ibori not your Mr Clueless One.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics) / We Must Destroy This Country, Terrorist Who Fled Kuje Prison Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.