Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. (16956 Views)

Ekiti Lawmakers Teargassed / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / PHOTOS: Tambuwal Teargassed At House Of Assembly Premesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kingthreat(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
Rivers state remains divided. Thanks to undiplomatic Jona. OBJ was so right.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by curtain: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
The national assembly has not hands-off the assembly since the appealable decision of the court, why are the touts hasty to constitute another assembly parallel with the one handling the crisis?
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by katordidi(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
stebell:

point of correction it is not yet a war zone.

All i see are greedy politicians fighting over positions and money.
I jus wished they were fighting over which projects to do and which not to do

As i write, honestly PH is in shambles.

I hear peeps saying Amaechi did this, he did that. To be honest those projects were done in his first tenure.
This second tenure is nothing to write home about.
no PDP governor‘s second tenure is anything to write home about including my Benue
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by kokoA(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
edyza: Amaechi oooooo,som1 pls call 911. what d heck is going on dwn thr. buh mehn those lawmakers try sha o.na road dem sidon hold sitting,whr maze cum dey na. na wa oooo. Naija 4 life
mace still dey with chidi Loyld o. You no see say any anti-amaechi lawmaker no near there.. grin A "mace" is enough for the wise o.

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by texazzpete(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
stebell:

As i write, honestly PH is in shambles.

I hear peeps saying Amaechi did this, he did that. To be honest those projects were done in his first tenure.
This second tenure is nothing to write home about.

Is that why there is serious work being done at the YKC-Slaughter axis? Did i go back in time to the first tenure?

Amaechi HAS slowed down, but to claim NOTHING is being done right now is just brainless propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by khattab02: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
kokoA: mace still dey with chidi Loyld o. You no see say any anti-amaechi lawmaker no near there.. grin A "mace" is enough for the wise o.
Lol.. U funny eh!
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by gudugudumeje: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wn in 1962 the Balewa govt. sarted this kind thing in the Western Region's Parliament, there was no country-wide condemnation as Zik sat to watch over the humiliations accompanying the mess then...... which eventually led to the eclipse of the AG in the Federal house of Representative and Nigeria at large. Eventually it led to Nigeria's political instability to date and several successive repeat of repression and oppressions, 1962 to date as well as this one in P/H today. On the brink of collapse Nigeria set now.... Watch out, observers and readers...
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by TheMatrix3: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
gudugudumeje: Wn in 1962 the Balewa govt. sarted this kind thing in the Western Region's Parliament, there was no country-wide condemnation as Zik sat to watch over the humiliations accompanying the mess then...... which eventually led to the eclipse of the AG in the Federal house of Representative and Nigeria at large. Eventually it led to Nigeria's political instability to date and several successive repeat of repression and oppressions, 1962 to date as well as this one in P/H today. On the brink of collapse Nigeria set now.... Watch out, observers and readers...
Re u a prophet of doom? You kinndda sound morbid
yorke1:

Nigeria can ONLY survive beyond 2015 when GEJ is allow to preside over the affairs of the country beyond 2015. Is that too hard for you guys to figure?
You are the sole cause of misfotune for present day Nigeria. So GEJ shd remain weda he is voted by Nigerians or not? I hink the electorate shud decided that not just the Niger Delta
As for the Amaechi, I like the guys guts and truly he is already a hero to the neutrals

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by donphilopus: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
khattab02: lol.. You no wan go sucide mission, Good. No mind tolexander joor.
The guy funny sha! grin

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by 4Wilywily: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
gudugudumeje: Wn in 1962 the Balewa govt. sarted this kind thing in the Western Region's Parliament, there was no country-wide condemnation as Zik sat to watch over the humiliations accompanying the mess then...... which eventually led to the eclipse of the AG in the Federal house of Representative and Nigeria at large. Eventually it led to Nigeria's political instability to date and several successive repeat of repression and oppressions, 1962 to date as well as this one in P/H today. On the brink of collapse Nigeria set now.... Watch out, observers and readers...
Some times I do believe that Akintola and Awolowo are still fighting anywhere they are now, because they didn't resolve what caused their quarrel before they left the world.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by oludamy(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
i wonder how nigeria is suppose to get better wen i see d way some pple come here with worrisome takes....youths for dat matter..... Let us leave political parties out of dis, and not considering which tribe u are from.... Is dis good enof in a democratic setting? Its a shame for something like dis to still happen in nigeria. I dont understand GEJ's arithmetic, 16 is more dan 19, so as 5 is more than 27... D intetegrity of our president is in question.

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
kel4soft:

You are a liar! if you say he hasn't done anything in his second tenure. You need to know, his second tenure is just half way. Infact he has done more in this tenure than the first.

Most of the roads he is reconstructing and constructing including the ones in Greater Port harcourt in this second tenure are more than the constructed in the second tenure.

Those roads in his first tenure can't be more than the ones currently going on and some completed like the dualisation of Eliozu, Nkpogu, Okro Abuloma, all roads in D/Lines roads with walk ways and street lights both at Old GRA. Now what of the on going Rumukrushi-Eneka road, Diobu-Eagle Island road with a bridge. Iwofe dualisation, Ogbogoro, Elipranwo and so many I can't start naming.

Maybe you are blind to see the dualisation of Garrsion-TransAmadi-Woji-Eastwest road going on by RCC. When last did you pass YKC junction or Slaughter? Stop peddling lies. Even the construction of those Secondary Schools look alike University in every LGA's have been completed more in this second tenure (only 1 completed in 1st tenure and 4 second tenure).

The Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo with Unity road with 13 bridges is faster in this second tenure than the first with 10 bridges already completed not ordinary bridge. Bridges along creeks, swamps and sum seas like the Oyorokoto axis.

If Port Harcourt is in shambles, is it Amaechi's fault. When he was in charge of security under Yaradua and early part of GEJ. Where we not living in peace? So if they must remove Amaechi. Why through illegality as supported by you and your cronies? If you don't like Amaechi, is your choice but don't come here to paint a picture that he is hated by people in our state.

You should be ashame of yourself for supporting blindly. Now, Wike you are supporting is busy fighting and disrupting his state without bringing any FG present in our state. Our Minister of Works a PDP member is competing with Edo State Govt on road construction. You see the difference?

You should be more concern or when east-west will be completed and ask your people which FG project is in the state.

Infact, I would want more of Amaechi in my state.
That is my take!

Let's see who owns Rivers without Police intimidation.

My silly friend!!!,its like u are blind to see dat Amaechi has done noting in dis second term...Which roads are u talking about?Have u gone to Elioparanwa to see d terrible state of the road!U have also forgotten dat this is his last term in office...TIME WILL TELL!!!
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dasparrow: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
yorke1:

Nigeria can ONLY survive beyond 2015 when GEJ is allow to preside over the affairs of the country beyond 2015. Is that too hard for you guys to figure?

It is Nigerians that will go to the voting polls to decide who their next president will be. If the people say that they don't want GEJ again, then their decision must be respected. Isn't that what democracy is about?

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmmmm this madness must STOP.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by phantom(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
kel4soft:

You are a liar! if you say he hasn't done anything in his second tenure. You need to know, his second tenure is just half way. Infact he has done more in this tenure than the first.

Most of the roads he is reconstructing and constructing including the ones in Greater Port harcourt in this second tenure are more than the constructed in the second tenure.

Those roads in his first tenure can't be more than the ones currently going on and some completed like the dualisation of Eliozu, Nkpogu, Okro Abuloma, all roads in D/Lines roads with walk ways and street lights both at Old GRA. Now what of the on going Rumukrushi-Eneka road, Diobu-Eagle Island road with a bridge. Iwofe dualisation, Ogbogoro, Elipranwo and so many I can't start naming.

Maybe you are blind to see the dualisation of Garrsion-TransAmadi-Woji-Eastwest road going on by RCC. When last did you pass YKC junction or Slaughter? Stop peddling lies. Even the construction of those Secondary Schools look alike University in every LGA's have been completed more in this second tenure (only 1 completed in 1st tenure and 4 second tenure).

The Ogoni-Andoni-Opobo with Unity road with 13 bridges is faster in this second tenure than the first with 10 bridges already completed not ordinary bridge. Bridges along creeks, swamps and sum seas like the Oyorokoto axis.

If Port Harcourt is in shambles, is it Amaechi's fault. When he was in charge of security under Yaradua and early part of GEJ. Where we not living in peace? So if they must remove Amaechi. Why through illegality as supported by you and your cronies? If you don't like Amaechi, is your choice but don't come here to paint a picture that he is hated by people in our state.

You should be ashame of yourself for supporting blindly. Now, Wike you are supporting is busy fighting and disrupting his state without bringing any FG present in our state. Our Minister of Works a PDP member is competing with Edo State Govt on road construction. You see the difference?

You should be more concern or when east-west will be completed and ask your people which FG project is in the state.

Infact, I would want more of Amaechi in my state.
That is my take!

Let's see who owns Rivers without Police intimidation.

God bless You! I passed through psychiatric hospital road yesterday only to find out stemco is about to start work on it.i still see projects going on every day and they say hes not working.that garrison-trans amadi-woji-elelenwo-akpajo road ALONE is project enough.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by amaechijay: 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
This pro-Amaechi law makers are just jokers, since they moved to Apc their seats have to be declared vacant , they chose this path and should be ready to go down with their master. Secondly, how can they sit outside the hoa without the mace, why did they have to come with touts and back up? Remember the HOA is opposite the police head quarters and you expect the police to sit tight and watch them constitute nuisance? No true rivers man is in support of Amaechi and his toutish government except direct beneficiaries of his foul government e.g my shapeless aunt comm. Semintari. What has Amaechi really done for rivers people? He expanded some roads, built below par health centers, built schools that are not big enough to contain the students? There is no traffic lights or street lights in port Harcourt, has he paid his TIMARIV workers? Expanding roads are not development but building new or alternative roads. The only major road in port Harcourt ie Aba road has no good drainage or street lights, the monorail project and greater port Harcourt project is one big sham. I live on abuloma road in port Harcourt, all he did was re tar the road with asphalt and build pavements. I commend him for the nkpogu road and the new bridge from odili road to woji and beyond but is that all he can account for after spending 6 YEARS in office. He is very arrogant and spiteful that is why he replaced all the lawmakers that were not handpicked by him with morons that cant call him to order. In the hoa, all they do sit and rubber stamp every bill. Amaechi should have been impeached long ago if not for this morons. He was part of Odili's government that brought rivers state to its present state. A renowned cultist. Amaechi's days are numbered..............

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by phantom(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
stebell:

mY GUY ARE YU FRM RIVERS? STOP SPEWING RUBBISH ABOUT RIVERS STATE.

AMAECHI DID WAT.
YU ARE COMPARING AMAECHI WIT OTHER GOVS PAST DONT FORGET TO RELATE UR COMPARISM WIT ALLOCATIONS RECEIVED DURING THE PERIOD YU TALK ABOUT.

DO YU KNOW THAT GOV AMAECHI HV BORROWED MORE MONEY THAN ALL DE GOVS THAT HV RULED RIVERS STATE PUT 2GEDA. THAT IS A FACT

DO YU ALSO KNO THAT GOV AMAECHI RECEIVED IN 3 YRS WAT ODILI DID NOT RECEIVED IN 8YRS IN TERMS OF ALLOCATION.

GOV AMAECHI PERFORMED IN HIS FIRST TENURE....................FACT
HAS HE PERFORMED IN HIS 2ND TENURE..............................NO
THE OP SAID HE IS DOING ROADS IN DLINE. WEN YU ASHPALT/RESURFACE ROADS, DOES THAT IMPLIES ROAD CONSTRUCTION........NO

I tink he de Gov has been in de news more than being in de state to perform his civic duties to the gud peeps of the state
OP wat is happening to IWOFE ROAD?
you would be the first person to shout if due process is not followed and proper compensations not paid.you also want road construction to start during the rainy season? You want them to do that road like the rubbish jonathan is doing on eastwest road? Dont make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by skyp(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
vanguard1: This is all amaechi's fault, he has abandoned his primary assignment of governance so as to chase sefish political gains. I pity Rivers state, Amaechi have annihilated the state.

what about GEJ that has abandoned Nigeria to pursue his selfish interest. Tell me what has he done for the nation that makes him feel that he can still contest 2015

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by 4Wilywily: 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
skyp:
what about GEJ that has abandoned Nigeria to pursue his selfish interest. Tell what has he done for the nation that makes him feel that he can still contest 2015
One good thing he have done is to keep you alive till this moment.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by suolboy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
THE COURT HAS RE-OPEN THE BATTLE HOUSE CLAIMING THERE WAS NO BREAK DOWN OF LAW AND ORDER. SO UNTIL SOMEBODY DIES, BEFORE THERE WILL BE BREAKDOWN OF LAW AND ORDER.
INDEED, THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by jpphilips(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
kel4soft:

Men am scared to know what will happen further. I will just pass through old GRA, then Ogbunabali then back to my house at Woji. Am done with work today.

why do you have to travel that far to work?
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by phantom(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
amaechijay: This pro-Amaechi law makers are just jokers, since they moved to Apc their seats have to be declared vacant , they chose this path and should be ready to go down with their master. Secondly, how can they sit outside the hoa without the mace, why did they have to come with touts and back up? Remember the HOA is opposite the police head quarters and you expect the police to sit tight and watch them constitute nuisance? No true rivers man is in support of Amaechi and his toutish government except direct beneficiaries of his foul government e.g my shapeless aunt comm. Semintari. What has Amaechi really done for rivers people? He expanded some roads, built below par health centers, built schools that are not big enough to contain the students? There is no traffic lights or street lights in port Harcourt, has he paid his TIMARIV workers? Expanding roads are not development but building new or alternative roads. The only major road in port Harcourt ie Aba road has no good drainage or street lights, the monorail project and greater port Harcourt project is one big sham. I live on abuloma road in port Harcourt, all he did was re tar the road with asphalt and build pavements. I commend him for the nkpogu road and the new bridge from odili road to woji and beyond but is that all he can account for after spending 6 YEARS in office. He is very arrogant and spiteful that is why he replaced all the lawmakers that were not handpicked by him with morons that cant call him to order. In the hoa, all they do sit and rubber stamp every bill. Amaechi should have been impeached long ago if not for this morons. He was part of Odili's government that brought rivers state to its present state. A renowned cultist. Amaechi's days are numbered..............
so expanding and dualising roads is not development.so he should have left the all ready existing decaying roads to construct NEW roads? My man you have a brain, do us all a favour and use it.

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by amaechijay: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
I really don't have time for your stupidity at the moment, take it elsewhere and I have every right to voice my opinion....and no dualising roads is not development...thank you.
phantom: so expanding and dualising roads is not development.so he should have left the all ready existing decaying roads to construct NEW roads? My man you have a brain, do us all a favour and use it.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
yorke1:

Which future has OBJ and the rest of the northern f00ls who had rule this country close to 48 years given you? The truth be told we have no future together as a people. Let's go our separate ways!
OBJ and your so call f00ls did not offer us any future so do our dear southern f00ls. But we can make a future for our self by not being sympathetic to them and standing up to our right, use every avenue you have to educate the ignorant and do the right thing by ensuring that you and the members of your household ply the path to a brighter Nigeria future.
Meanwhile nobody is useless at times devil can be so useful.........so in this case OBJ is not far from the truth
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Kratos007(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
yorke1: Nice one! This has been long over due. It's time for Ameachi and his fortitude of thieves in APC to know who thoroughly the BOSS is. GEJ use everything within and outside your means to scatter their gathering if it's against your 2nd term ambition. Ameachi has seen nothing yet. Wait for 2015 to come proper. Rubbish!!!

With youths like you who think with their rear ends, its no wonder the country is in trouble. cretin!

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by phantom(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2013
amaechijay: I really don't have time for your stupidity at the moment, take it elsewhere and I have every right to voice my opinion....and no dualising roads is not development...thank you.
you have removed all doubt as to your IQ.its definitely single digit.read your post again and bury your head in shame.so if they make you governor today,you will leave dead roads to construct new ones on virgin land? I hope you dont come out for political office someday.you are an embarrasment.

3 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Dumb:

My silly friend!!!,its like u are blind to see dat Amaechi has done noting in dis second term...Which roads are u talking about?Have u gone to Elioparanwa to see d terrible state of the road!U have also forgotten dat this is his last term in office...TIME WILL TELL!!!

Let us be fair. The roads pointed out above have been done or have progressed. If the road you are talking about is in deplorable state, it will be handled. I remember when NTA road and ADA GEORGE roads were am eye sore. Today they are in good conditions. Mgbuogba I used to call darkness area has improved in power supplies. This man has worked and deserves to be hailed. Gov. Amaechi has been an wonderful Governor.

We are celebrating the departure of Mandela. A man that stood against injustice. At the same time, Pres. Jona demonstrates injustice and opposes a democratic process upheld by the High Court.

DISAPPOINTING.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by olabukola: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
4Wilywily:
Some times I do believe that Akintola and Awolowo are still fighting anywhere they are now, because they didn't resolve what caused their quarrel before they left the world.
you too like Awolowo, confess to that and be free.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by amaechijay: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
really? are we really doing doing this, I don't trade words with dumb boys like you so I would disregard your comment, I can tell from the way you write that you are either jobless or jobless.......I am a girl and one thing I am quite certain off is that I am more intelligent than you are or will ever be. Yes if given the opportunity to become a Governor I will create more roads and alternative routes on virgin land, that's how new towns are born, it doesn't stop me from maintaining the old roads....thank you
phantom: you have removed all doubt as to your IQ.its definitely single digit.read your post again and bury your head in shame.so if they make you governor today,you will leave dead roads to construct new ones on virgin land? I hope you dont come out for political office someday.you are an embarrasment.
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by otumalagicruz(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
nigeria 2 strong abeg.... ha
Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by phantom(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Let is be fair. The roads pointed out above have been done or have progressed. If the road you are talking about is in deplorable state, it will be handled. I remember when NTA road and ADA GEORGE roads were am eye sore. Today they are in good conditions. Mgbuogba I used to call darkness area has improved in power supplies. This man has worked and deserves to be hailed. Gov. Amaechi has been an wonderful Governor.

We are celebrating the departure of Mandela. A man that stood against injustice. At the same time, Pres. Jona demonstrates injustice and opposes a democratic process upheld by the High Court.

DISAPOINTING.
they wont tell themselves the truth.we all remember when ada george,rumuola, airport,old aba,umumasi-elekahia,stadium roads were an eyesore.nta nko? But today people are not talking about them.rivers people tell yourselves the truth o! Many people bad mouthing the man have one of their kids abroad on scholarship from the state govt.if they like let them vote in a slowpoke like wike in 2015 and see retrogression.i ve said my own.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Teargassed At Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Sidomi: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
This is not good for democracy. Our parents suffered injustice in d hands of d military, we are suffering injustice in d hands of GEJ and so will our children also suffer all these impunity? AMAECHI is a Hero. Chibuike, pls fight till d end, even if impunity prevails @ d end, I will tell my children about ur courage. I am a southerner and I will be stupid 2 pick GEJ as a president, if given Amaechi as an option. God forbid. We are not dullards in South South, we are brilliant and smart. GEJ is a mistake. U call ursef a sitting president whose wife is from rivers and u can't democratically lobby common law makers 2ur side 2win a battle. Shame on GEJ. If it is to drink ogogoro now, he will carry 1st. A president dat talks and nobody listens, no charisma, clueless, dump and above all an ingrate. N3trillion is alleged missing and GEJ is not bothered? I am from Delta, Wat av we benefited from GEJ? Nothing. Keep empowering Ijaws and militants alone, selfish Bastard of a president.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC Bought Eight Vehicles Worth N560m — Sagay / Violent Clash: Lagos APC Expresses Regret, Says It Won’t Happen Again / Aminu Abdussalam: Tinubu Held His Colloquium In Kano Because Of 2023 Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.