Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton (7104 Views)

Pagan9ja, Macof, Ifeness, FOLYKASE Why Do Most Think Low Of Our African Sciences / Macof, Let's Discuss. / Word Of Advice- How To Beat Muslims In A Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Me think 'pagan' is a corrupted term used to destroy the concept of other form of spirituality apart from Abrahamic faith.

African spirituality to the best I see it is 'naturalistic pantheism'. Naturalistic pantheism is the same thing as spiritual atheism which I am.

So ye yin iya wa?
Rara
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

Is this about authenticity of a private information I am sharing or about candid research on the possible root of fire-electricity phenomena. Remember, this is not about self-glorification or argument, its about research. I am sharing with you, that Sango's experience is NOT myth, cos my Great Grand Father actually possessed such powers while my little brother is shocked to see such playing out in his dreams.

Was ur Great grand father a Sango devotee? Cus only Sango devotees can be possessed by him.

And ur brother is probably A reincarnation of ur Great grand father.
his soul is trying to tap through the energy it experienced in a previous life.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Lmao!!

Methinks Billyonaire's great gramps was a Sango worshipper, while his bro is a reincarnation of great gramps. Esoteric jazz and all that cheesy
lol yeah. but the story he narrated was exactly the same with the fire benders in avatar. they breathe fire and could form fire from the palm. the stronger fire benders could bend lighting n thunders.

may be his brother watches too much of this story and started thinking he his avatar aang grin

as for his gramps, everyone has one time or the other heard mysterious stories/ fairytales about their gramps. it doesn't mean they were real.
my gramps use to be warrior that kills soilders with ordinary Cain and he never feels hot even if they throw him into a magma burning at 3000 degrees

4 Likes

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by nnofaith: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Me think 'pagan' is a corrupted term used to destroy the concept of other form of spirituality apart from Abrahamic faith.

African spirituality to the best I see it is 'naturalistic pantheism'. Naturalistic pantheism is the same thing as spiritual atheism which I am.

So ye yin iya wa?
i dont know about your spirituality but i damn sure know you are not atheist.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
@bolded, Tsk tsk, your language...

Macof and Folake are evangelical pagans grin grin

Paganism isn't evangelistic.
It's the default way of life
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
nnofaith: i dont know about your spirituality but i damn sure know you are not atheist.

You always appear rhetoric everytime. Is there anything like 'my spirituality'?

Lets go down the stream....what is spirituality?

I am not an atheist (hateist). I am spiritual atheist. Gerrit?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Rara

Iya wa. I am sorry I cant type much. But this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1468365/naturalistic-pantheism-atheism should help. Feel free to ask any question here.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Reyginus:

Is Sango, the god of thunder, really the Electrical Energy?
Yes

Is there any relationship between Sango or Electrical energy and a certain spiritual phenomena?
as Folykaze has explained before, Sango is the potential Electric charges which are convert to form Electricity, lightening, thunder etc. and as Modern science states- the electric charges in our body is wat enables brain signals to travel through the body and also keeps the heart beat.

Spiritual phenomena is a term used to describe manipulations of this conscious energy to form something unusual

Every other party interested are to seek permission from them before going further.

2 Likes

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:
Yes

as Folykaze has explained before, Sango is the potential Electric charges which are convert to form Electricity, lightening, thunder etc. and as Modern science states- the electric charges in our body is wat enables brain signals to travel through the body and also keeps the heart beat.

Spiritual phenomena is a term used to describe manipulations of this conscious energy to form something unusual

Then why is he called the god of Iron?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:

That is bad.

Is Sango the God of Iron?

I will have to quit on you. You are them them.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:

He is not called God of iron, Ogun is Orisha of Iron and all metal works
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
macof:

He is not called God of iron, Ogun is Orisha of Iron and all metal works
Oops, I was half asleep when I typed that embarassed. I meant god of thunder (or is it god of war?). He is called the god of thunder or war (I forget now)
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Oops, I was half asleep when I typed that embarassed. I meant god of thunder (or is it god of war?). He is called the god of thunder or war (I forget now)

*faint*
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:

You see?
You don't know anything about the Yoruba spirituality just like many who condemn.

Am yet to see anybody with sound knowledge on Yoruba spirituality that is dismissing everything about it like many of you
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

*faint*
When you wake up you will tell me.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

There is a relationship or more, but has nothing to do with Sango. Sango posses the skills to transmute energy to the form of sound and fire just like my great grand father and so many other Chinese of the older centuries. The relationship is clear in science, Energy can be converted from one form to another, but what these people posses is the ability to transmute the energies psychically.

Can we proceed ?
Good one. I am not on any side, bro. I am the moderator when they need one
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
aManFromMars: Smh.

I'm out.
Please come back.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
nnofaith: Bros the only thing you will learn on this thread is that "every BS is local"
Okay.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
When you wake up you will tell me.

Why you no pull water on me? And hug things.....it wake the dead copse in me straight.

But seriously, you need to speak on something you know comprehensively. You were trying to condemn macof but your whole statements against him were wrong. You need peace of mind to gain enlightenment-buddha. Iwa-pele ni mu ori eni han fun ni (calmness makes your consciousness appear before you) - Ifa. But you were quick to attack. Iya....smh 'needful.

*faint again*
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Why you no pull water on me? And hug things.....it wake the dead copse in me straight.

But seriously, you need to speak on something you know comprehensively. You were trying to condemn macof but your whole statements against him were wrong. You need peace of mind to gain enlightenment-buddha. Iwa-pele ni mu ori eni han fun ni (calmness makes your consciousness appear before you) - Ifa. But you were quick to attack. Iya....smh 'needful.

*faint again*
I wasn't condemning macof. I want to know why Sango is referred to as a god in Yoruba mythology. You and macof says he is pure energy or electricity, but Yoruba myth says he was a man-god married to Oya and Osun. I want to know why the discrepancy
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Where is plaetton?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:
I wasn't condemning macof. I want to know why Sango is referred to as a god in Yoruba mythology. You and macof says he is pure energy or electricity, but Yoruba myth says he was a man-god married to Oya and Osun. I want to know why the discrepancy

na hug be this?

Ma still talk with my little strength.

Let me start by saying Orisa does not best translate as God/god. In the sense that most words when translated lost their core meaning. A very good example is Ekuile translarted as welcome in english.

Orisa mean selected consciousness (ori-consciousnes + sa-selected).

We were told that Oba are deputy of Orisa (alase keji oosa).

Do you notice that twin are Orisa too? (Orisa Ibeji)

One's mother is Orisa

You are your own Orisa

So it will be very wrong if you classified Orisa as a supernatural beings with the omnis attribute who live behind wind.

Everything in universe is conscious. Since spirituality is about connectedness, Orisa practise is understanding practically with connection and ability to devise natural forces for your quest.

Lets now go down a little bit to Sango and Oya.

Sango is electrical energy in scientific sense.

Oya is cloud or wind.

The marriage between them is not relating to human marriage at all. It refers to the unionism which brought about their manifestation. Meaning no cloud, no lightening and thunder.

It is truth that there existed a king in the 4th century called Sango. He was made after 'Sango/jakuta' the energetic nature of sango because he was brilliant and can manipulate the energy in wars. The same way blacksmith are called Ogun among Yoruba people.

Na hug go wake me next o.
*faint*

3 Likes

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by macof(m): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ishilove:

Sango(the human) was the 3rd Alaafin of Oyo and had 3wives(the names u know)
Alaafin Sango was able to manipulate the Energy responsible for fire(like Billz Great grand father) which he learnt from his mothers city of Tapa. After Sango's craze made him commit suicide his body got missing people started saying he resurrected or actually didn't die but ascended to Ikole-Orun(spiritual realm of the ancestors), hence the name "Sango Olukoso" meaning "Lord Sango didn't hang" . After this, people who didn't believe that "Olukoso" started mocking him saying upon all his might and fire tricks he was disgraced to death. Lightening struck the town and many properties and lives were lost, this made people venerate Sango as the new icon of that force, changing the former names "Jakuta" meaning "fight with stones" or "strike with stones" and "Aramfe"(in some places) to "Sango"

another one is Ogun

Ogun was a strong Blacksmith who was born in Idanre, Ogun would never wear clothes but instead tie palmfronds around his waist as he goes into the bush with his loyal dogs hunting deer and rabbit when ever he returns he would start working in his shop, forging metal equipments for the town.
Ogun usually made lots of sacrifice to
Oguns talent reached many parts of Yorubaland that even Ife people would come to buy equipments from idanre, which made them rich and economically stable.
Another person with the name Ogun existed in Ire-Ekiti, his disciples claimed he didn't die but digged the ground, entered it and disappeared. Much later he was venerated by using him as the personification for the Iron and metal he loved so much.
The former name used for the force of Iron was "Tobelode" meaning "Metal equipment is for Hunters" and "Osin" in some places

2 Likes

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by plaetton: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

na hug be this?

Let me start by saying Orisa does not best translate as God/god. In the sense that most words when translated lost their core meaning. A very good example is Ekuile translarted as welcome in english.

One's mother is Orisa

You are your own Orisa

So it will be very wrong if you classified Orisa as a supernatural beings with the omnis attribute who live behind wind.

Everything in universe is conscious. Since spirituality is about connectedness, Orisa practise is understanding practically with connection and ability to devise natural forces for your quest.

Oya is cloud or wind.

The marriage between them is not relating to human marriage at all. It refers to the unionism which brought about their manifestation. Meaning no cloud, no lightening and thunder.

It is truth that there existed a king in the 4th century called Sango. He was made after 'Sango/jakuta' the energetic nature of sango because he was brilliant and can manipulate the energy in wars. The same way blacksmith are called Ogun among Yoruba people.

*faint*

I wish stuff like this was taught at all levels of learning in our educational system.
Irrespective of whether they are myth or factual history, it gives color and dynamism to African History, as it should be.

We are lost and rudderless today because we allowed others to rob us and make us ashamed of our ancestors and our history.
We are so quick and eager to embrace the mythical bullshyts of foreign tribes, while ignoring the philosophical underpinnings of our own cultures and traditions.

5 Likes

Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
plaetton:

I wish stuff like this was taught at all levels of learning in our educational system.
Irrespective of whether they are myth or factual history, it gives color and dynamism to African History, as it should be.

We are lost and rudderless today because we allowed others to rob us and make us ashamed of our ancestors and our history.
We are so quick and eager to embrace the mythical bullshyts of foreign tribes, while ignoring the philosophical underpinnings of our own cultures and traditions.

The very time I read that Sam Harris embraced Buddhism, I questioned reason why he did such despite the myths and religious attachments wrapped around buddhism if truely Harris is an atheist. I visited is site where he explained that he is separating buddhism philosophy from religion dogmas. From there henceforth, I took interest in spiritualism. I did not go into buddhism because Ifa is more related to it. So when we have this at home, why should I embrace that of foreigners? I make lot of friends some who are priest is Santeria and Ifa at home. When they both explain this things to me, it make lot of sense....when you decipher the metaphoric and personified expression. Truth be told, there are some aspects that appear as myth to me but I believe it because I cant give genuine meaning to the phenomena. Example is Egungun (dead living ancestors)....am still confused about communication with them. But rather than call it a myth, I prefer to say I dont know.

Our educational system is really killing things faster. This things are hardly studied in school compare to other religion philosophy. What sadden me most is that when I read replies from my AA friend and compare it with articles from santeria sites, I reason why we cant have something of that nature back home. They have modernized African spirituality and they light it up. What we at home are doing is battling Abrahamic dabble. So sadden.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
@ plaetton, lot of atheists here wont support you if they find out that you are supporting stuff like this. Even now everything is naturalistic explanation of African Spirituality, they wont agree on that with you. How are you going to deal with this?

And from most of your post which I read, I am curious to know if you are a pantheist atheist?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

na hug be this?

One's mother is Orisa

You are your own Orisa

Oya is cloud or wind.

*faint*
This is some deep esoteric sh**t... And I mean it in a good way cheesy

*sprinkles peppery yam water on him*

Yea, this should do the trick. E dide!! grin
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by plaetton: 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
FOLYKAZE: @ plaetton, lot of atheists here wont support you if they find out that you are supporting stuff like this. Even now everything is naturalistic explanation of African Spirituality, they wont agree on that with you. How are you going to deal with this?

And from most of your post which I read, I am curious to know if you are a pantheist atheist?

Yes , I am pantheist atheist.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
plaetton:

Yes , I am pantheist atheist.
Lobatan. How is this possible?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
So Foly and macof, since you are nature worshippers, in essence you don't believe in the existence of gods?
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
The arguments against have not been anything close to impressive so far.
Guys, up your game.
Re: Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Platen, atheism is the disbelief in the supernatural, right? How then can you mention pantheism and atheism in the same sentence? Correct me if I am wrong but these are diametric opposites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Bought A Mercedes-benz 450 GL For Nollywood Actress Dani / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance / "God" Is Outside Of Space And Time...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.