Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,624 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:37 PM

Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? (35096 Views)

Adieu To The Great Madiba / Burial Details of Madiba of South Africa, Nelson Mandela -Died At 95 / Adieu Madiba, Gone Too Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
Interesting.

Please guys ehn, embarassed desist from name calling, let's have peaceful debate like the adults we are....grin
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by GHKWAME1: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
BCraig:

Tribes IN Naai-geria spend their time defending themselves from attacks and accusations by other tribes. It's the Naai-gerian way.

Cursed and doomed is this nation.

They have a surplus of venom, so they export it.
We have similar social problems in Ghana as well, the only difference is we have a strong conflict resolution mechanism to douse the flame. Please don't make sweeping comments as a result of a few delusional bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 11:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
GH^KWAME:
We have similar social problems in Ghana as well, the only difference is we have a strong conflict resolution mechanism to douse the flame. Please don't make sweeping allegations as a result of a few delusional bigots.

All the ones who grew up in Nigeria have the same mind, its like you are dealing with one person. If you could go through each of the post in this thread you would swear they were sat down and recited everthying. Same old boring thing. Their desrespect to cultures and seeing traditions as premitive. Attacking the SA Bushman/Khoisans, Kenya's Masai, Botswana's Khoi becouse those people decided to live and preserve their culture is totally based on low self esteem and cluelessness. And then they call themselves "Giant of Africa" in what exactly? What can be learned from Nigerian by other Africans? Self hate? Worship of mone & Everything Western?
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by GHKWAME1: 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
sweetcheecks:

All the ones who grew up in Nigeria have the same mind, its like you are dealing with one person. If you could go through each of the post in this thread you would swear they were sat down and recited everything. Same old boring thing. Their disrespect to cultures and seeing traditions as primitive. Attacking the SA Bushman/Khoisans, Kenya's Masai, Botswana's Khoi because those people decided to live and preserve their culture is totally based on low self esteem and cluelessness. And then they call themselves "Giant of Africa" in what exactly? What can be learned from Nigerian by other Africans? Self hate? Worship of money & Everything Western?
Lol! Take it easy my sister, I am sure they type mean words just to hit back at People who give them facts about their country. I know the feeling when they call Ghanaians dark/blacks whilst they engage in bleaching their skin. In reality many of the insults they spew on the net can never be uttered by them to anyone on the street. If only they could channel their hate comments on the net on other countries by hitting the street and demanding for their rights and holding credible elections their country might start earning respect from other countries.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 12:32am On Dec 19, 2013
GH^KWAME:
Lol! Take it easy my sister, I am sure they type mean words just to hit back at People who give them facts about their country. I know the feeling when they call Ghanaians dark/blacks whilst they engage in bleaching their skin. In reality many of the insults they spew on the net can never be uttered by them to anyone on the street. If only they could channel their hate comments on the net on other countries by hitting the street and demanding for their rights and holding credible elections their country might start earning respect from other countries.

See Ghana boy get mouth O!

I shall be laughing when Germany Massacre you guys next year.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 12:36am On Dec 19, 2013
sweetcheecks:

All the ones who grew up in Nigeria have the same mind, its like you are dealing with one person.

I highly doubt you have ever been to nigeria to utter such statement. You hubby must be an area boy from the east to be feeding you such garbage.

sweetcheecks:

If you could go through each of the post in this thread you would swear they were sat down and recited everthying. Same old boring thing. Their desrespect to cultures and seeing traditions as premitive. Attacking the SA Bushman/Khoisans, Kenya's Masai, Botswana's Khoi becouse those people decided to live and preserve their culture is totally based on low self esteem and cluelessness. And then they call themselves "Giant of Africa" in what exactly? What can be learned from Nigerian by other Africans? Self hate? Worship of mone & Everything Western?

Na our way. No change anytime soon.

una go tire una self. As soon as this thread finishes, another one will pop up!

hehehehe!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by GHKWAME1: 12:41am On Dec 19, 2013
morpheus24:

See Ghana boy get mouth O!

I shall be laughing when Germany Massacre you guys next year.
Try qualifying from the group stage, or better still try winning a game at the world cup before laughing.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by BCraig: 2:35am On Dec 19, 2013
morpheus24:

"bleks"

shocked

Why are you stealing my words, you uncreative four one nine zit on a bum? angry
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 3:42am On Dec 19, 2013
BCraig:

shocked

Why are you stealing my words, you uncreative four one nine zit on a bum? angry

Eishh......I am making sure all pale faced foreigners feel at home on nairaland.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by mink505: 5:47am On Dec 19, 2013
it's called politics. South Africa is free to invite whomever they wish.
When Goodluck Jonathan dies, Nigeria is also free to choose whether to invite SA to GEJ's burial. grin

In fact, I am ashamed of the arrogance being displayed by Nigerians on this thread. Just because you "helped" someone doesn't mean that they are forever indebted to you. If you want them to be forever indebted to you then you should have signed a diplomatic contract or agreement when you "helped" them. other countries sign agreements if they want something in return for their favors.
haba Imagine if Nigerians were d ones rulling SA we would be 10x worse than the whites.
SA has already returned the favor by allowing 419 thiefs and drug peddling Nigerians into its borders anyway.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by tommynico(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2013
So this babaric arguement is still on............. GH^KWAME, ghana is a country i respect 4 their democracy nd i really envy ur gov't but dat shldn't av let u loose ur reasons, we both fought 4 each other our independence 4rm d white monkeys by our gr8 leaders in d past nd u Shld still b able to remember dat ghana had it's own turbulent times in d past nd if not 4 God's intervention, am so sure dat a bug wuld b more weightier dan u nd am so highly dissapointed dat u can make such a ridiculous comment about nigeria wen u should b d one to help us acheive dis dream of ours, totally disappointed, totally.

And u guys 4rm RSA, one of u made a comment dat we worship everytn western, i agree wt u but let me ask this, which country is ur biggest trading patner? Ode, obo, mumu. In all of d african continent na only SA dey form western pass even to d extent of allowing abomination to thrive within ur land, ur country has one of the highest crime rate on d continent nd ur gov't, a cabal of proud selfcentred he goats nd baboons.

2 Likes

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by dsaynt: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2013
zaandrew: Just like to point a few things out here.
1 nigeria helping the anti aparthied movement was probaly pay back for SA helping bifar. SA sent wepaons, ammo, medical supplies and fuel. There where even south african speciol forces(we actually formed our speciol forces just to send a training team to bifar techncaly they where not yet speciol forces even since they left before forming it) in bifar to train them on these wepaons. This AID carrired on right up and till bifar lost(SA knew they had no hope in winning but hellped in any case) the SA solders left while the runway was being shelled. So it make sense nigeria would hold a grudge

2 the support given by nigeria was very littel. The mony provided was a drop in the ocoen compared to what the USSR gave and no nigerian solders died fighting south africa unlike Cuba and USSR who lost thousands. The USSR spent more money fighting SA than fighting afghanstan.

3 aparthied ended only once western goverments(america, europe, extra) put pressure. If they did not put pressure aparthied would still be strong and while right now.

4 nambia presdiant spoke because of 2 resoans 1 he chairs SADC and 2 SWAPO was a strong ally of the ANC. Raul castro spoke because mandela and fiddel castro where close freinds if gaddafie was alive he would have been allowed to speak. America spoke because they america and still the only supper power then brazil, china and india are parts of brics.

Thanks for the info. I like the way you CLEARLY spelt it out and it made a lot of logical sense. This is the way things should be explained. You are obviously an educated and exposed South African that understands African/Black unity. Some people both NIGERIANS and SOUTH AFRICANS took this too far and once national pride is at stake everyone throws decorum to the winds. The person that started this thread was probably curious given the much documented history of help that Nigeria gave SA. The whole thing now degenerated into a fight...Nigeria vs SA (with external fighters like the Kenyans and Bots peeps that weren't even invited into the fight making inputs...Lol).

This has gone far enough. Lets sheath our swords (If i said hurtful stuff I'm sorry...it was a good fun fight though...hahahahaha). So pleae please, lets look towards developing our respective countries. I am sure we don't like the bad stuff some of our people do to spoil our countries so lets channel all this energy into stopping it.
As someone pointed out..the whities aka europeans don't fight like this...they direct their energy into developing themselves or fighting us. Lets learn to do the same!

have a great day peeps!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by tommynico(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2013
If u r going 2 say anything about d gov't here let me tell u dis, it's not new to me, nd pls make ur comments quick coz dia's a lot on my desk here, don't av d time to spare wt brainwashed ''phools'' like y'll
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by taiosino: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2013
mink505: it's called politics. South Africa is free to invite whomever they wish.
When Goodluck Jonathan dies, Nigeria is also free to choose whether to invite SA to GEJ's burial. grin

In fact, I am ashamed of the arrogance being displayed by Nigerians on this thread. Just because you "helped" someone doesn't mean that they are forever indebted to you. If you want them to be forever indebted to you then you should have signed a diplomatic contract or agreement when you "helped" them. other countries sign agreements if they want something in return for their favors.
haba Imagine if Nigerians were d ones rulling SA we would be 10x worse than the whites.
SA has already returned the favor by allowing 419 thiefs and drug peddling Nigerians into its borders anyway.

And what have the goverments of SA,bostwana,kenya Ghana and several other countries done about these so called Nigerian criminals and drug dealers?are they trying to tell us that these group of black sheep nigerians are more powerful than their respective security forces?if you identify a law breaker you jail or deport the person!that is what your respective goverments should be preoccupying
themselves with and not their citizens coming here to rant! You!how many criminal Nigerians have you reported to the police?it means you are part of the problem if you know one or a few and can't point them out!the bostwanan lady who said we go there to marry for papers,with respect to her country that is an indictment on the Government!how about enacting a law on sham marriages?or can't the bostwanana girls or SA ladies identify when a guy is for real?is sweetcheeks the south african not with a Nigerian man?does she have cause to complain?!so many rhetorical questions.
Our problem here is bad and selfish leaders and ofcourse the several bad eggs roaming around the globe disgracing us;but is it all bad?there are several honest men and women in your countries doing honest work and business why not celebrate those ones too?even in our sister nation Ghana there are several nigerian business there contributing to their economy and providing employment,same with lots of Ghanaians living here in Nigeria.
A lot of Nigerians who wrongly thought they could commit crimes elsewhere and run back home for refuge have been disappointed as nigeria immediately invokes its extradiction treaties,but unfortunately we don't hear that since bad news travels faster!pls let us be reasonable.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by tommynico(m): 10:50am On Dec 19, 2013
dsaynt:

Thanks for the info. I like the way you CLEARLY spelt it out and it made a lot of logical sense. This is the way things should be explained. You are obviously an educated and exposed South African that understands African/Black unity. Some people both NIGERIANS and SOUTH AFRICANS took this too far and once national pride is at stake everyone throws decorum to the winds. The person that started this thread was probably curious given the much documented history of help that Nigeria gave SA. The whole thing now degenerated into a fight...Nigeria vs SA (with external fighters like the Kenyans and Bots peeps that weren't even invited into the fight making inputs...Lol).

This has gone far enough. Lets sheath our swords (If i said hurtful stuff I'm sorry...it was a good fun fight though...hahahahaha). So pleae please, lets look towards developing our respective countries. I am sure we don't like the bad stuff some of our people do to spoil our countries so lets channel all this energy into stopping it.
As someone pointed out..the whities aka europeans don't fight like this...they direct their energy into developing themselves or fighting us. Lets learn to do the same!

have a great day peeps!

sure, just dat the went to far, especially the uninvited ones here (KENYANS, BOTs nd others) forcing their way in just to get attention.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by dsaynt: 10:59am On Dec 19, 2013
BluIvy:

You have time dear, let the phools speak on things they know nothing and make themselves experts on them. They are showing their ignorance.

Lol. BlueIvy...must you spew hate with every comment you make? @Moratiwa obviously knows what he is talking about and feels that his earlier explanation was not that clear hence he made it clearer...more kudos to him.
I believe you made the inital statement of Mugabe arresting Mbeki in Swaziland. The way you portrayed it was that Mugabe had the power to arrest Mbeki INSIDE Swaziland, hence the whole argument about the borders of Swaziland.
Anyways enough of this...@Moratiwa has kindly explained how stuff like that can com about.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by GHKWAME1: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
tommynico: So this babaric argument is still on............. GH^KWAME, ghana is a country i respect 4 their democracy nd i really envy ur gov't but dat shldn't av let u loose ur reasons, we both fought 4 each other our independence 4rm d white monkeys by our gr8 leaders in d past nd u Shld still b able to remember dat ghana had it's own turbulent times in d past nd if not 4 God's intervention, am so sure dat a bug wuld b more weightier dan u nd am so highly disappointed dat u can make such a ridiculous comment about nigeria when u should b d one to help us achieve dis dream of ours, totally disappointed, totally.

I am sure you are not a newbie on nairaland and as such witness to the daily barrage of insults most of your compatriots hurl on Ghanaians on a daily basis(just local search ghana on nairaland every five minutes) on any known Nigerian site. Indeed, I have been very charitable with my response, because I know views and comments expressed by some bigots do not represent the larger opinion of people. Somehow I get the impression you are not disappointed with the insults hurled on Ghanaians and other foreigners by your compatriots, but disappointed when we reply. Well I am not surprised, because at the end of the day, "this is nairaland, and not cedisland" or foreignland.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by GHKWAME1: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
simpleseyi:
Ghana has always been
a fraud, from Ghana must go to
Ghana oil. Ask companies that
moved from Nigeria to Ghana, they
are regretting it. Ghana is as
developed as Osogbo, the capital of
Osun state. I have been to Ghana
and I can say that the country is
only good for 5th class citizens of
the world.
^^^You see what I am talking about?
We are constantly reminded that this site is for Nigerians, but threads are opened to discuss other countries, and when it gets heated, they call on moderators to close the thread down.

https://www.nairaland.com/1561231/nigerian-students-study-portakabin-gnananian#1561231.10
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
dsaynt:

Thanks for the info. I like the way you CLEARLY spelt it out and it made a lot of logical sense. This is the way things should be explained. You are obviously an educated and exposed South African that understands African/Black unity. Some people both NIGERIANS and SOUTH AFRICANS took this too far and once national pride is at stake everyone throws decorum to the winds. The person that started this thread was probably curious given the [b] much documented history of help that Nigeria gave SA.[/b]The whole thing now degenerated into a fight...Nigeria vs SA (with external fighters like the Kenyans and Bots peeps that weren't even invited into the fight making inputs...Lol).

have a great day peeps!

@ bolded, you guys have no dignity whatsoever, you would lie at drop of a hat. Where is the documantation you talking about? You keep on interviewing people and them telling stories by moonlight and you call that documented? Hopeless people!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by dsaynt: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
sweetcheecks:

@ bolded, you guys have no dignity whatsoever, you would lie at drop of a hat. Where is the documantation you talking about? You keep on interviewing people and them telling stories by moonlight and you call that documented? Hopeless people!

Now now...this is the kind of stuff that gets us nowhere...I can see you are still in the fighting mood...we can all keep going at this forever and it wouldn't help anyone. When I speak of 'documented' I am refering to the media etc that talk about the help given by Nigeria to SA back then. A lot of other countries did so too. Like someone said earlier...SA people were sent money to fight the Boers, scholarships were given etc. It pales in the light of what countries like the Soviet Union did by sending actual fighters but it was something. As for talking about dignity, you should have some and not resort to saying it was a lie. Even your people on this thread admit it...all they are saying is that it doesn't give Nigerians the right to be making noise about it the way we do. I agree with that opinion cos we someone is helping someone u don't expect something in return.
Like I said before, even though its been fun arguing etc this is getting out of hand. We should expend our energy ensuring that our countries develop and step up on the world stage. I would be the first to admit that Nigeria has a long way to go but then none of are there. We should channel our energies like these first world countries do in developing their countries.
We Africans are the cradle of civilization yet we are lagging behind the Europeans.
Thats why I admire Nkuruma a lot, he knew that for Africa to be great we have to join hands together and build the continent.

I do know we are all passionate about our countries and would defend it with words(insults?) but thats not good...lets encourage one another.
We are all brothers and sisters ( and even siblings do fight) but we must remember..the enemy is not us...its them out there. Those that see Africa as the 'dark continent'.
So sweetcheeks my dear lets all sheath our swords. I do understand how riled up you must be seeing the insults etc directed at you and your country...sorry about that.
And my fellow Nigerians- E DON DO O!!! Its enough! Lets show the world that we are nice people too! and I do know that not everyone hates us! I've got friends from SA, Kenya, Uganada and a very good friend from Tanzania (none from Botswana sha...maybe BlueIvy would become one. Lol)

take care peeps
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by taiosino: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
dsaynt:

Now now...this is the kind of stuff that gets us nowhere...I can see you are still in the fighting mood...we can all keep going at this forever and it wouldn't help anyone. When I speak of 'documented' I am refering to the media etc that talk about the help given by Nigeria to SA back then. A lot of other countries did so too. Like someone said earlier...SA people were sent money to fight the Boers, scholarships were given etc. It pales in the light of what countries like the Soviet Union did by sending actual fighters but it was something. As for talking about dignity, you should have some and not resort to saying it was a lie. Even your people on this thread admit it...all they are saying is that it doesn't give Nigerians the right to be making noise about it the way we do. I agree with that opinion cos we someone is helping someone u don't expect something in return.
Like I said before, even though its been fun arguing etc this is getting out of hand. We should expend our energy ensuring that our countries develop and step up on the world stage. I would be the first to admit that Nigeria has a long way to go but then none of are there. We should channel our energies like these first world countries do in developing their countries.
We Africans are the cradle of civilization yet we are lagging behind the Europeans.
Thats why I admire Nkuruma a lot, he knew that for Africa to be great we have to join hands together and build the continent.

I do know we are all passionate about our countries and would defend it with words(insults?) but thats not good...lets encourage one another.
We are all brothers and sisters ( and even siblings do fight) but we must remember..the enemy is not us...its them out there. Those that see Africa as the 'dark continent'.
So sweetcheeks my dear lets all sheath our swords. I do understand how riled up you must be seeing the insults etc directed at you and your country...sorry about that.
And my fellow Nigerians- E DON DO O!!! Its enough! Lets show the world that we are nice people too! and I do know that not everyone hates us! I've got friends from SA, Kenya, Uganada and a very good friend from Tanzania (none from Botswana sha...maybe BlueIvy would become one. Lol)

take care peeps
well said bro,and I think the moderators have to ban such disparaging threads,we all all one either we like it or not irrespective of our differences and we should learn to moderate our use of insultive language as anger only begets same in the end.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by vanhelsing2099(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm

Every my people(africa) dey inside bus
Suffering and smilling
81 standing 49 sitting
Sufferin and smilling
Everyday nah d same tin

PEACE REIGN
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by tommynico(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
GH^KWAME:

^^^You see what I am talking about?
We are constantly reminded that this site is for Nigerians, but threads are opened to discuss other countries, and when it gets heated, they call on moderators to close the thread down.

https://www.nairaland.com/1561231/nigerian-students-study-portakabin-gnananian#1561231.10

am sorry about that and dis goes to my fellow naijarians, let the ghanians b coz dey r our sister nation and face those hypocrites that call demslvs 'blek africans'
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by tommynico(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
sweetcheecks:

sweetcheeks, i hope Ur lips r as sweet as ur cheeks coz i wuld luv to kiss them someday......try chill down small make we yan sweet tori, 4give me if i said anytn dat's hurtful to u.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Anvaller: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
[b]I can't believe that this thread eventually skyrocketed into venomous outbursts. Everything that have transpired is a shame. To the owner of this Forum, I am disappointed that ur management policies of this forum is poor. U should have closed down a thread that brews hatred. Here is a thread with 20 pages, can anyone tell me what we have actually learnt apart from further propagation of hates and animosity amongst ourselves? It pains me that we black ppl don't think. U can never find any forum online where bunch of Germans, English, Dutch etc are degrading themselves. But u will find thread where these Europeans share information and educate themselves. It doesn't mean these ppl don't disagree with each other but they do so with respect and understanding while they listen to each other.

Guys, let's not deceive ourselves, problem in Africa is across board. Nigeria has problem, other countries do too. Imagine if we had dedicated this thread to problem solving and knowledge sharing? But unfortunately we Africans do not gravitate towards positive. If I start a thread right now about discussing the best of African countries, I doubt if it will stretch 2 or 3 pages. But if I start a thread and say Ghanaians and S.Africans are bad bla bla.. u see everyone flocking at it to throw cyber punches... It saddens me. And this doesn't only happen on Nigerian forum, u see it in forums from other countries. U can only show that u are better by not acting like them. If u act like them u are probably worse.

My fellow Nigerians, I know many of u here are young ppl that don't care about a lot of stuffs but u need start to learn some maturity. Ignore insults from foreigners and desist from insulting foreigners. This is actually how u can be respected.

And to the owner of this forum, I suggest that u discourage threads like this by closing them down. I understand u might like it because of the traffic that it brings but hey! don't thrive in negativity.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by BCraig: 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
dsaynt:

have a great day peeps!

It got out of hand when the thread was opened. Now there are a lot of road-to-Damascus comments because nations have defended themselves. This enlightened reflection needs to happen before finger meets keyboard. Not after people have been beaten up and bloodied.

As for Europeans, they don't start negative threads about each other's countries.

Now, why the obsession about race? Will you now withdraw your comments about AndrewZA's understanding of black unity if you discovered that AndrewZA was very white? Or is the idea that white people also understand black unity? Or is the idea simply that AndrewZA made sense - in which case "black unity" is totally irrelevant?

Logic is logic and it has nothing to do with race. Good governance is good governance and it has nothing to do with race. Hatred and murder is hatred and murder - and it has nothing to do with race. Corruption and selfish leadership is just that. It has nothing to do with race.

Which brings me to a more important point: Just because people are all black, doesn't mean that they do not oppress and steal from one another. People need to start looking at the way people act and forget about the colour of their skin. That way, the thieving governments of Africa will not thrive. There's no comfort in bad leadership from people who happen to look like you.

1 Like

Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
BCraig:

It got out of hand when the thread was opened. Now there are a lot of road-to-Damascus comments because nations have defended themselves. This enlightened reflection needs to happen before finger meets keyboard. Not after people have been beaten up and bloodied.

As for Europeans, they don't start negative threads about each other's countries.

Now, why the obsession about race? Will you now withdraw your comments about AndrewZA's understanding of black unity if you discovered that AndrewZA was very white? Or is the idea that white people also understand black unity? Or is the idea simply that AndrewZA made sense - in which case "black unity" is totally irrelevant?

Logic is logic and it has nothing to do with race. Good governance is good governance and it has nothing to do with race. Hatred and murder is hatred and murder - and it has nothing to do with race. Corruption and selfish leadership is just that. It has nothing to do with race.

Which brings me to a more important point: Just because people are all black, doesn't mean that they do not oppress and steal from one another. People need to start looking at the way people act and forget about the colour of their skin. That way, the thieving governments of Africa will not thrive. There's no comfort in bad leadership from people who happen to look like you.

Its ***OBVIOUS*** in Julius Malema voice

The audacity of "these" people living in a fabricated post racial world

Get outta here with that liberal hogwash!
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by BCraig: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
morpheus24:

Its ***OBVIOUS*** in Julius Malema voice

The audacity of "these" people living in a fabricated post racial world

Get outta here with that liberal hogwash!

Don't take it out on me just because South Africans rejected you and made you feel like a worthless piece of rubbish while you were there.

The thread alone shows why.

Take it up with your "brother leaders". Grow some balls and fix your dump.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by morpheus24: 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
BCraig:

Don't take it out on me just because South Africans rejected you and made you feel like a worthless piece of rubbish while you were there.

The thread alone shows why.

Take it up with your "brother leaders". Grow some balls and fix your dump.

After-effects of the self hate caused by a brutal regime that caused every black person in that space to feel like "a worthless piece of rubbish"

The new second class citizen to be viewed with suspicion is the "makwerekwere" migrant/immigrant/visitor.

What erks me though is the audacity of a priviledged benefactor of this brutal regime coming on nairaland to come educate us about what should or should not constitute the concept of "black unity".

PS, my balls will always be bigger than yours.....
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
BCraig:

Is this not CraigB the tough guy I know? You have suddenly turned into a cool and reasonable person. For all I can see there is a changed person from the one I used to know. I am very glad to be seeing such a small piece of writing with senses coming from you detailing the reason why most Africans cannot make head of their development and unity for the reason of inputting racism in almost all affairs.

Wow! I am dumbfounded! And, there is nothing more I can say than thank you for taking the path of change.

Mandela will be happy to see this change in you! grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by BCraig: 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
morpheus24:

After-effects of the self hate caused by a brutal regime that caused every black person in that space to feel like "a worthless piece of rubbish"

The new second class citizen to be viewed with suspicion is the "makwerekwere" migrant/immigrant/visitor.

What erks me though is the audacity of a priviledged benefactor of this brutal regime coming on nairaland to come educate us about what should or should not constitute the concept of "black unity".

PS, my balls will always be bigger than yours.....

What should erk you is the audacity of the privileged 10% of Naai-geria who control and steal from the 90% cry

Your balls may be bigger, but your brain clearly isn't.
Re: Madiba's Burial: Isn't South Africa Most Ungrateful To Nigeria? by BCraig: 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
all4naija:

Is this not CraigB the tough guy I know? You have suddenly turned into a cool and reasonable person. For all I can see there is a changed person from the one I used to know. I am very glad to be seeing such a small piece of writing with senses coming from you detailing the reason why most Africans cannot make head of their development and unity for the reason of inputting racism in almost all affairs.

Wow! I am dumbfounded! And, there is nothing more I can say than thank you for taking the path of change.

Mandela will be happy to see this change in you! grin grin grin grin angry angry angry

You fink? Just start with your legendary posts and see what will happen. Zulu master.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Donald Trump: "The Lie Of The Year Is That Joe Biden Won!" / Three Sons Of Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh Killed By IDF Strike(photos) / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.