Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (503050 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 3:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Sunnycent: American University of Beirut is for Lebanese, not africans to study health related courses. Beirut itself is a place in Lebanon

sad dat brings it down to 4. N it better nt be for Indians. cheesy
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Handcuff: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Pls I'd love to ask ... Is there anyone here selected for Ashesi
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Handcuff: Pls I'd love to ask ... Is there anyone here selected for Ashesi

I had a friend who was... hadn't spoken with him lately sha!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
WhyNa:

sad dat brings it down to 4. N it better nt be for Indians. cheesy

To 3 actually, Berkely demands SAT and TOEFl, both are compulsory!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
Need to see how I'm dancing, just finished one essay topic for ASU, lol remaining four topics, was really hard cheesy
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
chrisviral: Need to see how I'm dancing, just finished one essay topic for ASU, lol remaining four topics, was really hard cheesy
lolz... You also going for ASU? Then, TOEFL is knocking at your door man...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
chrisviral:

To 3 actually, Berkely demands SAT and TOEFl, both are compulsory!
I saw this, earlier this month on berkeley's admission's website: TOEFL is recommended but not required. SAT 1 is mandatory! SAT 2, required for engineering related courses!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
WhyNa:

No its UoT, McGill, Berkeley, Beirut, n West Virginia for me

Why you no apply to MSU?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sunnycent: I saw this, earlier this month on berkeley's admission's website: TOEFL is recommended but not required. SAT 1 is mandatory! SAT 2, required for engineering related courses!

Your talking of Duke University Not UC Berkely! Go and re-check again!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sunnycent: lolz... You also going for ASU? Then, TOEFL is knocking at your door man...

I know bro... it's you i'm waiting for grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
Like seriously, I feel like cryn. I tot schools in US now accept IELTS and I can use that in place of any oda test?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
WhyNa: Like seriously, I feel like cryn. I tot schools in US now accept IELTS and I can use that in place of any oda test?
lolz. Now you're talking sire. MSU can accept your IELTS. Same as ASU! Berkeley.., i think its TOEFL tinz o. But you can try out ASU and MSU with IELTS. Goodluck sire!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
chrisviral:

I know bro... it's you i'm waiting for grin
ok sire! #LITTLEpatience
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
chrisviral:

Your talking of Duke University Not UC Berkely! Go and re-check again!

Intladmit Departmental
Show details
Dear xxxxxxxx
The exam is compulsory unless all years of
secondary school were taught in English for
all subjects, you speak English 100% of your
day, and your SAT Critical Reading score is
above 580.
All the best,
Lin

To: xxxxxxxx@outlook.com
Your very welcome,
Wishing you all the best!
UC Berkeley
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 12:30am On Aug 24, 2014
Sunnycent: lolz. Now you're talking sire. MSU can accept your IELTS. Same as ASU! Berkeley.., i think its TOEFL tinz o. But you can try out ASU and MSU with IELTS. Goodluck sire!

Actually, I went bk to the drawing board. So now, im applyn to MSU, Duke, Stanford, Rochester, Westminister, UBC....ALONG WITH THE ODA 3. Any objections? grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by frankmoney(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2014
oya which of s school DT doesn't requ TOEFL
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

Intladmit Departmental
Show details
Dear xxxxxxxx
The exam is compulsory unless all years of
secondary school were taught in English for
all subjects, you speak English 100% of your
day, and your SAT Critical Reading score is
above 580.
All the best,
Lin

To: xxxxxxxx@outlook.com
Your very welcome,
Wishing you all the best!
UC Berkeley

You applying to berkeley too? That's cool.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 8:24am On Aug 24, 2014
frankmoney: oya which of s school DT doesn't requ TOEFL

The idea that SAT can be replaced with IELTs or Toefl is really funny to me, I mean, the two test are not for the same purpose.

I know it's SAT or ACT!
IELTs or Toefl, make una no confuse unaself o.

Just saying.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

You applying to berkeley too? That's cool.

No............ with this info, do you plan to apply then?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

The idea that SAT can be replaced with IELTs or Toefl is really funny to me, I mean, the two test are not for the same purpose.

I know it's SAT or ACT!
IELTs or Toefl, make una no confuse unaself o.

Just saying.

Standardized Test are aptitudinal in nature, meaning that they do not test intelligence.................. therefore, SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS which are all administered by ETS can be interchangeable or waived for another
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

Standardized Test are aptitudinal in nature, meaning that they do not test intelligence.................. therefore, SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS which are all administered by ETS can be interchangeable or waived for another

I do not agree with the above conclusion.
If all the tests can be interchangeable for another, then why do some schools asked two of the test? Doesn't make sense to me.
SAT or ACT sure test your aptitudinal intelligence but the two tests are actually used for a different purpose to Ielts/ toefl. The latter is a language proficiency test, and the former is apttitudinal, how can both be interchangeable?

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

No............ with this info, do you plan to apply then?

Can't say for now! But let's see how things goes!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 10:56am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

I do not agree with the above conclusion.
If all the tests can be interchangeable for another, then why do some schools asked two of the test? Doesn't make sense to me.
SAT or ACT sure test your aptitudinal intelligence but the two tests are actually used for a different purpose to Ielts/ toefl. The latter is a language proficiency test, and the former is apttitudinal, how can both be interchangeable?

The SAT Is used mainly as admission selection parameter, or class placement, and nothing more..................... google my statement if in doubt
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

The SAT Is used mainly as admission selection parameter, or class placement, and nothing more..................... google my statement if in doubt

I'm not I doubt, Infact you helped pass my point across, SAT is for admission and class placement and IELTs is for Language proficiency.
Two different purpose
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 11:43am On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

I'm not I doubt, Infact you helped pass my point across, SAT is for admission and class placement and IELTs is for Language proficiency.
Two different purpose

And you're butressing my point further, since neither of them are intelligence/knowledge based test, they can either be waived or just one be used
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Please guys, des are the schools im applyn to.....

University of Rochester
Duke University
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
West Virginia University
McGill
Michigan State
West Mininster
Stanford.

do you think I'l encounter any challenges like the SAT cos Im nt ready to write it having written IELTS.

Btw, i'ld start applyn for MSU tomorrow. uBC said i have to complete my registration in 28days or it will be deleted Does it mean they dont require essays?

Cc Chrisviral, sunnycent, graviton and odabosses in the house
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa: Please guys, des are the schools im applyn to.....

University of Rochester
Duke University
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
West Virginia University
McGill
Michigan State
West Mininster
Stanford.

do you think I'l encounter any challenges like the SAT cos Im nt ready to write it having written IELTS.

Btw, i'ld start applyn for MSU tomorrow. uBC said i have to complete my registration in 28days or it will be deleted Does it mean they dont require essays?

Cc Chrisviral, sunnycent, graviton and odabosses in the house

Stanford requires SAT and Duke requires two types of SAT, apart from this two, I think you are good to go for others!

I don't know about the UBC issue, I didn't apply to them!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

And you're butressing my point further, since neither of them are intelligence/knowledge based test, they can either be waived or just one be used

K!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Stanford requires SAT and Duke requires two types of SAT, apart from this two, I think you are good to go for others!

I don't know about the UBC issue, I didn't apply to them!

Aii dts gud. Sounds cool. Anyoda school dt has started receivn apps besides MSU?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
By d way, what schools r u applyn to? I know u'r going for an engineern course
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa:

Aii dts gud. Sounds cool. Anyoda school dt has started receivn apps besides MSU?

ASU.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa: By d way, what schools r u applyn to? I know u'r going for an engineern course

It's not certain the schools im applying to yet, as you know I already have the scholarship, I just have issues with immigration, but my september, I will know what's up!

But im looking at Stanford. ASU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (262) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.