Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (489215 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

It's not certain the schools im applying to yet, as you know I already have the scholarship, I just have issues with immigration, but my september, I will know what's up!

But im looking at Stanford. ASU.

Cool...Stanford. You wrote SAT?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa:

Cool...Stanford. You wrote SAT?

I don't have SAT but I will register for it, if all goes well!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

I don't have SAT but I will register for it, if all goes well!

Dats really considerate of them. Do other skuls also do dt? Allowing u to write after uv gotten admission
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa:

Dats really considerate of them. Do other skuls also do dt? Allowing u to write after uv gotten admission

That is not what I mean bro, I was talking about my own personal plans, if all goes well I will write SAT and apply.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantum physics, have you tried studying about the QUANTUM THEORY OF 'DARK'?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:
That is not what I mean bro, I was talking about my own personal plans, if all goes well I will write SAT and apply.
Are you also taking the TOEFL?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Einsthawkton: quantum physics, have you tried studying about the QUANTUM THEORY OF 'DARK'?
Begin your explanation with dimumitive and picayune minutae of the eistein-swarzchild equations
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics: Begin your explanation with dimumitive and picayune minutae of the eistein-swarzchild equations
haba!! I've not seen something like that in my new school physics
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
Einsthawkton:
haba!! I've not seen something like that in my new school physics
oh............
Are you planning to take any standardized tests
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:
oh............
Are you planning to take any standardized tests
well,I guess they won't ask that kind of question.. abi na lie??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
Einsthawkton:
well,I guess they won't ask that kind of question.. abi na lie??
No they won't
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantum physics... I think you're interesting.... well keep it up bro

and you shouldn't think I just left secondary school....business don chop my brain...and I'm planning to rejuvenate

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by quantumphysics(m): 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
Einsthawkton: quantum physics... I think you're interesting.... well keep it up bro

and you shouldn't think I just left secondary school....business don chop my brain...and I'm planning to rejuvenate
Good luck on that
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Einsthawkton:
Are you also taking the TOEFL?

Hope you know who I am?
It's me Nazzy, your bros pal. And don't forget what I asked you to do tomorrow before coming to O town!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Oh my bad
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
quantumphysics:

Standardized Test are aptitudinal in nature, meaning that they do not test intelligence.................. therefore, SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS which are all administered by ETS can be interchangeable or waived for another

TOEFL and IELTS are English proficiency tests. SAT and ACT are different as they are considered entry exams — Don't confuse yourself, bro

See here — https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090927144450AAjEC9a

Here's an excerpt for you:

The ACT is a college readiness assessment, similar to how colleges view the SAT. TOEFL, on the other hand, is used for students outside of the United States that need to demonstrate their ability in English.

Ask yourself why Maths and Logical reasoning is included in SAT/ACT but not in TOEFL/IELTS. If you need more clarification, Google is your friend.

Cheers.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
WhyNa: Please guys, des are the schools im applyn to.....

University of Rochester
Duke University
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
West Virginia University
McGill
Michigan State
West Mininster
Stanford.

do you think I'l encounter any challenges like the SAT cos Im nt ready to write it having written IELTS.

Btw, i'ld start applyn for MSU tomorrow. uBC said i have to complete my registration in 28days or it will be deleted Does it mean they dont require essays?

Cc Chrisviral, sunnycent, graviton and odabosses in the house

Yes, boss!

Like Chrisviral stated, Stanford and Duke demand that you take your SAT and score pretty high. The other schools are cool.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
Is anybody applying to duke university for the MasterCard scholarship? if any, how do I start the application? Is there any university apart from ASU that has officially started its MasterCard scholarship. For Ucberkeley, I no even understand their way for one day....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gospel367: Is anybody applying to duke university for the MasterCard scholarship? if any, how do I start the application? Is there any university apart from ASU that has officially started its MasterCard scholarship. For Ucberkeley, I no even understand their way for one day....

For Duke you need both SAT1 and SAT 2 (subject test).
For UC berkeley, you need both SAT and toefl, I have been meaning to ask you, did you register for toefl or SAT? Coz I know you applied to ASU and ASU need one of those test, if not both.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Graviton2, how you dey?
Are you on whatsapp? How far with your application bro?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral: Graviton, how you dey?
Are you on whatsapp? How far with your application bro?

Brother, I just killed the third ASU essay yesterday! I kept stabbing (editing) it to make sure I killed it properly. grin

I no dey Whatsapp, owing to phone memory palava. I will try to download the app again this week.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gospel367: Is anybody applying to duke university for the MasterCard scholarship? if any, how do I start the application? Is there any university apart from ASU that has officially started its MasterCard scholarship. For Ucberkeley, I no even understand their way for one day....

You deserve a good handshake for that comment. Their own tire me too.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Graviton2:

Brother, I just killed the third ASU essay yesterday! I kept stabbing (editing) it to make sure I killed it properly. grin

I no dey Whatsapp, owing to phone memory palava. I will try to download the app again this week.

I for like read your essay o, I no copy, make I just read am grin lol
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
I have a suggestion to make...

Make we share this schools among ourselves! grin how una see am?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
We are entering into a new week, let me use this opportunity to affirm my believe and confidence in God's ability to see EVERYONE who works hard through this. Positive results shall be ours.

As we move into this week, may God provide us with the energy, zeal, motivation and drive to enable us continue on our journey towards accomplishment of this goal. In Jesus name.

Cheers, Fam!
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

I for like read your essay o, I no copy, make I just read am grin lol

Hehehe! No prob, brother. I want read your own too oh!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
Graviton2:

Hehehe! No prob, brother. I want read your own too oh!

Ok, Email things!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Chris, I haven't registered for the SAT and TOEFL but I have hope of doing so before December although I never see money and don't forget that I applied to USAP. I believe in God that I will be accepted into the program, all I need from them is to fund my reg. fees for SAT and TOEFL.
By the way, what's the difference b/w Sat 1, Sat 2 and Sat subject tests?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gospel367: @Chris, I haven't registered for the SAT and TOEFL but I have hope of doing so before December although I never see money and don't forget that I applied to USAP. I believe in God that I will be accepted into the program, all I need from them is to fund my reg. fees for SAT and TOEFL.
By the way, what's the difference b/w Sat 1, Sat 2 and Sat subject tests?

SAT 1 is just an aptitudinal test, while Sat subject test, is where your intelligence is tested, you choose one subject you know well and register for it!
Well keep the hope alive, im sure you will register for both!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Is/have anybody applying/applied to Duke university and Stanford university for the MCF scholarship? What are the processes like? I have tried finding a link to their MCFS application page but to no avail.....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Gospel367: Is/have anybody applying/applied to Duke university and Stanford university for the MCF scholarship? What are the processes like? I have tried finding a link to their MCFS application page but to no avail.....

StanFord does not have an MCF application page, you just apply to them and they will automatically place you in MCF if you get in.

Duke has an MCF page, you can visit the page from mastercard website!
Why all man wan apply to stanford? Abeg make una leave am for me, abeg o!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Einsthawkton(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
chrisviral:

Hope you know who I am?
It's me Nazzy, your bros pal. And don't forget what I asked you to do tomorrow before coming to O town!

yes bro....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.