Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77238 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by tomande: 6:44am On Dec 18, 2013
The question we should be all asking ourselves is that is this letter real? Politicians are very creative. It seems someone was paid to write this letter so as 2 expose OBJ just the way he exposed GEJ. There might be some quote of truth in this letter but let's wait and see how events will unfold especially the reaction from the OBJ family before we all jump into conclusion.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Gbaskybabe(f): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2013
we are patiently watching!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2013
omo bi Iyabo ko si
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by sademola: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by PapaFejiro: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2013
Ebenezerk2: who has time to read all this?
you shld read it. It has lessons to learn. Apart from the failed state called Nigeria its teaches on to respect and love ones family. How abt the timely reminder of dont do to others what you will not tolerate.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2013
[b]E[/b]gladiators let's kill him @obj
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by cjrane: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2013
[size=14pt]A fearless daughter tired of seeing her father deceive and manipulate Nigerians for his personal aggrandizement. I am proud of her![/size]

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chadnezzar0worl(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2013
The letter has nothing to do with ebele, its a big indictment on the political ruling class, ND we the citizens who are never tired of eating poo! It reeks of years of neglect by obasanjo, basically towards his family ND his lack of care ND love towards his children! I must admit obj is one hell of a manipulator and a selfish one at that, who feels he is the father and savior of Nigeria. This invariably does not take away the sting from Jonas government,as there are lots of silent questions begging for answers,not by means of public letter, but by sincere and quality Governance which is lacking presently! Nigeria seems to be a jokeof self seeking individuals,with no interest of the governed! How pitiable? Once again hell hath no fury as a woman scorned, whether a daughter a lover a mistress or even a maid!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Kaydem(m): 6:51am On Dec 18, 2013
i will patiently wait for the Season 2 of this Epic movie starring FATHER & DAUGHTER!!!....
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by LEXYCOM: 6:51am On Dec 18, 2013
I beg, who go summarize dis yeye letter for me in one word?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by iGeneral: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2013
Anyone does have a very good plot of Land in first page avenue of this thread city? Pls am willing to buy. The building I want to erect is too beautiful to be of 6th page avenue. Pls pls pls. I will pay $50 Billion that NNPC did not remit to the treasury.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Gamji007: 6:54am On Dec 18, 2013
lastpage:

At the bolded:

Par-adventure you would have noticed, since 1978, after the first Shagari govt, everyone including myself has always 'cursed' the government of the day .........as the worst govt TO DATE!
Ironically, if you think the last govt was bad, the current one seems to turn the previous one into a beacon of good governance! angry angry

We said the 1979 NPN government was bad but when Buhari Idiagbon took over, Nigerians were praying that they die the next day. They killed and whipped and jailed anyone and everyone! shocked shocked

When he was eventually toppled, the following years of "dribble and Maradona" was so bad that people wished Idiagbon would come back from the grave! Maradona was so evil he should be credited with destroying the moral fiber of this country!
That gap-toothed "Evil genius" started a revolution of moral decay (operation SETTLEMENT) in this country.

But "Step aside" and what you get is the "Dark Goggled" master killer called Abacha! This one was nothing short of a mad man from Hell and Nigerians paid the price because he killed them unrelentlessly! Some wished "Maradona" would come back, at least he would let his filthy corrupt money go around. But abacha died phucking some Indian ashawo or eating their punanny! grin

We have not even buried the Goggled-one when we were saddled with another flat-headed donkey called Abdusallami! Well, having gone through Abacha, you would think we've reached rock bottom but Abdusallami simply but quietly, stole us dry. His one year in office did nothing except allocate all our Oil Blocks to himself and his cronies in the Army and up North. Then some people reminded me that Abacha did not steal so brazenly like this now? We all prayed he would just fall down and die like Abacha! and maybe Abacha can come back to rule us "better". Abacha suddenly seems a good President.

Well, enter Mr. "second-chance OBJ", a product of some divine intervention ........and you would expect that he will show gratitude to God for sparing his life but this egocentric baboon was all about fuel increases and personal aggrandisement!
He was a Kleptomaniac, a notorious womanizer and very very wicked + unforgiving! Now l was wondering, how did we end up with this retired general for God's sake. For eight years he stole every penny we could have used to build Power stations, sold Nigerian patrimony in form of Govt Companies to his cronies via an "El Rufai Privatisation Program"! (the same foolish El rufai tweeting about everything that could get him noticed!).
From Transcorp, to Obj's library, to our Steel Corporations and Refineries, OBJ sold everything at cheap value to himself and cronies and even stole the little proceeds of the sale! Now, which of the previous Govt we have been complaining about was that bad? Suddenly, flat head Abdusallami looked like an Angel and Evil genius looked like a blessing!

But faith is not done with us yet. We heaved a sigh of relief for having the first graduate President in form of Yar Ardua. That one was either too senile to know what was going on around him or his cronies, especially his wife Turai, have taken over the rulership of this country and the way they looted it with careless abandon, you would think looting was going to be abolished the next day! At that point Nigerians were thinking hey, we thought Obj was bad, now we got a worse one! Maybe we should have allowed this third term nonsense? A stealing president like OBJ would at least be better than a Zombie! shocked

When Yar Ardua died (and the day of his death and where he died still remains debatable, if not that some highly (dis)respected Clergy men saw him doing 90-Push-ups per minute and running faster than Hussein Bolt, l would have said he died long before it was announced ); we all thought at least OBJ was alive and stealing, this one was "dead and still stealing through his aides and wife grin )

Anyways, enter the "shoeless one" and we thought "Aaah, anyone who had suffered before will know how to treat poor people" but in all honesty, if you put that criminal called OBJ down on one side and the current thieving mo.r.on on the other side, 90% of Nigerians, (except people from Niger delta who think the only yardstick to chose a President is if he comes from the Creeks) will prefer OBJ! These Shoeless one was just too dumb to steal discretely like the Evil genius. he was too spineless to be brash and decisive like an OBJ. he was always too drunk, he appeared dead, even more than Yar Ardua! Like a creek snake, he is very dangerous and deceitful. He is just too overwhelmed with "doing nothing" and yet he wants to rule us forever!
I dont mind a performing President ruling some full term but pleeeaasssse, this one is a joke, a bad "fresh" joke!

That is how bad, successive governments have been in Nigeria!
The worst one is ALWAYS better than the current one! Its not amnesia, REALITY!

I bet you, the next one after the daft one will be worse than OBJ, BAbangida, Abacha and Jonathan rolled into one. grin

But l agree with you. The problem is not the crazy Presidents we have been having, the Problem lies with we Nigerians because we are actually not fit for this country. We will end up like Yemen or Somalia very soon, the way we are going.

***Singing Nigeria jaga-jaga, ...Nigeria scatter-scatter.... Gbosaa-Gbosaa*******
..........ducks to avoid an Obasanjo E-slap.......

Lastpage!

O boy, c as u wash our leaders! cheesy
Is this an open letter to present and past Nigerian presidents?grin

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 6:54am On Dec 18, 2013
cjrane: [size=14pt]A fearless daughter tired of seeing her father deceive and manipulate Nigerians for his personal aggrandizement. I am proud of her![/size]

But some doubting thomases think this is the hand work of Okupe grin grin grin

When it comes to GEJ haters the phrase; The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend aptly describes them.

Now they have made an unusual staunch but reserved support for OBJ on this matter. OBJ that ruled and chaired their dreaded and despised PDP for 8 yrs!

This goes to show that the APC etouts are just walking tribal zombies who hate Jonathan purely on his tribe and nothing else.

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by GENTLETEE(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2013
A season of open letters! I hope they turn out a blessing to Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Theben(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2013
fury: Can someone tell me how a sane country will continue voting for and supporting the same set of crooks who have been in power for decades with no significant improvement?

I think we deserve what we get! Our problem is neither OBJ nor GEJ nor BUHARI but the same set of gullible people who keeps on supporting them.

Are they the only set of people who can rule Nigeria?

Let us continue recycling garbage and keep on hoping for a better nigeria.
Unfortunately, the masses voted for their respective candidates but the eventual winners rendered the public votes void by rigging their ways into power.

Take a good look at the states where it was very obvious the votes of the masses counted and observe the developmental stride in those states. Edo State, Ogun state and Ondo state have achieved what their corrupt predecessors could only dream of in their 8 years of power.

Until we find solution to election malpractice, Nigeria will have to continue making do with the thieves the PDP impose on us.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Ikengawo: 6:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Bishop Magic:

But some doubting thomases think this is the hand work of Okupe grin grin grin

When it comes to GEJ haters the phrase; The Enemy of Enemy is my friend aptly describes them.

Now they have made an unusual staunch but reserved support for OBJ on this matter. OBJ that ruled and chaired their dreaded and despised PDP for 8 yrs!

This goes to show that the APC etouts are just walking tribal zombies who hate Jonathan purely on his tribe and nothing else.

God is pealing the wool out of Nigerian's sights and revealing the truth

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by sambama: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Hehehe... Time for OBJ to hide in his animal farm. I'm loving GEJ the more. It's obvious that OBJ's letter isn't written out of love for Nigeria but to sell a cheap point for the opposition (APC). Let's not forget how OBJ tried installing El Rufai, Buhari and Okonjo-Iweala, till he saw that he couldn't match GEJ's political might and made a hypocritical U-turn. We shouldn't also forget how Saint (yeye) Tinubu sold his party's 2011 presidential ticket and betrayed Buhari too after some tip from Aso Rock rightly ochestrated by the father of crooks (OBJ). Reading both letters and El-Rufai's accidential public servant shows how quickly Nigerians forget her real enemies.
On my part having been a victim of Buhari's Boko Haram supporters who were bitter that a Notherner lost the presidential elections, I'm advicing any intending Youth Corper (especially the southerners) to outrightly reject any attempt to be posted to any part of the North anytime around the election year. Those who are posted should refuse to participate in the elections. Let Buhari and his cohorts (terror trainees) do that, he can become the president of the North with El Rufai as his vice. Tinubu should take care of his Narcotic life and stop acting like one deluded legend, we all know he can betray APC agin when the time comes. For me, I hope to see GEJ there again, OBJ is the one training snippers and planning to overthrow the Govt, he should be given 20 years (he'll obviously be gone before its expiration) in prison. His letter isn't different from those used to overthrow Govts in the past by claiming gross corruption e.t.c, and hence gaining public sympathy before outsing them (Buhari is a trained orator in that game). Thank you Iyabo, I know you wrote this letter, just like I'm sure OBJ wrote the first letter to GEJ. The only thing I hate about GEJ is that he allows these cowards to sleep in luxury homes instead of Kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by wirinet(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Very incisive letter although I doubt it was written by Iyabo herself, because I know it is near impossible for a Yoruba daughter to use such abusive and disrespectful words on her father, even if he is a mad murderer.

For example:
We, your family, have borne the brunt of your direct cruelty and also suffered
the consequences of your stupidity
No Yoruba daughter or son would call his father stu.pid in public. I feel the letter was written on behalf of Iyabo by someone very close to her, maybe a family member or even Gbenga getting back at baba. Iyabo has no motif for writing an insultive letter to her father unprovoked at this time, given that she was one of his few children that is still on speaking terms with OBJ and she was the only child that benefited from OBJ.

Having said that, I believe everything the letter said. OBJ not does have any other interest than his selfish interest. He manipulates everybody including international organizations.

Meanwhile Jonathan is one of OBJ 's manipulations, he single handedly imposed Yaradua and Jonathan on Nigerians. Jonathan was never the candidate of the Ijaws not to talk of nigerdelta. he had no ambition of even becoming governor not to talk of becoming president. OBJ's main goal is to be able to manipulate the president from the background. He found in Yaradua medical weakness and found in Jonathan lack of ambition and character weakness. But he has since found out he was wrong, Jonathan is indeed very ambitious.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas: First off, this letter best be a fiction of Vanguard's imagination. If not... cry cry

But I'm not shocked anyways. I read 'Moji Obasanjo's Biography and most of what Iyabo is saying we're mentioned in there.

This is what I think, both Iyabo, Olusegun, Goodluck and Co cannot be absolved of any blame. This is the case of "Things Fall Apart, and the Center Cannot Hold". As the Yorubas will also say "Nkan to so won po, lo tu won ka"

All of them contributed in one way or the other to the situation Nigeria has found herself as a nation in present day. This is a classic case of mudslinging. Washing your dirty linens in public. Fighting like a pair of mad cows. Its a pity.

For Obasanjo to have written such a letter to Jonathan, I'm really sure it's not out of patriotism by the way things are presently but a deal gone sour somewhere along the line. Didn't he campaign for the guy too? Didn't he want to turn into a democratic dictator when he was also president (with the third term palaver?) Abegi, Baba, look bush. We have had enough of you. Mr. Jonathan, as for you...your day of reckoning is coming. You and your cohorts and sycophants should gear up and run Nigeria to the ground. Everyone of you will be in history

Iyabo, Ori e o pe rara undecided Did you win the elections that got you into the upper legislative house on your own steam or Daddy dearest? Would you lie that no extra kobo apart from your salary entered your deep pockets? Its not as if you are a saint yourself. Or you think people have forgotten the Adeife and Akinola Sodipo-Akindeko issue. What I read of that incident wasn't what you was quoted up there. Ibi ti eyan o si, Olorun wa nibe. You've just behaved like a classic Omo Ale.

All of you are criminals! All of you. angry angry Bunch of clowns. E kosi kuro jare
u just made my day with this piece so on point.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Akshow: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2013
badmrkt: OBJ from hero(to yorubas) to villain!...
u must be high on cheap crack if u believe or think obj is seen and respected as a hero by the yorubas. His biggest critics were yorubas and we all know how he loss gallantly in d southwest so don't even go there. Back to d matter, I thank Iyabo for exposing Obj and telling us what we already know abt his narcissistic ego.

All the same, a bad non working clock is still right atleast twice a day. Obj made some interesting allegations against Gej and we need answers. We are ready to forget the msg bearer for now cos dis is the beginning of the end for him but make oga jona come explain himself.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by shark2last(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2013
Omo ale jatijati ni Iyabo yi sha! why must you confront your father like this washing his dirty linen outside, and trying to play the good girl. May you suffer same disgrace from your child too. BTW, am not an OBJ apologist but why must Iyabo write such at this time.

Now every fool can join issues with Baba to run him down. And why are people not concerned with the content of OBJ letter?

smh for Nigeria
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Chubhie: 7:00am On Dec 18, 2013
In the words of Gandolf. “My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over”
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 18, 2013
The most honest and no-holds-barred letter I've ever read from a child to a parent!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by kennypoka2(m): 7:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Nas: First off, this letter best be a fiction of Vanguard's imagination. If not... cry cry

But I'm not shocked anyways. I read 'Moji Obasanjo's Biography and most of what Iyabo is saying we're mentioned in there.

This is what I think, both Iyabo, Olusegun, Goodluck and Co cannot be absolved of any blame. This is the case of "Things Fall Apart, and the Center Cannot Hold". As the Yorubas will also say "Nkan to so won po, lo tu won ka"

All of them contributed in one way or the other to the situation Nigeria has found herself as a nation in present day. This is a classic case of mudslinging. Washing your dirty linens in public. Fighting like a pair of mad cows. Its a pity.

For Obasanjo to have written such a letter to Jonathan, I'm really sure it's not out of patriotism by the way things are presently but a deal gone sour somewhere along the line. Didn't he campaign for the guy too? Didn't he want to turn into a democratic dictator when he was also president (with the third term palaver?) Abegi, Baba, look bush. We have had enough of you. Mr. Jonathan, as for you...your day of reckoning is coming. You and your cohorts and sycophants should gear up and run Nigeria to the ground. Everyone of you will be in history

Iyabo, Ori e o pe rara undecided Did you win the elections that got you into the upper legislative house on your own steam or Daddy dearest? Would you lie that no extra kobo apart from your salary entered your deep pockets? Its not as if you are a saint yourself. Or you think people have forgotten the Adeife and Akinola Sodipo-Akindeko issue. What I read of that incident wasn't what you was quoted up there. Ibi ti eyan o si, Olorun wa nibe. You've just behaved like a classic Omo Ale.

All of you are criminals! All of you. angry angry Bunch of clowns. E kosi kuro jare
waow u spoke ma mind.. c d gal that is talking during her time as d minister for health, we did not hear Nada abt wat she did.. all of u are thieves and keep bringing out your secrets one by one.. Nigeria shall b great..

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2013
shark2last: Omo ale jatijati ni Iyabo yi sha! why must you confront your father like this washing his dirty linen outside, and trying to play the good girl. May you suffer same disgrace from your child too. BTW, am not an OBJ apologist but why must Iyabo write such at this time.

Now every fool can join issues with Baba to run him down. And why are people not concerned with the content of OBJ letter?

smh for Nigeria

sorry oh but no be her fault nah that thing wey oyinbo dey call Nemesis

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I think GEJ has secretly appointed a minister for propaganda or how would you explain the sudden appearance of a purportedly written letter by iyabo obasanjo to her father.
The shame in such propaganda is that like all that surrounds the president, this as also failed and they have shown their incompetence again.
Tell GEJ the carpet is full, there is no place to sweep this again. He should address this. He just cant wish it away.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by biomedixexcel(m): 7:05am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo, omo ale jati jati
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by lebienconnu: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2013
LEXYCOM: I beg, who go summarize dis yeye letter for me in one word?
fake

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 18, 2013
For all those calling the serving president a looter, can you state your facts in black and white just like in the case of other past presidents or do you just want to talk because others are talking?
We Nigerians are our biggest problems because we lack the ability to see and judge issues logically without sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by omenka(m): 7:07am On Dec 18, 2013
With no intent to derail the thread, henceforth, may the wrath of God almighty descend on whoever say Yorubas are ethnic bigots!! This is as bad as it can ever get!! A daughter just disowned her father in public glare!!

A lot of good to be extracted from this letter. A lot of lessons to be learned.

But Iyabo can't say she's never dipped her hand in the cookie jar. That we all know would be a big lie.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by blakky97(m): 7:07am On Dec 18, 2013
YOu Right!

OBJective Is crazy!

But you know what else?

ł ÐØŃŦ GłVE λ ₣¢UƦҞ
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 18, 2013
The content of this letter may be true but I doubt Iyabo wrote it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.