Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo (51887 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo And Others Charged Over Embezzlement / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by jamael(m): 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
obayaya:

the same Yoruba youths that striped a Chief naked..

tell me something else
Probably she is a Yoruba BASTARD
blablabla yorublablabla my ASssssssss

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by abedoyin: 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
I see this letter as a distraction,The presidency as purportedly, released this letter in order to prevent the populace to keep on pressing for the reply to OBJ,GEJ should pls,reply OBJ letter,so that we the masses can believe that we are on safe hand.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by PointB: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
@Topic
Of course she didn't cos she a fake Iyabo!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kairoseki77: 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

Are you a member of APC?

Nope. I support the old ACN. I don't know who I support now. Will have to wait and see who each party runs in 2015.

The main thing I support is that we finally have a two party democracy. It is a necessary step in the evolution of our nation.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by jamael(m): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull: Nigerians should pay little attention to whether Iyobo Obasanjo wrote the alleged letter or not. They should focus on the message of the letter. Everything said in the letter or even did not say is unquestionably true.

The same folks that informed us to focus and deliberate on the contents of alleged OBJ’s letter to GEJ instead of the messenger are now telling us to forget the alleged letter from Iyob to her father. Certain section of Nigeria is known for double-talk and the presence of letters allegedly from the Obasanjos has reconfirmed a strait we already know about the people.
God bless you my brother
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Sloan: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dewze: An educated and exposed person such as Iyabo would have sent a letter of rebutal to Vanguard first and then would have gone to a 'tv' station to air the truth.

Come on guys, why would she choose a radio station to rebute such a grave claim? If truly she did not write that letter, I believe OBJ by now would have taken her by the hand to a tv station to say so.

Just my thots though. Cause this politicians are equaly magicians.

Is your brain on vacation or completely missing? How can you expect someone doing her job and living her life in Massachusetts to at the same time be in the TV or Radio stations to rebut anything? Or you think she's jobless like you or the company she works for has been waiting for today to allow her to disappear to Nigeria within 6 hours because Guardian published a letter in her name?

Nigerians are becoming more stup.id or being blinded more and more by tribalism. I am not satisfied by the way OBJ ran his government and could have done more, and better at least in his succession plan. So, I am not an OBJ supporter, yet I am a Yoruba man! However, OBJ raised the same issues a lot of Nigerians have been crying about the only difference is these so called Nigerians have no voice and not even an ant would have paid attention to the letter if it was written exactly by them. That said, Iyabo's letter was a scanned copy of a photocopy, look at the darkened areas at the top left where the staple prevented a proper scan. It was not a PDF, it might have been converted afterwards. However, the onus of ensuring it was not a forgery was the responsibility of Guardian and her signature would be a good evidence in order for them to escape culpability but the letter is not even signed! What Iyabo should do is to institute legal action immediately on Guardian newspapers and make them prove that she wrote or sent them the letter. If an impostor got the better of Guardian, it is none of her business or problems: they must pay whatever penalty that arises out of this situation they created.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by cocoduck: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
v
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by cocoduck: 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo wrote that letter. she did write that letter. even if she later denies writing the letter you should understand that the letter is too articulate too be fudged by an outsider. And for those who say yoruba people do not insult their parents, I've seen countless yorubas insulting their parents. You cannot tell me Iyabo is more yoruba than they are. BTW obasanjo is the man that benefited highest from this one Nigeria project. Now he thinks that anyone will allow him to impose that humongous crook of a lamido on us, God forbid that will never happen, if he thinks that Nigeria belongs to him, then he is on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Nope. I support the old ACN. I don't know who I support now. Will have to wait and see who each party runs in 2015.

The main thing I support is that we finally have a two party democracy. It is a necessary step in the evolution of our nation.
the APC is presenting Atiku Abubakar while PDP is presenting Gej... Make your choice
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by true2god: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
obayaya:

the same Yoruba youths that striped a Chief naked..

tell me something else
No na yoruba pple get respect pass that is why Gbenga obasanjo publicly accused his father of sleeping with his wife, that is why soyinka was pubicly insulting a sitting head of state while his townsmen were hailing him for a job well done, that is why they strip their chief naked on broad day light.

Yes, na Yoruba get respect pass.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Sir will it not be prudent on your part to desist from telling us that no APC member will support the authenticity of the alleged letter from Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello to Olusegun Obasanjo?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull: Nigeria is filled to brink with bunch of fools. The cross section that now believed Iyabo Obasanjo did write the alleged letter to her father had already believed that OBJ wrote the alleged letter to GEJ when OBJ has not said a word about the letter. Yet rumor had it that OBJ had a get together with GEJ in Kenya few days after the existence of OBJ’s letter was made public.

It is apparently silly to believe the validity of one letter and disregard another. Nigeria is practical joke.
As each day dawns, you get more senile.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by emmasege: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
U dey mind them, aunti Iyabo? Instead of GEJ to clear his mess, he's busy using cheap blackmails as if anyone cares about an ex-president's private life. He directly and indirectly determines the economic fortunes of the nation and even individuals at the moment and that's why he should address the issues raised rather than talking about a man of yesterday.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by sucess001(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
i think someone will write an 'Open Letter' to Vanguard soon...

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

Is your brain on vacation or completely missing? How can you expect someone doing her job and living her life in Massachusetts to at the same time be in the TV or Radio stations to rebut anything? Or you think she's jobless like you or the company she works for has been waiting for today to allow her to disappear to Nigeria within 6 hours because Guardian published a letter in her name?

Nigerians are becoming more stup.id or being blinded more and more by tribalism. I am not satisfied by the way OBJ ran his government and could have done more, and better at least in his succession plan. So, I am not an OBJ supporter, yet I am a Yoruba man! However, OBJ raised the same issues a lot of Nigerians have been crying about the only difference is these so called Nigerians have no voice and not even an ant would have paid attention to the letter if it was written exactly by them. That said, Iyabo's letter was a scanned copy of a photocopy, look at the darkened areas at the top left where the staple prevented a proper scan. It was not a PDF, it might have been converted afterwards. However, the onus of ensuring it was not a forgery was the responsibility of Guardian and her signature would be a good evidence in order for them to escape culpability but the letter is not even signed! What Iyabo should do is to institute legal action immediately on Guardian newspapers and make them prove that she wrote or sent them the letter. If an impostor got the better of Guardian, it is none of her business or problems: they must pay whatever penalty that arises out of this situation they created.

Slow,

It is nice to see you have woken up from your usual deep slumber.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by true2god: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull: Nigerians should pay little attention to whether Iyobo Obasanjo wrote the alleged letter or not. They should focus on the message of the letter. Everything said in the letter or even did not say is unquestionably true.

The same folks that informed us to focus and deliberate on the contents of alleged OBJ’s letter to GEJ instead of the messenger are now telling us to forget the alleged letter from Iyob to her father. Certain section of Nigeria is known for double-talk and the presence of letters allegedly from the Obasanjos has reconfirmed a strait we already know about the people.
That is the irony, the e-APCs asked us not to attack obasanjo but that GEJ should answer the 'query' obasanjo gave him. And now they are asking us to ignore iyabo's letter.

So funny.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Sloan: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
cocoduck: Iyabo wrote that letter. she did write that letter. even if she later denies writing the letter you should understand that the letter is too articulate too be fudged by an outsider. And for those who say yoruba people do not insult their parents, I've seen countless yorubas insulting their parents. You cannot tell me Iyabo is more yoruba than they are. BTW obasanjo is the man that benefited highest from this one Nigeria project. Now he thinks that anyone will allow him to impose that humongous crook of a lamido on us, God forbid that will never happen, if he thinks that Nigeria belongs to him, then he is on a long thing.

Maybe she did, maybe she did not, the next few days or weeks will give Nigerians more information. If Iyabo did not write the letter, she is well within limits to commence legal action which she will win in so much as the Vanguard cannot provide any verifiable evidence that she wrote the letter. I would think her handwritten signature forensically verified would be a good start. Did they take a picture of her in their studios? Did she email it because she is not in Nigeria? If yes, the original path of the email can be traced from the MX records. If she couriered it, the courier company would be made to show where she mailed it, have a video recording of her coming into their offices since most offices here generally have some form of CCTV cameras. If Guardian cannot prove it, they are on the hook to retract the letter and pay damages which should to N 999 Billion!
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Kabikala(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
babytoun: When I read the letter , my first reaction was it is rare to find a Yoruba Woman address her father this way. Really really difficult no matter the circumstance.

But on a second thought the details in the letter are too deep for an impostor to capture in that manner. From OBj's 3rd term, to Yaradua's rumoured death in 2007.

Somehow I am thinking she wrote it in haste and some elders have talked "sense" into her hence the rebuttal.

@babytoun:

You got it right. She caved in to pressure and the poorly written rebuttal was drafted for her by those who pressured her. This is a feeble attempt at damage control. Remember Gbenga also denied misjiving to Sowore way back, but we now know better.

The specifics in her letter could not have been known to anyone not that close to OBJ. Examples:

- Her experience at Eagles' Square on OBJ's inauguration on May 29, 1999.

- The assasination attempt on her and the fact that the police orderly killed in that incident was provided to her by the then Women Affairs Minister

- Her experience at the campaign rally when Yar'Adua was rumoured to be dead.

- Her recent encounter with Osoba in the US.

One thing I know for sure is that she will not be suing Vanguard and she will hope the whole episode will just pass away. But to those with discerning minds, be sure that Iyabo Obasanjo wrote that letter.

QED.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Sloan: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

Slow,

It is nice to see you have woken up from your usual deep slumber.

Senile old dede1 is out of job and hanging on for dear life, now all you do is troll any posts of the people who put your biafra dream baby into the hole, blew it up and buried it! LMAO! grin grin grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
As each day dawns, you get more senile.

jason123,

You could have done better with the above crap, olodo.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DerideGull(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

Senile old dede1 is out of job and hanging on for dear life, now all you do is troll any posts of the people who put your biafra dream baby into the hole, blew it up and buried it! LMAO! grin grin grin

Slow,

Are you also apathetic to wordily compliments? grin grin grin
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Virgin Finder: I think Nigerians are more concerned with the content of the letter and not who wrote it.

Not all that glitters is gold.

That statement has been affirmed once again.

Any lady still loves to marry a combat soldier?

Leave gallant soldiers out of this, wuss.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by magmax: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo denies

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by agbameta: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
Though the dumb story has nothing to do with the serious allegations against oponuchkwu and his worthless administration, but I almost fall for the trash.

They slipped whit the APC angle where OBJ advised his daughter to join APC.... They obviously dropped that red meat to color their rubbish with authenticity, but that angle alone betrayed the whole rubbish...

So I read the trash all over again for obvious deceptions and flaws and I found many including countless basic English and grammatical flaws.

Either GEJ's goons cooked this up with or without his knowledge doesn't even matter at this point, the Aso Rock dullard is toast...
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by kenraj(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Virgin Finder: I think Nigerians are more concerned with the content of the letter and not who wrote it.

Not all that glitters is gold.

That statement has been affirmed once again.

Any lady still loves to marry a combat soldier?

And what makes. You think there are no gentlemen military personnels?
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by karpentar: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
decrox199: "I Did Not Write Any Letter to My Father, IYABO OBASANJO Speaks Out! December18, 2013 IYABO OBASANJO (On Rainbow FM): > "I have never seen or heard this sort of fabrication in my entire life! I, IYABO OBASANJO never contemplate writing a letter to my Loving Father. I speak with him almost on daily bases. "Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo is the best father in the world. He gave birth to me, he raise me up and gave me the best of Education. I wouldn't have achieve whatever I did without my father. IN FACT, WHO AM I WOTHOUT MY FATHER? "As a father he never disappoint his children in any way, he is a father anybody wish to have. "If President Jonathan want to reply the letter my father wrote him, he should be man enough to reply direct. Why are they trying to make me a scape goat? I know my father very well and I don't question his judgement, I believe my father wrote his letter in the best intrest of the nation. If Mr. President disagree with some of the allegations in the latter, let him be man enough to talk directly to my father, he should stop involving me in an issue I know nothing about. "How can you write a letter to insult my father and claim I, the daughter is the source. If that is how Ijaw people insult their father, I am a Yoruba Woman, we respect our parent in all circumstances. "I IYABO OBASANJO did not write any letter. Nigerians should please take note. "The purported letter is a malicious lies intended to rubish the good name of my family, when I get to the source of the letter, I will waste no time to take the necessary legal actions. "I love my father and I never disrespect him."

It's a lie. The details in the letter can only be known by Obasanjo family members. So either Iyabo or another member of the OBJ family wrote the letter. Nothing to do with GEJ or his assistants.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Dewze(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

simmer down guy.

So in this age and time you still think that one has to travel hundreds of miles just to give an interview (be it audio or video) to a news media. U just may be living behind time bro.

You said the letter you saw was a photocopy. Well, yes it may have been cause I am aware that the Original publication was made by the Vanguard and not the Guardian, and so the original letter might just be with them.

I am the last person in the world that you can accuse of tribalism.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Dewze(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sloan:

simmer down guy.

So in this age and time you still think that one has to travel hundreds of miles just to give an interview (be it audio or video) to a news media. U just may be living behind time bro.

You said the letter you saw was a photocopy. Well, yes it may have been cause I am aware that the Original publication was made by the Vanguard and not the Guardian, and so the original letter might just be with them.

I am the last person in the world that you can accuse of tribalism.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by kingston247: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
seunmsg: Am not a fan of Obasanjo and his politics but my immediate reaction to the letter purportedly written by Iyabo to Obj was caution. Something keeps telling me Iyabo did not write that letter. No sane daughter will write such a letter to her father, especially one who is as popular and powerful as OBJ. No matter the disagreement, a YORUBA lady will never insult her father publicly like that.

If we look at the letter well, I think the presidency is behind it. How come no other media outlet except Vanguard published the letter? Infact, the style of that letter looks like something written by Abati. Iyabo should immediatelly institute a legal action against Vanguard newspaper.

So its only an Ijaw DAT can insult his/her parent.....I Don talk am.its long overdue we walk out of this Hausa and Yoruba fools.....
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by DonXavi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
George Onmonya Daniel posted this on his facebook page .....

Rainbow FM radio station has denied interviewing Iyabo. The radio station has debunked that information. They did not feature her today. CALL THE RADIO STATION ON TEL: 0809-941-9418 0808-033-2991 0806-291-4850 SMS PORTAL: 9401 FACEBOOOK: rainbow94.1fm TWITTER: rainbow941fm

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by Sagytarius(m): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
chi 3280: You still don't get, do you? We're talking of Iyabo Obasanjo here and not Mandela. Try to stick to the topic.
And you couldn't understand the point and correlation I am making? Focus bro, focus.
Re: I Did Not Write Any Letter To My Father-iyabo Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

jason123,

You could have done better with the above crap, olodo.
You're an old man that should be seen as such, not just because he says so, but because he behaves as such.
If not that you are being wicked to your children and grand children that will suffer from the corruption in Nigeria, are you not supposed to be more focused on the letter of Obasanjo to Jonathan which touches on national issues, than this purportedly written by Iyabo to Obasanjo that is more of a family issue?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / Tinubu Show Off His Dancing Skills After Inspecting APC Campaign Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.