Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: (1646 Views)

My boyfriend Says He Has "PLAN B" Is he cheating? / Please People In The House Advice Me No Insult Pls / Please People, What Can I Get My Wife For Our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by stayfree: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
My boyfriend and I have been together for the past 1 year. We love each other and we do fight and have our ups and down but we trust each other. Last week monday I was at work( I work at nights) and since I normally have lots of free time I called to chat. Half way through the convo he said he has to run and will call me as soon as he gets back. Well he never did and I didnt ask.

But it happened a couple of other times and now I am getting worried that he may be cheating. I knw my boyfriend when I ask him something and its not true he will scream. But I keep asking him why he keeps acting strange and he is very calm.

I need some honest opinions. Because if he is then I am gone. I dont have time for nonsense. Pls people what should I do??
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by rampant(f): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
not solid proof enough,u need good ,strong and solid proof
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by sistawoman: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
pop up at home one night unannouced during the time you are supposed to be at work.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
stay-free:

My boyfriend and I have been together for the past 1 year. We love each other and we do fight and have our ups and down but we trust each other. Last week monday I was at work( I work at nights) and since I normally have lots of free time I called to chat. Half way through the convo he said he has to run and will call me as soon as he gets back. Well he never did and I didnt ask.

But it happened a couple of other times and now I am getting worried that he may be cheating. I knw my boyfriend when I ask him something and its not true he will scream. But I keep asking him why he keeps acting strange and he is very calm.

I need some honest opinions. Because if he is then I am gone. I don't have time for nonsense. Please people what should I do??

I understand and empathise with you. However, this is a very complicated matter.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt. keep monitoring the situation. Ask him why he doesnt answer, or if he does he acts fishy.  Then listen to his explanation and if it makes no logical sense, then something is wrong.

Most men think they are smart. the truth is they "cannot cheat well", My mother always say 'if yo gut tell yo say summin wrong, most times summin wrong"

I just dont understand what some men want, But as I said, dont jump to any conclusion yet.  If he is cheating, trust me, the truth will expose him,
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Hannibal: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2008
stay-free:

I need some honest opinions. Because if he is then I am gone. I don't have time for nonsense. Please people what should I do??

DO NOTHING!!! cool
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by LadyT(f): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2008
Maybe he doesnt want to chat. Mine often complains I talk too much and will cut me off angry. Maybe thats what hes doing!
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by rampant(f): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2008
LadyT:

Maybe he doesnt want to chat.  Mine often complains I talk too much and will cut me off  angry.  Maybe thats what hes doing!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by LadyT(f): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2008
grin you are laughing abi.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
@Stay-Free,
Have you tried talking to him about it? I suggest you set aside a special weekend and you two should thrash it out. Let him know what has been bugging you, and if he is a real man he would listen and and communicate to you. Most men are NOT great communicators, instead they will throw all the blame on the females. But one thing I would advise you NOT to is, and that is jumping to conclusions. I have learnt that things arent always what they appear to be. Just take care of you first and let all other things fall in place. All the best dear!1
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by stayfree: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hannibal:

DO NOTHING!!! cool

You are a man so I expected nothing but this. What if you were my boyfriend and you were the one doing this, what would be your explanation? I know what I am saying, his behaviour has changed. He was never like this. I don't want to sound desperate. I can walk out of his life like right now. I am just hoping to see things through someone else's eyes for a change.

@Rampant,s
You have a point. But the sudden change in his attitude is bothersome, I wished my mom had not passed. She was the best advisor.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Sisikill: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hannibal:

DO NOTHING!!! cool

Lawd-a-mercy!!!

I agree with you? What. . .what the heck is going on here?

What did you give me to eat? Answer me!!!! cry

@ Topic
Honestly, I wouldn't do anything until I have a real reason to. You don't want to come off coo coo now do you and that's what will happen is you accuse without real evidence. If he is cheating on you, trust me, it won't be long before you have concrete evidence. See, guys are. . . to put it nicely, not that bright and not that bright guys who are cheating, well forgerit. . . Bulb ti o ti jo na, n ya ju ni wan. So sit back and relax, your time for action will come. cool
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by rampant(f): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2008
stay-free:

@Rampant,s
You have a point. But the sudden change in his attitude is bothersome,  I wished my mom had not passed. She was the best advisor.

eeyaaaaaa cry sad

tell me ,think about the way it was wen u guys started,do u get as much attention as u used to get before?
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by TheSly: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
stay-free:

You are a man so I expected nothing but this. What if you were my boyfriend and you were the one doing this, what would be your explanation? I know what I am saying, his behaviour has changed. He was never like this. I don't want to sound desperate. I can walk out of his life like right now. I am just hoping to see things through someone else's eyes for a change.

@Rampant,s
You have a point. But the sudden change in his attitude is bothersome, I wished my mom had not passed. She was the best advisor.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Wieeeeeeeee!
Just because of chat?. . . . . .What wont i see up in this place? cheesy
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Hannibal: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2008
stay-free:

Your safest option is to do nothing.
No trace, no evidence and u don't wanna cry WOLF when there's nuthing.
A hit n miss attempt now would weaken ur case the next time u suspect something.
Patience is a virtue. . . . . Be patient.
If he's really up to something, he would be caught. cheesy

Sisikill:

Lawd-a-mercy!!!

I agree with you? Whatwhat the heck is going on here?

What did you give me to eat? Answer me!!!! cry

U took 5 green apples and soda!!!
No more pieces of Sarc again until december. tongue
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sisikill:

@ Topic
Honestly, I wouldn't do anything until I have a real reason to. You don't want to come off coo coo now do you and that's what will happen is you accuse without real evidence. If he is cheating on you, trust me, it won't be long before you have concrete evidence. See, guys are. . .[b] to put it nicely, not that bright and not that bright guys who are ch[/b]eating, well forgerit. . . Bulb ti o ti jo na, n ya ju ni wan. So sit back and relax, your time for action will come. cool

Couldnt have agreed with you more dear.  The diference between us is that we think with our heads, while they do so with their 3rd arm.  I give people the benefit of the doubt all the time, if I have reasons to believe you are doing somthing fishy then, may God help you. I may be petite but I have my own way of getting revenge.

I think the poster should have a nice "sit-down" with her boyfriend and talk things out.  Lord help us women,
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2008
The Sly:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Wieeeeeeeee!
Just because of chat?. . . . . .What wont i see up in this place? cheesy

Sharrap jor, She said this thing has been going on. How would you explain your girlfriend telling you she has to run, or she has an emergency and never bother calling back to update you? Taking into consideration this has now become a habit? You need help jare tongue

Hannibal:

Your safest option is to do nothing.
No trace, no evidence and u don't want to cry WOLF when there's nuthing.
A hit n miss attempt now would weaken your case the next time u suspect something.
Patience is a virtue. . . . . Be patient.
If he's really up to something, he would be caught. cheesy

For sure, For sure, No doubt about it,
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Sisikill: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Couldnt have agreed with you more dear. The diference between us is that we think with our heads, while they do so with their 3rd arm. I give people the benefit of the doubt all the time, if I have reasons to believe you are doing somthing fishy then, may God help you. I may be petite but I have my own way of getting revenge.

I think the poster should have a nice "sit-down" with her boyfriend and talk things out. Lord help us women,

ROTFLMAO!

In the beginning, my friends used to think I'm a fool or something, I didn't even bother explaning. When they saw I was a "fool" and what the "fool" did. . . I went from from being called fool to being Psycho in 10 secs flat. LMAO.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by stayfree: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
rampant:

eeyaaaaaa cry sad

tell me ,think about the way it was when u guys started,do u get as much attention as u used to get before?

Well yes. As I said we have been going good together.  It's just the fact that he gives me silly excuses as to why he had to hang up or why he didnt call me back. Like last week sunday, he said he couldnt call back because he lost reception.  He lost reception from his room, the same room he calls me from everynight? C'mon, and even it he did, what happened to the next day?

I trust my boyfriend. I am beginning to feel as if I trusted him too much. But I am grateful for then many responses.

@chat2mebac your reply about men thinking with their 3rd arm had me laughing so loud my aunt came to my room to check if I am ok.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Hannibal: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

For sure, For sure, No doubt about it,

The OP is too anxious. . . . . .She needs to relax.
Men are poor at cheating. . . .We leave clues, traces and loads of footprints.
SMS, E-mails, Last dialled numbers and many more.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by rampant(f): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
@poster

at wat time do u call him?cos i think u is disturbing d guys sleep,dats y he keeps giving excuses
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by TheSly: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Sharrap jor, She said this thing has been going on. How would you explain your girlfriend telling you she has to run, or she has an emergency and never bother calling back to update you? Taking into consideration this has now become a habit? You need help jare tongue

Yeah Yeah Whurheva Whurheva!!! tongue

Before she breaks up. . . . . .At least she should get an incontrovertible evidence. . .
Not all these lame excuses jor! arkkkkk! cool
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
Sisikill:

ROTFLMAO!

In the beginning, my friends used to think I'm a fool or something, I didn't even bother explaning. When they saw I was a "fool" and what the "fool" did. . . I went from from being called fool to being Psycho in 10 secs flat. LMAO.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, Now that's what I am talking about now!, You have to bring on the surprize when they least expect it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy,  I remembered when I heard my ex was cheating with this girl on the Netball team.  I stayed 'cool and collective" All my girls were like 'you fool he is lying, he is this, he is that"  Well to cut a long story short, I confronted him and told him " honey I have been hearing rumours about you and so-and-so, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, However, if I am afforded 1 ounce of truth in what I am hearing, I promise you that you be on the sidelines for the next coming Inter-Secondary school football tournament"  He looked me in the eyes and told me I had nothing to worry about. Since that talk, my friends never came back with any more stories.  They asked what I did, I guessed it's safe to say he say my psycho side as well then grin grin grin

Hannibal:

The OP is too anxious. . . . . .She needs to relax.
Men are poor at cheating. . . .We leave clues, traces and loads of footprints.
SMS, E-mails, Last dialled numbers and many more.

I am relaxed now.LOL, I will be dusting them tiles like crazy for clues as of now tongue tongue grin

The Sly:

Yeah Yeah Whurheva Whurheva!!! tongue

Before she breaks up. . . . . .At least she should get an incontrovertible evidence. . .
Not all these lame excuses jor! arkkkkk! cool

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh but she did give her reasons now, tongue tongue tongue
The poster said her boyfriend has changed, Now what more do you want to hear? tongue
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
I
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
chaircover:

I don't think he is cheating, It could be that he was fed up of talking and wanted to go to (or get back to into bed) and didn't want to hurt your feelings wink

Yea you have a valid point dear. But I would rather my bf tells me the truth and let me go to bed panting knowing he only wanted to sleep, than making silly excuses that would left my imagination running wild, cheesy,

I don't know why, but I guess it all has to do with the fact that I am a very straight forward person. So I say things as I see them and expect people to do likewise,
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by LadyT(f): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
LOL yeah I do think its the talking that is killing him no man can talk like us women unless hes gay.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by TheSly: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh but she did give her reasons now, tongue tongue tongue
The poster said her boyfriend has changed, Now what more do you want to hear? tongue
Change is constant ,Natural and inevitable in life jor!!!
She needs to relax. . . . .Im telling you. cool
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by chamotex(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
he's not cheating, maybe he's just sampling

i beleive in "Innocent until proven Guilty"
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Chat2MeBac(f): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
chamotex:

he's not cheating, maybe he's just sampling

i beleive in "Innocent until proven Guilty"

LOL, Well I believe in Guilty until proven Innocent cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Sly:

Change is constant ,Natural and inevitable in life jor!!!
She needs to relax. . . . .I'm telling you. cool
Yea change is constant and all its other cousins you so meticulously mentioned tongue tongue, But it is also uncomfortable for the parties involved. Men most times are so insensitive that they disregard what either comes out of their mouths, or their mannerism. Females tend to be more intuned with their surroundings, so any little change in behavioural patterns become warning signals. Give the girl some credit. Atleast she didn't cause a scene, she is still gives him the benefit of the doubt.

chaircover:

Yep - some women including me can talk for the world.

Yesterday I rang my husband from work but he didn't pick up the phone so left him a message to call me back urgently (it wasn't an urgent matter but just wanted to gist him about something)

Anyway, he called me back straight away and I gisted him. Throughout the conversation he didn't say a word then when I finished he just said to me in a very calm voice, "Darling I am going to bill you for wasting my time"

I just burst out laughing, Got the message, Nice one. grin

Maybe your guy just wants to sleep, or he could be my husbands cousin smiley

LOL, Yea I used to do that with my ex. Or faked the headaches so he would drop his pants and drive over, hmmm. Women,
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by Outstrip(f): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2008
If you consider yourself a reasonable person and you think he is cheating then he is probably cheating.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by daisy4real: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
Don't panic, play the fool, just do as if you did not notice anything.
If he continues that way, then visit him one of the nights unexpectedly. if he is cheating on you,you will chatch him red handed.
Re: Is He Cheating? Please People Help Me O Abeg: by sayhi2ay(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
maybe the conversation you guys are having is becoming boring to him, he wouldn't want to say it, but find an excuse to break the conversation off, he doesn't necessarily mean he is cheating

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Monogamy A Myth ? / What Do U Call A Man That Wants To Date U And your Cousin? / Most Women Go After Money And Most Men Who Lavish Cheat On Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.