Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. (19909 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date A Guy Who Won't Have Sex Until Marriage? / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Havilah93(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
Each to his or her own opinion. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. The truth has been told. Do what is right!

2 Likes

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by mayor007(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Pre-marital sex is one of the causes of the World's major problems.

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Waspy(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Seems we can't get enough of this topic.
Maybe we shld first trash out what we all mean by Sex because i think a lot of us ( esp Males) see Deep kissing/ Smo.oching, Light Rom.ancing, Fing.ering and all those other things, asides penetration has normal and shldn't or can't be counted as Sex per say.
I think its best we first define what Sex is, where it starts/ stops and all what it entails.

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by dotcomnamename: 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Matthew briggs: Why you shouldn't wait for Sex Until Marriage

1. Understanding and Compatibility:- Sex is beautiful, is sweet and fun but for it to be enjoyed by both partners their's need for both of them to understand each other, their sexaul needs, their preferences, style and rhythm. There is need for both of them to be compatibility and understanding if they a sexually in tune with each other.

Sex before marriage can help you get answers for the above before signing the dotted lines, because there is nothing as bad and dangerous as couples discovering they are not sexually in sync with each other due to either a intimate problem, intimate preference/style or the absence of very strong intimate chemistry.

2. Fun and excitement:- Sex is fun and refreshing in fact, it is a great stress killer. It can help spice up a relationship taking it to heights hitherto unknown. It is know that most people are focused on building their careers before marriage in these instance they are prone to stress.
Sex can help in this regard as a stress reliever... keeping you more refreshed.

3. Bonding and commitment :- Studies have shown that people bond more after a intimate activity. Sex is one out of many tools that facilitates bonding and commitment. It one out of several methods that passes a message across to that special someone. A message of love, of commitment and your desire to bond with him or her to become one.

4. Health and fitness:- Regular sex can help keep you fit and strong ... it is a fun way of burning calories so. The following are surprisingly 11 benefit of sex.
> Helps Keep Your Immune System Humming
> Boosts Your Libido
> Improves Women's Bladder Control
> Lowers Your Blood Pressure
> Counts as Exercise
>Lowers Heart Attack Risk
> Lessens Pain (Before you reach for an aspirin, try for an heavenly feeling)
> May Make Prostate Cancer Less Likely
> Improves Sleep
Source (link (http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health?page=1)

The question is why wait till one gets married to start enjoying this very important benefits.

[size=30pt]Heyyy, very simple to agree with you, but on one condition,: Can you swear with God, Shango, Ogun, Shopono, Obatala, and Instant Death that u won't run from a man if u discover he is an impotent man after you got married to him and maybe you've waited for 3 to 5 years or not.. Oya Swear.......[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Waspy(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
To be realistic (Lying will make me more of a Sinner), Can a normal guy trully love a girl, say a chick like Genny or Mercy Johnson or Beyonce or K. kardash.......e.t.c and not imagine or attempt to go sensually physical with her? I don't think its possible in this age. Imagining it already makes a man a sinner sef. Make God give more grace sha, all spirits are truly willing oo
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Waspy: Cos, to be realistic (Lying will make me more of a Sinner), Can a guy trully love a girl, say a chick like Genny or Mercy Johnson or Beyonce or K. kardash.......e.t.c and not imagine or attempt to go sensually physical with her?
Confused Wasp. There is a difference between lust and love you know.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by zeongeon: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Na wa ooh......this sex off a thing has really made pple blind.....if sex before marriage meant a blissful marriage why do pple still break up with very good sex partners, divorce and cheat on their spouses...there is more to marriage than sex..u can claim to enjoy the sex after testing but the person or babe may not even b happy with ur performance and some babes that are desperate will close eyes marry u and b getting D..I..C..K outside..how has ur testing helped u...some men even father kids that are not their's....one should put his/her mind on other challenges that could arise in marriage cos sex dis days is so cheap and shouldn't b considered d worst problem that can arise in marriage
CAUTION: when pple tend to go against God's constitution they invite problems
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Heyyy, very simple to agree with you, but on one condition,: Can you swear with God, Shango, Ogun, Shopono, Obatala, and Instant Death that u won't run from a man if u discover he is an impotent man after you got married to him and maybe you've waited for 3 to 5 years or not.. Oya Swear
Dumb poster asking daft questions and revealing his fetish inclinations. What concerns you with what happens after a couple is married? How does that concern you in any way shape or form.
If the couple are really Christians they know what to do anyway.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by DMainMan: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
leatherman: This is an over-flogged topic on NL lately, but I don't mind taking some time to comment because, THE TRUTH CANNOT BE OVER-EMPHASIZED.

Sex MUST wait till after marriage. Don't ask me why!

You either take the truth or leave it. Neither is anyone forcing you to take it!

There are countless reasons why sex should wait. Inappropriate sex is one of the biggest and deepest reasons why Nigeria and the world at large is an unsafe place to be now.

People try to allow it so they are not criticized for other wrong doings. One thing is sure:

Whether you bend, break, bury or bypass the truth, YOU CAN'T KILL IT.

Even if you succeed at killing it, IT WILL RESURRECT.

Nyc 1. Sex afta marriage ni o
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
grin i am really pleased with reading sister ngokafor's testimony. God bless you dear. keep your resolve and help others achieve same. God bless you all.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
teemy: grin i am really pleased with reading sister ngokafor's testimony. God bless you dear. keep your resolve and help others achieve same. God bless you all.
Silly TEEMY SPOUTING HYPOCRISY get a life man and stop fornicating
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
i came into this world not knowing how to put on a vcr, use the computer or play soccer but learning made the input chips of the almighty activated. all things can be learnt by s/he who wills, but there is a time and a place for all things
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
teemy: grin i am really pleased with reading sister ngokafor's testimony. God bless you dear. keep your resolve and help others achieve same. God bless you all.
STUPID TEEMY SPOUTING HYPOCRISY get a life man and stop fornicating
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
teemy: i came into this world not knowing how to put on a vcr, use the computer or play soccer but learning made the input chips of the almighty activated. all things can be learnt by s/he who wills, but there is a time and a place for all things
Hypocrite GET A LIFE. How does the life you live correspond with your words?
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
tensor77:
STU.PID TEEMY SPOUTING HYPOCRISY get a life man and stop fornicating
hello friend. since when did sleeping with one's wife become fornication? guess you made a wrong conclusion. no hard feelings ore
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by yhemster(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
I respect the writers point on both side even though it very obvious that he's pro-abstinence. I agree with almost everyones point of view expect those hypocrites who always claim that the bible is against this 'sex before marriage' and that.... For your information the bible is against so many things that we easily find ourself doing nowadays (lying, cheating/stealing) and there is no classification or ranking of sin; but as religious as we are, we tends to judge others who commit sin that we aren't guilty of yet. For example, you all can imagine the judgmental attitude we have when its obvious that ur friend get pregnant outside wedlocks or stole something and get caught. I believe that we are all survivals (who we are today) by his grace, and everybody has a different level of grace in different endeavors just as we are have different weaknesses.
Sex is just 15-20% of what make ur marriages, its getting over-rated with this everyday discussion. Once you are married you will understand what I am talking about. Lets there be more discussion of planning and building a successful Marriage (family) in terms of relationship with inlaws, old/new friends, neighbors, children and finances. These factors are good determinant for successful Matrimony.

Abeg let "Sex and Marriage discussion" get pullover off this forum (especially the front page)

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by tensor77(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
teemy: hello friend. since when did sleeping with one's wife become fornication? guess you made a wrong conclusion. no hard feelings ore
All your CODED posts here do indicate you have engaged in fornication.. But if you are now TRULY married then all well and good.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by EmmyDe25(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lucky gurl: That was a very nice evalaution from an unbiased perspective.
Life is all about personal choices moreso we're in a free world and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and way of life.

In my humble opinion, sex should wait till after marriage.
Amongst the physical reasons of waiting is the absence of fear of,
-contracting veneral diseases, -having unwanted pregnancy.

The emotional reasons to wait includes protection from pitfalls associated with premarital sex such as
-guilt,
-misleading feelings about sex and love,
-hardships of breaking up e.t.c.

Amongst spiritual reasons to wait, U have
- protection from sin against the body.
- provision of blessings of patience.
-provision of the blessing of trust.
Just exactly the way the OP outlined them above.

I'd round up with this quote from a fellow nairalander though I can't remeber the exact way it was put: "Do not get yourself into a permanent deal with someone who's just temporal"
You fit swear by the grave of your ancestors sey you still be virgin? Practice what you preach!
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
tensor77:
All your CODED posts here do indicate you have engaged in fornication.. But if you are now TRULY married then all well and good.
thanks love.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by drnoel: 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
[size=28pt]To ur tent oh Isreal[/size]
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
@op d evil in u still more dan d good
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Smily202(m): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm. .....Everyone is entitle to his/her opinion.........Me ..I stand with my mind.....
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
yhemster: I respect the writers point on both side even though it very obvious that he's pro-abstinence. I agree with almost everyones point of view expect those hypocrites who always claim that the bible is against this 'sex before marriage' and that.... For your information the bible is against so many things that we easily find ourself doing nowadays (lying, cheating/stealing) and there is no classification or ranking of sin; but as religious as we are, we tends to judge others who commit sin that we aren't guilty of yet. For example, you all can imagine the judgmental attitude we have when its obvious that ur friend get pregnant outside wedlocks or stole something and get caught. I believe that we are all survivals (who we are today) by his grace, and everybody has a different level of grace in different endeavors just as we are have different weaknesses.
Sex is just 15-20% of what make ur marriages, its getting over-rated with this everyday discussion. Once you are married you will understand what I am talking about. Lets there be more discussion of planning and building a successful Marriage (family) in terms of relationship with inlaws, old/new friends, neighbors, children and finances. These factors are good determinant for successful Matrimony.

Abeg let "Sex and Marriage discussion" get pullover off this forum (especially the front page)
+1
i could"nt help it i had to quote this guy. +

VIST THIS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/1550867/making-love-raising-family
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by dotcomnamename: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
tensor77:
Dumb poster asking daft questions and revealing his fetish inclinations. What concerns you with what happens after a couple is married? How does that concern you in any way shape or form.
If the couple are really Christians they know what to do anyway.

You accusation is not even commensurate with my post, so obviously you're either drunk or on drugs!

I sorry for you!

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by prettylydia: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Vikta10: this topic reminds me of asticker I saw somtym bak lemme jus quote, "if am not suppose to have sex before marriage, why do I get an er**tion

Very lame post....infact so so dumb... Funny enough he will be feeling like he just made a reasonable comment...thewwwww
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Waspy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
tensor77:
Confused Wasp. There is a difference between lust and love you know.
those two are siamese bro

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by rasqie4me(m): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Daughter Of A Former Oyo State Governor Kemi Olunloyo Insults Pastor Adeboye Aga by rasqie4me(m): 8:49pm
Controversial activist, Kemi Omolulo-Olunloyo, daughter of a former Oyo state governor, Victor Omololu Olunloyo is in the news again, and this time she talks about Pastor E.A Adeboye.

She took hear Facebook page with over 22,000 followers to warn the people about the upcoming visit of Pastor.
see full gist here....http://clicknewznigeria..com/2013/12/daughter-of-former-oyo-state-governor.html
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by SavoG(f): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dis married ppl wit bfs nd gfs. Dis married virgins dat cant give birth. Dis married women who tk k of their children alone while their husband is always drunk nd beatin them. Its not weda u wait or u dnt. Its God! If pastor chris okotie can divorce his wife, then tell me y evryting needs not God's help to work. Marry a virgin wit a bad character nd u'll knw wadup!
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
#lessontoall if someone regrets the past and tries to turn a new leaf, oblige them rather that trying to rub it in. learnt the hard way when the sins of those i was accusing became my temptations on a silver platter. #teamjudgenot

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Lordlexyy: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
zeongeon: Na wa ooh......this sex off a thing has really made pple blind.....if sex before marriage meant a blissful marriage why do pple still break up with very good sex partners, divorce and cheat on their spouses...there is more to marriage than sex..u can claim to enjoy the sex after testing but the person or babe may not even b happy with ur performance and some babes that are desperate will close eyes marry u and b getting D..I..C..K outside..how has ur testing helped u...some men even father kids that are not their's....one should put his/her mind on other challenges that could arise in marriage cos sex dis days is so cheap and shouldn't b considered d worst problem that can arise in marriage
CAUTION: when pple tend to go against God's constitution they invite problems
Can't agree with you less. Godless and emotionaly thriving society will seek ways to justify and enthrone just about anything for fleshy passion. The society is wrecked today, vices is on the increase, immorality is on the high due to sexual expedition. Like it or not, so many evil past and present is link to unwarranted sex. Though, virginity doesnot equate respect, responsibility and good character, but the self worth, confidence and psychological balance that comes with it is enomours. However you paint it, especially the ladies, the emotional trauma and the indecisiveness to stick with the wrong guy is a huge lost that will take divine intervention to get bail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did You Break Up With Your Ex? / The Cheaters / Help Me!!! XVIDEOS Has Finished Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.