Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. (19910 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date A Guy Who Won't Have Sex Until Marriage? / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by easik: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
How can you say this is an unbiased article lol. This article is everything but UNBIASED. The first section talks about freedom of sex and then covers it with all sorts of bad karma. But the second part which speaks about abstinence is all nice and dandy right? and you shed more bad spill on those that are sexually active.

I hate to play devils advocate here but I completely disagree with most of the stuff you have in this article. Whatever study you read that basis someone sexuality on their happiness is completely bullshit, I mean seriously? also there's an obvious difference in point of views when it comes to how male and females view sex. We are on complete opposite ends and most people know that. So you didn't mention if the so called study was conducted on males or females.

Personally I don't believe in abstinence before marriage. Matter of fact, I think it is important to be sexually active before committing to anyone for a lifetime. Sex is very healthy when or if you are in a committed relationship, TRUST ME. Having a serious partner and being abstinent is just like being in a prison of your own creation. You are humans and you are sexual beings, don't go against your own nature.

Lastly I will like to address your point about STDs and all the other psychological effects you listed. As an individual, You should know that there is a great responsibility that comes with having any sorts of Rights or Freedom, and that includes sex, it is a freedom and it is your responsibility to keep that freedom by protecting yourself and being smart.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by mercyxtra: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
D.trader:

Can you guys kindly contribute 1,000 Likes for this wonderful Lady ??Please!..... 1000 Likes pleaseeeeeeeeee!
Don't scroll down without clicking the likes button pleaseeeeeeeeee!

wowww...talking out of experience...
ladies a word is enough for the wise. lipsrsealed
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
that in Nigeria a lot live, breathe and love corruption does not make it any right irregardless of how they polish or present it. sex sells, and that is a truth we all have to come to terms with but the illegitimacy is usually advertised away.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by teemy(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2013
that we are debating a topic as this would be more lovely without the name callings. keeping it civil. cheers guys

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by aytuns(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
Yes its true being a virgin cannot determine how successful a marriage will be, but it gives you an edge, a huge one infact. What man/woman wont be proud to know that he/she was his/her spouse's first, that she/he was keeping herself/himself until marriage?. I would!!
#TEAM VIRGIN!
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by berbajiday(m): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
ayo84: Sexual incompatibilty is a big issue nowadays, ladies who have tasted it from married men and professionals, don't want a male virgin with no idea of how to last long in bed.

And most experienced men, don't want a rigid, unexpereinced woman, if you have two virgins, its cool, if they go into it together.

But when you have one partner who has explored all kinds of fantasies and the other partner , a novice, then there would be problems, a case where a lady who has warmed the beds of so many men, decides to settle down with an innocent, young, virgin dude , that's going to be disastrous.

Exactly, compatibility is key tho that should not give room for promiscuity.
Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by Edifyer: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2013
We are human being so we should try and behave like one....every true believer should follow his/her scripture whether Bible or Quran
Because I know both scriptures condemn sex before marriage and provide a way on how to achieve that....men should lower their gaze and guide their modesty. Women also should do the same and cover themselves. Just because you cannot overcome your desires does not mean that you should justify what you are doing. Like I said this can only be achieved by a true believer.. However if you chose to live like an animal which does not have any scripture or guidance then be ready to face the consequences in this world or hereafter.

1 Like

Re: Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. by yomifowe(m): 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
homosapien: Was Adam and Eve married before they had sex. Just asking. Can anybody in the house give a detail historical origin of marriage. Thank u
Yes Adam and Eve were married (Gen.2:18,21-24) God said it is not good for man to be alone, so he made him a helper(wife) from one of the ribs in his body and brought the woman to him v.22. Therefore wld a man leave his father and mother...v24. It was not until after this that they had sex(Gen.4:1).

So God is the author of marriage and sex is only permitted between the man and his wife after marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did You Break Up With Your Ex? / The Cheaters / Help Me!!! XVIDEOS Has Finished Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.