Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 (34555 Views)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Why Do Criminals Always Run To Rccg To Seek God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2014
anonimi: Adeboye's declaration of fasting WITHOUT SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE and VERIFIABLE outcome for the participants is simply a scam. shocked
Those in doubt should check the FACTS from the Bible about the fasts that Jesus engaged in or recommended.

Moreover below is the type of fast that pleases the God who sent Jesus Christ here and whom Adeboye and his likes CLAIM to represent to their numerous gullible folks who wait for an helper like the impotent man at the pool of Bethesda rather than engage their God-given talents, skills, time and long-suffering pragmatic patience for personal & communal success:

Is the real fast described here not what our white "superiors" practice routinely and receive the divine benefits such that we are pouring out in our millions through deserts, oceans, seas to become voluntary slaves and socio-economic EXILES in their lands while we deceive ourselves that we in diaspora
Any chance that the scales might fall off our eyes and brains sometime soon?

2 Kings 13:15-19
"And Elisha said unto him, Take bow and arrows. And he took unto him bow and arrows. And he said to the king of Israel; Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands. And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the Lord's deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them. And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice." (KJV)

The 'bow and arrows' in the days of Elisha could be seen today as 'fasting and prayers'. Like the Syrianns in Aphek, there are enemies in our land, in our family, in the Church and even in our lives that must be smitten. The siege is inevitable if they are not totally destroyed.

As we take our bow and arrows, we will not shoot for awhile and stop like the king of Israel erroneously acted. But we will shoot again and again "till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed."

[b]These One Hundred Days of fasting and prayers are days of "the arrow of the Lord's deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from our enemies: [/b]we shalt smite the enemies around us till we have consumed them.Just as Elisha was sent to the king, God has sent our father-in- the- Lord, Daddy E. A. Adeboye, to the Church to take the arrows and shoot. Let's take our bow and arrows and shoot continuously to experience VICTORIOUS OVERFLOW over our enemies, this New Year.

Happy New Year - happy overflow.

NB: We have 115 prayer points grouped into 7 segments. You are free to pick from them for your daily prayers. (I posted the prayer points earlier on)

Exemptions:
1. Newly wed couples and elders over 70 years old.

2. Nursing mothers and pregnant women are also exempted.

You can drink water during fast
You can drink tea if you are overseas and it is cold.

If you miss a day, you must subtitute it for 2 days.

7 days dry fast count for 14 days
21 days dry fast count for 63 days
30 days and 30 nights cover 100 days

Why fast?
Answer: Because the destiny of many people will be determined this year,

Ask God for extra ordinary grace to fast and pray and the Lord will grant you the grace to fast and pray this year.

Every mountain in the path of all of us shall move this year.

Any force that stand in your way shall be destroyed.

The Almighty God will grant you extra ordinary grace to fast and pray.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
gymer:
The 'bow and arrows' in the days of Elisha could be seen today as 'fasting and prayers'. Like the Syrianns in Aphek, there are enemies in our land, in our family, in the Church and even in our lives that must be smitten. The siege is inevitable if they are not totally destroyed.

As we take our bow and arrows, we will not shoot for awhile and stop like the king of Israel erroneously acted. But we will shoot again and again "till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed."

Rightly divide the Word of God..

The only way to freedom from enemies in the church today is by the knowledge of the truth.

John 8: 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (the truth you know set you free indeed.

Moralistic religion of self salvation is our default setting as a fallen structure. After 100 days of fasting, if nothing changes they might tell you to go 75 more. After 75 they might say may be your heart wasnt there, if you say its there they might say may be you are holding grudges against somebody. If you say no they will recommend another strategy of gaining God's attention. The demand for self righteousness never seize, at best they remain filthy rags before God.

Wake Up Church, discover God and not what is in His hands. What is in His hands are only by- products.
Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by nora544: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why fast?

Ask God for extra ordinary grace to fast and pray and the Lord will grant you the grace to fast and pray this year.

Fasting for more than 7 days without a doctor is dangerous, how can a man want this, how should people work when they cannot eat, how can people get money when they cannot work, i know pastor adeboye will not give money to them.

I want to see him after this 100 days if he make it realy for 100 days becfause he and his wife must be very slim.

Than i will believe him that he make it also.

Please be carfully when you fast for such a long time you will lose your health.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Study (be diligent, investigate and be distinguished), be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

There are more LIES in the Church today than TRUTH; for the opposite of rightly handling and dispensing the TRUTH is to CORRUPT the Word of God....Beware of the Postmodern/Emergent preachers…

Any teaching that does not point to Christ and the finished work but what you can do on the cross stands to be questioned.

#preachthegoodnewsnotgoodadvice
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
shdemidemi: Study (be diligent, investigate and be distinguished), be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

There are more LIES in the Church today than TRUTH; for the opposite of rightly handling and dispensing the TRUTH is to CORRUPT the Word of God....Beware of the Postmodern/Emergent preachers…

Any teaching that does not point to Christ and the finished work on the cross stands to be questioned.

I can see that you are very vast with the bible probably more than I do. Could you please let me know if it is unbiblical to fast and pray? Could you also let me know if it is unbiblical to fast for a long period such as the 100days declared by the church? Thank you.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
shdemidemi: Study (be diligent, investigate and be distinguished), be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

Any teaching that does not point to Christ and the finished work on the cross stands to be questioned.

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse this message of TRUTH.

Welcome to 2014 brother.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
gymer:

I can see that you are very vast with the bible probably more than I do. Could you please let me know if it is unbiblical to fast and pray? Could you also let me know if it is unbiblical to fast for a long period such as the 100days declared by the church? Thank you.

Fasting and praying is good as long as you don't attach it to receiving mundane returns. The idea of restricting people from eating for 100 days for their father to shape their destiny is what should raise questions for any discerning member of the mystical body of Christ.

The battle is no more ours, but of God we can only trust Him(our part) to carry out His part of the deal. We find God to the degree that we want to find Him. Until our passions for finding God surpasses all other passions; until we long to know Him as our Lord and friend more than to use Him to get what we want (the way a spoilt child uses his rich father), we will not find Him as deeply as He desires to be found!

When your teaching/preaching is more oratory and experiential than scripturally based, you are fast becoming a Postmodern/Emergent Pastor…and you are a danger to the Body of Christ.

We have too many behind the Pulpit who don’t have any business there!

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
Goshen360:

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse this message of TRUTH.

Welcome to 2014 brother.

Same to you bro.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
M[left:
[/left]ina98]Someone should pls answer my questions,for the ladies are we to still fast during our menstral flow? How are we going to break the fast,are we going to eat in the morning or until 6pm and what should we use to break the fast? Is the dry fasting for 40 days and 100 days is the one we'll break around 6pm? I want to join in this fast and will love any useful information that will make me understand it better. Although I should have started today but still didn't get the details of the fast well. Someone should please put me through!
If you are doing 100 days,you break 6pm daily.
30 days dry equivalents 100 days
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Goshen360(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ S'demi,

Sometimes, I will want to say to you, leave our religious brethren to continue in their understanding but sometimes, I consider teaching them the truth might help those who are open minded.

Many who don't understand the new covenant thinks God is still dealing with us based on our works, THOUGH THESE WORK ARE GOOD but God is dealing with the new covenant BASED ON HIS FAITHFULNESS AND CHRIST FINISHED WORKS.

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Goshen360: @ S'demi,

Sometimes, I will want to say to you, leave our religious brethren to continue in their understanding but sometimes, I consider teaching them the truth might help those who are open minded..

2 Timothy 4 (Living Bible)

4 And so I solemnly urge you before God and before Christ Jesus—who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom— 2 to preach the Word of God urgently at all times, whenever you get the chance, in season and out, when it is convenient and when it is not. Correct and rebuke your people when they need it, encourage them to do right, and all the time be feeding them patiently with God’s Word.

3 For there is going to come a time when people won’t listen to the truth but will go around looking for teachers who will tell them just what they want to hear. 4 They won’t listen to what the Bible says but will blithely follow their own misguided ideas.

5 Stand steady, and don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Bring others to Christ. Leave nothing undone that you ought to do.

We can only keep doing what God expect of us whether they hear or not.

Goshen360: Many who don't understand the new covenant thinks God is still dealing with us based on our works, THOUGH THESE WORK ARE GOOD but God is dealing with the new covenant BASED ON HIS FAITHFULNESS AND CHRIST FINISHED WORKS.

True sir!
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello brothers and sisters...how's the spiritual exercise going?..may God give us the grace to forge ahead stronger and better...2014 is our year!...we shall laugh!!....and experience The Overflow of anointing in our lives....in Daddy G.O's Voice *It shall be well*

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Note- The word anointing was not used through out the new testament (church age), the word was commonly used in the old before the death of Christ. We will do well to go learn about that word 'anointing'.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

Fasting and praying is good as long as you don't attach it to receiving mundane returns. The idea of restricting people from eating for 100 days for their father to shape their destiny is what should raise questions for any discerning member of the mystical body of Christ.

The battle is no more ours, but of God we can only trust Him(our part) to carry out His part of the deal. We find God to the degree that we want to find Him. Until our passions for finding God surpasses all other passions; until we long to know Him as our Lord and friend more than to use Him to get what we want (the way a spoilt child uses his rich father), we will not find Him as deeply as He desires to be found!

When your teaching/preaching is more oratory and experiential than scripturally based, you are fast becoming a Postmodern/Emergent Pastor…and you are a danger to the Body of Christ.

We have too many behind the Pulpit who don’t have any business there!

Thank you for your response. I need some clarification in the following happenings in the New Testament:

1. Why did Jesus fasted for 40days and 40nights before he started his ministry? Note that the 100days declared by the church is less than Jesus' 40days and 40nights (in the church's guidance for this fasting, 30days and 30nights is equivalent to the 100days)

2. Why do you think Jesus told his disciples that some deeds cannot be done except through prayer and fasting?

Your clarifications will be highly appreciated.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
heefeholuwah: Hello brothers and sisters...how's the spiritual exercise going?..may God give us the grace to forge ahead stronger and better...2014 is our year!...we shall laugh!!....and experience The Overflow of anointing in our lives....in Daddy G.O's Voice *It shall be well*

It has been wonderful and glorious. We will all finish well and strong. It must surely be well in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Rexyl(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
May the move effect a positive change in Nigeria esp righteousness that exalts a natio and divine intervention to check evils and wickednes.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Rexyl: May the move effect a positive change in Nigeria esp righteousness that exalts a natio and divine intervention to check evils and wickednes.

Amen and Amen............
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Goshen360(m): 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
gymer:

Thank you for your response. I need some clarification in the following happenings in the New Testament:

1. Why did Jesus fasted for 40days and 40nights before he started his ministry? Note that the 100days declared by the church is less than Jesus' 40days and 40nights (in the church's guidance for this fasting, 30days and 30nights is equivalent to the 100days)

Who told you when Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights was the new testament?

gymer:

2. Why do you think Jesus told his disciples that some deeds cannot be done except through prayer and fasting?
Your clarifications will be highly appreciated.

Deeds like what will require fasting and praying for days BEFORE they can be done?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by debraleey: 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Reading through these comments, some people heren are the reasons why they and their countries are stagnant, facing challenges and so on. Why is everytyhing a man of God does a problem to some? How is 100 days fasting and prayer bad? For crying out loud, the Pastor is not even forcing anyone to do it, do according to your ability. Some omments her honestly don't make sense
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
debraleey: Reading through these comments, some people heren are the reasons why they and their countries are stagnant, facing challenges and so on. Why is everytyhing a man of God does a problem to some? How is 100 days fasting and prayer bad? For crying out loud, the Pastor is not even forcing anyone to do it, do according to your ability. Some omments her honestly don't make sense
debraleey: Reading through these comments, some people heren are the reasons why they and their countries are stagnant, facing challenges and so on. Why is everytyhing a man of God does a problem to some? How is 100 days fasting and prayer bad? For crying out loud, the Pastor is not even forcing anyone to do it, do according to your ability. Some omments her honestly don't make sense
God bless you oh. Funny enough even people in occultic world does more than this and when it concerns Church people will be sinning more. It is not compulsory now......2 Chronicles 20:20
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Goshen360:

Read Matthew 4:1-2

Deeds like what will require fasting and praying for days BEFORE they can be done?

Read Matthew 17:15-21, Mark 9:21-29 and Daniel 10:1-21
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Goshen360:

Read Matthew 4:1-2

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Day 1 is gone. Lord please give me the grace to end well and end strongly.

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Mina98(f): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
gymer:

Please see my post above on the the prayer points immediately before your post. At the end of my post, you will see some guidance on how the fast should be observed. Additional guidance are shown below:

Exemptions:
1. Newly wed couples and elders over 70 years old.

2. Nursing mothers and pregnant women are also exempted.

You can drink water during fast
You can drink tea if you are overseas and it is cold.

If you miss a day, you must subtitute it for 2 days.

7 days dry fast count for 14 days
21 days dry fast count for 63 days
30 days and 30 nights cover 100 days

Why fast?

Amen thanks may God strengthen us...
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by EreluY(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
[size=13pt]The richest countries in the world (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden - known as Scandinavian or Nordic countries) are the most godless/atheistic/agnostic, and therefore the least religious in the world. In comparison with Nigeria (one of the most religious where, rather paradoxically, armed robbery, rapè, embezzlement, abuse of public office, murder, victimisation, tribalism, nepotism, kidnapping, and poverty is not only rife but one of the highest in the world), the level of crime in Scandinavia is arguably the lowest in the world. Political and economic logic is what would save Nigeria not religious beliefs and sentiments based on ancient Mesopotamia folklore and Ancient Near Eastern mythologies.[/size]

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Sheidymama: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
Omooba77:

It depends on grace, strength and ability; 30 days straight (=100), 21(63) 14(21)..................God will heal our land and give us more grace to be REAL disciples and TRUE follower of Jesus Christ

Pls what do u mean by 30days straight?
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by gymer(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sheidymama:

Pls what do u mean by 30days straight?

30days and thirty nights. Not stopping at 6pm like the normal 100days.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Akiika: 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
The 2 P's are the root of Nigerian problem.

Politicians and Preachers (Imam and Pastors).

Politicians rip the citizens of their collective wealth while Preachers enslave them economically and mentally.

Religion as practiced in Nigeria is ridiculously insane. People's brain have been messed up so much that they believe prayer without action can fix things.

Five Nigerian pastors including una Daddy Adeboye are in the top ten Richest Pastors of the world. Nigeria beat America to it with her christian population! Meanwhile, 95% of Nigerian church members languish in abject poverty while pastors fly in private jets.

Food for thought!

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Akiika: The 2 P's are the root of Nigerian problem.

Politicians rip the citizens of their collective wealth while Preachers enslave them economically and mentally.

Religion as practiced in Nigeria is ridiculously insane. People's brain have been messed up so much that they believe prayer without action can fix things.

Five Nigerian pastors including una Daddy Adeboye are in the top ten Richest Pastors of the world. Nigeria beat America to it with her christian population! Meanwhile, 95% of Nigerian church members languish in abject poverty while pastors fly in private jets.

Food for thought!

If it is easy, please start your own church.....................
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by cocopeach(f): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
ebamma: .This makes me remember
a scene in one indian movie titled oh
my God. In which an
hindu priest organises a
10days fasting, and after
every 1 hour he visits the
toilet cos his assistant has
already kept food there
for him to eat, and after
eating he goes back to
join his congregation in
fasting i hope say no be
waiting Adeboye dey plan
to do be dis oh?
ha ha too bad for you to talk of a man of God Like Dat...
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Akiika: The 2 P's are the root of Nigerian problem.
Food for thought!

point

Omooba77:
If it is easy, please start your own church.....................

who said it's easy? nothing is easy in this life

Is there any pastor in the US or UK that flies private jets?

I'm not Jehovah Witness but I still like them, tithe is not been collected just offerings and its optional.

You can only donate willing if you wish.

Millions of magazines are been published - Educative, Informative and I get these magazines free! Even videos online, audios are free

but why do some churches sell them? they sell to make profit on it again? that's business

so many things are wrong!

why open a university and let people pay so much bills shocked can average citizens pay ? these is also another means of generating funds - business.

Why not open a university and let the people pay low since people would always donate to pay the staff salaries undecided

they only enrich their pockets and expanding to make more money period! lipsrsealed

also during some time they shared 1 million naira each to all the Redeemed Pastors! Yes! Imagine! shocked

so much more jareeeee

Also why do they want people to fast for 100 days when Jesus only fasted for 40 days

Who are they trying to save? Nigeria? or the poor?

I bet some pastors will eat during this period and claim they fasted cos I have witnessed such! undecided

they should stop preaching bulllshhiiitts to us! preach sometime that would make sense and help empower the people and contribute their quota in the development of their success! not telling dem to start praying all they night long without telling them what to do to be successful insteading of preaching if you dont pay tithe you rob GOD!!! What The Fuccck!! that if u dont pay u wont be successful!!! is that a curse? crap!

Enough of all these mumbo jumbos!

Read the bible yourself - understand it and know what it's saying and also use your common sense! don't let someone to start manipulating u with different quotes from it to achieve their goals to convince you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorsylove: 5:00am On Jan 03, 2014
I knw of so many nigerians who knws their destinies are already ruined and condemned,and are also desperately in search of other frnds whose destiny dey'd ruin too,everyman,shall b judged according to his deeds. If indeed daddy Adeboye is a bad/selfish preacher,leave him to God,it shldnt b ur problem. My dear believers in christ,don't let these spiritually blind men discourage u,fast and pray enestly and dis year wld b a testimony for u. For christains like me who wants to do d 30days and 30nights,its wid liquid pls,take liquid when ur dehydrated. I'm sure,so sure we aint gonna regret dis exercise,love u wid d love of christ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Master Builder Global Church Demolished By Enugu Government (Photos) / Little Girl Accused Of Witchcraft, Flogged Mercilessly During Deliverance (Pics) / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.