Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 (34368 Views)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way / Why Do Criminals Always Run To Rccg To Seek God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) begins 100 days fasting in January 2014, to plead for mercy and shape individual destiny. This is not a show off, but a plea for all members to join in plea to God. The last time something like this was done was in 1993. May God bless every member of RCCG, our leaders, mummy and daddy G.O.

29 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by funmi4love(f): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
RCCG to start a 100 days fasting on 2nd of jan God give me d grace 2 participate fully

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
funmi4love: RCCG to start a 100 days fasting on 2nd of jan God give me d grace 2 participate fully
Amen oh, may God answer all our prayers and strengthen our inner man in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by 4tunebest(f): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Really looking forward to it by God's grace
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Obinovictor(m): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2013
I pray for strength to also participate. I won't want to miss any day.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Obinovictor: I pray for strength to also participate. I won't want to miss any day.
I pray not only for strength, but total transformation of our lives;reflecting Jesus Christ.........................

3 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by bizmahn: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2013
Excellent idea.What is the nature of the fast.midnight to 2pm,midnight to 6pm,total fast,water fast,fruit fast or anyhow?
With deep repentance & radical change there will be clear impact in a sincere self denying fast.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2013
bizmahn: Excellent idea.What is the nature of the fast.midnight to 2pm,midnight to 6pm,total fast,water fast,fruit fast or anyhow?
With deep repentance & radical change there will be clear impact in a sincere self denying fast.

It depends on grace, strength and ability; 30 days straight (=100), 21(63) 14(21)..................God will heal our land and give us more grace to be REAL disciples and TRUE follower of Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Ajibam: 10:56am On Dec 27, 2013
Alright... divine Strength.. thats what we need
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by 9jaSceptic: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigerians muslim fast for thirty days yearly And Christians fast for 40 days and Forty Nights, But that don't make either of these people the richest, the most successful, the least successful in life, Adherents of both religion experience good and bad(both fall sick, both die, both progress) of life as they trasverse this temporal abode called earth, fast all you want, there can never be stable electricity next year, stable power , end to corruption In 9ja.

Fasting is not the Solution to 9ja's problem, tell you GO to invest in the Unemployed youth of his church who'll be fasting for the purpose of getting a job and reduce the number of church houses been built, so that firms that needs these properties turned to church house could make efficient use of them and reduce unemployment and little or nobody will need to fast.

Fast all you want

39 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Obinovictor(m): 11:08am On Dec 27, 2013
9jaSceptic: Nigerians muslim fast for fourty days yearly And Christians fast for 40 days and Forty Nights, But that don't make either of these people the richest, the most successful, the least successful in life, Adherents of both religion experience good and bad(both fall sick, both die, both progress) of life as they trasverse this temporal abode called earth, fast all you want, there can never be stable electricity nexy year, stable power , end to corruption In 9ja.

Fasting is not the Solution to 9ja's problem, tell you GO to invest in the Unemployed youth of his church who'll be fasting for the purpose of getting a job and reduce the number of church houses been built, so that firms that needs these properties turned to church house could make efgicient use of them and reduce unemployment and little or nobody will need to fast.

Fast all you want

what's this one talking about?

8 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2013
9jaSceptic: Nigerians muslim fast for fourty days yearly And Christians fast for 40 days and Forty Nights, But that don't make either of these people the richest, the most successful, the least successful in life, Adherents of both religion experience good and bad(both fall sick, both die, both progress) of life as they trasverse this temporal abode called earth, fast all you want, there can never be stable electricity nexy year, stable power , end to corruption In 9ja.

Fasting is not the Solution to 9ja's problem, tell you GO to invest in the Unemployed youth of his church who'll be fasting for the purpose of getting a job and reduce the number of church houses been built, so that firms that needs these properties turned to church house could make efgicient use of them and reduce unemployment and little or nobody will need to fast.

Fast all you want

I'm not the spoke's person, but go to all the Provincial offices, they have staff, maintenance staff,engineers................etc. Not to talk of RCCG camp (Redemption camp) that employs more than 2000 people. God bless you sir, we can always believe in what we want..

5 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by 9jaSceptic: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2013
Omooba77:

I'm not the spoke's person, but go to all the Provincial offices, they have staff, maintenance staff,engineers................etc. Not to talk of RCCG camp (Redemption camp) that employs more than 2000 people. God bless you sir, we can always believe in what we want..

Reduce the no of church houses being built on every nook and crany and let firms who can employ a significant amount of labour make efficient use of these premises and there'll be growth in the Economy as a result of the unemployed or underemployed resources( Premises where church are built) which are now employed and efficiently employed respectively.

13 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2013
9jaSceptic:

Reduce the no of church houses being built on every nook and crany and let firms who can employ a significant amount of labour make efficient use of these premises and there'll be growth in the Economy as a result of the unemployed or underemployed resources( Premises where church are built) which are now employed and efficiently employed respectively.

No problem sir, God bless you................

3 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Obinovictor(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
9jaSceptic:

and where were those firms when the lands lay fallow i.e. before churches were built on the land. Who even told you that Nigeria lacks land to accomodate as many firms as we want. Say what you know.

7 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2013
The church is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit. How many people have died, left and yet the church is not really missing them. For every Elijah, there still 7000 faithful men. Church is not all about money and money, may God have mercy on us.........

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Omooba77: The church is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit. How many people have died, left and yet the church is not really missing them. For every Elijah, there still 7000 faithful men. Church is not all about money and money, may God have mercy on us.........
Granted, there is free entry and free exit, but the problem is that religion in Nigeria is somehow able to attract 'free' capital in ways that someone with a brilliant idea cannot. The implication of opportunity cost means that every free capital that is sucked up by the unproductive religious houses is capital lost to The more productive business sector.More so, the ten percent tithe and other offerings and levies collected by the church is so inefficiently spent that by my estimate will result to over seventy percent reduction in aggregate demand from the money lost to religion

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
dorox:
Granted, there is free entry and free exit, but the problem is that religion in Nigeria is somehow able to attract 'free' capital in ways that someone with a brilliant idea cannot. The implication of opportunity cost means that every free capital that is sucked up by the unproductive religious houses is capital lost to The more productive business sector.More so, the ten percent tithe and other offerings and levies collected by the church is so inefficiently spent that by my estimate will result to over seventy percent reduction in aggregate demand from the money lost to religion
God bless you for your observation; but in actual sense if you have a congregation of 100 people only about 20 will be faithful tithes and offering payer. In actual fact the money is not enough to run the church, Pastor and some members working 95% of the time are God's vessels to carry the burden of the church.Money is not lost to the church, invariably many people are empowered .I will be deceiving you if I dont know some people use the money for personal gain;but God is a judge......................

4 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
@Omooba77
My piont is that if you can collect the money that goes into religion in Nigeria today and invest it into real businesses, you will have far better returns to society than putting it in church/mosque.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by dorox(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Omooba77: Members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) begins 100 days fasting in January 2014, to plead for mercy and shape individual destiny. This is not a show of, but a plea for all members to join in plea to God. The last time something like this was done was in 1993. May God bless every member of RCCG, our leaders, mummy and daddy G.O.
How did it benefit the country when it was done in 1993.

11 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Omooba77: 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
dorox:
How did it benefit the country when it was done in 1993.
Daddy G.O already knew what will happen , but he would only tell you to pray; funny enough I had not join the church then.................You can ask anyone who know the story. The church is improving the economy of the nation too.....
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Kei144(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
That is really good; because the fasting will end in April 2014, when the biblical end time begins.

https://www.nairaland.com/1447777/apocalyptic-end-time-begins-2014
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Archmed(m): 6:33am On Jan 01, 2014
It is said: the Lord will not change d situation of a nation unless d people change it themselves.This is 2014,its time to hold our leaders accountable,time to stone d thieves to death as one of the thieves Gov. Amaechi has suggested.This is not a time to leave Nigeria's problems unto d hands of God.Its time to CRUSH dem with our fists.Its not by power or might,I know,but Fasting and Prayer is just a means to an end,,its not an end in itself.
Blissful 2014 fellow Nairalanders !!

2 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by checkdate(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2014
JESUS IS LORD FOR EVER !

4 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Phalldhe: 6:46am On Jan 01, 2014
The 100 days fasting and prayer begins tomorrow ( 2/1/2014).
You and your family cannot afford to miss this live changing and destiny reshaping encounter.
Nigeria needs serious fasting and prayer as the nation clocks 1 century, and as the nation prepares for the much awaited 2015 general election.
JESUS SHALL REIGN SUPREME IN MY LIFE, YOUR LIFE AND IN NIGERIA.
Jesus is lord.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by ebamma(m): 6:50am On Jan 01, 2014
.This makes me remember
a scene in one indian movie titled oh
my God. In which an
hindu priest organises a
10days fasting, and after
every 1 hour he visits the
toilet cos his assistant has
already kept food there
for him to eat, and after
eating he goes back to
join his congregation in
fasting i hope say no be
waiting Adeboye dey plan
to do be dis oh?

1 Like

Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by ebamma(m): 6:59am On Jan 01, 2014
checkdate: JESUS IS LORD FOR EVER !
your lord bro forever
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by rckdude: 7:05am On Jan 01, 2014

Fast all you want

You should know that one of the prayer points would be for God to trouble all those that is troubling our Israel (Nigeria). So keep your comments to yourself. We don't need spiritual pessimist like you to dull the idea.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by Majikals(m): 7:16am On Jan 01, 2014
that's nice...I wanted to fast n pray for the situation of this country too but since some people are about to do same,lemme switch to mode 7...EATING TINS ON POINT...
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by rckdude: 7:16am On Jan 01, 2014
9jaSceptic:

Has the church prevented any firm from acquiring properties? If u feel so strong about it, u and ur followers should go and "occupy redemption camp" and make your displeasure known.
Re: RCCG To Start 100 Days Fasting in January 2014 by 234GT(m): 7:18am On Jan 01, 2014
It is simply not healthy for them. God is not wicked IMO.
Health is wealth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.