Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria (4878 Views)

Ekweremadu’s A Good Example For Nigerian Politicians —saraki / AU Accuses Buhari Of Setting A Bad Example For Africa’s Ruling Class / The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2013
maclatunji:

I did not start the comparison, the proponents of secession did. I am only referencing them. Save your lectures for them.

I am pratical when it comes to politics and would rather have control/influence over millions of people and their resources than be forced to have fewer resources, have to probably fight them and accept millions of them as refugees.

You accuse Texanomaly of being out of touch with the Nigerian reality. She is better than you in this regard because you are obviously arrogant and ignorant of the dynamics within Nigeria- a country you have hardly lived in. You are very subjective, Texanomaly can be objective because she has no vested interests.

Your naivety is quite compelling.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by vizboy(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2013
Howmanage:

I wouldn't go as far as stating bolded . Its quite some rose tinted glasses that would see "well built" projected in Nigeria's future as it is.Personally though I dream of a Yorubaland on its own(I know we would be fine) , I would prefer to give the Sovereign National Conference a go if it means we remain as Nigeria with autonomous regions.

Nigeria has it shortcomings so does every other country.

But hw well you handle matters alot.

I cant say we are there yet but actually we are growing at a very slow rate.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:29am On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly: @ shymexx...

You are right. I do not know enough about this situation to make any sort of assessment. I am sorry. I will refrain from making statements or judgements on this subject. Thank you pointing that out.

I thought you said you could take it?
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Igbo people should think twice.

We don't have thinking malfunction, unlike you people.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2013
jmoore:

Don't generalize. This has nothing to do with Igbos. Not every Igbo man supports secession.

We are well aware of the saboteurs in our midst. We will deal with them when the time comes.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:34am On Dec 27, 2013
vizboy: I keep hearing people clamouring for disintegration. Why I dont normaly want to put myself into it is cause I have discovered that most of them clamouring for disintegration are mostly Nigerians living outside the country. Afterall it wouldnt affect them.

2015 will come and go and we will still be one, nothing will change.

National conference is something that has my support but for disintegration is a no go area.

What we have on nairaland are noise makers calling for disintegration, hw many of you calling for disintegration will be able to fight for it.

The question is how many of you will fight to keep nigeria one?
See answers here: https://www.nairaland.com/939983/fight-keep-nigeria-one
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2013
Howmanage:
Are you saying texanomaly is white?

Yes. A descendant of colonialists. Her ancestors caused all this mess.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2013
maclatunji:

I did not start the comparison, the proponents of secession did. I am only referencing them. Save your lectures for them.

I am practical when it comes to politics and would rather have control/influence over millions of people and their resources than be forced to have fewer resources, have to probably fight them and accept millions of them as refugees.

You accuse Texanomaly of being out of touch with the Nigerian reality. She is better than you in this regard because you are obviously arrogant and ignorant of the dynamics within Nigeria- a country you have hardly lived in. You are very subjective, Texanomaly can be objective because she has no vested interests.

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by vizboy(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

The question is how many of you will fight to keep nigeria one?
See answers here: https://www.nairaland.com/939983/fight-keep-nigeria-one
those are all talknodo

I dont believe in words of mouth,I believe in action.

You knw as the saying goes action speaks louder than words
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2013
maclatunji:

Your interpretation... by the way you removed "influence" from my statement. Stop being dubious.

Now, let me break it down for you: I am firstly a businessman before a politician. All Nigerians are to benefit more if we put our minds to developing our economy by profitably exploiting our natural resources within secure borders.

To this end, the whole of Nigeria is my "playground" and I intend to enjoy it. Contrast this to war and power struggles within/amongst potential successors of a fractured Nigeria.

Why limit yourself to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by OneNaira6: 11:48am On Dec 27, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
It is only Igbo that are shouting secession. Mention any other ethnic group that does.

For Someone That Desperately Want To Be ND, You Know Very Little About The Region. Beside Igbo, The Minority Tribe In ND Are The Next Most Vocal Group Seeking Succession. The Ogoni And The Ijaw Being The Loudest. The Ogoni Being The Most Vocal. Due To That Their Population Is Very Little and Unfortunately, They Are Being Dominated By The Ethnicity They Share A State With, Their Voices Are Virtually Unheard. Intact, I Inform You To Go Speak To The Nearest Ogoni Community You Can Find Like I've Done Or Better Yet, Go Read About Masop. Heck Masop Declared The Republic Of Ogoniland Few Years Ago. Unfortunately, Being That Declaration Happened Without The Proper Protocal, Their Declaration, Though Had A Wide Acceptance By Their People, Was Unrecognized By UN, African Union And Other Groups That Matter Thus They Were Forced Back To This Hellhole Of A Country. Till Date, They Still Trying To Find Away To Get Out Of The Country. They Want Their Own Nation And To Be Honest, Seeing What He11 Nigeria Made In Their Land, I Actually Don't Blame Them At All. Despite Igbo AnD Ogoni Do Not Have A Good History, I Overlook All That And Pray For Them. Each Time I Pray For The Actualization Of Biafra, I Equally Pray For Them And Their Wish For Republic Of Ogoni. I Pity Them, I Pity The Hellhole AndTragedy Bestowed On Them By Nigerian leaders
Lastly, It's High Time Yoruba Get It To Their Head That Nigeria Is A Hellhole That's Not Improved Since The Ending Of It's Last War. People Want Out And You Can't Force Us All To Stay In A Sinking Ship. A Forced Marriage Is An Unhappy Marriage. Get That Through Una Head You One Nigerians. The Almighty God Would One Day Destroy This Curse Put On Us By Lord Luggard And Zik. Amen

@OP
South Sudan Is Literally A Mini Nigeria. Enough Said.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by SamIkenna: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2013
hercules07: African countries have not had it good after separation, Sudan and Ethiopia/Eritrea come to mind. The disintegration of Nigeria is going to be violent and I do not see it happening for some time. There are too many vested interests in the Nigerian project for it to happen without violence, the international community will also not allow it except it is peaceful. The aftermath is also going to be very very violent, the North will descend into chaos because the BH guys will want to take over, the Christians in the North will want to defend themselves, the Niger Delta guys will fight for resources internally and externally, Biafra will need to fight the Niger Delta for resources and the spill over of the war in the North will bring refugees East, Yorubas will have to deal with the North and fallout of religious wars, so many things will happen in the event of a breakup. I will rather we have a true federal constitution where states can develop at their pace and control the bulk of governance power.

Only a curmudgeonly individual would read your post and not see the truth in it. However, one thing you must know is that power cannot and will not yield unless the other side of the divide threaten to go for broke should the recipients of a lopsided structure attempt to perpetuate their advantage. The way I see it - core north will never be interested in restructuring unless they see that the danger of their arrogance means the end of the nation. And as the nation goes so also goes their advantage and unending threats of war. I guess its safe to say that to get the much needed peace and restructuring we must be prepared for any eventuality - good or bad.

Also, I believe it's childish to cow and accept the current absurdity under the threat of war and its attendant hardship. We all will die after all.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by jmoore(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

We are well aware of the saboteurs in our midst. We will deal with them when the time comes.

Deal with them? smh

That's how communities of the same tribe fight because of land disputes.

Keep dreaming.

One Nigeria is here to stay!

Men like Innoson are making Nigeria great.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2013
shymexx:

Yes, it's a rant because your cognitive reasoning is too shallow to demystify it - and too complex for you. First, you created an inane topic that has no correlation with anything whatsoever, without understanding what the power-struggle in South Sudan is about. Go to bed - Mr-white-folks-defeated-our-ancestors-so they-are-superior.

In one breath you are claiming to be a pan-africanist. In another, you are insisting Nigerians cannot live together in the same country.

The African renaissance you are looking for will be achieved by dividing Nigeria into hamlets?
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

We don't have thinking malfunction, unlike you people.
How come you've still not been able to choose between disintegrating and a Nigerian President of Ibo extraction?
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
How come you've still not been able to choose between disintegrating and a Nigerian President of Ibo extraction?

One does not exclude the other.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Why limit yourself to Nigeria?

Act local, think global.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2013
One_Naira:

For Someone That Desperately Want To Be ND, You Know Very Little About The Region. Beside Igbo, The Minority Tribe In ND Are The Next Most Vocal Group Seeking Succession. The Ogoni And The Ijaw Being The Loudest. The Ogoni Being The Most Vocal. Due To That Their Population Is Very Little and Unfortunately, They Are Being Dominated By The Ethnicity They Share A State With, Their Voices Are Virtually Unheard. Intact, I Inform You To Go Speak To The Nearest Ogoni Community You Can Find Like I've Done Or Better Yet, Go Read About Masop. Heck Masop Declared The Republic Of Ogoniland Few Years Ago. Unfortunately, Being That Declaration Happened Without The Proper Protocal, Their Declaration, Though Had A Wide Acceptance By Their People, Was Unrecognized By UN, African Union And Other Groups That Matter Thus They Were Forced Back To This Hellhole Of A Country. Till Date, They Still Trying To Find Away To Get Out Of The Country. They Want Their Own Nation And To Be Honest, Seeing What He11 Nigeria Made In Their Land, I Actually Don't Blame Them At All. Despite Igbo AnD Ogoni Do Not Have A Good History, I Overlook All That And Pray For Them. Each Time I Pray For The Actualization Of Biafra, I Equally Pray For Them And Their Wish For Republic Of Ogoni. I Pity Them, I Pity The Hellhole AndTragedy Bestowed On Them By Nigerian leaders
Lastly, It's High Time Yoruba Get It To Their Head That Nigeria Is A Hellhole That's Not Improved Since The Ending Of It's Last War. People Want Out And You Can't Force Us All To Stay In A Sinking Ship. A Forced Marriage Is An Unhappy Marriage. Get That Through Una Head You One Nigerians. The Almighty God Would One Day Destroy This Curse Put On Us By Lord Luggard And Zik. Amen

@OP
South Sudan Is Literally A Mini Nigeria. Enough Said.
Okongo, Ibo's clamour for secession is so selfish that they don't see the wider picture.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
maclatunji:

Act local, think global.

I knew you wouldn't understand my question.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

One does not exclude the other.
Alfa Seltzer, you've now shown who you really are - a fool.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Reptyle(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It is thinking like yours that will ensure your region never knows peace even if you succeed in your secessionist drive. Some people within your region will continually seek to lord it over others describing them as "saboteurs" and striving to deal with them. These "saboteurs" will definitely resist been "dealt with" and before you know it, you are back to square one. Please note that these "saboteurs" are not an exclusive preserve of the south-east but exist in all of the regions.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I knew you wouldn't understand my question.

Then you are not communicating...
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by OneNaira6: 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Okongo, Ibo's clamour for secession is so selfish that they don't see the wider picture.

This Your Wider Picture Is For You And Your Peeps Benefit. Keep Your Wider Picture, I Rather Listen To The Loud Calls Of My Ancestors. Since The Creation Of Nigeria, Nobody, Absolutely None, Have Moved Forward. Some Region Trying Their Darnest To Inhibit The Industrialization Of Others. Some Region Believing It's The Right To Rule Others. Others Stealing The Wealth Of Another Group. Death Toll Of The Nation Increasing Each year. No Thank You But Una Can Enjoy Your "wider Picture" From Nigeria; Me I No Want.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
Reptyle:

It is thinking like yours that will ensure your region never knows peace even if you succeed in your secessionist drive. Some people within your region will continually seek to lord it over others describing them as "saboteurs" and striving to deal with them. These "saboteurs" will definitely resist been "dealt with" and before you know it, you are back to square one. Please note that these "saboteurs" are not an exclusive preserve of the south-east but exist in all of the regions.

If those against secession come out, many of these "e-freedom-fighters" will disappear before we can say "Jack" and I do mean Robinson.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
One_Naira:

This Your Wider Picture Is For You And Your Peeps Benefit. Keep Your Wider Picture, I Rather Listen To The Loud Calls Of My Ancestors. Since The Creation Of Nigeria, Nobody, Absolutely None, Have Moved Forward. Some Region Trying Their Darnest To Inhibit The Industrialization Of Others. Some Region Believing It's The Right To Rule Others. Others Stealing The Wealth Of Another Group. Death Toll Of The Nation Increasing Each year. No Thank You But Una Can Enjoy Your "wider Picture" From Nigeria; Me I No Want.

You can migrate to Siberia...
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Your naivety is quite compelling.

She is actually a CIA agent sent to Nairaland to convince Nigerians to stay together to make it easier for "Pinky and the Brain" to takeover the world? undecided
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
texanomaly:

If they bolded is true, are you sure that it doesn't have more to do with your curupt leadership.

Unstable Society breeds corrupt leaders.
I know an Igbo guy who wants be a politician and aspires to be senator just for money, he feels no obligation to stress himself for any Yoruba or Hausa

I wonder how that works but if one person thinks like that then there's a problem with the Interrelationship between our ethnic groups, so why force ourselves with something that isn't working?
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
shymexx:

Next time, read the background story before comparing apples to oranges. Sudan was divided along religious/colour lines. Thus, making South Sudan another Nigeria. The two warring groups are distinct.

Anyway, how come most of you lot who're scared of disintegration are Yoruba's? You lot have to be the most timid and ignorant people ever. You've got a region that's geographically blessed and well placed to achieve greatness. With enough human and natural resources to pull it off - however, most of you would rather be in perpetual servitude and continue to dance azonto in a vicious cycle of poverty and underdevelopment - than rally round one another to build a strong country. Yoruba's are doomed! undecided

A real pity, I don't know wat these people are afraid of....is yorubaland not blessed by nature?
Most of these people are those Ilorin who are confused
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
onegig: Please dont bring religion into this.

Was it religion that caused the civil war of 1966?

You can always pass your points without sounding like a bigot.Thank you
The muslims in the North started murdering igbos for no reason....abeg Religion isn't the issue so let's even drop it

Point is this disintegration is ethnical not religious
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
imsu.boi:

You're not Nigerian & you've obviously not been to Nigeria before.

I don't see how this discussion is any of your business undecided

Kindly fvck off!
angry angry

Guy relax na grin
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by freda506(f): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
What about those with mixed ethnicities?
My dad is Yoruba but my mum is Urhobo where would I claim
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Reptyle: All the agitators for division exist only on Nairaland. The people that matter know the implication of division and WILL NEVER allow it to happen...at least not deliberately. The sooner we learn to live together in peace and harmony, the better for us all. We do not always have to be friends...but we can get along if we apply our minds to it.

I don't think your ears and eyes are open because if they are you would know that NL is small.
Many Yoruba groups are out there advocating for disintegration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Abians Do Whenever It Rains / Mistakes Of Jonathan And PDP / Former Ghanian President, Jerry john Rawlings Reportedly Dead At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.