Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria (4876 Views)

Ekweremadu’s A Good Example For Nigerian Politicians —saraki / AU Accuses Buhari Of Setting A Bad Example For Africa’s Ruling Class / The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 28, 2013
ba7man: I totally approve of this message.

Thanks. wink
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 28, 2013
vicent eze: united ke, travel outside naija then you will be ashamed of being a naija...naija is a disgrace to humanity.

''Outside naija'' WHERE? Be specific. The world is a big place. Nigeria is a developing nation, like 80% of countries on earth. There is NOTHING to be ashamed about being a developing nation. Many of those places ''outside Naija'' are far worse than whatever you see in Nigeria, so cut the ''outside Naija'' CRAP. If you travel to Europe, U.S. etc and feel ''ashamed'' to be a Nigerian it is because you are an ignoramus with no sense of history, economics, and geopolitics, which are the main factors governing the development of states.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 5:34am On Dec 28, 2013
vicent eze: united ke, travel outside naija then you will be ashamed of being a naija...naija is a disgrace to humanity.

I'm sorry, but I have got to say something here. If you don't like what is going on, stop belly aching about it, and do something! Otherwise sit down and...

Do you even vote? Nothing burns me up more than someone who sits around and complains, but does not attempt to do something about the problems. You say Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity, yet don't say why, or even attempt to come up with solutions to said problems. People like you are a part of the problem. Make no mistake about that! Get up off your azz, and do something instead of sitting here complaining about it.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 5:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Sorry. I said I wouldn't comment on things I don't know about. I know what this is. I see this kind of person everyday. Apathetic, know-it-all, blow hard, keyboard jockeys with no backbone. Man it piss.es me off to no end!!
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2013
If Nigeria should break up (God forbid). In the republic of Odua, how will power sharing be easy between Ibadans and Ijebus, the power tussle between The Alaafin and Oni. The southern republic, an edo man will still continue to be a 'minority' where the Ijaws are the majority, how will power sharing arrangement be possible in that part of the world.

coming up north, lets say middle belt, will that end the love lost relationship between the Tivs and Idomas? what will be the fate of the Ebiras, Okuns in Kogi, will that solve the problem and cry of marginalisation?

I believe God has destined us to be one, we must always look for way to leverage on our differences to bring out the best in us, there is unity in our diversity.

Long live Nigeria. God bless Nigerians
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by Howmanage: 7:46am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly:

I'm sorry, but I have got to say something here. If you don't like what is going on, stop belly aching about it, and do something! Otherwise sit down and...

Do you even vote? Nothing burns me up more than someone who sits around and complains, but does not attempt to do something about the problems. You say Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity, yet don't say why, or even attempt to come up with solutions to said problems. People like you are a part of the problem. Make no mistake about that! Get up off your azz, and do something instead of sitting here complaining about it.

Really? undecided
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2013
texanomaly: Sorry. I said I wouldn't comment on things I don't know about. I know what this is. I see this kind of person everyday. Apathetic, know-it-all, blow hard, keyboard jockeys with no backbone. Man it piss.es me off to no end!!
Feel free to comment, don't allow that bully to get to you. The person that said you shouldn't comment on what you don't know has never been to Nigeria and only knows the country through what he reads on websites like this.
So there is basically no difference between the two of you. Feel free to speak your mind.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2013
collynzo2: Feel free to comment, don't allow that bully to get to you. The person that said you shouldn't comment on what you don't know has never been to Nigeria and only knows the country through what he reads on websites like this.
So there is no difference between the two of you. Feel free to speak your mind.

Thank you
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You can still be ''stuck in retardation in a [small] for nothing country that breeds hate and underdevelopment''. Just ask the Sierra Leonans, Liberians, Rwandans, Burundians and South Sudanese. (With the added indignities that come with smallness, such as regular foreign interference - any trouble and the UN sends in troops even without your permission).

Smallness does not guarantee positive outcomes. There is strength in numbers. Nigeria is destined to be a great nation if we steer clear of disintegration. The economy is booming, the middle class is expanding, poverty is reducing, military dictatorship is history, there is greater political stability, and we are witnessing a period of unprecedented investment in infrastructure - roads, rail, airports, with the country currently Africa's No 1 investment destination, with a GDP that's been growing at approximately 7% per annum since 2000, with most of the growth driven by diversification and the expansion of the non-oil sector. Income per capita has QUADRUPLED since 2000, with this economic growth rate projected to remain constant or increase over the next 30 years, effectively placing the country among the world's top 20 economies, and as Africa's No 1 economic and military superpower.

And then what do the idiots go and do...They go SPLIT UP THE COUNTRY.

Nahh... Not gonna happen.

Boko Haram killed how many people in total? 5,000? 10,000? Terrible numbers. But that doesn't approach the USA's annual murder rate. Hardly a reason to split a country of 170 million. For all the talk of the Nigerian ethnic groups ''having nothing in common'', it really is a load of hogwash. Millions of Nigerians of all ethnic hue interact daily in this country with no problems whatsoever, with inter-marriage at an all-time high.

So because less than 0.1% of them may engage in inter ethnic conflict, we must ''split up the country''??

Ridiculous.

NO, We will NOT split up. We have a DESTINY to fulfill to Africa. We will not split into little Gambias, Liberias, Togos, and Sierra Leones - easily pushed around by the world powers - because we were too cowardly, stupi.d, and impatient to face the task of nation-building and national development.

Thanks.

Rubbish from A-Z

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 10:41am On Dec 28, 2013
olawalebabs: If Nigeria should break up (God forbid). In the republic of Odua, how will power sharing be easy between Ibadans and Ijebus, the power tussle between The Alaafin and Oni.

I believe God has destined us to be one, we must always look for way to leverage on our differences to bring out the best in us, there is unity in our diversity.

Long live Nigeria. God bless Nigerians

Are Ijebu and Ibadan the only Oodua tribes? We have about 18 tribes and would be united as we are in Nigeria.

Wat reason does an Ijebu have to fight his brother from ijesa?

Alaafin and Ooni are the two Yoruba highest kings of equal rights and power there's no power tussle their argument was on Oranmiyan festival which Ooni was wrong in his arguments. Why can't Alaafin celebrate his ancestor and first king of his kingdom it's people who are just using them to debate on online forums like NL
Oodua nation would be headed by our able Alaafin and Ooni

Which God destined who Fredrick Lugard and his British folks are God now?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by vizboy(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2013
macof:

Rubbish from A-Z
what is the rubish in what he wrote.

Please do clear me.
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
vizboy: what is the rubish in what he wrote.

Please do clear me.

macof:

Rubbish from A-Z
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
I said it: when those that are against separation come out, those calling for secession will run away... #LOL
Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
macof:

Are Ijebu and Ibadan the only Oodua tribes? We have about 18 tribes and would be united as we are in Nigeria.

Wat reason does an Ijebu have to fight his brother from ijesa?

Alaafin and Ooni are the two Yoruba highest kings of equal rights and power there's no power tussle their argument was on Oranmiyan festival which Ooni was wrong in his arguments. Why can't Alaafin celebrate his ancestor and first king of his kingdom it's people who are just using them to debate on online forums like NL
Oodua nation would be headed by our able Alaafin and Ooni

Which God destined who Fredrick Lugard and his British folks are God now?
Same thing was said about South Sudan about how United they were this and that but today, they are killing themselves.
If blood brothers, husband and wife do quarrel, some go as far as killing, why do you really think people with multi ethnic will just live in peace.
People are United when the have a common enemy, when that enemy is absent, they become enemy of each other if things doesn't work out. For example the south South and South East are United today because they see the north as an enemy, vice versa. When the north is no more, the face each other, if things doesn't work like in most African countries due to corruption and greed, the become enemy of each other. Reason why the south Sudan us in crisis today, President from tribe A doesn't trust the vice president of tribe b. He accused the vice president of attempted coup. We will only be deceiving ourselves if we really think things will out well.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Claim Sudan As An Example For Nigeria by macof(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
la furia:
Same thing was said about South Sudan about how United they were this and that but today, they are killing themselves.
If blood brothers, husband and wife do quarrel, some go as far as killing, why do you really think people with multi ethnic will just live in peace.
People are United when the have a common enemy, when that enemy is absent, they become enemy of each other if things doesn't work out. For example the south South and South East are United today because they see the north as an enemy, vice versa. When the north is no more, the face each other, if things doesn't work like in most African countries due to corruption and greed, the become enemy of each other. Reason why the south Sudan us in crisis today, President from tribe A doesn't trust the vice president of tribe b. He accused the vice president of attempted coup. We will only be deceiving ourselves if we really think things will out well.

have South South and South east ever been together abeg don't use that to compare The Oodua people, We have a common interest and stronger ties than any other region, that is why War is not in our agenda because we know our land and those confused ones would be tosed away
As I've said we have over 18tribes that share a common origin, similar language, strong brotherhood, blessed land and glorious people. Even religion can't break the Yoruba brotherhood because almost every Yoruba has a relate as a Christian, Muslim and pagan.
There's nothing to fear in disintegration

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IN CASE OF EBOLA OUTBREAK ; Will You Support Nigeria To Help South Africa?Pix. / Breaking News: Muhammed Abacha Returns To APC In Kano / See What Liberian Man Posted Abt Buhari Daughter That Has Got People Talking(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.