Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (866046 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Dis is my trouser work,i made it for my baby girl,wil send d finished work tomorow.thanks Val.God bless u

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2015
Rocking my trouser today!!!!
couldn't find someone to take a full picture

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iceboo: 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
@efosa, is ur sewing machine promo still on. i want to direct sm1 to ur school. pls send me direction from oshodi.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Debzdee: 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rocked mine today as well with a sleeveless peplum top

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:22am On Mar 07, 2015
Chai.........my people I am so impressed with all your post.

I love the fact that you made it and rocked it.weldone ladies. I really like them all grin grin grin

Borgias:
Im so sorry ma 4 bringing u back, I hv bin following this thread quietly, I want 2 carry out dis project, pls hw many yards was used for the flare of this cloth. Cos im abt cutting my flare and my length is 33inches but its seems the 2 1/2 yards wont be enough

You did not post the picture of what you referring to
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iceboo: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Chai.........my people I am so impressed with all your post.

I love the fact that you made it and rocked it.weldone ladies. I really like them all grin grin grin

You did not post the picture of what you referring to
u ignored my question.. sad
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Borgias(f): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
The second

I was referring to this( d flare part of the gown), but I hv sewn it already, I ll post wen I wear it
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2015
Oh dear why would I ignore your question. If u think i did let me start by apologising. Am really sorry. Now its not so at all Check the time I posted that reply it was so late in the night after that post I was to post other things but just couldn't as nature took over and I had to sleep from then till now I am just coming back here again as a result of work and life .....no vex dear kiss

Now our promo don end since o.infact those that paid for the promo are rounding up the 3 months program this march and they have gone very far.their photo shoot will be on the 25 of this month by Gods grace to display on actual models their sewn projects.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2015
Oh dear why would I ignore your question. If u think i did let me start by apologising. Am really sorry. Now its not so at all Check the time I posted that reply it was so late in the night after that post I was to post other things but just couldn't as nature took over and I had to sleep from then till now I am just coming back here again as a result of work and life .....no vex dear kiss

Now our promo don end since o.infact those that paid for the promo are rounding up the 3 months program this march and they have gone very far.their photo shoot will be on the 25 of this month by Gods grace to display on actual models their sewn projects.

see some of them here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330528/fashion-school-pics-valisimo-fashion/6

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by zoborodo: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Tolukemi,kkjoy,nikky90 and mostly larex321 you guys are awesome.am so happy that you have started.weldone guys.

As for the band question,yes its gonnor have a band.will post that tomorrow.

Here is my mini skirt its actually made with my babys measurement.

For those who don't know how to fix zips yet,first join the two back pice together in the middle then flat open the seam and place ur zip in the middle. See pictures for more details
I want to learn about how to cut and sow skirts
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by zoborodo: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Next stage is to place my measurements on the specific areas needed. Since I am working with 4 it means my waist and hip will be divided into 4 also.

To get my crouch depth I measured 3 in on one part of the fabric and used length 13 inch then I link the two as if I am shaping arm whole.this is how I got the crouch depth
pls ineed more lessoN on peplum. My whatsapp is 08094688732
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by eneyi(f): 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
thanks @ Efosa. just joining the thread tho... very inspiring n helpful too. will join d class henceforth.

pls wat is ur bb channel pin?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
eneyi:
thanks @ Efosa. just joining the thread tho... very inspiring n helpful too. will join d class henceforth.

pls wat is ur bb channel pin?

So glad you joined us here grin.

You are welcome.
Our channel pin is - C002416AE

Our bb is 7904911C.

Join our Facebook page. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591053910972931&ref=bookmark

follow us on instagram https://instagram.com/valisimofashions/ and like our picture grin free of charge.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
I was interviewed yesterday by metro woman and I just had to rock my nice shokoto to the recording. It was inspired by this thread o. grin I wanted to look elegant ,stylish ,chick as well a sophisticated

So I went for a damask fabric.i picked this colour so as not to be too flashy but calm on set.i wanted a corral colour embroidery on it but those funny guys that did the tinko design on it didn't get the corral colour so they used red instead. So I paired it up with my lovely red shoe to give it that elegance. grin did my killer makeup as well as my lovely curly hair do to go with it.let me just say I turned heads when I walked into the studio yesterday shocked grin and it felt really good. I was actually asked to come with and extra costume as they thought what I would wear might not suit the production but soon as I stepped in they all agreed that I was dressed for it and didn't have to change. Also my makeup was on point that there was no need for touch up. grin

I must say at this point that they were all so nice to me I mean really nice.i know the way I was looking had some little part to play in it but hummmmmm for real their reception of me was overwhelming. I just bless god for making me meet all this lovely people just because I sew and I teach sewing. It's really been an experience for me so far.to you out there thinking when will I be this good .....my dear don't worry as long as u keep doing it u can only get better wink

12 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 6:03am On Mar 15, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
I was interviewed yesterday by metro woman and I just had to rock my nice shokoto to the recording. It was inspired by this thread o. grin I wanted to look elegant ,stylish ,chick as well a sophisticated

So I went for a damask fabric.i picked this colour so as not to be too flashy but calm on set.i wanted a corral colour embroidery on it but those funny guys that did the tinko design on it didn't get the corral colour so they used red instead. So I paired it up with my lovely red shoe to give it that elegance. grin did my killer makeup as well as my lovely curly hair do to go with it.let me just say I turned heads when I walked into the studio yesterday shocked grin and it felt really good. I was actually asked to come with and extra costume as they thought what I would wear might not suit the production but soon as I stepped in they all agreed that I was dressed for it and didn't have to change. Also my makeup was on point that there was no need for touch up. grin

I must say at this point that they were all so nice to me I mean really nice.i know the way I was looking had some little part to play in it but hummmmmm for real their reception of me was overwhelming. I just bless god for making me meet all this lovely people just because I sew and I teach sewing. It's really been an experience for me so far.to you out there thinking when will I be this good .....my dear don't worry as long as u keep doing it u can only get better wink
bless you ma'am, you're an inspiration!
the sky is ya starting point ijn...

5 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Patajun: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2015
Your gifts and kindness making ways for you. More to come bhg
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
Thanks so much people... grin really thanks wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Janeyinka(f): 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
may God bless u ma'am
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
Me after chrch today in my princess cut peplum top n trouser after serios troubleshooting as my evil village ppl couldnt succeed in making me overcut my trouser. God bless u val. can u imagin ....... my chrch ppl think im a pro now grin

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Efosaval, are you surprised? Very soon na CNN we go dey see you so! Congrats my sis, you have helped us well well. I will soon become active again. Got my trouser material, I shall sew it by fire, just been too busy. Chei! I miss the house o.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by creamynuela88: 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
@EFosaval u are a beautiful woman...

Just joining this thread as I prepare to fully start my lessons next week. I will be asking u lots of questions as am a JJC! So pls don't hesitate to reply them.

Now back to d beginning.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ClassyTins(f): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Thanks so much people... grin really thanks wink

Hi Valisimo, you have been doing a wonderful job here, i was going through something else when i stumbled over this thread and i took time to read from page 1 to 34 even though i read that some posts were missing its fun still. It happens to be that i create a little time for sewing too and would love to join this forum, i have seen some lovely styles here. Will start bringing out my fabrics for tutorials....... Good work all through i must confess.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 17, 2015
HELP A SISTER OUT

Thanks to Mummy Val and other instructors

I am sorry for taking us back to the basics. I can't hide it anymore. Yes, I have been following this thread and learnt a lot. I can make wonderful pieces now but there is it one uphill task and that is how to CUT AND FIX SLEEVES TO FIT INTO THE ARMHOLE. Please don't refer me to previous posts. I have gone through them nth times but I can't still get it to fit my armhole. My sleeveless fit perfectly without bulge around the bustline.

Please I would love another beginner's illustration starting from the measurements to drafting the pattern.

Thanks a lot. #gratefulsoul#
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
finally, my princess peplum top n trouser

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 12:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Kudos to you ma,more grace.Pls i need you to tutor me on aw to cut the sleeve of dis gown.I need to deliver the cloth on friday.Tanxz in advance

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
pls house, do you line your cutout fabric before u do the dart or you sew your dart before u sew the lining to the fabric?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ClassyTins(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
askj:
pls house, do you line your cutout fabric before u do the dart or you sew your dart before u sew the lining to the fabric?

Usually i sew my darts before fixing the lining.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Zikkie(f): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hi Efosaval, the thread seems to have slowed down drastically.. I just tried sewing a trouser for my girl and in confused about the fixing of zip in front. Could u pls explain?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Anistef: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2015
Gudmorning ma I'm so hapi to com across dis thread, I ws patient enuff to go trU Al d post frm 1 - 34 nd Indeed I've learnt a lot I'm Vry grateful Mrs Val
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Good day ma,pls i need u to tutor me on how to cut the sleeve of this pic.Tanxz in advance ma.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
The back is easier all I did is place that my 21 for the back on fold then add allowance for zip on one side and add side seam allowance on the other side

then I marked out where my dart be.
The picture below shows it all.

Please how do you determine where to place your back dart. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
The back is easier all I did is place that my 21 for the back on fold then add allowance for zip on one side and add side seam allowance on the other side

then I marked out where my dart will be.
The picture below shows it all.

Please how do you determine where to place your back dart? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.