Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859517 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 4:37am On Apr 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Oh yes .we can go now grin grin

[size=16pt]MINI DRESS LESSON
[/size]
to make this style this are the things you require

Fabric white (1 yard plus).
and any other colour for combination (1 yard)
Fabric type - I am going for duchess
You can use trouser material for it another option is raw silk, linen, cotton fabric as well.

You need zip.
matching thread

brown paper if you not too sure of your cutting skills

My Measurement areas for this mini dress is
(I expect you to use yours)

Across shoulder 16
Neck 8
Sleeve 4Bust 42
Waist 36
Hip 44
length 35

Pls ma how did u come abt d neck measurement?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 02, 2015
thanks madam efosa , am in
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
blessedqueen:

Pls ma how did u come abt d neck measurement?

Measure from your shoulder down
It's the depth of the neck.

Yep finally got my fabric today grin by God's grace I should cut it tomorrow.

For all the am in...s I hope to see your made projects o...not just I am in biko grin

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Measure from your shoulder down
It's the depth of the neck.

Yep finally got my fabric today grin by God's grace I should cut it tomorrow.

For all the am in...s I hope to see your made projects o...not just I am in biko grin

so go get your fabrics tomorrow

OK thanks ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Oh yes .we can go now grin grin
[size=16pt]MINI DRESS LESSON
[/size]
to make this style this are the things you require
Fabric white (1 yard plus).
and any other colour for combination (1 yard)
Fabric type - I am going for duchess
You can use trouser material for it another option is raw silk, linen, cotton fabric as well.
You need zip.
matching thread
brown paper if you not too sure of your cutting skills
My Measurement areas for this mini dress is
(I expect you to use yours)
Across shoulder 16
Neck 8
Sleeve 4
Bust 42
Waist 36
Hip 44
length 35

If you look at the dress closely you will see that the dress is a little free.this means you will add a little to the measurement.the most biggest part is the hip so I will add to that first.also because the dress has colour blocks I must factor this into my cutting too.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by juney(f): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
smileywao so happy an in at last after a very lkng time, thanks madam val.. God bless you plentifully. .. smileywao so happy an in at last after a very lkng time, thanks madam val.. God bless you plentifully. ..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:33am On Apr 03, 2015
Thanks so much sis. wink

I can separate the 3 cuts (the white neck area.the meddle part with yellow and the white part for the hip area) and then put them together one after the other or I join the fabric from the beginning before I cut out the neck and arm hole area on the dress.

The dress is an A shaped mini dress
Now going back to my measurement i intend adding 2 inch to my bust 42 +2 =44
my hip is 44, I want to add 4 inch to the hip .44+4=48

So new bust is 44 hip is 48.you will notice that I didn't talk about the waist that's because it's not needed for this style.the waist is not fitted. We would add a large pocket to that area.

The length I said is 35.but think i want to add more to that so i have a good proportion. So my new length is 38.

Now its this new length 38 that I would divide into 3 in such a way that the divided pieces must all have seam allowance to join them back to each other. This way It wouldn't affect my desired length of 38

So first white would be 8 by length + 1.5 for seam
Second yellow would 17 by length +1.5 for seam
The third white would be 13 by length +1.5 for seam.

Next step I join all the 3 piece together in readiness to cut my front and back block.

Am so sleepy now will continue tomorrow by God's grace wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
I couldn't resist it I had to make two colours grin

Good day people.

Stage one completed wink
In pictures you see how I cut it out on the yellow
while on the lemon I proceeded to join them together.
Now time to cut front and back plus sleeve.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
helo evry1 in d house. pls I'm new to sewing, just stated learning late January. pls madam efosaval hw can I get your note, I reside in ekiti state and he much all it cos me. u re doing a great Job here.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kamkumkaf(f): 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hi all ... Av been following dx thread and av gained a lot but just joined Nairaland. Good work Mam Efosa May d Gracious Lord continue to bestow u wt more knowledge. Please Ma can u share ur Bbm pin?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Diijah: 1:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Hi guys! I was thinking yesterday about what it really takes to start a clothing line. So I did my research but there was hardly anything relating to nigeria, if you get what I mean. No manufacturers or whatever embarassed So if there's anyone that has ideas about how to go about it in Nigeria... any pointers. Anything will be helpful and appreciated . Thanks guys! smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
ayolight:
helo evry1 in d house. pls I'm new to sewing, just stated learning late January. pls madam efosaval hw can I get your note, I reside in ekiti state and he much all it cos me. u re doing a great Job here.

grin grin I actually don't have a note o . never needed one to teach any topic. I usually explain it on the go. So many people have suggested I write a book on it but am too busy to settle myself down to write. One day thou I pray I will get round to it. wink

Kamkumkaf my pin is 7904911C.
wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
Diijah:
Hi guys! I was thinking yesterday about what it really takes to start a clothing line. So I did my research but there was hardly anything relating to nigeria, if you get what I mean. No manufacturers or whatever embarassed So if there's anyone that has ideas about how to go about it in Nigeria... any pointers. Anything will be helpful and appreciated . Thanks guys! smiley

Call 08096577157 let's talk
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Next I fold my fabric in 4.( front block into 2, back block into 2 )

Remember the hip is 48 now
To get my 4 folds I will have 48÷4 =12 + seam allowance.

Fabric still on hold, I Shape out shoulder 8, my neck depth ,4 for the round part 3.5 for the V part of the neck leading to the yellow, that's 7.5 the last half is for seam making it a total of 8 . arm hole 8

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by purplestreaks: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
My fabric. It's called polish cotton where I stay. It has a lil bit of stretch. White and mint green.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice. wink keep the progress post coming in
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by temmytayur(f): 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house I salute Madam Efosa for the selfless work she's been doing may God be with you in all your endeavours.Amen that's my trouser project rocked it today
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by temmytayur(f): 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
the trouser

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by temmytayur(f): 8:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
though I had a problem with the flap it isn't firm
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:55am On Apr 05, 2015
Oh cool . really nice cheesy I hope you do this present project too

[size=16pt]Diagram instructions[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Using the diagram to explain what I cut.

K-B is my hip 48 +seam on 4 folds
so my single K-B =12 + 2=14

H-C is where the first white ends it's my upper bust line it's there I have my bust 44 placed on 4 fold
That means my single H-C after shaping will be 11 +2 =13.

H-F is my arm hole also at 8 .my shoulder slope F-G -D is 1 inch.

G-J is where I will fix my sleeve.

F-A is my across shoulder 16 ÷2 =8

D-A is 3.5 out of the F-A 8

A-E is the round part of the neck or neck depth I made it 4.while the V part of the neck which come from E-C is 3.5

To get the V part well study DAEC well.
Now on D-E subtract 1 inch from the E part.making the E move backwards.from the new E link it to C.
There you go.you got a perfect V for your neck.

For the back
it's going to have a zip
Which I added to the seam allowance already.thats why it my KB became 14 instead of 12.
So the neck side of my back block I mark out 1 inch for zip. Then I lower my A by 1.5 for the neck at the back

shocked Feeeeeewwwwww some would say .

grin but If you are patient enough to read this pattern then you will understand it very clearly. Just make sure you relate my instructions to the diagram to get the picture clear.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jenonye(f): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Using the diagram to explain what I cut.

K-B is my hip 48 +seam on 4 folds
so my single K-B =12 + 2=14

H-C is where the first white ends it's my upper bust line it's there I have my bust 44 placed on 4 fold
That means my single H-C after shaping will be 11 +2 =13.

H-F is my arm hole also at 8 .my shoulder slope F-G -D is 1 inch.

G-J is where I will fix my sleeve.

F-A is my across shoulder 16 ÷2 =8

D-A is 3.5 out of the F-A 8

A-E is the round part of the neck or neck depth I made it 4.while the V part of the neck which come from E-C is 3.5

To get the V part well study DAEC well.
Now on D-E subtract 1 inch from the E part.making the E move backwards.from the new E link it to C.
There you go.you got a perfect V for your neck.

For the back
it's going to have a zip
Which I added to the seam allowance already.thats why it my KB became 14 instead of 12.
So the neck side of my back block I mark out 1 inch for zip. Then I lower my A by 1.5 for the neck at the back

shocked Feeeeeewwwwww some would say .

grin but If you are patient enough to read this pattern then you will understand it very clearly. Just make sure you relate my instructions to the diagram to get the picture clear.

From my understanding,you are draftingg out both the front and back togtr. That's a little bit confusing. But let's see I myt understand better when you start cutting
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
You also need facing to turn the neck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Here is my work in progress. I have cut out and joined the shoulder together.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=EFOSAVAL post=32342457]

grin grin I actually don't have a note o . never needed one to teach any topic. I usually explain it on the go. So many people have suggested I write a book on it but am too busy to settle myself down to write. One day thou I pray I will get round to it. wink

Kamkumkaf my pin is 7904911C.
wink[/quote
k. tnks I ll follow and learn. weldon ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Fahiza: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Madam Efosa thanks for this thread, its been very encouraging
last week i made a pair of trousers for the first time for a client and she was really impressed. I don't usually post pictures cos i am very big, but now i am encouraged, i may start soon. I got the book, thanks. Now there is no stopping me
grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Awww ayolight and fahiza grin thanks so much am also glad you got the book. It's folks like you guys that simply encourage me too to do more.
I hope we all enjoyed our holidays. I trust you made something new for your self during this break. As for this project kindly post pictures of your progress and relevant questions so we all share and learn wink

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
grin cheesy grin all my am in people in the house I salute o. Where are your practicals na cheesy please post so we see where u have gotten to wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sorry I haven't ironed it out yet.the sleeve is not there yet and I haven't sown the hem line too.this one will not have pockets as my half yard of lemon green fabric was the last one at the fabric store where I got it (i am freck for green and lemon shades that's why I couldn't resist it )so I don't have enough to make the pockets.

But the yellow one will have it since I have enough.

How about yours? cheesy

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TDlook: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello house. This is my first comment on this thread though I have been following d thread since the beginning. I must commend the selfless efforts of Madam EfosaVal. I am a designer planning to create a line of sewing patterns that interested sewers can download for a fee. These patterns will come in different sizes and have sewing instructions.This pattern line will include dresses, tops and bottoms one can mix n match. So I would like to know if anyone here would be interested in such a service? Thanks. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Madam efosa, I m sorry to go off the rail a bit.

8 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
grin oh dear not at all.its a welcomed idea . congratulations to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.