Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858399 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
On zone 1 the shoulder point You can make the sleeve u want to insert at this point fitted or with volumes.

eg Puff sleeve and bishop sleeve

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Some times the sleeve may not cover the entire arm hole space.

like a cap sleeve.
The sleeve in this diagram starts in zone 1 and ends in zone 2.it did not get to zone 3.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
So far we have looked at the arm hole, also how to cut it also what u can fix into the arm hole now lets look at lowering the arm hole incase it's too tight.the diagram below shows how to. Please note that the more you lower the arm hole to the bust area the bigger the arm hole space will be.

You can get this by using a designers curve

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
We are done with the arm hole area.Now its time for the sleeve.
I told you earlier that the sleeve measurement is in two ways
1) measurement by length - eg cap sleeve length, short length,3 quarter length, full length.

2) measurement by circumference. This is simply taking the measurement round the arm to get how fitted or loose it will be on the hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetseth: 12:28am On Apr 22, 2015
Boss welcome back, now I understand fully the arm hole. I can't wait to hear from you on d sleeves thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kamkumkaf(f): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2015
You r so sweet Ma.. A teacher likke yyours is Rare here on Earth. U take ur time to impact knowledge to others in a way dat is understandable..God Bless
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
Weldone ma,we are here nau ma.thanks and God bless
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by okikiola14: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
ma'am efosa tanks the explaination on arm hole is well understood looking forward to see the sleeve.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wow dats breathtaking illustration.. God bless u ma for d service
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=EFOSAVAL post=32972214]Some times the sleeve may not cover the entire arm hole space.

like a cap sleeve.
The sleeve in this diagram starts in zone 1 and ends in zone 2.it did not get to zone 3.

I was making a blouse dis aftanun when fixing the sleeve I discover that d arm hole is wider than wat I have as the sleeve wic made me manouver the sleeve to get wat I want, pls ma hw can I prevent this typpe of mistake frm occuring nex tym?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
weldone mas. pls someone shud attend to my question nw. I said do u guys ve a link dat can help me if I wnt to start dealing in sowing materials and other sowing equipments. like wholesale stuffs. God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
God bless u ma,May d almighty God bless n expand ur coast.I see greater things ahead of u.u are appreciated.God will spare u n ur family frm d hands of ur enemy.if u knw hw much u ve bless me eeehn?God bless u ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by aishat123: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Welldone ma am jst new here
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by aishat123: 9:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Welldone ma am jst new here vii
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Thanks to every one. cheesy I am personally happy that you under standard the tutorials so far.honestly it's been the grace of God all along. I would have wanted to continue the sleeve now but Lagos traffic dealt with me so much today that all I can do now is to sleep. Please bear with me .soon as I have some time tomorrow I will send in my post on sleeve. thanks

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by eneyi(f): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
hello house, pls if i want to buy d designer's/pattern/french curve set, where can i get & how much?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Sleep well ma,sweet dreams,see u tomorrow kiss

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ibironkesarah(f): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2015
Great job @Valisimos fashion. Honestly speaking, i'm impressed with all your works. this is my first time on your page and am impressed already with wat I saw. Please I want to enrol but I work from mon to sat. How can you help me out?. my mail. ibironkesarah@gmail.com
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Beedaniels: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Great teachings and kudos to you.i would appreciate if you can teach on this form how to make a perfect bustier using bust cut or princess cut.been looking for an avenue to learn this fora while.thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Rita41(f): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Woow I just realised you are my bday mate maa, mmmm in feeling so fly happy bday in areas, and God bless you, I follow u wella, well don ma,
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nice one good to know cheesy

Hope u all had a blessed week.

So far no questions on the arm hole.i believe it's clear enough. Now we have established the fact that we take the measurement for sleeve by the desired length and desired circumference next let's see how to shape
the cap area of the sleeve,
the mid area and
the arm pit part of a sleeve

As it will be placed in the arm hole

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Sleeve are generally in two forms.its either it's fitted to the arm or its with volumes

The brown paper one is the fitted one it can be short midium or long.the arm area is usually fitted to the body this means the easy allowance for this style wouldn't be much at all like 1.5 extra to what ever the circumference measurement is. Also notice the armpit area is not deep at all.its light like 2 or 3 inches.
The length from the cap area of this type of sleeves usually would fit into the arm hole without remaining extra to pleat or gather.
This type of sleeves are found on shirts. Some female tops too have it.

The second is the volume type of sleeves. See how deep down the armpit area is . unlike the other fitted sleeve this one is usually cut out bigger that the actual arm hole then the left over is pleated or gathered either up on the shoulder area or around the arm hole

There is something we call the Slope in sleeves. It's mostly represented as S.i will show how to create your slope also we would see how the slope affects the shape of the sleeve

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Following ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 11:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Am following u well ma,thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ibironkesarah(f): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2015
Good job ma, God Bless you
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sweetseth: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Oh av missed class o . Boss am all ears. Av joined my top remaining d sleeves
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
God bless you greatly Madam Efosaval
...I abandoned a gown I was trying to sew all because of sleeve,i can now continue.All thanks to you ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
grin grin woo cool
Am so happy this is helpful somehow grin

I just thank God for making me meet you guys here.i don't take any of this for granted at all.thanks for letting me be a part of your journey in fashion designing.as long as you don't stop improving, one day u will see that you will be living your dream. wink

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Now to get the slope on our sleeve

The slope is the space from the cap area to the under arm

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
1) First measure the desired length by the circumference.
2) Cut out your length by the circumference plus seam allowance. This is the time to consider if the sleeve will be fitted or with volume .It will affect the way you cut the slope.

It should look like this. With the cap area, under arm area or armpit part, hand area.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
kissIn fact! U are God sent ma

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Adebolade(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=teimilawlar post=32763803]i love this [/quote). Pls can I get ur past question on biology courses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.