Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859505 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
First Picture up is how u measure the wideness of the sleeve note that it must be on fold for front and back
. The second is how u get the length.

Now locate the center of the folded circumference
It's through that centre that we would curve the cap area and the under arm part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Now on The length area is also the under arm area.next you link it up to your cap area.
The more you go down on the length the more you will raise the cap area.the longer your slope will be which would enable volume around On the shoulder or around the arm hole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Spread open you should have this

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Sleeve lengths from Helen Armstrongs book on pattern drafting which by the way I have for sale plus DVD . Please call or contact me on whatsapp 08096577157 . I will not be able to tell you the price here so nairaland admine does not ban me again like they have been doing lately grin

Also May registration is on with 10k discount on fees at valisimo fashion school come join me in class so I explain more to u wink call or whatsapp for more details wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
God bless u ma,MUA

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Thank u so much ma,for taking ur time to teach dis clear.God wil bless and enlarge ur coast in Jesus name
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
Im richly blest! This sleve thing was a major ish to me. See now GODWIN! Madam Val, u shal live long.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Sleeve lengths from Helen Armstrongs book on pattern drafting which by the way I have for sale plus DVD . Please call or contact me on whatsapp 08096577157 . I will not be able to tell you the price here so nairaland admine does not ban me again like they have been doing lately grin

Also May registration is on with 10k discount on fees at valisimo fashion school come join me in class so I explain more to u wink call or whatsapp for more details wink
madam efosa weldone ma. pls ve been asking u for a favour but I got no reply. I wish nd ve interest in dealing in sewing materials and equipment in wholesale. do u ve a link dat can help me. I ll appreciate any help. God bless u.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:39am On May 01, 2015
Oh dear.i saw the question but I assumed it was a general questions so was hoping someone would answer you.

Please kindly send me a whatsapp 08096577157
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:43am On May 01, 2015
winie:
Im richly blest! This sleve thing was a major ish to me. See now GODWIN! Madam Val, u shal live long.

God Win true true grin. Thanks every one.
I am going to be very busy working on our new project.its called sisi Valisimo it's our beauty/cosmetic line.that would be Valisimos third business. First was the Fashion house then the Fashion School and now the Makeup /Beauty studio. It's been God all along.i thank him every day for giving me a good team to work with because there is only so much a person can do. My team see the vision I see too that's why they all help to make it work.for this I am grateful.
Imaging a client brings an outfit to sew at Valisimo and on the day of collection she dresses up from our makeup studio to the event.....yes thats how our brand will operate hence forth.
The makeup studio will be by God's grace a place for total beauty such as Hair salon ,makeup application for brides and special occasions, nails/ lash fixing, waxing ,Spa etc. We will sell high end cosmetic products such as powereds concealers lipsticks lip gloss eye shadows human hair etc and yes we will have a standard makeup academy for interested people. Dear nairaland.
I present my third baby to you sisi Valisimo.

16 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cheries: 3:54pm On May 01, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

God Win true true grin. Thanks every one.
I am going to be very busy working on our new project.its called sisi Valisimo it's our beauty/cosmetic line.that would be Valisimos third business. First was the Fashion house then the Fashion School and now the Makeup /Beauty studio. It's been God all along.i thank him every day for giving me a good team to work with because there is only so much a person can do. My team see the vision I see too that's why they all help to make it work.for this I am grateful.
Imaging a client brings an outfit to sew at Valisimo and on the day of collection she dresses up from our makeup studio to the event.....yes thats how our brand will operate hence forth.
The makeup studio will be by God's grace a place for total beauty such as Hair salon ,makeup application for brides and special occasions, nails/ lash fixing, waxing ,Spa etc. We will sell high end cosmetic products such as powereds concealers lipsticks lip gloss eye shadows human hair etc and yes we will have a standard makeup academy for interested people. Dear nairaland.
I present my third baby to you sisi Valisimo.
Congratulations ma. .....

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by arewaangel(f): 8:56pm On May 01, 2015
Congratulations ma.Welcome Sisi Valisimo.More sales and progress in Jesus name.congrats once again
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by okikiola14: 7:48am On May 02, 2015
if i make to make full or fluffy puff with the sleeve measurement nd diagram u gave me hw many seam allowances will i add to the normal measurement.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by okikiola14: 7:49am On May 02, 2015
if i want to make full or fluffy puff with the sleeve measurement nd diagram u gave me hw many seam allowances will i add to the normal measurement.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 4:04pm On May 03, 2015
:DD sky is your starting point
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Fahiza: 6:34pm On May 03, 2015
@ayolight what kind of materials are u interested in selling? Where are you based? I may be of assistance to you
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:04am On May 04, 2015
Thanks every one. cheesy

okikiola14:
if i want to make full or fluffy puff with the sleeve measurement nd diagram u gave me hw many seam allowances will i add to the normal measurement.

Ok the simple rule is that the more you increase the width of the arm the more puffs you will have at the end

this brings us to methods in pattern drafting called slash and spread.

The slash and spread method helps us to convert a basic sleeve or straight sleeve into volume ones such as pleats gathers and sometimes flea cuts.the process enables you to add you dished increase to create fullness.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:24am On May 04, 2015
Here is another type of sleeve.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by prettyamebo: 1:18pm On May 04, 2015
pls i urgently need help on how to cut an off shoulder blouse. pls oh! it's urgent. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by okikiola14: 2:02pm On May 04, 2015
tanxx maam efosa am blessed wt d explaination on puffs i wil flaunt my dress soon.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:12pm On May 04, 2015
okikiola14:
tanxx maam efosa am blessed wt d explaination on puffs i wil flaunt my dress soon.

Cool

Others in the house kindly post stuffs you have made on the sleeves as well.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:07am On May 06, 2015
prettyamebo:
pls i urgently need help on how to cut an off shoulder blouse. pls oh! it's urgent. thanks.

Ok

[size=18pt]Off shoulder explanation[/size]

Measurements areas needed.
Neck depth
Sleeve length from shoulder down /circumference- round
bust
under bust
Point to point or bust apart like some call it.
Waist
hip

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 7:46am On May 06, 2015
What ever u get as your hip divide that into 2 for front block bodice and back block bodice.

Length
On the length you can take the length full from shoulder to the desired length as if you want to cut it with shoulder, then later you deduct the area u want to cut out on the chest.

The second way is to deduct the area you want to cut out before cutting it. This means on like the other that u started from the shoulder down this one you will start from the neck down.

On the front and back block add Seam allowance and place your material on fold in readiness to cut the neck and armpit area.

[size=14pt]Neck part[/size]
On the neck part you determine how low and how wide you want the neck to be before cutting it. Don't forget seam allowance

Then you use your measurement to shape out the bust waist and hip.

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by prettyamebo: 10:56am On May 06, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
What ever u get as your hip divide that into 2 for front block bodice and back block bodice.

Length
On the length you can take the length full from shoulder to the desired length as if you want to cut it with shoulder, then later you deduct the area u want to cut out on the chest.

The second way is to deduct the area you want to cut out before cutting it. This means on like the other that u started from the shoulder down this one you will start from the neck down.

On the front and back block add Seam allowance and place your material on fold in readiness to cut the neck and armpit area.

[size=14pt]Neck part[/size]
On the neck part you determine how low and how wide you want the neck to be before cutting it. Don't forget seam allowance

Then you use your measurement to shape out the bust waist and hip.
. Thanks ma. I really appreciate. More Blessings.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:44pm On May 06, 2015
Here is a diagram of how u can cut It the off shoulder with shoulder first like a regular blouse then later u cut out the sleeve through the neck and armpit area to format the off shoulder.

The second diagram shows how you can deduct the unwanted shoulder area by going straight to cut out the neck and armpit area off.

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:53pm On May 06, 2015
After joining we would have some thing like this.
You can then add your sleeve

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:59pm On May 06, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ladyju(f): 3:14pm On May 06, 2015
Wow! Thank u ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jumaisha(f): 6:13pm On May 06, 2015
Hello madam Val. I really love and appreciate your efforts since the beginning of this tutorial. I just finished going tru it from 1st post to the last one now although I missed those that were removed but I still gained one or two things. You have really proved to us that, you are someone who is interested in seeing another person progressing. You weren't paid for this and you still find time to explain it in details. May you be rewarded abundantly. You will continue to remain ahead and not behind in your business ijn.I also pray that God will bless the efforts of all who have involved in this trend Amen.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jumaisha(f): 6:34pm On May 06, 2015
Have been having problems with my sleeve and cutting of trousers and have searched for lot of tutorials online but i still dnt get it. I have even wasted money, data and time browsing all day searching for things like dis bt cudn't find better one. Have even tried cutting the set in sleeve style" the one in which the cutting of the back and the front armhole won't be the same" but I cudn't get it so i decided to leave it. Thank God that sent you to us to shed more light. I will try and lay my hands on the trouser and as for the sleeve, I will need you to explain better on how to determine the cap height. The picture of the sleeve you posted is diff from the one you drafted "I mean d slope". As for the one u drafted, is d slope descending by 1", 2".........thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by adeadedoyin(f): 7:54pm On May 06, 2015
U are worthy of thanks,I don't even know what to say.God bleSs u ma kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.