Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858665 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Monis23: 8:42pm On May 06, 2015
Thanks a lot ma'am Val. But pls I need help on how to cut trousers. I didn't get to read the post wen u treated that. Also,cutting of jackets have bin a great ish for me. I do really need your assistance. Thanks so much
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 10:25pm On May 06, 2015
hello everyone ..... ma efosal please what can i do to a blouse(padded) dat is short in lenght...please i need d ans urgently...anyone in d house can help too. thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ayolight(f): 10:06am On May 08, 2015
Fahiza:
@ayolight what kind of materials are u interested in selling? Where are you based? I may be of assistance to you
I'm based in ekiti state. I'm interested in sowing materials nd equipments tnks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bilinto: 3:31pm On May 08, 2015
ma'am efosa, ure the best for explaining all this, just join this trend and iv tried to read all ur post, you are just too much, iv chatted with u on whatsapp some time but cos of money i cudnt make it. but seeing this now, im really happy. may God almight bless u bountifully.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bilinto: 3:34pm On May 08, 2015
i wil try evrything u hav posted nd wil definately tell the world about u.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ikoyila: 11:17am On May 10, 2015
EFOSTIC babe, God wil continue to enlarge ur coast. like criusli u r really tryin, got to knw abt dis thread 4m dt facebook page.. not easy @all to do dis comprehensive nd intensive teachin, i mean typin it.. more power to ur hands MY OGA. les i forget, guys in d house>>she deserve an award
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by aishat123: 2:14pm On May 10, 2015
God will continue to strengthen u ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mynasAdorable: 6:00pm On May 10, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Here is another type of sleeve.

Good day Efosa! Thanks for ur knowledge u spreadin hre, I rly av learnt a lot and I appreciate u for dat. God bless u.
Pls I would like u to elaborate more on cutting the pattern of this type of sleeve. Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:57pm On May 10, 2015
Monis23:
Thanks a lot ma'am Val. But pls I need help on how to cut trousers. I didn't get to read the post wen u treated that. Also,cutting of jackets have bin a great ish for me. I do really need your assistance. Thanks so much

Thanks so much but kindly go back on the pages I have treated the trouser topic here b4.
As for the jacket I have also done it b4
If I can find the page I will quote it here
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:38pm On May 10, 2015
ikoyila:
EFOSTIC babe, God wil continue to enlarge ur coast. like criusli u r really tryin, got to knw abt dis thread 4m dt facebook page.. not easy @all to do dis comprehensive nd intensive teachin, i mean typin it.. more power to ur hands MY OGA. les i forget, guys in d house>>she deserve an award

shocked Woooo grin I am humbled
Thanks so much
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:41pm On May 10, 2015
bilinto:
ma'am efosa, ure the best for explaining all this, just join this trend and iv tried to read all ur post, you are just too much, iv chatted with u on whatsapp some time but cos of money i cudnt make it. but seeing this now, im really happy. may God almight bless u bountifully.

Amen o grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:44pm On May 10, 2015
mynasAdorable:

Good day Efosa! Thanks for ur knowledge u spreadin hre, I rly av learnt a lot and I appreciate u for dat. God bless u.
Pls I would like u to elaborate more on cutting the pattern of this type of sleeve. Thanks

Thanks but what type of sleeve are u talking of
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:53am On May 11, 2015
smiley

[size=24pt] Let's Sew This Simple Dress[/size]

Hi everyone. So I just explained this style to a group on Facebook and thought to share it with you here too. Please feel free to ask any questions

You can do this your self. grin

The first sketch is the style analysis. It shows the total cuts joined together as seen in the picture.

The next 2 shows how the front is cut out.
The one labelled left side has the false pocket parch design and buttons on it.

The second side labelled right side can be cut in two ways.
1) you can cut it as a full front pattern, where the cut extends to the left side.

2) the second way is to cut and join the cut to the left side to complete the full block for the front pattern

What you need to sew this dress.

Depending on your size at least 2 yards
Zip
Thread
Big Buttons

Measurement areas needed

Shoulder =
Neck =
Sleeve length= /circumference
Bust =
Waist=
Hip =
Length=

Place fabric on fold while you cut.
Don't forget to add seam allowance to your measurement for joining when you cut.

Happy sewing.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by sumbzie: 12:29pm On May 11, 2015
​G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊G̲̣̣̣̥ every1. This is my first time of commenting on this thread. I just finished going through the posts from the beginning till this page. Mrs Efosa has really done well. You dont know how much u've helped us with ur online teaching. May Allah grant all your heart desires and bless you abundantly. It's very rare to see some1 th@ wl go to this extent to teach sewing online for free. I've als learnt from u th@ the more u gv w@ u are blessed wt to people the more u gt blessed from God. Just keep it up!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by trevolady(f): 2:23pm On May 11, 2015
Hello efosaval,this my 1st time of commentin on dis thread,av bin a ghost reader all along.God bless u greatly for ur selfless service to a whole lot of people out there.

I'v been tempted so many times to pop in n say hello to you each time I pass 2ru ur fashion school grin,I so wish to do dat one day! cool

Pls throw more light on how to join the front pieces and also how to cut and fix the pocket.Is the front part overlaping on each otherthank u ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ibironkesarah(f): 4:14pm On May 11, 2015
Madam Efosaval
Well done. Please throw more light on how to pattern the front bodice .... I mean how to bring out the curves .
God Bless and enlarge ur coast IJN.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:54pm On May 11, 2015
Thanks every one honestly I find joy doing this and so I never think about it as difficult or feel I should get paid here grin

As for those questions hopefully by tomorrow after work I will post more stuffs on the dress

Remember this sew along dress I finally rocked mine out today.hope you did it too.if you didn't do it then you need to try it. wink you can have it as white and any other colour.infact i have two of the same style. With pocket variation
its so simple and very casual .the style would natiraly make u look good trust me grin cheesy
for the tutorials kindly go back to the last practical before sleeve for it.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ungie: 11:06pm On May 11, 2015
Madam efosa...God will continue to strengthen you more and more and also bless and reward you...
Pls ma I do I go about sewing a tube blouse. The igbo style blouse
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by askj(f): 11:19pm On May 11, 2015
Helo evryone n thumbs up to val for making me improve daily at dressmaking. Heres my own cut n paste version of d dress.

10 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kemmy06(f): 3:21pm On May 12, 2015
hello madam valisimo,i do apperciate your effort,it take a God grace for someone to be doing this kind of job without charging.God Almighty bless you in your dealings.i beg the style u drafted how did u determine the curve and how many inch do i need to measure?thanks God bless you all
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 12, 2015
Hello house and thanks to EFOSALVAL for all the tutorials.
Please which is the best industrial machine and how much can I get one? Tnks all

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 12, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Thanks so much but kindly go back on the pages I have treated the trouser topic here b4.
As for the jacket I have also done it b4
If I can find the page I will quote it here

I think that the jacket tutorials went with the nairaland last year tsunami. So if you don't mind can that be our next project? Thanks so much!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 12, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

Thanks but what type of sleeve are u talking of
I guess she is talking about the petal sleeve.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 8:37pm On May 12, 2015
juicypetal:

I think that the jacket tutorials went with the nairaland last year tsunami. So if you don't mind can that be our next project? Thanks so much!
CHECK DIS LINK FOR JACKET TUTORIAL BY MADAM EFOSA.
www.nairaland.com/1273492/sew-along-thread-sewing-enthusiasts/22

TNX
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Yemiolads(f): 11:04am On May 13, 2015
Have you been dealing with a nasty case of pimples? Read this: http://opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/beauty-talk-what-to-do-about-that-pesky.html
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by debbydominic(f): 3:36pm On May 13, 2015
please ma'am,how do i cut the sleeve of this off shoulder blouse.God bless you.

EFOSAVAL:
After joining we would have some thing like this.
You can then add your sleeve
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by debbydominic(f): 3:37pm On May 13, 2015
please how do i cut the sleeves of the off shoulder blouse?Thanks

EFOSAVAL:
grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ibironkesarah(f): 5:53pm On May 13, 2015
Madam Efosa
Gud evening
You haven't upload the front bodice pattern of the gown uploaded some days ago... I mean how to bring out the curves.
Thanks and God Bless
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 13, 2015
noncy21:
CHECK DIS LINK FOR JACKET TUTORIAL BY MADAM EFOSA.
www.nairaland.com/1273492/sew-along-thread-sewing-enthusiasts/22

TNX
Thanks dear noncyz1 and to madam EFOSAVAL the sky is your starting point. Bigger and better you I pray for all your selfless and elaborate tutorials. Remain blessed!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Orotsekor: 9:08pm On May 13, 2015
We are very grateful ma.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by OLUPUMMY(f): 9:05am On May 14, 2015
Morning ma, this is my first comment and I really enjoy ur online training. Honestly this is really nice
and God will continue to bless u. I ve really miss a lot, b'cos I ve spent so much time trying to find online training for fashion design untill yesterday. I luv fashion design but d cost of learning it is d problem but with this online training I'm really happy. Thank u so much ma.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Fahiza: 7:26pm On May 14, 2015
@Ayolight, i am based in ph and i deal in bale fabric. I could waybill some if you are interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.