Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (34240 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
??.

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by lifestyle1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
scipher:
wow.. good to know you routed all the provinces in the country to confirm this things... smh

how many state fit bost the things wey i list above ? undecided

Truth be told south africa no be 9ja mate.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
scipher:
wow.. good to know you routed all the provinces in the country to confirm this things... smh
South Africa is the same, from Limpopo to western cape.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
life_style:

Power was regular - i did not hear generator's noise- was strange to me.

I no see pot holes for road.

All the traffic light they work.

There was no rush on the road, every body they drive normally.

GPS they work in case you want to drive around.

There was varieties of food.

And above all - their ladies are all endowed. one babe even chike me sef but i be pastor pikin grin

mandela died a day before i left. cry

Your wonderful experience is laughable looking at what you listed which are mere necessities. I was expecting something like hiking with a pretty lady out on the mountain side, dining, eatery and partying. Jeez! I can't imagine somebody calling driving on a road without pot holes a wonderful experience. You are one of the reasons why South Africans are trying to relegate Nigerians to the background because you are behaving like a villager to them(primitive people in that matter). I am sorry to use that term for you.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by surecan: 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
lonelydora: I can only go there for a business. What did u go there to do? If we all run away from Nigeria, who will stay here to watch GEJ and jesus of Evans Bipi do all the nonsense they r doing?

stop attacking GEJ, attack your kinsmen who put this country on hostage for decades
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: ??.
What?!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by lifestyle1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija:

Your wonderful experience is laughable looking at what you listed which are mere necessities. I was expecting something like hiking with a pretty lady out on the mountain side, dining, eatery and partying. Jeez! I can't imagine somebody calling driving on a road without pot holes a wonderful experience. You are one of the reasons why South Africans are trying to relegate Nigerians to the background because you are behaving like a villager to them(primitive people in that matter). I am sorry to use that term for you.

Thank you.

You don't need to apologize bro, they thought I was a black American. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija: What?!

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
life_style:

You don't need to apologize bro, they thought I was a black American. tongue
lol.......
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1487460_Snapshot_20131229_JPG5f0899bf4f5f76615c699430967278dc
I can't read what you wrote there! Bwahaha...Why do South Africans think a Nigerian is African American? Wow!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by mickyarams: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
You guys deserve what you get in countries like south africa. It does not take rocket science to work out we Nigerians are not liked in other African countries. You can make it in Nigeria if you try hard, just look around you. If you want to go abroad by force, go to decent countries like US, UK, Norway etc.. and not sh*thole countries that like victimizing us. It's also insulting that all these rubbish countries are asking us for yellow fever cards. 4ck them, we should start asking for HIV papers from them as well. Silly tw*ts!
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
all4naija: I can't read what you wrote there! Bwahaha...Why do South Africans think a Nigerian is African American? Wow!
yeah you can read..............look closer..........
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
mickyarams: You guys deserve what you get in countries like south africa. It does not take rocket science to work out we Nigerians are not liked in other African countries. You can make it in Nigeria if you try hard, just look around you. If you want to go abroad by force, go to decent countries like US, UK, Norway etc.. and not sh*thole countries that like victimizing us.

if SA is shitthole.......Nigeria must be something worse. but we are still better off.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
mickyarams: You guys deserve what you get in countries like south africa. It does not take rocket science to work out we Nigerians are not liked in other African countries. You can make it in Nigeria if you try hard, just look around you. If you want to go abroad by force, go to decent countries like US, UK, Norway etc.. and not sh*thole countries that like victimizing us. It's also insulting that all these rubbish countries are asking us for yellow fever cards. 4ck them, we should start asking for HIV papers from them as well. Silly tw*ts!
yeah..........ask for hiv papers.........., whos stoping you??
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: yeah you can read..............look closer..........
Are you going to force it on me? I can't read it because it is not legible enough.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Ballo52(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Na person tell them say make dem ugly
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by MRL1MPoPoTM: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
whosefault: its our fault. if you see the way we respect these red necks at point of entry into Naija, you go feel sorry for yourself. even you when be citizen them go forget you dey ask visitors wetin dem bring come for them. things will change one day.

grin grin
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by RealMccoy2(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Please stop defending naija and lets be honest with ourselves. If the likes of Ibori and Odili can use public fund to buy estates in south africa and build world class hospital out there why won't they disrespect Nigerians? Truth is, naijas are not likable abroad. Here in states its same hatred cos of our desperation for wealth.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28: BS second visited, WTF. and what about moz, mauritius, cape verde?? and what are those visitors visiting in nigeria?? the only visitors are business people looking out for their interests. you dont have tourism industry !!
and why are they living here with their families in large numbers?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
grin
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
cheesy
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
elume2020: While reading through the Original poster (OP) story, it reminded me my experience at the OR'Tambo International Airport, instead of the hate I was favoured kind off but some statement were made that shows some signs of hatred for citizens of Nigeria. First problem was actually noticed from the SA High commission office in Lagos, I got my study permit in August which was very unusual because a light complexioned Nigerian lady told me point blank to come back in November but while she was just talk without any sign of emotion a South African staff, short dark lady came to the cubicle and asked what i wanted, then i explained the admission process the research i was coming for to her and she ordered the lady to give me the necessary documents and form. Eventually i got the study permit within 9 working days. Problem, It has an expiry date of 13/12/2013 but the study permit conditions stated ... until 31/09/2015. Two expiry date. On arriving OR'Tambo, fortunately a female was the first to attend to me. On spotting the different date she called a senior colleague, who later spotted that September has only 30 days. Though i complained about the two different expiry date on the visa granted the lady that handed over the passport to me right there in the Embassy say it was perfect the the condition supersede the expiry day but i was worried. So at OR'Tambo i was taken to their boss. Then the question and answer session started, Thanks to God i have read some few literature about my research so they asked what the research is all about and I downloaded it. Now the lady said she is going to help me because i seems knowledgeable. Then she put a call through to the Institution and the institution said i was not registered with them. Another wahala. Immediately i pulled out all document from my bag, showed her the admission form i filled and the scanned reply that bears my student number. Also i showed her the admission letter then i mention the name of my supervisor. So they called the school again to know if the said supervisor is a staff of the institution and the response was to the affirmative. The immigration lady requested the number of the supervisor, placed a call to him and he confirmed he was expecting today as i have sent him my itinerary before departing Lagos and a car was already waiting for me at the airport. The lady collected my passport took somewhere stamped and wrote on it until 09/2015. She advise me to visit the home affairs office and make necessary correction. She ended the whole help with the negative comments about what Nigerians are doing in the country, advise me and said she will keep tab on me, that if my passport number appears on any negative scene she will track me down. i was huh. The truth is many South African has mixed feelings about Nigeria and about themselves from tribe to tribe. They like us and at the same time are scared of us both for our intelligence, smartness and our bad side as well. Once you pass through OR'Tambo its not an absolute hatred, its up to individuals to prove his or her worth. But I will encourage anyone coming here for academic to be honest with himself, make good use of that visa granted and other doors will open for you. For holidays, enjoy it to the fullest so many places to visit. For our politician don't just come here to look at infrastructure and return to Nigeria to build low class structure and say its up to international standard to deceive people. See what is spent on education, buses lifting student from a bus stop to school at no cost. Internet access for our institution, good hostels and scholarship incentives with equality and not political favoritism. ASUU is not asking for too much but the problem is now beyond the fund, as changing the ideology of money making tactics from student of some these lecturer will be difficult.

I'm happy someone is on the side of SA. I knew it can't be all that bad.
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
kgr28:
South Africa is the same, from Limpopo to western cape.
15million south Africans are without electricity... want a source?
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by iconize(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by kgr28(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
scipher: 15million south Africans are without electricity... want a source?
fvck your source, 15 mill you must be smoking your own Shi.t. its 2.5 mill in remote rural areas you di.ckhead.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. by Cubeet: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
TO THOSE PHOOL TALKING AS IF S.A IS BETTER, out of their 51million population, 52% are extremely poor which means only less than 24million of their population are not poor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.