Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (37005 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Vessi: Qualitative education and economic exposure will save Ebonyi and Ebonyians.
But, the state is picking up infrastructurally, Ebonyi isn't as bad as some Nairalanders paint it.
Same way Nigeria would mean hell if you should beleive what some Nairalanders say about Nigeria.

Its that bad when you compare it to all the SE states,even the dirty state lipsrsealed
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by emmyid(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Those people ar jus there! We call them WAWA..meaning-west Afıcan wıse anımal. Theır behaviour sef d tire me.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by frankcimc(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2013
Op i dont expect Ebonyi to be as popupar as lagos or Abuja, some states are suppose to be very quiet since there are not much activities in these places.

God Bless Nigeria and all her states!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by adadadon(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2013
The governor is 84 years old

Signs of old age

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by iconize(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2013
vanunu: The funny thing is that Ebony state is one of the few states in Nigeria that can do without oil, there internally generated revenue is the highest in the south east.
Yeah but know that ebonyi has untapped oil and gas reserves.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by barackodam: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
thats 1 thing about nairalanders i hate, they tend to chek 1s typo error, wat of ppl lyk me wey dey don use abbrv swear for, does that mean i am bad in english Shiooo....beta go get work....
Nonsense!!! angry angry angry

emmog25:

Are u a graduate for real? ... scared as I was reading... #Jesussaveournation.

7 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
I agree with the OP.

Since I started being involved in Nigerian news I have NEVER heard of Ebonyi state in the news.

But guess what guys? About a month ago I met a lady who said she was from Ebonyi state.

When she said it I was like: ''huh?'' I could not believe my ears. It took me few seconds to actually accept she was a fellow Nigerian human and not an alien...and mind you I dont live in Nigeria and I have met people from different states in Nigeria....lol

Indeed that state is one that no one knows anything about.

...Sorry guys, I am having a problem spelling the name...since nothing happens there...lol
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Smily202(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
frankcimc: Op i dont expect Ebonyi to be as popupar as lagos or Abuja, some states are suppose to be very quiet since there are not much activities in these places.

God Bless Nigeria and all her states!

I don't know wots he is thinking before creating this topic
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ObiOkpor(m): 9:14am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own
na God go soon punish u for bn too tribalistic.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kambah(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2013
WMD: The silence from that part of the country givs me great concern wallahi. . . No insult pls. Is jst that i dnt hear them even in our network news or am i the only one?

I think that state is one of worst states in Nigeria. we have others as KEBBI, ZAMFARA etc. Moreover, the state governor is old and outdated.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ifechez: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2013
pls!!!! leave Ebonyi state alone. they are not there yet but based on what is being put on ground they will surely be there and even overtake many.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Sobrit(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=TribalEAST]They are nothing to write home about
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by tdbanks: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2013
Snoggy: Not just Ebonyi.

Even Kebbi, Jigawa, and all those odd states.
They are not just in the news. They're lost on the map grin grin
"Odd states" got me cracking.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Justicemy: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2013
@op u delibrately posted dis topic just to cause tribal abuse, ofcus u knew if its a SE state it wil surely stir trouble in de forum, nairaland is realy getting boring as the day goes bye
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Acedude: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] ;
FreeGlobe: well their governor is 100 years or so. The oldest governor so he shouldn't be active.
grin
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
Lol
I served in that state and I can tell you that their is nothing to report about that state.They are living in stone age and the funny part of it is that with the number of people i spoke to their, they seem to feel comfortable with whatever they get good or bad and they don't complain.They don't insult their leaders and they believe that even if their governor is not performing well, God will give them someday someone that will perform well.I remember the Ezza, Ezilo,Ameka,Ameri, ikwo people.They don't bother about anything,they just live their life and peacefully.If you hear Enugu people say "you this Abakaliki man" it's an insult o,it mean say you be mumu.They believe Abakaliki people too mumu.Abeg free them jorr,they are in a world of their own

Its really bad! U need to followndigbo page on fb. The way they insult people from ebonyi. I think theycall them wawa people! Don't no what tha mmeans. It was there I read that some of them still eat human beings. I doubt it though. The only person trying to put ebonyi in the limelight is that afikpo chic. I really don't understand d discrimination against ebonyi.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2013
sandijey:

Its really bad! U need to followndigbo page on fb. The way they insult people from ebonyi. I think theycall them wawa people! Don't no what tha mmeans. It was there I read that some of them still eat human beings. I doubt it though. The only person trying to put ebonyi in the limelight is that afikpo chic. I really don't understand d discrimination against ebonyi.
It's Enugu people that are called WAWA not ebonyi.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ifechez: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2013
kambah:

I think that state is one of worst states in Nigeria. we have others as KEBBI, ZAMFARA etc. Moreover, the state governor is old and outdated.

He may be old but certainly not outdated. three rice mill nobi beans. state Secretariat with elevators nobi beans. massive rural development such that the entire communities disconnected from each other by ebonyi river had been linked with Bridges. construction of a new city in abakiliki called ochudo city. and many more.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by emmabest2000(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2013
emmyid: Those people ar jus there! We call them WAWA..meaning-west Afıcan wıse anımal. Theır behaviour sef d tire me.
Wawa is Enugu Mumu

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Slimmos(m): 9:25am On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi men are popularly known for sellinng OTAPIAPIA and All sort of Rat Killer...and also dey do all dis lazy man work like....''Know ur weight'' and their women like fryinng Puff pUff

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by biopat(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2013
It doesn't make d news dat much cos most of its parts r very rural. They have only one major city (Abakaliki) n one small town (Afikpo). Majority of the stuffs (like entertainment stuff) that should have happened there happens in Enugu instead cos of its proximity. The only thing that makes d news there is Abakaliki rice.
And also, they don't have crude oil or BH there, so we should expect little news from there...
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ObiOkpor(m): 9:28am On Dec 31, 2013
you all are just bn too childish,most especially the person that said he served in the state.I must tell you that Ebonyi State is the heart of the East in terms of agriculture,education and in politics and military.Your problems is that you morons under-rate my beloved state.Am prouud to be one.Yes,we are honest and hard working and that is why you see Ebonyians in all the sectors of the economy.I don't blame the fool that said we are too local and we don't travel,i quote you low pathetic imbeciles wrong about my state.In the south -east,Ebonyi is the most intelligent,if you no like am,just "go and die" shikina.Can you idiots tell us your own states and we ll justify you idiots by that.I remain a son of the soil,and i must represent my state in any where. *PROUDLY EBONYIAN*

13 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Chamackh: Ndi Igbo jiri nu nwayo na esu onwe nu imi na iro ma obu n' ama. Onye aghala nwanne ya irrespective of the state divide.

my brother, ndi mmadu anaghi aghota, adim surprise ka ndi igbo siri na esu owe ha imi na etiti ndi ozo.
mana nsogbu adighi, agbacha oso aguo mile.

for those wey they bad-mouth Ebonyi, at least Ebonyi state has produced a Senate President. they are not as corrupt and violent as other states, they are hard working and live peacefully. thats why they are not always in the news. i prefer not to be in the news than to be in the news for religious crisis, bombing and kidnapping.
Long Live Ebonyi State!!!! Tokwue!!

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Samfigo1(m): 9:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Oh yea! Mind u not only Ebonyi state alone o... Infact since d creation of more 6states, i've never heard ZAMFARA state in d news or av they been amalgamated?.... Lol.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ifechez: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Obi Okpor: you all are just bn too childish,most especially the person that said he served in the state.I must tell you that Ebonyi State is the heart of the East in terms of agriculture,education and in politics and military.Your problems is that you morons under-rate my beloved state.Am prouud to be one.Yes,we are honest and hard working and that is why you see Ebonyians in all the sectors of the economy.I don't blame the fool that said we are too local and we don't travel,i quote you low pathetic imbeciles wrong about my state.In the south -east,Ebonyi is the most intelligent,if you no like am,just "go and die" shikina.Can you idiots tell us your own states and we ll justify you idiots by that.I remain a son of the soil,and i must represent my state in any where. *PROUDLY EBONYIAN*

GBAM. Proudly Imoebonyian!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 31, 2013
Because they don't pay the (private) media houses. The state governors pay to have their events & activities aired.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2013
WMD:

yes! Xactly ma point. One of the few occations he made headlines. D man is nt jst popular @all. . .is like nofin is hapenin there. Am sure if you shud ask people to list d 36states of the country, they may end up listing jst 35 @ d very moment and possibily mention Ebonyi after consultations . . Until last week headline, i had all lost count. . .

I doubt there is anybody in Naija who can spontaneously list 25, let alone all 36 states, lol!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's Enugu people that are called WAWA not ebonyi.

Oh ok! Thanks for the correction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison / Germany Set To Deport Many Nigerian Migrants On Monday / Nigeria’s Iconic Rice Paddy Pyramids To Be Evacuated Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.