Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (37060 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
If ebonyi people are igbos, how comes no igbo man can ever understand their igbo except themselves? I have been with many afikpo and amasiri people a lot and they talk for hours without me understanding a word they are speaking.
While accents of IMO and anambra people differ on things like "ihe/ife" ebonyi people have entirely different names for every object and action like cup, spoon, bath, love making, practically everything.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
If ebonyi is not in the news, what do you want to say about Kebbi. Seems that state has been merged into sokoto or it is just a federal ovt monthly largesse sharing state.

Also remember, news is 70% bad happenings and 30% good happenings. Ebonyi must definitely be the most peaceful state in SE, though less developed than its older peers.

However, the govt should propagate the state and their activities in the media more. It is called visibility. If you aren't visible, embassies can never recommend your state for foreign investors and even outsiders like OP will never know what you are doing, whether good or bad.

People from Ebonyi should see it as an advise from the OP, rather than as an avenue to degrade the state. No one will propagate you, if you dont shout yourself to the world.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Iboboiz93: my family members are mostly seen In traffic hawking Handkerchiefs, airfreshners and even Belt...
Are u for real?

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Last year, I listened to ebonyi radio for almost hour without understanding what they speaking in their bush ebonyi language.
My greatest friend of all times is one beautiful ebonyi lady shaa.
And another thing, you will always see their girls marrying their village men even if the girls are are educated and are living in London or Moscow.
In short ebonyi people are as local as Ilorin girls
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
youngchopper: I am from a stupid state, a state were liltle gals are giving out for marriage at tender age. there is a case on my hand as i type . a girl from my state is to be married out 2mrw out of her own wish. this is the stupid families contact 0815 554 4071
Dont generalize.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Azedplus(m): 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
hardly remember some states like Jigawa, Kebbi even Zamfara make the news more than them.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: Last year, I listened to ebonyi radio for almost hour without understanding what they speaking in their bush ebonyi language.
My greatest friend of all times is one beautiful ebonyi lady shaa.
And another thing, you will always see their girls marrying their village men even if the girls are are educated and are living in London or Moscow.
In short ebonyi people are as local as Ilorin girls
Did any Ebonyi girl break your heart? undecided Just asking.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by GreenBobo: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
GreenBobo: Depends on wat u c as news worthy!

Ebonyi State Uni was, for a long time d best State Uni in d country..

Our VVF centr is d best in the Country...

Our Med. stdns av exelled internationaly..

Our Overekpe water scheme, one f d largest in d s/e...

We've got world class debate team(pry, sec n tertiary level)...

Business wise, we ar doin wonderfully fine, we av established ourselves in Lag, Abj, Ph, Kano e.t.c

We ar , to a large extent, self employed!
We av conquered PH, majority of shop owners in Rumuola,Artillery,? Oyigbo, Waterlines, D lines, Okirika to mention bt a few ar mostly Ebonyians...

We ar hard working, contented, humble n always happy!

Educationally, we ar nt d worst, EBSU grads, (mostly Ebonyians) can hold their ground, any day, any time!

More dan 5 tertiary institutions in d state...

Excellent Pry , Sec , tertiary n post tertiary Education system...our schools, at all levels can compete favourably wit any sch u can come up wit, any wer in d world!

Religiously n Socially, we no carry last, we'v got Churches n Mosques n Shrines.. we also av world class five star hotels, we ar nt in short supply f night clubs n oda recreational centres.

A very peaceful and serene environment!

Ah dnt av mch time, Shalom!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: Last year, I listened to my village radio for almost hour without understanding what they speaking in my bush language.
My greatest friend of all times is one beautiful lady frm my village.
And another thing, you will always see our girls marrying our village men even if the girls are are educated and are living in London or Moscow.
In short my village people are as local as Ilorin girls
Chai, i feel for you.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Azedplus: hardly remember some states like Jigawa, Kebbi even Zamfara make the news more than them.
It's better we don't make the news at all than make the news cuz of terrorism and underage marriage.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: If ebonyi people are igbos, how comes no igbo man can ever understanding their igbo except themselves? I have been with many afikpo and amasiri people a lot and they talk for hours without me understanding a word they are speaking.
While accents of IMO and anambra people differ on things like "ihe/ife" ebonyi people have entirely different names for every object and action like cup, spoon, bath, love making, practically everything.
Which state are you from? Please don't tell me you're a graduade or an undergrad.embarassed I swear Ebonyi children in primary schools speak better English than you. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by onyibajoe(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
holyvirgin:
Okposi ke? Do okposi ppl know how to groove? Since when? Funny the only good thing about okposi ppl is that their women are exclusively beautiful... wink
Yes, my dear, we do. There is no dull moment here. Is that answer simple enough to get into your fish head?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm aware of this and i also notice it in their approach to life generally. They don't seem to be interested in amassing wealth like other Igbos. They seem comfortable in the level they are at. I think that has to change and it will change if more enlightenment is done.

If they are comfortable and content, why do you want them to change?

Dont you think they are more enlightened than you are

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: If ebonyi people are igbos, how comes no igbo man can ever understanding their igbo except themselves? I have been with many afikpo and amasiri people a lot and they talk for hours without me understanding a word they are speaking.
If you're an Igboman, you should be ashamed for making the above statement. Like in other languages in the world, Igbo language has many dialects. Being that as it is, such differences in dialect can not question the Igboness of any particular area in Igboland.
Your poor understanding of dialects in Igboland does not mean that perhaps, a thousand people from your community will not comprehend words or sentences in some Ebonyi Igbo dialects.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
JustBeingMe: It's better we don't make the news at all than make the news cuz of terrorism and underage marriage.
Tank you my darling. Happy nw yr in advance
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Spiff20(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
ifechez:

If you come to st john's junction iwofe road u will notice that majority of shop owners are from ebonyi state and they are doing well.
datz my hood guy, but i ain't seen any being from ebonyi. Btw:i stay close to d town hall
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ezeonlinebiz(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hmm. Na wa for nairalanders ooo. You guys can talk. Just look at the way you guys are spewing trash about my state of origin.

Ebonyi state is just like every other state in Nigeria. We have our ups and downs just like every other state. I see no reason why nairalanders should belittle a state just because of poor governance.

OP asked a nice question and needs right answers from reasonable Nigerians. But here we are saying all sorts of god-help-me-things, things we can never air out in the public.

I am proud to be an Ebonyian.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
...and all the street in Ebonyi is well tarred with good street light.
Can that be said of ur state?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by smudge2079(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Obi Okpor: adamu!!!whr r u servn @?Dnt forget to tell us ur civilized village so dt we cn come for tourism.Ode of d highest order!!!
d truth is bitter mufu. 44 days to go.... am leaving dis shyt hole
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by onyibajoe(m): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Solupeace: Onyibe thank you. Send me well to everyone at home,regards.
You are simply a true son.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
nyere84: Tank you my darling. Happy nw yr in advance
Happy new year too my sister.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by sambos994(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Azedplus: hardly remember some states like Jigawa, Kebbi even Zamfara make the news more than them.

I totally forgot that state existed... shocked
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by johndavid1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
TribalEAST: They are nothing to write home about.
They might be nothing to write home abt 4u, bt nt me coz am so proud to be frm there Ebonyi 4 life..
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nightshift: If you're an Igboman, you should be ashamed for making the above statement. Like in other languages in the world, Igbo language has many dialects. Being that as it is, such differences in dialect can not question the Igboness of any particular area in Igboland.
Your poor understanding of dialects in Igboland does not mean that perhaps, a thousand people from your community will not comprehend words or sentences in some Ebonyi Igbo dialects.
what they speak in ebonyi is not a dialect. It's a language quite very different from igbo.
I'm from Imo. And when I go home I tune FM of different igbo states - abia , anambra, enugu and imo and I understand all they say. But once I made d mistake of tuning that of abakiliki and I regretted my life. Ebonyi people speak more of calabar than igbo. Ok state the ebonyi words for cup, plate, spoon, love-making, bottle and compare them with the ones of central igbo. Ebonyi people are bush men joor. Are they not the ones that litter my village and help us in farming and cutting palm kernel?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: what they speak in ebonyi is not a dialect. It's a language quite very different from igbo.
I'm from Imo. And when I go home I tune FM of different igbo states - abia , anambra, enugu and imo and I understand all they say. But once I made d mistake of tuning that of abakiliki and I regretted my life. Ebonyi people speak more of calabar than igbo. Ok state the ebonyi words for cup, plate, spoon, love-making, bottle and compare them with the ones of central igbo. Ebonyi people are bush men joor. Are they not the ones that litter my village and help us in farming and cutting palm kernel?
Igbo is the language spoken in 5 Igbo states of Nigeria. If you disagree, you're on your own. Do you understand dialects of people in Arochukwu/ Bende area of Abia state?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
JustBeingMe: Which state are you from? Please don't tell me you're a graduade or an undergrad.embarassed I swear Ebonyi children in primary schools speak better English than you. undecided
are we talking of speaking English or about being wise? If not that ebonyi are so stupid, how will they elect an 80 yr old man and expect him to perform?
in modern warfare, ebonyi is still so extremely backward. Modern weapons were used to execute the aguleri/umuleri crisis. But in ebonyi when they want to fight, the youths will carry matchetes and enter pickup and go to the war zone and start matchetting one another like it was in the biblical times.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: what my family pple speak is not a dialect. It's a language quite very different from igbo.
I'm from Imo. And when I go home I tune FM of different igbo states - abia , anambra, enugu and EBONYI and I understand all they say. But once I made d mistake of tuning that of my state and I regretted my life. My family people speak more of calabar than igbo. Ok i cant even state words for cup, plate, spoon, love-making, bottle and compare them with the ones of central igbo. My family people are bush men joor. Are they not the ones that litter my village and help us in farming and cutting palm kernel?
I understand ur frustration.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
smudge2079: d truth is bitter mufu. 44 days to go.... am leaving dis shyt hole
As u are leaving Ebonyi state ...may ur days be numbered before 2014...may the Ebonyi blessings elude u before u escape ....may the legacies that may com ur way forget urge user name ...may the government of Ebonyi state forget u entirely before 2014...may ur last transport fare finishes at Peace Mass Transit ....may u may struck with parkising disease when u say goodbye to Ebonyi.
Amin.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: what they speak in ebonyi is not a dialect. It's a language quite very different from igbo.
Like seriously! Are you for real? Ebonyi people speak more of Calabar? Have you ever heard someone speaking Efik in your life? Na wa oh. You don't have to take out your frustrations on Ebonyi and Ebonyians. We're peace-loving people. Live and let livesmiley

Happy New Year in advance.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
me_for_you: I cant speak English and i am not wise. If not that am so stupid, i shld knw dat Ebonyi will surely develop, if God bless them wit the rite governor.
in modern warfare, i am still so extremely backward. Modern weapons were used to execute the aguleri/umuleri crisis. But i and brodas when we want to fight, we will carry matchetes and enter pickup and go to the war zone and start matchetting one another like it was in the biblical times.
*shocked*

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by ACM10: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
[s]That's if you've asked every single Igbo person in PH where they're from. But you're right. It's hard to find an Ebonyi person unlike Imo and Anambra peeps. It's the same thing for Cross River peeps who rarely travel out. Most of the people we actually call Calabar are from Akwa Ibom state.[/s]

Typical misguided comment from a typical Igbo-Lagosian. This shows that you hardly relate with Igbos in your everyday life. FYI, Ebonyians are everywhere. I meet them eveyday. I don't share your opinion

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Court orders DSS to release Sowore, Bakare within 24 hours / Tinubu Attends Ground Breaking Ceremony Of New US Consulate In Lagos / Over 18,000 Persons Sign Petition To Ban ‘MC Oluomo’ From The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.