Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba (51471 Views)

Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by oduaboy1: 11:21am On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:

You are the one who view her that way. Other non yorubas see her as an igbo woman
Are you crazy?.What sort of warped mentality is this.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Who follows this kind of barbaric logic these days? To say a woman has got no tribe until she is married. Wake up (wo)man to the 21st century and stop being happy about the gender-based discrimination that your culture promotes... It is Yorubaland where women are regarded such that the are installed Obas. By the way, she was not the first Oba in Yoruba history. Look to the listbelow and you'll see that the 21st Oooni of Ife was female.

1ST ODUDUWA

2ND OSANGANGAN OBAMAKIN
3RD OGUN
4TH OBALUFON OGBOGBODIRIN
5TH OBALUFON ALAYEMORE
6TH ORANMIYAN
7TH AYETISE
8TH LAJAMISAN
9TH LAJODOOGUN
10TH LAFOGIDO
11TH ODIDIMODE ROGBEESIN
12TH AWOROKOLOKIN
13TH EKUN
14TH AJIMUDA
15TH GBOONIJIO
16TH OKANLAJOSIN
17TH ADEGBALU
18TH OSINKOLA
19TH OGBORUU
20TH GIESI
21ST LUWOO (FEMALE)
22ND LUMOBI
23RD AGBEDEGBEDE
24TH OJELOKUNBIRIN
25TH LAGUNJA
26TH LARUNNKA
27TH ADEMILU
28TH OMOGBOGBO
29TH AJILA-OORUN
30TH ADEJINLE
31ST OLOJO
32ND OKITI
33RD LUGBADE
34TH ARIBIWOSO
35TH OSINLADE
36TH ADAGBA
37TH OJIGIDIRI

Why are u guys contradicting yourselves. You guys earlier claimed a woman cant be an Oba in yoruba land. She can only be a regent till an oba is gotten. And here u are telln me that the 21st ooni of ife was a woma. Well i dnt care. What i knw is dat Adetutu Adesida Dike is now an igbo woman. Even if she is filling a form and state of origin is there,she will write an igbo state. So pls knw that an igbo woman os lording it over you guys now. Even if it is for a fleeting momen
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Psychedelia(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Black Human: This whole arguments remind me of my favorite film series- GAME OF THRONES....now I feel like watching it...
could dis woman be the next DENEARYS TAGAEREAN?

The only memorable part of Game Of Thrones was the giant Karl Drogo pounding his wife from the back.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2014
squaddy:

Really? Are you serious? Did your maths teacher tell you counting begins from 3?...read the first page and see how your tribalistic bigots brethren started spewing trash from the onset...if it hurts you that bad,Cry me a river undecided..
such an hypocrite u are.read what d op wrote and see how ur f.oo.lish kinsmen replied before barking here.u peeps started it and we are just replying u.yeye people

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2014
odua boy: Are you crazy?.What sort of warped mentality is this.

Maybe you are the mad
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by funshint(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2014
RedReact:
What's the meaning of the word in bold? angry angry angry
Besides, se o ti f'ejo se bante ri?
Se o ti aake si gbere l'ori ogo ri?
Se o tu bawon irunmole fagbo ri?
Se o ti kiisi sebe ati oka ri?
Se o ti ba awon oshoro-manger se ipade lori afefe ri?
Se won ti fi tabatiada s'ase lori ri e?
Se o le rin ni'hoho l'aginju awon iya?

Hahahahahahahhahaahahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:

Why are u guys contradicting yourselves. You guys earlier claimed a woman cant be an Oba in yoruba land. She can only be a regent till an oba is gotten. And here u are telln me that the 21st ooni of ife was a woma. Well i dnt care. What i knw is dat Adetutu Adesida Dike is now an igbo woman. Even if she is filling a form and state of origin is there,she will write an igbo state. So pls knw that an igbo woman os lording it over you guys now. Even if it is for a fleeting momen
are u for real?why will a woman fill in a place she is not from.dat is dumb.srry,dat doesnt happen in yoruba land.she is not ibo and will never be,it is just her kids.different strokes for different folks.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2014
ndu_chucks: This is d way things should be, we already have a Yoruba lady representing a Northern state in d senate, now we hav a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.
Can u equate the regeancy with that of an obi or oba? and which northern state r u talkin'bout if not kwara where d sarakis got da jugular grip? is kwara REALLY a northern state? can that obtain in say sokoto or kano? what was d main reason that pdp woman was disallowed to preside over da house of reps @d start of ur current administration,n tambuwhatever of same pdp (s)elected? common man,u guys deny women even their rights up north n lets not go into what u do 2 ur baby n teen girls! so its way outta
place for u 2 preach about (political?) maturity which u scarcely display.if u think installn traditnal rulers frm other other tribes or making same political appointees is about political maturity then u sure go a 2nd thinking coming.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2014
Christy G: are u for real?why will a woman fill in a place she is not from.dat is dumb.srry,dat doesnt happen in yoruba land.she is not ibo and will never be,it is just her kids.different strokes for different folks.

Lol. She is da one who got away. An igbo man snared her. So she aint yoruba anymore.So a stranger is ruling you folks for now

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by drstan(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Sunnidinho: 11:37am On Jan 04, 2014
Soreza: To me the man is foolish,i am an igbo guy from anambra to be precise,i wont try that for no reason,if thatz the case the woman married the man not the other way round,when marriage is done u forget ur father,mother,kingdom,and automatically be that of ur husband,so why will the man accept that trash,he has automatically become a fool,1.u now stay in ur wife village,or rubbish kingdom,where she rules,2.u automatically change ur children to yoruba children,(cus hopeful their son will be the king of some rubbish village,that all they can give is cassava.men this totally trash
so, what do u give out in anambra other than cassava n leaves that u eat.stop hating,d man is lucky to marry a yoruba gal 4rm kings lineage.i served in anambra so pls tel me wht i dont knw. Onyori

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Soreza(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2014
I thought this only happen on super story,nawa o,yoruba na yoruba,in any way u want it they are just yoruba,with their known qualities worldwide,( they talk alot,shout unnecessary(aaaaaaaa),cowards,hyprocrite,,they can support u while u are there,lie down to greet u,but as u leave u are a fool,yorubas are not just stable,not stable at all in all angles,lets take example religion,igbos are known for christain as religion,hausa also know for muslim,but tell me where a yoruba man,stands?na them go mosque pass,na them go church past,their youths are bunch of hoodlums,go to lagos bustop,streets and see the answer,so an igbo man,known for bravery,business,lighten skin,talent(football,music)going to marry a yoruba(dirty people)is ............absurd,abomination,and must be rush to a medical centre,thanks

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2014
funshint:
U̶̲̥̅̊'re just a typical igbo fool. So if 'ur daughter runs away and marry Aboki *like your daughters used to; damn it dem like prick Gawd!!! She automatically becomes Aboki abi?? Think man...Fish brain!!!!
You are the yoruba donkey here. Once she marries from another tribe,then that is where she is from
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by donajisafe(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2014
Creative Thinking Brings Positive Outcomes: Acer Reveals Updated Tablets And A New Smartphone For CES: http://psyafe..com/2014/01/acer-reveals-updated-tablets-and-new.html
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Soreza(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Sunnidinho: so, what do u give out in anambra other than cassava n leaves that u eat.stop hating,d man is lucky to marry a yoruba gal 4rm kings lineage.i served in anambra so pls tel me wht i dont knw. Onyori
Sunnidinho: so, what do u give out in anambra other than cassava n leaves that u eat.stop hating,d man is lucky to marry a yoruba gal 4rm kings lineage.i served in anambra so pls tel me wht i dont knw. Onyori
what is kings among the grin lineage?sitting on a wooden chair,old brown teeth man,with horrible marks lying down to greet u?just tell me one benefit there,u serve in anambra 1yr doesnt make u know anytin miss,my dad is anambrain,likewise my mum,so its in my blood,dont claim to be us u are not,a pig is a pig,even if it goes to the u.s,so what didnt u know that am not telling u?THIEF

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Soreza(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2014
Christy G: typical yibboe animal,barking and ranting like a deranged person.go and preach ur story to d birds.u are not making any sense.dumb fellow
am not saying it to make sense to fools man or anybody,wot u saw is wot we all know,but dont want to say,i challenge u to quote one just one of wot i listed if it is false
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by CriminalIbos: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin
RedReact:

grin
RedReact:

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Malawian(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
ndu_chucks: This is the way things should be, we already have a Youruba lady representing a Northern state in the senate, now we have a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.

Here's a phoograph of Princess Adetutu Adesida- Dike, the first daughter of the late traditional ruler of Akureland, who was installed as the new regent in Akure. Are women allowed to wear Babanriga in Akure?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1492881_CUsersA949824Desktopoba_jpg4dd1d1788af95f1f54979161af20a50b
onukwu 1 of igboland ni e ni.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2014
vivalavida:
You are the yoruba donkey here. Once she marries from another tribe,then that is where she is from
dat only happens in iboland.u are just deceiving urself with ur useless preachings.she is a yoruba woman and there is nothing u can do about it.pelee take heart

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by gilbertanochili: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2014
ndu_chucks:

That was over 50 years ago. I am talking about modern day Nigeria here. We need to see this kind of gesture in the SE of today, start by giving us an Obi or real Eze of the fulani extraction. Be bold and make it happen today.
God forbid, that will never happen in Igbo land.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Soreza(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2014
Black Human: Yoruba women are better and more appealing than those your Assless, yam legged, moustache/beards wearing Igbo "women".
lol hahhaahaa,tell urself the truth,thats all i can say.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2014
funshint:
Which means she's the one giving it to that her Igbo husband. Igbo men are weak sha...mehn her every wish automatically becomes his command including licking pus**y anytime she wishes and also washing her dishes U̶̲̥̅̊ know as Oba and head over him. Gush that igbo husband(servant) must be going thru a lot right now LMAO!!!

We marry only ur important ladies. Your omo latas are of no use to us
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by vivalavida(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Black Human: Yoruba women are better and more appealing than those your Assless, yam legged, moustache/beards wearing Igbo "women".

I knew u wia laughn out loud @ yaslf and ya tribe wen typing this.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Soreza(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Christy G: u are only making sense to fools like urself.u people boast and bark just to downgrade others,so save ur pathetic story,u are just another typical yibboe animal
hahahaha,this doesnt call for insult bro,i challenged u to tell me if any is false,all u can do is can hide under the shell of insult,ahhaaah,funny bro,we boost becus we have wot to boost of,u cant boost to us with ur natural resources(cassava)while in have oil wells,lol,no blame us o,na God make us especially

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS / Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.