Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,846 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong (6951 Views)

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

why you dey ask? Do you read me saying all communications with pharisees were meant for only jewish audience

A yes or No to bidam's kweshun would be just fine

1 Like

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alwaystrue: @Gombs,
Jesus words were not directed to a people because of who they were but because of what they did. Is it not obvious?
Anyone who strains at little things and allows a bigger sin pass is a hypocrite. He does not need the pharisee tag.
Anyone who shows outward piety but his inside is full of all kinds of evil thoughts, intentions, vices, the person has a woe hanging on his head, it is not about being a pharisee.
May the veil be removed from the eyes of those who believe Christ was speaking to a certain sect because of who they were not because of what they did wrong.

Jesus was simply bringing to light the motives of their heart, per scripture, not focusing on their outward show of goodness

Gbam.... simple and short and clear
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

this is not he objective of this thread. It's not in my nature to lose focus.

It is o... I understand why u can't say it....tis simply because one would need another lie to support a lie...

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alwaystrue:

When Jesus was speaking in the bible, telling us that he that lust after a woman commits adultery, and he that hates his brother is more or less killing him, what Laws are those? Are they of the Spirit or of the Letter.
When we fulfil the laws Christ gave us with examples I stated above, is the law of the 'do not commit adultery' or 'do not kill' broken or fulfilled?

When Jesus spoke about the weighthier aspects of the Law in Matthew 23:23 that is love, faith, mercy, were these laws of the Spirit or of the letter?
Whatever answer you have to those questions, will make go a long way in understanding my post.
The law of sin and death tried to make a man righteous from outside in which did not work. Christ came to work on the inner man bringing righteousness from the inside out. Jesus words cleanse. That is why it is shocking for purported Christians who claim Christ word's are not directed to them. They just shown they don't know what they believe at all.
Jesus Christ is the foundation, we should take heed what type of material we build on Christ. Every single thing Christ said is Truth!

For your information, there is still a ministration of death even in the NT. (2 Cor. 2:15-16). And the law of sin and death still applies to those who do not walk after the Spirit....Galatians 5:18
Thank you Madam for saying it as it is..It is really shocking that so called 'believers' will say Jesus very words are not applicable to them.Jesus said His words are Spirit and are Life..maybe they need to check whether what they profess here is the Faith that Jesus brought into the world..No any foundation can no man lay beside Jesus Christ..He is our firm foundation...Even Paul they are quoting can be fallible sef.There was a time Paul insulted the high priest when the brought him to the sanhedrin..He(paul) insulted the high priest without knowing..that was a fallible man apologising when he realised his mistakes..Jesus NEVER made a single mistake through out His ministry on Earth and Paul even concede to IMITATING Christ..so what are we talking about here.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alwaystrue: @Gombs,
Jesus words were not directed to a people because of who they were but because of what they did. Is it not obvious?
Anyone who strains at little things and allows a bigger sin pass is a hypocrite. He does not need the pharisee tag.
Anyone who shows outward piety but his inside is full of all kinds of evil thoughts, intentions, vices, the person has a woe hanging on his head, it is not about being a pharisee.
May the veil be removed from the eyes of those who believe Christ was speaking to a certain sect because of who they were not because of what they did wrong.

Jesus was simply bringing to light the motives of their heart, per scripture, not focusing on their outward show of goodness.

I always knew you are way smarter than most law lovers around here. This is what I expect you to preach; the lessons learnt. Matthews 23:23 was never encouraging or instructing Christians to tithe, it was about using an illustration/referring to a behavioural trait the pharisees will understand cos it something they do. Just pray that image123 will be reading ya post above. Once again, I say thank you wink
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gombs:

A yes or No to bidam's kweshun would be just fine

a yes or no is the easy part. It's just that the question results from a poor understanding of my post. Responding will not help anybody.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

I always knew you are way smarter than most law lovers around here. This is what I expect you to preach; the lessons learnt. Matthews 23:23 was never encouraging or instructing Christians to tithe, it was about using an illustration/referring to a behavioural trait the pharisees will understand cos it something they do. Just pray that image123 will be reading ya post above. Once again, I say thank you wink

You no go answer bidam kweshun, abi?

1 Like

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Alwaystrue(f): 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Bidam,
The people in the time of Christ that believed Jesus were called BELIEVERS. Jews believed, pharisees believes, the Samaritan woman believed.
Believers were tagged Christians afterwards like we have people tagged SU and Spirikoko nowadays.

What we see are people who pick the words of Paul as the infallibility of the bible and try to see how Jesus words fit into it, instead of Jesus words being the ultimate and any other apostles words, teachings, doctrines seen in the light of Christ words by the understanding of the Holy Spirit.
The Bereans heard the word of Paul and checked if it aligned with the Scripture not the other way round.

That is why Peter said some have twisted the words of Paul to mean what is not as they twist other aspects of Scripture.

Christ said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it? Have they asked themselves what that really means in line with what Paul said? No they pick their own interpretation of what Paul said as the ultimate. Paul has said he did not come to save them but they should follow him as he follows Christ? How do they know soeone who follows Christ if they claim Christ's word's do not hold meaning to them.
Paul also said imitate God. The bible also says let the words of CHRIST dwell in us richly in all wisdom.

In the NT bible time, their apostles were the disciple of Christ, Paul, Timothy etc. Christ was their foundation which their doctrine was built on.
We have our apostles, prophets and other gifts of Christ to the church today as well...we follow them AS they follow Christ just as Paul said to the church foe they could physically see him; and we can only know if they are following Christ by the Spirit of God when the Words of Christ dwell richly in us.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gombs:
It is o... I understand why u can't say it....tis simply because one would need another lie to support a lie...

Cheers

Thats is your view. This thread is about relevance of the mosaic law, it is not about the bit in Jesus comments meant only for the jews amd those meant for Christians. When I engage in a topic, I stay on topic, I don't allow myself to be distracted. I see it as an escape route for the other fellow.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Thats is your view. This thread is about relevance of the mosaic law, it is not about the bit in Jesus comments meant only for the jews amd those meant for Christians. When I engage in a topic, I stay on topic, I don't allow myself to be distracted. I see it as an escape route for the other fellow.

grin
Just go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gombs:

grin
Just go and sleep

how you take know? I don climb bed already.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,
The people in the time of Christ that believed Jesus were called BELIEVERS. Jews believed, pharisees believes, the Samaritan woman believed.
Believers were tagged Christians afterwards like we have people tagged SU and Spirikoko nowadays.

What we see are people who pick the words of Paul as the infallibility and try tosee how Jesus words fit into it, instead of Jesus words being the ultimate and any other apostles words, teachings, doctrines seen in the light of Christ words by the understanding of the Holy Spirit.
The Bereans heard the word of Paul and checked if it aligned with the Scripture not the other way round.

That is why Peter said some have twisted the words of Paul to mean what is not as they twist other aspects of Scripture.

Christ said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it? Have they asked themselves what that really means in line with what Paul said? No they pick their own interpretation of what Paul said as the ultimate. Paul has said he did not come to save them but they should follow him as he follows Christ? How do they know soeone who follows Christ if they claim Christ's word's do not hold meaning to them.
Paul also said imitate God. The bible also says let the words of CHRIST dwell in us richly in all wisdom.

In the NT bible time, their apostles were the disciple of Christ, Paul, Timothy etc. Christ was their foundation which their doctrine was built on.
We have our apostles, prophets and other gifts of Christ to the church today as well...we follow them AS they follow Christ just as Paul said to the church foe they could physically see him; and we can only know if they are following Christ by the Spirit of God when the Words of Christ dwell richly in us.
Gbam! To copy the words of Gombs...How will these our folks learn here when they always claim they know scriptures and do not submit to leaderships even in their local assembly..Even Paul corrected this anomaly to the baby corinthians.God is a God of order.He does not bypass the pluralistic and apostolic eldership in the five fold ministry He instituted in His body(The church) to give a so called revelation to novices.That will self destruct the church.God does not appoint novices.Paul made sure he instructs timothy on that aspect.

It is really sad and disheartening what the church has degenerated to in our day.Scripture is being fufilled right at our very eyes.Men who are proud,boasters,conceited,abusive and disobedient to spiritual authorithy will now come aboard nairaland to speak folly of what they do not understand..This is really really sad.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Joagbaje(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Pleasse don't insult my intelligence. Don't ever in your whole life compare Rhaphsody of Realities with Paul's epistles. Don't ever try it again. Paul started every epistle he wrote with the stamp of his apostolic office; how dare you compare him Chris Oyakhilome!

Pastor chris is an apostle so what? Kenneth hagin was an apostle , smith wiggles worth was apostle and we have many apostles in the bible day and in our day. Except you don't know the meaning of the word apostle . The only 2 offices of apostles that cannot be claimed is the office of christ as our chief apostle and the apostles of the lamb who's name were written in the new Jerusalem .Apostles are still been raised in every generation . Pauline epistles were not written as a book to complete the bible . The church fathers did that and I don't have any problem with it. My post on Nairaland can be added to the future bible too. Pauline epistles were his personal letters and admonitions to his church members. So it's like any DVD and audio message by any of the ministers of our day. That' doesn't take away the fact that he was part of the church foundational apostle .ministry is the work of the Holy Spirit he doesn't diminish he is still doing his work through ministers in every generation .

There is only one thing I want to hear from you law advocates and that is this "Paul was not an inspired author of scriptures" and I will be done with you on this forum. But as long as you do not have the boldiness to say that and you keep going round in circles, with some comparing Paul with Chris, then we will continue to forbear with you.

I am not a law advocate . I am scripture advocate trying to curb the excesses of extremists because the Old Testament you try to discredit was the only canonised scripture the early church had. Which they study to show themselves approved. Because they were the scriptures in their generation inspired by the holyghost.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Likes

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 8:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Joagbaje:
My post on Nairaland can be added to the future bible too.

shocked

church go scatter if this kin thing happen grin
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

shocked

church go scatter if this kin thing happen grin
Is nairaland your church? Olodo..
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
Bidam: Is nairaland your church? Olodo..

undecided
*Falls off palm wine tree laughing sha

1 Like

Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2014
Bidam: Is nairaland your church? Olodo..

you wanted me to say nairaland go scatter abi? smiley e be like say you never wake up this morning, you still dey dream.

bible is used only in nairaland abi? maybe you forgot to read the post i was responding to. because its you i will post it again....

Joagbaje:
My post on Nairaland can be added to the future bible too.

focus on the bit highlighted...
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

you wanted me to say nairaland go scatter abi? smiley e be like say you never wake up this morning, you still dey dream.

bible is used only in nairaland abi? maybe you forgot to read the post i was responding to. because its you i will post it again....

focus on the bit highlighted...
So is most of Joagbage's posts not bible quotations.Why you dey fool yasef na?
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Bidam: So is most of Joagbage's posts not bible quotations.Why you dey fool yasef na?

so you believe some people will wake up one morning and start adding "bible quotations" by Joagbaje to the bible? so if they were to add the gospel according to joagbaje we will be seeing something like this......

The Gospel according to Joagbaje.....

Chapter one..
Verse 1 - “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Verse 2 - “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.
Verse 3 - I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
Verse 4 - If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?
e.t.c.....

since you believe joagbaje's understanding/views are irrelevant, i want to believe the above make sense to you...
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

so you believe some people will wake up one morning and start adding "bible quotations" by Joagbaje to the bible? so if they were to add the gospel according to joagbaje we will be seeing something like this......

The Gospel according to Joagbaje.....

Chapter one..
Verse 1 - “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Verse 2 - “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.
Verse 3 - I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
Verse 4 - If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?
e.t.c.....

since you believe joagbaje's understanding/views are irrelevant, i want to believe the above make sense to you...
Yawns...Is bible the Word of God?
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by ajayikayod: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Alwaystrue:

When Jesus was speaking in the bible, telling us that he that lust after a woman commits adultery, and he that hates his brother is more or less killing him, what Laws are those? Are they of the Spirit or of the Letter.
When we fulfil the laws Christ gave us with examples I stated above, is the law of the 'do not commit adultery' or 'do not kill' broken or fulfilled?

When Jesus spoke about the weighthier aspects of the Law in Matthew 23:23 that is love, faith, mercy, were these laws of the Spirit or of the letter?
Whatever answer you have to those questions, will make go a long way in understanding my post.
The law of sin and death tried to make a man righteous from outside in which did not work. Christ came to work on the inner man bringing righteousness from the inside out. Jesus words cleanse. That is why it is shocking for purported Christians who claim Christ word's are not directed to them. They just shown they don't know what they believe at all.
Jesus Christ is the foundation, we should take heed what type of material we build on Christ. Every single thing Christ said is Truth!

For your information, there is still a ministration of death even in the NT. (2 Cor. 2:15-16). And the law of sin and death still applies to those who do not walk after the Spirit....Galatians 5:18

To u in all sincerity, do u think d bolded Jesus statement above was in or written in d Law of Moses? Seriously, wit sincerity. Did d Law of Moses condemned he who looked at another man's wife lustfully? Wat was d written consequence then?
Moses Law condemned direct adultery. Infact in his (Moses) days, ppl must hav lust over and over with out judgement because they were not found in d act of adultery as written in d Law. U dont judge a man on a Law dt doesnt exist.

Moses Law:--Exo 20: 14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Jesus Words:---Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Do u actually believed Jesus was recognizing d Law here? No, he was annulling it by bringing d reality. He quoted dt not to show them to do it but to show its inadequacy. U actually think dt Jesus statement was from d Law? No it wasnt, ppl would hav lusted in d Law of Moses and go free because d Law doesnt capture/require dt. It's a Law dt never existed b4.
If a country change a particular Law, does d former exist side by side wit d latter? Its more lik Jesus actually givin another Law concerning adultery, infact if Jesus was a ruler lik Moses, from thereforth any man who lust after a woman will b judge wit out committing d act. Is dt d Law of Moses?

Most times whn we talked about d Law of Moses is done away wit, some Law brethren think we ar saying go and do watever u lik, no Law again. Ds has prevented many from doing proper study to kno wat such statement meant. Hence it raises confusion on struggling btw grace and works.

On d bolded (2). Can u let us kno by wat Law do u live by? Law of d Spirit or Law Sin and Death. Do u think a man can live by both? Or thr is a mix of d two?

2 Cor 2:15-16 talked about those who still take such Law as foundation to rightness and wrong, those who found it hard to b seperated from Moses.

But u hav neglected vs 17-18 dt talked about d veil lifted, in d Spirit, in liberty from Moses. Except we refuse to believ d words and terms used by Bro Paul in seperating d two. Its so clear dt u cant operate under d two.

So i ask u again, under wat Law do u (Alwaystrue) operates now to kno d truth.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by ajayikayod: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2014
mba emeka:

If after reading such a response one still veers off into unfounded nitpicking there is no hope for such a person.

It is so clear. The apostles used the OT. Paul's epistles were his epistles turned scripture to us. He quoted copiously from the OT in his teachings. How Drummaboy continues to drivel on in incoherent responses boggles me. Joagbaje never said the OT makes a man righteous (justification) he simply said it contains very important principles that are still applicable today and the scriptures give him credence as we can see that the apostles used the OT too. . .alot!

People shouldn't try to throw the baby away with the bath water by rejecting the principles of the OT because they want to reject the tithing aspect of it (which already existed before the law was given)

Bro morning. Pls dont bring in dt part of tithe as mentioned in d Law existed b4 d Law. Its always good to make clear distinction on time and purpose of instructions as given in d bible.

D Op made it clear in his title dt no man (including believers) can kno d right and wrong outside Moses Law. Dts pure error. And linking dt wit tithe and offering issues again is open insincerity on d Op's side and dts wat u ar doing too.

Was right and wrong known in d days of Adam, Noah, Enoch, Abraham etc without such Law of sin and death given? Did they kno right/wrong or not?
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by ajayikayod: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Gombs:

all other things Jesus said "was for 'Christians' " but the tithe part was for Jews.... so, Jesus had two audiences he was addressing at the time...even though the apostles were first called Christians in antioch!....fascinating.

Una dey try o

Bro, d dividing line btw d audience of Christ words are so thin but clear by d Spirit. U definitely cant tell me dt all Jesus account in Matt-John still applies to us today. In sincerity will u say because Jesus said to a Jew, do ds, dt means we should all b doing it? No. We need to search to know how dt applies to a New Creation. If u agree dt all Jesus said is for us then wat about ds he said:

Lu 5:14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

If u agreed Jesus supported Tithing, u should agree he supported ds also, in fact according to Moses commandment:

Lev 14: 4 Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: {birds: or, sparrows}
5 And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:

Bro, do u still do ds And pls dont come up wit Jesus has saved us from soooo and soooo. Lets apply across board lik u informed.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by ajayikayod: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2014
Alwaystrue: @Bidam,

What we see are people who pick the words of Paul as the infallibility of the bible and try to see how Jesus words fit into it, instead of Jesus words being the ultimate and any other apostles words, teachings, doctrines seen in the light of Christ words by the understanding of the Holy Spirit.

Sorry Sister, I m yet to find any one here now who claim Christ words has no effect, or Paul's teaching varied from Christ. I m yet to read dt.
D only question i may ask u is dt, do u as a Christian practice/intending to practice line for line every word of Jesus as written in d Gospels? If Yes, we hav a long discussion, if No, Why not if all does his words are for us.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Zikkyy(m): 11:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Bidam: Yawns...Is bible the Word of God?

you see ya self? you are now discussion something else. you should be asking if joagbaje's post is the word of God smiley that's what we are discussing.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
ajayikayod:

Bro, d dividing line btw d audience of Christ words are so thin but clear by d Spirit. U definitely cant tell me dt all Jesus account in Matt-John still applies to us today. In sincerity will u say because Jesus said to a Jew, do ds, dt means we should all b doing it? No. We need to search to know how dt applies to a New Creation. If u agree dt all Jesus said is for us then wat about ds he said:

Lu 5:14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

If u agreed Jesus supported Tithing, u should agree he supported ds also, in fact according to Moses commandment:

Lev 14: 4 Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop: {birds: or, sparrows}
5 And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:

Bro, do u still do ds And pls dont come up wit Jesus has saved us from soooo and soooo. Lets apply across board lik u informed.

Jesus said...u are purified by the words is speak to you... John 15v3....who was he addressing?

You dare say some of Jesus' sayings are done away with, as in, they no longer apply to us..even when he said the words that He speaks to us ARE (not will be or were) SPIRIT and LIFE ...how then did you conclude some of his words no longer apply to us?

Bidam asked Zikky a kweshun he couldn't answer, I would ask u same in the same light as you folks think Jesus hadntwo audiences at the time CHRISTIANS and JEWS
From the above bold consider this Scripture

John 3v3
KJV:Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Was Jesus addressing a Jew or the whole world? Does this apply to a Jew today?

As for the scripture in Luke u quoted, let's see the NLT

:Then Jesus instructed him not to tell anyone what had happened. He said, “Go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.

Can't you see? We are back to the types of category in the law... drummerboy said there are no such categories... are you of such ideology? What I and op are saying is, the moral and ethical parts of the law are eternal, example of such was in matt 23v23... let me ask you, in matt 23v 23, the weightier matters of the law Jesus was talking about, do they still apply to you today or is it discarded?

If u can't answer any, pls answer my last question. Thank you
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Gombs(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Zikky said in matt 23, the weithier part of the law, Jesus was speaking to the Christians, and the tithe part was to the Jews. I asked him, but the apostles were first called Christians at antioch...he just neglect the kweshun, in guisemof he wants to stay on topic....

Ajayikoyode, , what sayeth thou?...do u concur with Zikky?
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Alwaystrue(f): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
ajayikayod:
To u in all sincerity, do u think d bolded Jesus statement above was in or written in d Law of Moses? Seriously, wit sincerity. Did d Law of Moses condemned he who looked at another man's wife lustfully? Wat was d written consequence then?
Moses Law condemned direct adultery. Infact in his (Moses) days, ppl must hav lust over and over with out judgement because they were not found in d act of adultery as written in d Law. U dont judge a man on a Law dt doesnt exist.
Moses Law:--Exo 20: 14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Jesus Words:---Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Do u actually believed Jesus was recognizing d Law here? No, he was annulling it by bringing d reality. He quoted dt not to show them to do it but to show its inadequacy. U actually think dt Jesus statement was from d Law? No it wasnt, ppl would hav lusted in d Law of Moses and go free because d Law doesnt capture/require dt. It's a Law dt never existed b4.
If a country change a particular Law, does d former exist side by side wit d latter? Its more lik Jesus actually givin another Law concerning adultery, infact if Jesus was a ruler lik Moses, from thereforth any man who lust after a woman will b judge wit out committing d act. Is dt d Law of Moses?
Most times whn we talked about d Law of Moses is done away wit, some Law brethren think we ar saying go and do watever u lik, no Law again. Ds has prevented many from doing proper study to kno wat such statement meant. Hence it raises confusion on struggling btw grace and works.
On d bolded (2). Can u let us kno by wat Law do u live by? Law of d Spirit or Law Sin and Death. Do u think a man can live by both? Or thr is a mix of d two?
2 Cor 2:15-16 talked about those who still take such Law as foundation to rightness and wrong, those who found it hard to b seperated from Moses.
But u hav neglected vs 17-18 dt talked about d veil lifted, in d Spirit, in liberty from Moses. Except we refuse to believ d words and terms used by Bro Paul in seperating d two. Its so clear dt u cant operate under d two.
So i ask u again, under wat Law do u (Alwaystrue) operates now to kno d truth.

If you could cool down and read what I have been saying from the beginning of my post on this thread, you will understand that I said behind every law of the letter was the law of the Spirit.

The law of the Spirit is 'Do not lust'; the law of the letter is 'Do not commit adultery'. Jesus came to give the full expression, the fulfilment of the law not ANNUL it. Whoever goes ahead to physically commit the adultery ( that is bring to reality the lust in his heart) has placed himself under the law (Gal. 5:18, he is not walking in the Spirit) and needs to run back to Jesus for MERCY and grace to HELP. That us the school master bringing is to Christ like the adulterous woman that Christ said 'Go nd Sin no more'. Commiting physical adultery has consequencess that many suffer from even today.
If the person does not carry out the lust, he has still sinned in God's eyes and needs to ask for forgiveness from God.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by ajayikayod: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Gombs:

Jesus said...u are purified by the words is speak to you... John 15v3....who was he addressing?

You dare say some of Jesus' sayings are done away with, as in, they no longer apply to us..even when he said the words that He speaks to us ARE (not will be or were) SPIRIT and LIFE ...how then did you conclude some of his words no longer apply to us?

Bidam asked Zikky a kweshun he couldn't answer, I would ask u same in the same light as you folks think Jesus hadntwo audiences at the time CHRISTIANS and JEWS
From the above bold consider this Scripture

John 3v3
KJV:Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Was Jesus addressing a Jew or the whole world? Does this apply to a Jew today?

As for the scripture in Luke u quoted, let's see the NLT

:Then Jesus instructed him not to tell anyone what had happened. He said, “Go to the priest and let him examine you. Take along the offering required in the law of Moses for those who have been healed of leprosy. This will be a public testimony that you have been cleansed.

Can't you see? We are back to the types of category in the law... drummerboy said there are no such categories... are you of such ideology? What I and op are saying is, the moral and ethical parts of the law are eternal, example of such was in matt 23v23... let mie ask you, in matt 23v 23, the weightier matters of the law Jesus was talking about, do they still apply to you today or is it discarded?

If u can't answer any, pls answer my last question. Thank you

If u tell me dt Luk 4:15 doesnt apply to us again, is it not also d word of Jesus? As u described, we ar to carry out every word from d Master. How will those b done away wit and others remain. I think from ur explanations all should remain. 2 Corith 3 never categorize Law, it called it one name: Moses. And he said its Law of condemnation, sin and death.

If u believ Christ supported tithing, isnt it clear here dt he supported animal sacrifice too?I won t agree wit u neglectin a part of it in d name of it was done away wit. The truth is, two laws cant exist side by side. Thr is a law of sin and death in Moses and a law of Spirit of life in Christ. Its not a modification, or upgrade, its a total annulment of old for d new. It amazed me why we still see d Law of d Spirit side by side wit d Moses, They dont even resemble each other. In applications, effects, consequence, judgment etc. Do u compare all ds to kno d difference? Mayb u should.

Also, can u tell me, of wat Law do u live by? Law of d Spirit or Law of Moses?

On Matt 23:23; Someone already told u wat d weightier things of d Law were as said by Jesus. But do u actually think those are d same as in d Law of d Spirit? Do u think the weightier thing (love) as given in d Law of Moses is d same as given by d Spirit of life? See wat d Law says about love:

Matt 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. (Ds is wat d Law called Love)

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Ds is wat d Spirit calls Love).

How is d above d same message, law, instructions, commandments? How? How is Moses (moral law) as u called it d same as Christ Law. How?

At d end of d tunnel of Moses thr resides d Light, d Spirit and God. Until we reach such end we mit not b able to differentiate btw d Spirit and Moses.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by DrummaBoy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
Joagbaje:

Pastor chris is an apostle so what? Kenneth hagin was an apostle , smith wiggles worth was apostle and we have many apostles in the bible day and in our day. Except you don't know the meaning of the word apostle . The only 2 offices of apostles that cannot be claimed is the office of christ as our chief apostle and the apostles of the lamb who's name were written in the new Jerusalem .Apostles are still been raised in every generation . Pauline epistles were not written as a book to complete the bible . The church fathers did that and I don't have any problem with it. My post on Nairaland can be added to the future bible too. Pauline epistles were his personal letters and admonitions to his church members. So it's like any DVD and audio message by any of the ministers of our day. That' doesn't take away the fact that he was part of the church foundational apostle .ministry is the work of the Holy Spirit he doesn't diminish he is still doing his work through ministers in every generation .
I am not a law advocate . I am scripture advocate trying to curb the excesses of extremists because the Old Testament you try to discredit was the only canonised scripture the early church had. Which they study to show themselves approved. Because they were the scriptures in their generation inspired by the holyghost.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Pastor Chris is an Apostle?

Kenneth Hagin an Apostle?...

Even Joagbaje and all those liking his posts could be apostles one day?

smh...

No wonder we have apostolic error reigning in the body of Christ all over the place these days!!!

If this is how you think, there is no need discussing with you anymore. I am done here; I have done my bit.

*Unfollows thread*
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

you see ya self? you are now discussion something else. you should be asking if joagbaje's post is the word of God smiley that's what we are discussing.
I am in line..You are the guy here shifting the goal post.Pst Jo wrote that his post can be the future bible and you went ahead to ridicule it..Ofcos you have forgotten that it is not everything in the bible that is the word of God.bible simply means goodnews.
Re: Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong by Goshen360(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
ajayikayod:

[size=15pt]The truth is, two laws cant exist side by side.[/size] Thr is a law of sin and death in Moses and a law of Spirit of life in Christ. Its not a modification, or upgrade, its a total annulment of old for d new. It amazed me why we still see d Law of d Spirit side by side wit d Moses, They dont even resemble each other. In applications, effects, consequence, judgment etc. Do u compare all ds to kno d difference? Mayb u should.
Also, can u tell me, of wat Law do u live by? Law of d Spirit or Law of Moses?

How can you teach this kind of truth eh, how? Noooo, I don't agree with you. Someone can be under the shower\rain and still be dry at the same time. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.