Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Girls night out discussions - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girls night out discussions (86800 Views)

Home Economics Discussions For Moms / Girls Night Out Part 2!!!! Better And Simplified / Boys Night Out Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls night out discussions by 5minsmadness: 9:11am On Aug 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gringrin it goes both ways when guys boot girls out gringrin

oya move nowgrin
Make me! grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by 5minsmadness: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:

The next topic for our discussion is the younger the man the better for us ladies cool
What? shocked

Hmmm. Maybe I'll watch from the sidelines afterall....
Re: Girls night out discussions by SAMBARRY: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
5minsmadness:

Make me! grin
ok let me start calling them

cococandy
EfemenaXY
Chillisauce
tearoses
Idowuogbo
bukatyne
KanwuliaJara

come and drive this man away from here cheesy grin

this is girls night out grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin and I have both i.e An iPhone and a Samsung. I just feel better writing am old fashioned that way . I have a Kindle but I will still be buying books. I just don't think the E-reader gives that turning pages experience. I have Zillions of Bible Apps etc but I still take my Bible to church. That bible is as battered as anything with coat of many colours markings inside but I can cry if lose it.

Kimoni:
Damiso and tearoses - You realise you are only allowed to use Nokia 3310, because these expensive phone manufacturers (Apple, Samsung...) won't be happy that after selling their expensive phones to you with orisirisi organizer apps, you are both still making use of post it angry
;

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by SAMBARRY: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:

The next topic for our discussion is the younger the man the better for us ladies cool
hope you are not in any way encouraging pedophilia grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by wisdomiskey(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2015
yuh guyz shud
invite francistony 2
yuh girlz chitchat

afterall, gossipin' wit
bissshes iz his forte! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2015
moca:

Was enjoying ur debate on religion.

U will make a good lawyer kiss
Lol, thank you.

Everyone that knows me keep saying that, Since better late than never, I just might try my luck with law.grin
Re: Girls night out discussions by wisdomiskey(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, thank you.

Everyone that knows me keep saying that, Since better late than never, I just might try my luck with law.grin

nah, try yuh luck at
getting nd keeping a man.

itz d main thing yuh struggle
wit in lyf kiss

1 Like

Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:

I am so interested in this topic.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Askseek(f): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2015
cococandy:
Ladies how do you handle a situation where your friend breaks up with her man who happens to be your man's friend?

This is all shades of awkward for me right now because I can't have him come over my place with his new girl (as he did once) while my babe may come around. I knew her before him so I'm girlcodes on her side.

But can't ask hubby to sacrifice his friendship with the dude just so I can preserve mine with my friend.
One selfish person would have to win here and I want it to be me. angry

I have been itching to ask this question and am afraid I have to one up u here. My friend is married like me for about 15 yrs and we have been friends for about 12 yrs. husbands met through us, we r actually a group of 4 friends that turned into family friends. We are practically neighbors. As in if rice finish in her house she will take from mine. The story started like play until it snowballed into something else. And for the longest I thought her husband was a jerk until forced intervention happened. See story, found out she had never been honest about the issues they were having, I mean she was wrong. Not holding brief for d man but she was more on d wrong. Now they r heading for divorce and it has torn our close group apart. We were the closest and I chose not to take a side but it affected me cos if we did not talk in a day then that day was incomplete. I have been so sad over it, the only choice I see is for the friendship to dry up. How does one handle this other than mind your business. There r some relationships that r so intertwined their business is ur business.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
That's probably the only thing left to do.
Let the friendship die a natural death.

E dey pain sha.
Askseek:

I have been itching to ask this question and am afraid I have to one up u here. My friend is married like me for about 15 yrs and we have been friends for about 12 yrs. husbands met through us, we r actually a group of 4 friends that turned into family friends. We are practically neighbors. As in if rice finish in her house she will take from mine. The story started like play until it snowballed into something else. And for the longest I thought her husband was a jerk until forced intervention happened. See story, found out she had never been honest about the issues they were having, I mean she was wrong. Not holding brief for d man but she was more on d wrong. Now they r heading for divorce and it has torn our close group apart. We were the closest and I chose not to take a side but it affected me cos if we did not talk in a day then that day was incomplete. I have been so sad over it, the only choice I see is for the friendship to dry up. How does one handle this other than mind your business. There r some relationships that r so intertwined their business is ur business.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Askseek:

Thats life dear
A very close friend of mine got divorced and after the divorce, it was like suddenly she was set free and her set of friends changed and she would spend weekends out of town etc and in the end we just gradually drifted.
When I think of it, it is painful because we were really close
Sometimes its really hard, but its just something that one has to accept in life.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
freecocoa:
According to her, he cheated a couple of times but apologised, yet still say that a man can't help it sometimes, therefore if such happens, the lady has to pray and do the usual red bra and pant thingy.

If he says "I want this thing this way" she can question but whatever he decides goes, regardless of what.

He did some things without consulting her, things she considered important.

Sometimes he took sides with his family when she was involved.

I guessed as much.

That's why I hate that 'stay for the kids' advice with So much passion angry

It is going to be So So hard for you to get through to her. She's probably seeing her dad in her guy and.If her mommy can stay with .the dad, why can't she?

Sad.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:
Yay this thread has been resurected. Thank you Buka

How do I cope with career and everything else? . . by organisig myself and planning ahead

I write a lot of notes. I have post it notes and note books for almost everything

Before I leave work for the day, I write a list of things I plan doing the next day and cros them off as I do them. I manage my own workload, so I need to be organised.

I write notes for my housework, I write notes for shopping, If I am going on holiday I write down thethings I need to pack
If I am going to Nigeria, I write down my iteniary before I even leave.

I also try and make things easy for myself. I do most of my housework & cooking on Friday evening so we can have a lie in on Saturday morning.
I try not to let things overwhelm me, and clean as I go along. So I may be in the kitchen cooking and as am waiting for the food to cook, just wipe down the kitchen cupboards and I clean the bathroom as I use it
I also cut corners a lot cool

True true.

Sometimes I cook in stages If I am going to be busy weekends. I go to market on day A, boil the stock same day or day b and mix the soup on fire day c grin

@Naijababe:

How do you store your vegetables?
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
moca:
Funny lady,u buky cheesy

I stopped commenting on d boys thread cos I don't like d way they treat us ladies there.

Observed that a long time ago.

Chei,babyosisi where r u? cry

@topic.
Really,i thought I can combine these three but for where. One has to bow and that was my career.

No choice.

If u have my kind of system,not to worry,take some time off and concentrate on others first, then u can re bounce back.

Not easy at all.

Lols

It was the boy's thread created for a purpose So we can't blame them from sending us away If we were derailing.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
That's what happens when you go to a place you're not invited and wanted

news flash: just like you don't attend every party you're invited to, you don't attend to every argument so if you're thrown out please my dear bukky, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND DONT BRING ME INTO IT especially after I've warned you previously of doing men pleaser

next

grin grin grin grin

More like Penis Worshipper shocked

You know I say it as I see it grin

@Askseek:

Are they willing to try again?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
bukatyne:

True true.

Sometimes I cook in stages If I am going to be busy weekends. I go to market on day A, boil the stock same day or day b and mix the soup on fire day c grin

@Naijababe:

How do you store your vegetables?

Okra I cook and portion up and freeze, I buy frozen spinach but kale and other naija type green veggies, I blanch and store in sandwich bags and freeze.
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
naijababe:

Okra I cook and portion up and freeze, I buy frozen spinach but kale and other naija type green veggies, I blanch and store in sandwich bags and freeze.

Wetin be Blanch?
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by SAMBARRY: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
bukatyne:

grin grin grin grin

More like Penis Worshipper shocked

You know I say it as I see it grin

@Askseek:

Are they willing to try again?
you've given yourself perfect name befitting of you. Thank God it came out of your hands yourself. So bukky back to the girls night out discussion. What is the agenda for this today wink
Re: Girls night out discussions by Askseek(f): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
cococandy:
That's probably the only thing left to do.
Let the friendship die a natural death.

E dey pain sha.
Yes but as a dear friend of mine told me many years ago "we meet to part, we part to meet". It's just sometimes I feel I betrayed her but my head knows that it's time to let go.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Askseek(f): 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
tearoses:

Thats life dear
A very close friend of mine got divorced and after the divorce, it was like suddenly she was set free and her set of friends changed and she would spend weekends out of town etc and in the end we just gradually drifted.
When I think of it, it is painful because we were really close
Sometimes its really hard, but its just something that one has to accept in life.

Yes the partying, I didn't mention. Partying every weekend. It's almost like I don't know her anymore, but u r right. That's life and we move on.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 05, 2015
@tearoses, all of us have differences in taste actually. I may like a younger guy but u will not.

I learnt that some ladies who marry older guys do that to fill d vacuum of father figure in their lives(not sure if this is true anyway)

Personally,i love guys between my age bracket so I won't be compelled to daddy and sir u.

A big turn off even when dating anytime a person way older than me approaches me.

Don't know why sha
Re: Girls night out discussions by tollu: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by jaybee3(m): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2015
I'm here to observe (Gbeborun things)
Re: Girls night out discussions by innervoice(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2015
tollu:
Totally agree with Moca

It all depends on taste. I never dated any one older than me by more than 5 years. And my olorioko bambam sef is within range.
For me, it's likely because of my playful nature, I nor know weda uncle wey senior me with donkey years go fit handle my play play. And guy wey I old pass must be very firm and totally confident cos I'm a first child and a Leo. So used to being a leader, I had to find a balance.

One almost perfect specimen was in my life at a point. His education was pretty fast and when he started earning cool bucks, I was still in 200 level or so. Tall, velvet voice, christian, but I am a couple of months older than him. He looked NOTHING like his age.
Bottom line, I wasn't feeling him though he wanted to wife me asap.
Fast forward to some years later, he asked what the problem was and why I didn't want to be serious with him back then and the easiest thing I could come up with was the age thing (in all honesty, between you people and I, his age wasn't a problem at all. His "something" was unbelievably small, almost like a child's. I couldn't understand why a fine strapping guy like that had a kini that couldn't belleful me and his dress sense left a lot to be desired, we just didn't gel sha) and then he said his wife is actually 3 years older than him.

So ladies do younger men well well, apart from the previous example, I am friends with another couple with a similar set up of older wife. Then one of my good friends has like 20sth years between her and her man. Omo, we no even fit hang out as couples. To greet the man na with both my knees dey approach ground subconsciously. She loves it that way though and she never dated a guy within her age range na agbalagbis she prefer from day one.

Taste is everything.

Re: Girls night out discussions by innervoice(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Girls night out discussions by bukatyne(f): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
@Peeps

Came across a funny quote..

'Marriage is a bribe to make the housekeeper think she's a householder'.... Thornton Wilder

'Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture.'.... H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Re: Girls night out discussions by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
This tollu na real badt girl o, kai!!! Small kini grin grin grin grin

I dated an older man and mehn it was no picnic o jare, all his siblings were older than me and expected me to call 'em 'aunty kinikan' Playing with him outside was a no no and don't even get me started on his friends who warned him many times that I lacked respect and was rather arrogant because I always spoke English to me angry

I got asked out by a guy two years younger during my uni days, I told him pointedly that I do not date younger men ni. My oga is almost 4 yrs older and thst is just perfect in my books.
Re: Girls night out discussions by cococandy(f): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Any Man below 5 years older than I am is too young for me. lipsrsealed
I knew that right from when I still dey belle.
Re: Girls night out discussions by damiso(f): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Had this conversation with someone and just thought to get your thoughts Ladies.

Are you totally averse to the idea of living apart from your spouse for long periods?

Now I would or have always thought I could not stomach the idea. We have to be together all the time. Especially now that we have little children that could be handful for one person. I always used to say I will never be a married single mother we must be in it together. But as I grow a bit in age and marriage I am beginning to think I am not now totally averse to the idea. The conversation sprung up from a couple I know who live in Canada but the husband took a multinational Job that took him to certain countries in East Africa. The wife said he took the job so they could pay off their mortgage, pay to put their kids though college without taking out a student loan and also to save a bit more for their retirement. Their children are 16 and 13 respectively. They both shuttle between Kenya and Canada but probably see each other every 3 months.

I used to think what kind of marriage is that where one person lives somewhere and the other person lives somewhere else but now I think though not ideal ,its not totally the end of the world or the marriage depending on the couple involved and what stage of marriage they are at. Sometimes certain sacrifices have to be made to accomplish certain things and for some people being separated from their spouse for a while( note I used the world a while) might be how they could attain some level of Financial security as a family.

I am not too sure if I would be as adamant as before if hubby gets a job that would take him abroad for 2/3 years that could mean we could pay off our mortgage and do some other certain investments within that 2/3 year period. If I got a job that would take me abroad as well I don't know if I would have the heart to leave my kids behind though but unlike before I think I would consider it . I would hate it especially now but I am now a bit more practical to know that children get older they get more expensive. I might not take the job and even be reluctant for hubby to take it but I would not totally reject the idea like I used to. I don't think I would not even consider it a couple of years down the line when my children are the ages of the couple I mentioned. The person I was chatting with was a bit judgemental towards the arrangement saying everything is not money and that being apart gives room for temptations to occur( which I agree might be true and is a valid argument) My argument was we cant totally judge them for their decisions and I understand and can see why they might have agreed to that arrangement.

I commented on a thread with the lady who was not happy that she could not join her husband in Europe but I think that case is different as it was a young marriage with no definite end to the separation in sight.

So I think both arguments in favour and against are valid BUT something I think could work and not totally ruin a marriage depending on those involved.

what are your thoughts?
Re: Girls night out discussions by freecocoa(f): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
Okay ladies, so when does it become "expecting too much" in a man?

I should give a synopsis for better understanding.

Ok so you were in a relationship for say 2 years or more and it was okay, you both were in love but usually argue about things, not like in a quarrelsome way, just tend to see things differently a lot and are both very passionate about your views which kinda makes it get personal most times, but along the line, you noticed he's tilted a whole lot to your side, while still holding unto some of his.

He tends to get really angry when he gets angry and doesn't really give people second chances and that's something you don't like, as you on the other hand can give chances die and you wish he was taller than he is, funnier and act in what you believe is a "more civilised" way, he's not bush or anything, you just believe there's still room for refinement.

But are you sure this guy loves you? You can say a resounding yes and he does it with a passion that can literally be felt, sometimes you even fear if this is just love, he is extremely proud of you, all his friends place you on a pedestal, you are sure he'd defend you even if they say something not pleasant about you, in plain words, he adores you. Yet somehow, you can't get to look past the things listed, as you keep feeling like if he doesn't meet up to those expectations, you'd never really be happy with him, you realise you love him but just can't seem to admire him.

Do you think those things are too trivial a thing to look out for in a man and hold onto? Or is she stuck in lalaland?

Cc
Bukatyne
edwife
Cococandy
Babygirl
naijababe
Tollu
Mizmycoli( I no trust this spelling)
Standd
Tearoses
Moca

Etc etc

Eventhough I had my issues with how babyosisi handles some cases, she does give good advice on this kinda topics, I miss her small.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.