Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (25289 Views)

Nigeria Politics 2015: GEJ Might Lose As An incumbent, And Here's Why - / 2015: Jonathan May Drop Sambo For Yerima / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 06, 2014
agbameta:

http://www.panapress.com/Obasanjo-commissions-new-power-plant--13-504388-17-lang2-index.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200702270380.html

Lies and ignorance can not help you.... Jonathan is yet to initiate or build any power plant.

[b]LOL please how many MW were we generating before OBJ came into power and how many MW were we generating when he left office? hahahaha You APC goons are very funny to watch.

GEJ is building 10 power plants including the already inaugurated 434MW Geregu II and 530 MW in Ondo. Currently we are generating about 4000 MW from about 2000 MW before you APC partisans destroyed the gad-dem gas pipeline, sending us back to the stone age.

Jonathan Commissions 530 Megawatts Power Plant In Ondo

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/19/jonathan-commissions-530-megawatts-power-plant-in-ondo/

Jonathan commissions Geregu Power Plant

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/jonathan-commissions-geregu-power-plant/

Other power projects awaiting commissioning are:

Calabar, 630 MW
Egbema, 378 MW
Ihorvbor, 504 MW
Gbarain, 252 MW
Sapele, 504 MW
Omoku, 252MW
Alaoji, 1076 MW and
Olorunsogo, 750 MW

In 3 years one man has done all these in the power sector and yet diversifying our economy, funding agriculture, restructuring our aviation sector with state of the art technology, giving our youth a chance with the YouWin Program, and our economy is standing at No. 1 in the world.

Yet you're still complaining, posting websites of OBJ who spent 8 years in office, commissioned power plants on paper and abandoned all the projects and ran off with the money.

Agbameta you're a public nuisance on Nairaland, i know you very well for the short time i've spent here and every other Nairalander know you too as a nuisance here.
[/b]
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy:

Very high on emotional outburst.....but profoundly deficient in sound reasoning.....pathetic.

And you don't have anything to say hence you're "chickening" out like a looser that you are.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by joromi: 5:51am On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

Man shut up. How much were you generating since 1960 - 2010? In 2010 you were generating 2000 MW but a non-noise-making man came and doubled it within 3 years and you APC agents still went and destroyed the gas pipelines that supplies gas to 4 power plants.

Why? What for? You APC keep talking about change but all your moves shows that you care more about getting into power than the suffering of the common man.

Can't you read between the lines ?

One day, they claimed they were generating 4000 MW...
Few weeks later when we asked why we were yet to feel the effect... They say "their enemies" vandalized pipelines....
WTH....
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 06, 2014
joromi:

Can't you read between the lines ?

One day, they claimed they were generating 4000 MW...
Few weeks later when we asked why we were yet to feel the effect... They say "their enemies" vandalized pipelines....
WTH....

Did you enjoy a relatively stable power in your house in early 2013?

Note: 4,000 MW is not enough to meet the need of Lagos alone but there was significant improvement in power in early 2013. Did you witness this improvement or not?
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by joromi: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

Did you enjoy a relatively stable power in your house in early 2013?

Note: 4,000 MW is not enough to meet the need of Lagos alone but there was significant improvement in power in early 2013. Did you witness this improvement or not?

No...

Please do confirm from your relatives in naija too...
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2014
GEJ and Chime is NOT a good combination.

It would lose Jona votes of the North and the South West, as well as large segments of the Middle Belt.

Please....let us stop this tribalistic nonsense. Jona has lost a lot of friends. If he wants to win the elections, he betta get friends in the North and SouthWest...urgently.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2014
joromi:

No...

Please do confirm from your relatives in naija too...

[b]My parents told me that they are enjoying power in early 2013, i confirmed this from my relative. I also confirmed from friends and they said it is not 24/7 but they are enjoying a relatively steady power supply.

Even there was a post about it on Nairaland but it will never make the front page because it does not serve the interest of the APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/1438317/lagosians-commend-phcn-improved-power

And on Business day

http://businessnews.com.ng/2013/09/13/lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply/

Suddenly, the APC got jealous and blew up the gas pipe line powering 4 power plants, sending us back to the stone age. Now you're denying that you did not witness the improvement. Why APC? Why make Nigerians suffer because of your political will? Why the struggle and desperation to get into power if you really want to serve Nigerians?

Why should Nigerians suffer because you want to propagate the idea that GEJ is a failure? Stop the war and propaganda and embrace peace and civilization. If you want to proof GEJ wrong, do that in the poll. Stop destroying our infrastructure.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 6:47am On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=Obiagelli]Going by achievement and overwhelming love for Gej across the country, the pdp should pick enugu state governor as vice presidential candidate for 2015.

Chime has performed excellently well and this would also make easy the actualisation of an igbo president in 2019.

By doing that, you would further alienate the North and the South West...and the Middle Belt isn't even certain yet.
Sometines in politics, you have to make compromises.

We should do without the Northern born to rule mentality.

Another reason is that the pdp is purging itself of corrupt northern elements.

And therein is the problem Ihave with some GEJ supporters.

OP, some of you are so bigoted that you hate anything northern.Admittedly, the Northerners have also been seriously tribalistic (witness their arrogant behaviour in 2011), but that does not mean that GEJ's people should be tribalistic too.

If you want to win in 2015, ditch the anti-Northern and anti South West rhetoric. Get GEJ to fight corruption, improve power supply and spend more on infrastructure projects....and he may yet win.

Besides, it is high time we ditched this Northern or Igbo or Yoruba president nonsense and voted for performance or willingness to perform.If we want rotational presidency....put it in the constitution via National Assembly.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 6:52am On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=rudedough]

[b]My parents told me that they are enjoying power in early 2013, i confirmed this from my relative. I also confirmed from friends and they said it is not 24/7 but they are enjoying a relatively steady power supply.

Even there was a post about it on Nairaland but it will never make the front page because it does not serve the interest of the APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/1438317/lagosians-commend-phcn-improved-power

And on Business day

http://businessnews.com.ng/2013/09/13/lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply/

That is in Lagos. Power Supply is still awful in the rural areas across the country. Inthe FCT.....outside Abuja , there is little or zero power supply in the city.

PDP needs to invest in nuclear power like South Africa did.....they just aren't couragoeus enough to do it. Plus, they made a silly mistake in sacking Prof Nnaji.....they need to bring him back.

Power supply is still bad in most parts of Nigeria.

Suddenly, the APC got jealous and blew up the gas pipe line powering 4 power plants, sending us back to the stone age. Now you're denying that you did not witness the improvement. Why APC? Why make Nigerians suffer because of your political will? Why the struggle and desperation to get into power if you really want to serve?

Why should Nigerians suffer because you want to propagate the idea that GEJ is a failure? Stop the war and propaganda and embrace peace and civilization. If you want to proof GEJ wrong, do that in the poll. Stop destroying our infrastructure.[/b]

1.Do you have proof that APC blew up the pipeline? If you don't then you have just committed libel. Sad.

2.Is APC responsible for power supply to most of the nation that still has poor power supply.? No...it is PDP

3.Stop blaming the failures of the PDP governemnt on the opposition.....the PDP is in charge, not the APC.

4.PDP has a lot of improving to do.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=mad nigerian][/quote]

I get where you are coming from and i know where you're driving at but don't tell me that there was no power supply in Abuja or any other places except Lagos. That is being economical with the truth. Read the comments in those links and see Nigerians from all over commending the improvement. Everyone except the APC goons experienced the improvement.

Anyway let me ask you two questions only.

How many Nigerians can afford a dynamite explosive?

And of what interest does it serve Nigerians other than the desperate APC to blow up a gas pipeline supplying 4 power plants?

If you can answer these questions righteously then you will know who blew up the gas pipeline. Why?
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 7:04am On Jan 06, 2014
Theproblem with discussions on GEJ'S presidency is that it always degenrates into a tribal war-fest.

Right now, we are being told by many supporters of GEJ that we must vote for him because he is a Southerner and a Christian.Likewise, the North says that GEJ should not be voted for because of an 'agreement'. Note that it is't about performance, or about a commitment to do right from both sides, but about getting my tribe into power.

Why?Because Nigerians as a whole are not interested in development, or in fighting corruption. The average Nigerian is far more interested in benefiting from looted oil money. And even if we divide, we would still think in the same way. That is why our political class at all levels does not perform well in office.....it is because Nigerians do not want them to perform. Nigerians only want them to give a share of the looted funds....so that they can enjoy.....and enjoy.

I think that whoever wins the elections in 2015....Nigeria will continue to be in a mess. Until Nigerians stop looking for crumbs and tidbits from the elite's tables and start looking for actual development....like better schools, better roads, high speed railways, 80,000 watts of power supply, end to corruption, etc. Nigerians should start being a serious people.....this isn't about my tribe or yours.It is about the legacy we leave for future generations.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Gamji007: 7:06am On Jan 06, 2014
Obiagelli:
you never see nothing.

This your thread suppose enter [size=16pt]HALL OF FAME[/size] for the [size=16pt]THE MOST HILLARIOUS[/size] of the year 2014.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by eaglechild: 7:12am On Jan 06, 2014
KIRIJI: yoruba people are evil. Their heart is black just like the black amala they use to eat
You could not have put it better.

I think you are more of a masochist.
You suck at sarcasm.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 7:13am On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=rudedough]

[b]I get where you are coming from and i know where you're driving at but don't tell me that there was no power supply in Abuja or any other places except Lagos. That is being economical with the truth. Read the comments in those links and see Nigerians from all over commending the improvement. Everyone except the APC goons experienced the improvement.

I speak from my own experience living in the FCT.....power supply is still awful in all the area councils apart from Abuja Municipal.

And I can say the same for most parts of the country....outside Abuja and Lagos.

My solution is that we need to invest in Nuclear power....which could add up to 15,000 MW to the power supply. Plus, bring MAMBILLA Hydro on line, as well as more investment in solar energy...a joint project with Niger to build solar panel arrays in the Sahara could be of immense benefit.

Thermal power is fine, but limited.

Anyway let me ask you two questions only.

How many Nigerians can afford a dynamite explosive?

Quite a number can....seeing the explosions by people in MEND and Boko Haram....plus ye don't need dynamite to make a big boom.

Again, most of Nigeria's pipeline infrastructure is old and needs replacement.

Plus, NNPC has a big problem with sabotuers who routinely sabotage power lines so that they can award fat contracts to fix things(this problem predates GEJ...i first heard about it in the 90's). Anyways, the gas line has been repaired.

And of what interest does it serve Nigerians other than the desperate APC to blow up a gas pipeline supplying gas to 4 power plants?

If you can answer these questions righteously then you will know who blew up the gas pipeline. Why?[/b]

I doubt APC needs to blow up a gas pipeline to prove that power supply is poor in Nigeria...they just need to go to Abaji Area Council in the FCT....and ask about the power supply there, or many rural areas North or South...and they will get their proaganda.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by eaglechild: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2014
mad nigerian: GEJ and Chime is NOT a good combination.

It would lose Jona votes of the North and the South West, as well as large segments of the Middle Belt.

Please....let us stop this tribalistic nonsense. Jona has lost a lot of friends. If he wants to win the elections, he betta get friends in the North and SouthWest...urgently.
The OP is a Yorobar bigot.
Go and read the first page then you will understand her purpose.

We Yorobars are intelligent, we are the only tribes that go to school.

We are all graduates, we just don't like enrolling in JAMB or WAEC, and we prefer to live under rusted roofs because we are very humble and respect our parents so we will never pull down the roofs they spent their lifetime building.

Instead it is better to throw owambe party for them.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by omusiliyu(m): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2014
That will be the calamity of the millenium.. Yoruba and Hausa that have about 70% of the population cant vote for that combination
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by madnigerian: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2014
eaglechild:
The OP is a Yorobar bigot.
Go and read the first page then you will understand her purpose.

We Yorobars are intelligent, we are the only tribes that go to school.

We are all graduates, we just don't like enrolling in JAMB or WAEC, and we prefer to live under rusted roofs because we are very humble and respect our parents so we will never pull down the roofs they spent their lifetime building.

Instead it is better to throw owambe party for them.

Your sarcasm becomes you.

BTW....we Nigerians need to stop voting for people on the basis of tribe and religion....and on actual performance.

And PDP over the last 14 years does not impress me much.

And I am not Yoruba, thank you, or Hausa or Igbo.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2014
interesting thread, hilarious response.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by MaziOmenuko: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2014
ilugunboy:

The disease is call SARCASM... grin grin
I love the new twist! You were having your fun when the thread was in politics section; but when it hit frontpage, it became a nightmare explaining to your pals what the joke was all about.
Now you're finding it hard to sell the thread as sarcasm.

How does it feel getting the heat turned to you?
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by joromi: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:
I love the new twist! You were having your fun when the thread was in politics section; but when it hit frontpage, it became a nightmare explaining to your pals what the joke was all about.
Now you're finding it hard to sell the thread as sarcasm.

How does it feel getting the heat turned to you?

Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by peruso: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Someone wrote this post ans has 13 "likes" that's to let you know that in today's nigeria, any and anything is possible!!
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by BrightestLight(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2014
I would suggest Gov Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state run with GEJ(he's very effective and doesnt take nonsense).
Too bad he's in another party.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by EzePromoe: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2014
Nairaland is now in the toilet.
This thread was meant to be in the Jokes Section, but it still beats my imagination how it made Frontpage.

THE OLD NAIRALAND IS GONE cry
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by daoye: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Whatever may be the political situation in the country I am of the opinion that gej will rule again
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by nairaarea: 9:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Eze Promoe: Nairaland is now in the toilet.
This thread was meant to be in the Jokes Section, but it still beats my imagination how it made Frontpage.

THE OLD NAIRALAND IS GONE cry

WELCOME TO 2014N. 2EVERY BODY NOW SUPPRTS GEJ LIKE INSINCERE 9GERIAN. .NO MATTER WHAT. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT IGBO PRESIDENCY
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Idokosolomon(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2014
Joseph th dreamer.Writer the dream in deed.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Orikinla(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2014
[size=18pt]Many Intellectually re-tarded Igbo tribal bigots on this topic.

Only an intellectually re-tarded and politically naive person as the OP will make such a recommendation.
No wonder the Igbos are the first tribe in the 21st century to establish baby factories as a cottage industry and kidnapping is their best trade after second hand clothes rag trade. Idiots.[/size]
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
we want to vote out those gworo and nama people they are corrupt element
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by ede1(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2014
cool
Jingo-OAU:
Demographycally and population wise, we the IGBOS have d largest population in Nigeria. In al the other states of the federation, we are always second in terms of population to the host communities.

So no Yoruba or Hausa should scare GEJ cos our votes alone can ensure victory for GEJ in 2015. What am I even talking about, our votes will forever ensure that GEJ stays in power like MUGABE till eternity

For you all to confirm this, you Yorubas can all see how the whole of Lagos and southwest become desolate just cos we travelled to our villages. We are the heart of Nigeria and nothing can change dat
Time will tell
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Ikem11(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2014
Am not in support of evil dat d boko haram pipo r doing but cum 2 tink of it, dey only killn dea own which dey warned us d ibos sud go home 4dem to deal wit dea pipo. If we all sit down n tink true den we understand d political play in dis boko haram of a tin.
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by Realman32: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2014
God has grin (laugh) @ all bokos sponsors, dey ar lik Jerıco in d tym of Joshua! Goodluck/Sulivan 2015! [color=#000099][/color]
Re: 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime by otukpo(f): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Yea. I was in Enugu this Christmas and i cam attest that Chime is a silent achiever.

Even the towns and villages in Enugu state felt Chime positively.

Not like the propaganda achievementt we have in Lagos.

If u want to know how deceitful the fashola development is, go to places like olodi apapa, ajegunle, these places stink. The roads are bad with refuse all over.. visit isolo, ejigbo, bad roads.

All faShola achievements are seen in surulere and island.

Too bad as the other areas are still part of Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Adewale Giwa To Gani Adams: Resign If You Can’t Sacrifice Your Life For Yorubas / Investors Decry Wike's Shutdown Of Rivers, Onne Port / Boris Johnson Arrives In Nigeria For A Keynote Speaking Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.