Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303096 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2015
BoboYekini :
[b]Brings me to the next question... Can you fight? I mean really fight and knock someone tha fùck out. [/b]How many of us can really fight and put the fear of God in that assailant? This is a necessary skill brothers
I can't remember the last time I got involved in a physical fight and it's hard to picture myself knocking someone out. I do agree it's a necessary skill.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2015
Mutaino7:
i dey fear to even quote you sef... you fit audition to be jet li disciple in his next film cos as u dey endure beating so u go fit take harsh training..

Ha ha.... cheesy cheesy

Do you want to test my endurance? tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 6:52am On Nov 23, 2015
Mutaino7:
i dey fear to even quote you sef... you fit audition to be jet li disciple in his next film cos as u dey endure beating so u go fit take harsh training..

Hahahaha
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2015
bellong:

It was at Amuto nursery and primary school in the Island, very close to KWAM1's house when he was still singing Talazo fuji. This boy had a brawl with me and I was in nursery two, he was in 1, the stuff ended physical and blood started gushing from his eyes.

All the teachers took turn to beat me silly that day and was the last day I attended the school.

While trying to dodge him from exchanging fists, he landed a one shot punch on my left eye.
I was fortunate not to go partially blind but I treated it for two weeks.
Mycolleagues didn't understand why I couldn't fight back.

Wisdom in struggle is better than strength.

Guess the eye is really a reoccurring decimal for you!!! No wonder u ended up as a Chief Priest.... Lmao...glad you dey use your eyes "see spiritual things now"...lol.

Your story reminded of my childhood too, was a bit rascally in my primary school. Was always caught up with one issue or the other and I had to be flogged openly on the assembly ground.
The last straw was the day I beat a girl who had locked my shirt " typical Naija style" and to free myself after much warning, had to use all my brute force on her.

I was disgraced in the assembly, beaten like a common thief with others laughing. It was traumatic.

That was the last time I ever lay my hands on a woman or anyone in public.

However my twin brother and I were terror unto each other up till getting into University. We brawled over everything. Fight like Spatarcus and always go for "the kill".

That was my last memory of a physical fight.

But truly one just needs to learn some basics like you said. For self defence purposes only!!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2015
Kimoni:

Hahahaha

Replied you...

Royalroy..

The basics of self defense is a must to learn especially those living in a violence prone area.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2015
Mutaino7:
Like how they softened Adultery to Extra-marital affair OR fornication to Pre-marital sex... just to softened the accusing feeling when you pronounce it..

lol.. u guys are conspiracists

How does this soften up people

They mean the same thing
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ApexTitan(m): 8:04am On Nov 23, 2015
pickabeau1:

lol.. u guys are conspiracists

How does this soften up people

They mean the same thing

Watch the video (granted, its a parody) I posted earlier and get a glimpse of how warped things can get.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2015
ApexTitan:

Watch the video (granted, its a parody) I posted earlier and get a glimpse of how warped things can get.

ok

d video is funny

you have the right to feel not offended
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mutaino7:
Like how they softened Adultery to Extra-marital affair OR fornication to Pre-marital sex... just to softened the accusing feeling when you pronounce it..
Lol... cheesycheesy

I don't see the correlation of this to softening people up, but yes it really does make the accused person feel less sinful to have engaged in pre-marital sex as opposed to fornication...from the biblical perspective of a hypocritical Christian of course. grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mindfulness, you didn't answer a particular question from 5mins...or maybe you did and I missed it trying really hard and fast to skim through the course work you and TV have been sharing.

Either way, here it is:
What are you selling? gringrin

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
crackhaus:
Mindfulness, you didn't answer a particular question from 5mins...or maybe you did and I missed it trying really hard and fast to skim through the course work you and TV have been sharing.

Either way, here it is:
What are you selling? gringrin

Nothing.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mindfulness:

Nothing.
Nah, people just don't suddenly find meditation and the zen-espoused lifestyle practised by adherents of Buddhism so fascinating.

Really, what happened? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
TV01:

Please explain this divine core further, and perhaps the notion of well-being. Perhaps there is more than I am hearing, or I may be hearing it incorrectly?

You have to figure it out on your own. It is between you and God.
I am actually surprised you haven't yet.

Truth not based on feelings or individuals desire for their perceptions to constitute truth.

Now I know what it is not but I still don't know what it is.

Who can fully know God or grasp Him in His totality. We can but employ words, which are themselves limited by our finiteness. But some things make sense, like love, justice, etc.

Probably a whole list; I would imagine faithfulness - especially in relation to vows is a good one.

I can.

Feelings? And a desire to feel, and a desire to feel good about oneself, and this desire being satisfied, is evidence of, orthe actual connection to the divine? Help me here please?

No. When you feel connected to God, you feel great. There is no better feeling.

You appear to place the desire above the commitment? The desire may change or wane, should the commitment change because of that?

I don't place the desire above the commitment, I am simply pointing out that desire is the driving force behind your commitment. You desired to commit to someone, to have a wife and children and a monogamous marriage and this is why you decided to commit. Nobody forced you. This is what you wanted.

It comes first and foremost from a place of commitment, I get joy from keeping the commitment and seeing the outworking.

The commitment is a result of the desire to commit to someone.

Stressing the joy is fine - and I certainly convey that - it is not based primarily on the joy or feelings, and they also redound as a result.

It definitely is. If you didn't desire it, you wouldn't have married.

- Even in nature, danger is instilled first. Knowing what to avoid, is the first step to knowing what you should be looking for
- If you avoid the undesirable you have all to play for in seeking the desirable.
- If you jam the undesirable, you may seriously hinder your chances of ever finder the desirable
- Even if you do, there may be pain that will linger for generations
- You assume I'm done on that? - I typically say make yourself worthy", or "find a worthy spouse". I realise some may need greater depth.
- And in a sense, they are flip sides of the same coin.

Whatever reasons you may have had, the approach was very negative and counter-productive. I have explained why.

First sentence kinda right, second totally wrong, I don't necessarily stick to it because I "get joy", in fact, more because I give joy. And it is a sacrifice of sorts, I have less resources to myself, but I consider that a worthy sacrifice - and I still enjoy it tremendously. I don't have to put myself first to be well, healthy or joyful.

You contradict yourself here. If you didn't get joy from marriage and commitment, you wouldn't have decided to marry and commit.

Feelings don't come because they help? Does grieving help?

Yes, grieving helps. When I lost my father, I needed to mourn him. It was a coping mechanism and it was a relief. There is a reason why humans were equipped with tears that flow when we feel sadness.

You are reaching. All women are a burden and extremely annoying. it why they were put on earth grin. But whatever scenario you paint, and however I feel, it does not void the commitment I freely entered into.

Freely and joyfully.

As above

As above. cheesy

I don't share that notion either. Neither the one where you seem to be implying claims "makes mistakes". One attribute of the divine is perfection.

Absolutely.

1. As a father I know that human beings are not intrinsically good, that if left devoid of boundaries, they will incline to things that are not good.

As a mother I disagree. Kids need guidance but it doesn't mean that they are intrinsically bad.

2. You didn't answer my question about your being a mother - what basis do you have for your claim?

Just answered. I would appreciate it if you avoided asking personal questions from now on.

3. Learning and even developing does not necessarily change character - people do wrong despite knowing it's wrong, and what they ought to have done - and typically they do wrong based on "feelings".

No happy, joyful, fulfilled person who is connected to God does wrong.

For self-actualisation? And how do we know what "we were meant to achieve?

We figure it out.

At least share how you get the feeling in the first place, instead of simply predicating everything on it.

By taking good care of myself and by placing top priority on the most important relationship in my life - the one with God.

Maybe you need to define "feel good" to boot?

I don't think I have to.

What a spouse brings is something that you cannot find alone or within yourself.

This is not the point. The point I was making is that I can be happy regardless of his actions and decisions.

And I repeat, if good, is good, is good, with or without a spouse, why would you need or desire one?

Because we were born to desire and fulfill our desires. Once we fulfill a desire, another one is born and on and on it goes. This is the fun of it.

I see this as totally odd. Marriage is by definition, if people can make marriage what they want, then it becomes meaningless. If you can call any pet a dog, then the word dog loses all content. People can have any kind of relationship they want (with caveats), but that does not make that relationship a marriage.

Marriage has always undergone changes and people across different cultures have been defining and re-defining it and yet it has never become meaningless.

Although the way the world is going with it's feelings based legislation and it's "legalise it because it makes me feel good" narrative, I guess your thoughts may hold more sway in society than mine in this respect.

I don't agree. Everybody places a whole lot more value on "reason" rather than emotions, just like you, when in fact ALL of us are emotional beings who deny it like it is unnatural to be emotional.

Lifelong monogamous union of a male and female

Really? Is it an African tradition?

My own is conditional - good grades in school and 1st team premier league player by 18 or else grin

Mine isn't.

Vaguely familiar - I look him up.

Clear this space of scammers and reveall all those who present themselves and their lives falsely cheesy

Not my call.

Many variants does not mean there is no true one.

What is the only true one?

If indeed you could, you haven't with this effort. Thanks for your time.

TV

Welcome.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
crackhaus:

Nah, people just don't suddenly find meditation and the zen-espoused lifestyle practised by adherents of Buddhism so fascinating.

Really, what happened? grin

Something really good.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mindfulness:

Something really good.
Okay. Address this though.

Thought you weren't a Christian

And you're a mother? shockedshocked
Was that the reason for the break?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
crackhaus:

Okay. Address this though,

I don't feel like telling you my life story.

Thought you weren't a Christian.

Who said I was?

And you're a mother? shockedshocked
Was that the reason for the break?

lipsrsealed
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mindfulness:

I don't feel like telling you my life story.
No, that would be a bore.

Who said I was?
I assumed only Christians and Muslims believe in God, didn't know Buddhists do too...

lipsrsealed
Hmmm, becoming a mother must have been it then.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2015
crackhaus:

No, that would be a bore.

I assumed only Christians and Muslims believe in God, didn't know Buddhists do too...

Hmmm, becoming a mother must have been it then.

I am not a Buddhist. Anyway. Have a nice evening. I am out.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mindfulness:

I am not a Buddhist. Anyway. Have a nice evening. I am out.
Hehehe...

Not a Christian, not a Muslim, and not a Buddhist...but somehow you know that there's no better feeling than the feeling of being connected to God.

It is well.
Have a nice evening yourself, hopefully you come back in soon.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Hi Mindfulness,

My initial request was for you to answer some questions. That would be in order to grasp a better understanding of your beliefs and how you came about, live and /apply them.

I am yet to gain the sense of a coherent belief system. You’ve retreated to that place of asking instead of answering, using unexplained jargon, being otherwise cryptic or non-specific, and also rather defensive. Any slight probing and you seem anxious, the most innocuous questions seem to cause discomfort.

You are happy to reference my family, and even declare the basis of my desire, my motivations, contrary to what I myself claim, yet an innocent question and you wobble?

You have a footprint here. Issues you’ve waded in on, calls you’ve made, as well as what we know of you. If you are confident and secure in your beliefs why do you get so jittery? Simply outline them.

At best, you’ve presented something based and motivated totally on “feelings”? And contrary to your beatific posturing, you’ve been weirdly judgemental. Sounds like a therapeutic style spirituality that appeals to the emotional, weak and self-serving. Feelings gba ni!

I also looked up Eckhart Tolle, needless to say, nothing new there, so in a sense, no surprise. Enough said.

So once again, a pointed “thank you for your time”.

TV

8 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2015
TV01:

Hi Mindfulness,

My initial request was for you to answer some questions. That would be in order to grasp a better understanding of your beliefs and how you came about, live and /apply them.

I am yet to gain the sense of a coherent belief system. You’ve retreated to that place of asking instead of answering, using unexplained jargon, being otherwise cryptic or non-specific, and also rather defensive. Any slight probing and you seem anxious, the most innocuous questions seem to cause discomfort.

I have no coherent belief system to present to you. I have never claimed to have one apart from my relationship with God, which is free and not dependent on any religion. I don't need any religion or religious institution to be between me and God. I consider an unmediated connection far more fruitful and pure.

I don't feel anxious or uncomfortable at all. I enjoy this discussion immensely. I have the impression that you are projecting your own feelings. I may be wrong.

You are happy to reference my family, and even declare the basis of my desire, my motivations, contrary to what I myself claim, yet an innocent question and you wobble?

Whatever personal information you give out online is your choice. Whatever I share online about myself is my free choice. I prefer to discuss topics and views instead of personal issues online but if you give out any personal information that you feel comfortable with we can touch upon if it fits the context of the matter being discussed as well as we can refer to the information I decide to share about myself online.

You have a footprint here. Issues you’ve waded in on, calls you’ve made, as well as what we know of you. If you are confident and secure in your beliefs why do you get so jittery? Simply outline them.

At best, you’ve presented something based and motivated totally on “feelings”? And contrary to your beatific posturing, you’ve been weirdly judgemental. Sounds like a therapeutic style spirituality that appeals to the emotional, weak and self-serving. Feelings gba ni!

I feel like a Goddess and you think I am jittery? grin

I also looked up Eckhart Tolle, needless to say, nothing new there, so in a sense, no surprise. Enough said.

So once again, a pointed “thank you for your time”.

TV

Again, you are welcome.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2015
crackhaus:

Hehehe...

Not a Christian, not a Muslim, and not a Buddhist...but somehow you know that there's no better feeling than the feeling of being connected to God.

There is no need to follow a rigid and bogus belief system to connect with God. God has no religion.

It is well.
Have a nice evening yourself, hopefully you come back in soon.

It is very well. cheesy Thanks. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Chomzy19(f): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nawa for this kain discussion...

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by hariorh: 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
Chomzy19:
Nawa for this kain discussion...

E just tire me o

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2015
hey guys,

I've been reading about the sugabelly scandal and it's really upsetting if you ask me.

I see that to some extent we guys don't appear able or willing to hold ourselves to higher standards, pretty depressing stuff.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by funlord(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
netotse:
hey guys,

I've been reading about the sugabelly scandal and it's really upsetting if you ask me.

I see that to some extent we guys don't appear able or willing to hold ourselves to higher standards, pretty depressing stuff.

How are we sure the girl isn't lying? Or that the guy is guilty? Anyway the "side chick" game isn't for everyone if you ask me! But the girl making accusations has posted a lot of "alice in wonderland stories" prior to this on twitter so her credibility is in the loo!!!

There are rules that people in such "open relationships" need to establish and follow to the letter so as not to end up as tabloid fodder for the public! Once those lines get blurred, you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences! Like a MAN!!!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
netotse:
So guys(and assistant guys grin), I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time but I keep procrastinating:

Is there a difference between married and unmarried sex? I'm close to tying the knot and the missus and I are NSBM and sometimes I wonder.

I mean, you're married, so there's little furtive about married sex is there?(not counting when kids arrive), do you have the same thrill?

netotse:

it's a personal decision we both took separately (yep, root of the matter is Christianity), it hasn't been easy particularly because I'm not exactly a saint but it'll soon be over.

The closer the wedding gets, the easier it is to cross lines and I have at times wondered "what's the point?" but God dey sha.

Holá Netotse, I kinda missed this, so for what it's worth. Theologically this is pretty clear cut. NSBM is exactly right. When a couple agree and have the blessing of their families - and most especially when they are absolutely committed and their motivation is pure - I'm not sure the formality of actual marriage rites would make a huge physical difference.

Even the spiritual implications may be considered on the basis on which point the union actually takes place, as opposed to being formalised. In practice, I'd say wait, but that's as much for your witness to others as for yourself.

Your Christian walk is just that, yours. Although in this case there are two journeyers, so as a man it's good to hold to what you agreed - for your credibility - even if you feel somewhat differently. If you do/have your conscience will be a fair judge.

The only other practical consideration is if for any reason the union is not formalised - i.e you part ways - then what would one term the act? And of course if the union is not formalised and there is a pregnancy? Fulfilling righteousness, as opposed to being righteous, may mean erring on the side of caution mens you won't go far wrong.

I may sound a little jumbled here, or perhaps not adequately expressed the nuance I see grin.

All the best for your forthcoming nuptials, most hearty congratulations to the blessed couple. May your union be fruitful in a way that touches everyone around you and glorifies our God and Father.

Best
TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
netotse:
hey guys,

Totally missed this. Is it a ML issue? What are the facts??

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
TV01:

Totally missed this. Is it a ML issue? What are the facts??

TV

Some babe was in a relationship with the late Kogi state govs son a few years back, it wasn't a healthy relationship, according to her, he made her sleep with his friends and brothers several times and treated her like crap. They met when she was undergoing an internship where he worked years back. He was 25 she was 17. It's the usual naija thing, some people are asking her why she kept going back, some are calling the guy a rapist etc etc.

The recent rash of popularity is because she was jubilating on twitter when the former gov (and at the time of his passing, guber candidate) passed away. The gist had actually come out years ago (she blogged about it).

funlord:

How are we sure the girl isn't lying? Or that the guy is guilty? Anyway the "side chick" game isn't for everyone if you ask me! But the girl making accusations has posted a lot of "alice in wonderland stories" prior to this on twitter so her credibility is in the loo!!!
There are rules that people in such "open relationships" need to establish and follow to the letter so as not to end up as tabloid fodder for the public! Once those lines get blurred, you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences! Like a MAN!!!

To me, It's not about who's lying or not, If you're 25, carrying on such an "open relationship" with a 17 year old girl is wrong through and through, whatever the babes faults may be(she can't be blameless), that's where my grouse is, from where it looks, we're focusing on all the wrong things and ignoring the fact that if there's anyone that should be held to a higher standard here it's the guy. What he did was not acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
TV01:

Holá Netotse, I kinda missed this, so for what it's worth. Theologically this is pretty clear cut. NSBM is exactly right. When a couple agree and have the blessing of their families - and most especially when they are absolutely committed and their motivation is pure - I'm not sure the formality of actual marriage rites would make a huge physical difference.

Even the spiritual implications may be considered on the basis on which point the union actually takes place, as opposed to being formalised. In practice, I'd say wait, but that's as much for your witness to others as for yourself.

Your Christian walk is just that, yours. Although in this case there are two journeyers, so as a man it's good to hold to what you agreed - for your credibility - even if you feel somewhat differently. If you do/have your conscience will be a fair judge.

The only other practical consideration is if for any reason the union is not formalised - i.e you part ways - then what would one term the act? And of course if the union is not formalised and there is a pregnancy? Fulfilling righteousness, as opposed to being righteous, may mean erring on the side of caution mens you won't go far wrong.

I may sound a little jumbled here, or perhaps not adequately expressed the nuance I see grin.

All the best for your forthcoming nuptials, most hearty congratulations to the blessed couple. May your union be fruitful in a way that touches everyone around you and glorifies our God and Father.

Best
TV

I get your point, thanks for the best wishes.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by crackhaus: 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

There is no need to follow a rigid and bogus belief system to connect with God. God has no religion.

It is very well. cheesy Thanks. smiley
I'm sure you thought the bold text made sense...all I can see from it is you quoting verbatim what you obviously heard/read somewhere from someone you think has figured it all out.

The whole essence of God is wrapped around religion.
The moment anyone starts 'connecting with God' and experiencing this no better feeling, ergo, worshipping him, it becomes religion.
You can only connect to God by believing in a religion that has told you he's there to be connected with in the first place.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
netotse:

Some babe was in a relationship with the late Kogi state govs son a few years back, it wasn't a healthy relationship, according to her, he made her sleep with his friends and brothers several times and treated her like crap. They met when she was undergoing an internship where he worked years back. He was 25 she was 17. It's the usual naija thing, some people are asking her why she kept going back, some are calling the guy a rapist etc etc.

The recent rash of popularity is because she was jubilating on twitter when the former gov (and at the time of his passing, guber candidate) passed away. The gist had actually come out years ago (she blogged about it).

To me, It's not about who's lying or not, If you're 25, carrying on such an "open relationship" with a 17 year old girl is wrong through and through, whatever the babes faults may be(she can't be blameless), that's where my grouse is, from where it looks, we're focusing on all the wrong things and ignoring the fact that if there's anyone that should be held to a higher standard here it's the guy. What he did was not acceptable.

I agree with u

She mixed up perverse sex for love unfortunately it was a game she was not ready for

May there have been some incidences of râpe..i think there was

However the affair was mostly consensual just for the fact she was legally a minor

Tragic...I hear she is in the US

I hope she gets therapeutic help

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.