Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163246 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
spyder880: This is one of the metal doors we are planning to buy for this house, entrance and exit doors.
This is made in Turkey, selling for N60,000 for 3 feet sizes.

spyder880: The Turkish made 4 feet doors for the main entrance, selling for N120,000 each.

spyder880: All the metal doors you will be seeing now are proudly made in Nigeria.
3 feet sells for N18,000 each
4 feet sells for N30,000 each.
The above costs excludes the keys and transport/loading.

I really love the finishing on the Turkey Metal Doors but the price is not easy in the pocket, especially if you need to buy a lot in the 4ft format.
They are not compared to the Local doors at all.. but for the budget, I am sure the local doors will also serve the purpose.
But some of the Local Metal Doors from "Muyesky" design really look good, you may want to take a look at them too..
Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by lawali: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2014
mufutau55:
I really love the finishing on the Turkey Metal Doors but the price is not easy in the pocket, especially if you need to buy a lot in the 4ft format.
They are not compared to the Local doors at all.. but for the budget, I am sure the local doors will also serve the purpose.
But some of the Local Metal Doors from "Muyesky" design really look good, you may want to take a look at them too..
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Una well done. The dogged spirit of proprty section is unimaginable. The teacher, spyder still dey class (online) as I dey write after 12pm Naija time, viewing his topic or loading more info. More efforts to the elbows.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 4:28am On Aug 19, 2014
Don't know strength of 9ja security doors. For now, I would go for Turkish door. Their security door's strength was tested some months back by Turkish security forces. Police in Turkey stormed a suspected drug house. The front door is security one. Police used their best device, Battering Ram to gain access. But alas! security door was too damn strong. Police ended up knocking the door. Suspect came out and they realized he was not really the suspect they looking for. They got wrong address grin

That door continue to sell in the market grin

Turkish Special Forces vs Turkish Special door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iR2qXq9Rw

Special Forces vs Special door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET9SNXpeORY

"This door is too damn strong"

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:45am On Aug 19, 2014
Oga Spyder, after watching the above "Youtube" videos, you MUST buy Turkish door oh! DAMN! That is what I call door.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Aug 19, 2014
mufutau55: Oga Spyder, after watching the above "Youtube" videos, you MUST buy Turkish door oh! DAMN! That is what I call door.

Hajji M.

Lol cheesy That was some funny video there, and the Policemen must be sweating seriously by now. grin

6 main entrance doors of 4 feet at N120k = N720,000
16 metal doors of 3 feet at N60,000 = N960,000

Total for Turkish metal doors N1,680,000.00

Now, thats not funny anymore angry
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:20am On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880:

Lol cheesy That was some funny video there, and the Policemen must be sweating seriously by now. grin

NO. It's not a funny business. You need to look for a better alternatives.. Some nice designed, well manufactured local metal door will do.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:22am On Aug 19, 2014
Nigerian made security doors

6 main entrance doors at N30,000 = N180,000
16 entrance security doors at 18,000 = N288,000

Total for Nigerian made security doors N468,000.00

Lets also remember that there will be other works to be done which will need more funds, like the mounting of the doors, materials and labour, transport, loading etc.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Aug 19, 2014
mufutau55:

NO. It's not a funny business. You need to look for a better alternatives.. Some nice designed, well manufactured local metal door will do.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 5:31am On Aug 19, 2014
lawali:
Una well done. The dogged spirit of proprty section is unimaginable. The teacher, spyder still dey class (online) as I dey write after 12pm Naija time, viewing his topic or loading more info. More efforts to the elbows.

You no know say Oga Spyder no dey sleep? The man nah Kerosine. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Aug 19, 2014
mufutau55:

You no know say Oga Spyder no dey sleep? The man nah Kerosine. smiley

Hajji M.

grin These children must chop o, better I stay awake to provide food for them or have them cry me up from sleep due to hunger cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880:

grin These children must chop o, better I stay awake to provide food for them or have them cry me up from sleep due to hunger cheesy

Chop Knuckle grin
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880:

I agreed. You are the best family man of the millennium.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880:

This is not funny at all o cheesy I was half asleep while posting all these but does it mean all of you, my friends are also asleep? grin

Calculate this mathematics above again cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Note: All calculations corrected (Hajji M.)

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
I liked the green tiles before, but I am falling for the White tile above. Looks great, thinking of using them for the 1 Bedroom flats.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Other replacement tiles.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
The heavy rains of yesterday night nearly filled our septic tank, we are going to use a pumping machine to pump the water out to continue with the work.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Materials for plumbing piping. .... work is ongoing.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
I am bringing in electrical wires in bits, to avoid stealing from workers. The glass windows are getting ready.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880:

This is not funny at all o cheesy I was half asleep while posting all these but does it mean all of you, my friends are also asleep? grin

grin i actually saw it but i thought you were drinking too much liquor grin I chose to be quiet cus i had no idea whatz up with it
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2014
spyder880:

Note: All calculations corrected (Hajji M.)

How did i miss that? angry
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
Onuokwu:

How did i miss that? angry

Very easy, we never question Oga Spyder's mathematical calculations.. because he does it so well.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
We are already wiring this house.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fitting aluminium glass windows

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bathroom plumbing

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
On the second soak away system pit, the rains continue to disturb work.

The first is a bigger problem, ground water always coming up with speed to fill the pit each time we finish pumping out the water, enough fuel consumed.
I have already called off the pumping, work continues as soon as the rains dry up a bit.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by NL1960: 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
spyder880: The first is a bigger problem, ground water always coming up with speed to fill the pit each time we finish pumping out the water, enough fuel consumed..
Are you still going to use blocks in some parts of the pit or will it be reinforced all round? I know you got some blocks ready.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello Mr Spyder

Do you fit metal protectors in the upper floor windows?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
osaass: Hello Mr Spyder

Do you fit metal protectors in the upper floor windows?

I will, protectors are all ready to be fitted, starting from tomorrow morning.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
kostadinis: Are you still going to use blocks in some parts of the pit or will it be reinforced all round? I know you got some blocks ready.

In this area, the ground water level is much lower, below 1.5m. We still intend to use solid blocks (not hollow), stand 6 columns around it and plaster thick. A chain beam will also be introduced in the middle.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
spyder880:

In this area, the ground water level is much lower, below 1.5m. We still intend to use solid blocks (not hollow), stand 6 columns around it and plaster thick. A chain beam will also be introduced in the middle.
Solid blocks, 6 columns and thick plastering..... I trust my Oga's judgement
Thanks
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
We must fill this long lorry with tiles today cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.