Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163503 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
spyder880: Another foreign door design, more tiles delivered

I have always love this type of designed metal doors if they don't fade in color later.. Same price as the others?

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
mufutau55:

I have always love this type of designed metal doors if they don't fade in color later.. Same price as the others?

Hajji M.

Exact same price with others Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
mufutau55:

Yes. You need it in all the outside entrances for SECURITY. We are talking about Nigeria here!

Hajji M.
Ah ah ah ah. 9ja, that country na something else. I wasnt use to that. That means it would be easy for potential thieves to saw off wood doors. But it should be perfectly fitted and creamed or oiled. I hate the noise they make when i watch nollywood. Apparently metal.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
Empiree:
Ah ah ah ah. 9ja, that country na something else. I wasnt use to that. That means it would be easy for potential thieves to saw off wood doors. But it should be perfectly fitted and creamed or oiled. I hate the noise they make when i watch nollywood. Aparanetly metal.

Yes. Some are better than others based on their quality.. Nah money go talk!

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:37am On Aug 31, 2014
Empiree: why do people use metal doors these day?. I dont think it was like that before. Recent Nigerian movies i have been watching for close to 10yrs now, the houses use metal doors the way they sound. But it seems only for the main entrance though. Is it for added security or what?

I believe it is primarily for security because most of the internal doors are wooden. My brother God protects o. Otherwise, those wooden doors, it takes a carpenter less than two minutes to dismantle them.....talk less of robbers. I don't know about the metal doors though and hope I never find out.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Just coming back from the market. ....... where I bought some foreign wooden doors

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
More. .

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
But in my research, I found this type of door somewhere and don't like the way it ended up. Seems like they placed it at a bathroom?

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Working on the soakaway system, while minding the rains and water level.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kopell: 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
@Sypder those are the end result of those type of doors, it was some fancy type of wood looking like plastic that was placed on the face. You better tell your client to stick with well build locally made ones.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: Just coming back from the market. ....... where I bought some foreign wooden doors

Thank you for the feedback on this, Oga Spyder.. I am very much interested in how good or easy to install those frameless foreign wooden doors
on our local installed frames.. I have the same situation now that I can't decide if to go with local wooden doors or the foreign doors, but
the local wooden frames are already installed ready for the doors. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: But in my research, I found this type of door somewhere and don't like the way it ended up. Seems like they placed it at a bathroom?

Oga Spyder, may be I should forget about the foreign doors... I was also thinking of buying those above.. I do not like the end result.
May be our local wooden doors will be my best bet... I am still waiting for your judgments though.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
kopell: @Sypder those are the end result of those type of doors, it was some fancy type of wood looking like plastic that was placed on the face. You better tell your client to stick with well build locally made ones.

Mr. Kopell, I think I am also changing my mind... May be those Chinese iron door will be suitable because they are very thin anyway and could be used inside or I will go full mounty and buy our locally made Mahogany wooden doors. But those doors are so nice and they last long when we used them here.. I think the end result of those doors above (more like PVC door) are lousy and useless.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 5:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: Working on the soakaway system, while minding the rains and water level.

This soak away pit is looking too close to the wall. Apart from the portion of the wall that collapsed under the pressure of sand, wont the excavation affect the foundation of this portion of the wall?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
spyder880: But in my research, I found this type of door somewhere and don't like the way it ended up. Seems like they placed it at a bathroom?

Oga Hajji I have read your comments about these types of doors. Fear not. My candid opinion is that the reason for the type of damage highlighted by "King Spyder's" picture lesson is that they are used in bathrooms where the shower area is not well demarcated and the bathroom is always wet thereby causing the doors to soak in in water. I think that even for the best mahogany wood exposed to the same conditions, its a matter of time before damage sets in. The remedy is to design your bathroom such that the door area is free from splashes of water. Additional you could slope the flooring towards the floor drainage so that water runs out easily. As long as the door has been made with the right materials, it should serve long enough.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Onuokwu:
Oga Hajji I have read your comments about these types of doors. Fear not. My candid opinion is that the reason for the type of damage highlighted by "King Spyder's" picture lesson is that they are used in bathrooms where the shower area is not well demarcated and the bathroom is always wet thereby causing the doors to soak in in water. I think that even for the best mahogany wood exposed to the same conditions, its a matter of time before damage sets in. The remedy is to design your bathroom such that the door area is free from splashes of water. Additional you could slope the flooring towards the floor drainage so that water runs out easily. As long as the door has been made with the right materials, it should serve long enough.

Thank you Sir. And I have to agree with you 100% on your observations on the use of those doors. But the cover is supposed to be plastic coverings, how can a plastic just rusted away like this one.. You are right designing the bathroom adequately will help some situation.
But I am still staying away from them... smiley

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Loading more cables to site, these are the load wires.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Working with the wires.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
More wiring works

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 05, 2014
Beautiful.

House don almost set.

Weldone Mr Spyder and more grease to your elbows landlord.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Let us continue with the construction of doors.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
Building more metal doors.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Closer inspection of the finer finish.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
Installing some more foreign security doors.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Fitting some of the wooden frames, and measuring with the foreign wooden doors.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kostadinis: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
spyder880: Let us continue with the construction of doors.

Please do, my Chairman. With you, quality assurance is guaranteed.
Good progress
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by vivienbabe(f): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bros. Spyder, finishings dey shop money oh!

But the owner of dis house is lucky to have someone like you to give him value for his money.
Beautiful job in all.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by peaceland(m): 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
spyder880: Fitting some of the wooden frames, and measuring with the foreign wooden doors.
sir spyder,
I thought it was 'unadvisable' to do wooden frames after plastering??
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:05am On Sep 06, 2014
peaceland:
sir spyder,
I thought it was 'unadvisable' to do wooden frames after plastering??

No, all wooden frames are best done after plastering, both for doors, windows etc. The frames are fitted after plastering then 'dressed' as we are doing in the pictures above.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bathroom enclosures suggested for this house.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sized for one user only.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Double unit with a bath below.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.