Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,614 members, 7,851,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? (1037 Views)

Open Relationships / Open Relationships / Open Relationships: Would You Have One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by Orikinla(m): 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2008
Are you shy of open relationships?

Many women are shy of going public about their lovers.

They would rather prefer that their parents should not even know they are having a relationship.
The Sneak in and Sneak out romance.

Keeping your relationship secret can be dangerous, because you could be dating the wrong guy and you would not know until those who are wiser show you the fact from from the fiction.

Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by PoisonIvy1(f): 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2008
@Ori.
Please be a little more explicit in regards to your definition of "open relationship". In these parts, an open relationship depicts people who are romantically inclined with NO strings attached. Something that I highly recommend to people who, as we say, "want to have their cake and eat it too", I have absolutely no problem with embarking on such, as long as both parties are comfortable.

BTW.how are you? I received your mail( via Hi5) last week. I know it's been a while. That Tmail account is NO LONGER in use, so my yahoo is the better bet,
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by jgirl3: 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
I'm not having an open relationship till next week.
The thing is I'll be scared of having a relationship with a guy who is not proud to tell everyone he's dating me.
That's why I won't be inclined to say I'm having an open relationship until I see the guy is proud to introduce me to everyone he knows. That means he's taking me seriously then.

As for the other open relationship, I want one! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by PoisonIvy1(f): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2008
j-girl:

I'm not having an open relationship till next week.
The thing is I'll be scared of having a relationship with a guy who is not proud to tell everyone he's dating me.
That's why I won't be inclined to say I'm having an open relationship until I see the guy is proud to introduce me to everyone he knows. That means he's taking me seriously then.

As for the other open relationship, I want one! cry cry cry cry cry cry

LOL, me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by iice(f): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
Either way, or whichever way - am not bothered so long as it's what i want.
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by manmustwac(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2008
@post
give me your definition of an open relationship
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by jgirl3: 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
Poison Ivy:

LOL, me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Oh jeez! I smell trouble tongue. This will help us in our 'Caramel and Chocolate' scheme. grin grin
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by topup: 1:13am On Aug 09, 2008
[b]YesYesYes! This is true. I only keep my relationship away from parents because, you're only supposed to bring it to them once you have decided this is the one to marry, many parents just don't wanna know, or would rather believe that their sons and daughters, are spending all their time at evening mass and night vigil instead.

On one hand:
I SO wished I published it to the world, because only after our relationship are people saying, that guy was a 'bad guy'. And then maybe he wouldn't have been able to mess around as much.
On the other hand:
I like to keep my private life private, and I feel it's a bit of a disrespect to be proclaiming your relationship, as if it was some celebrity stunt, if it is real then it doesn't matter who knows, as long as both of you are happy.

Most of it is pride though, there's a chance the relationship might not work, and so if you go and proclaim it, then people will be asking 'oh, how is your boyfriend' when it's over, and you have to explain to everybody how he left you, how you left him, how you don't want to talk about it, how it is non of their business and such. What a hassle!
[/b]
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by Orikinla(m): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
I believe those who know about relationships understand me perfectly.

1. A babe is dating a guy and she keeps it private as she claims, then one day she returns home with a shining black eye. Then her parents are asking questions and you cannot deceive our parents who were even better than us in their own days in the 1970s and 1980s with Marvin Gaye and Teddy Pendergrass urging them to have sexual healing and 50/50 loving somebody and somebody loves you back. So, you cannot fool them.

2. You are dating a younger babe and you are not bold enough to let your buddies know until she gets pregnant and the cat is let out of the bag.

3. You introduce him as just a close friend. But God knows the truth, that he is your midnight passion who rocks you till day break at weekends. Then one of your female friends sees him in suggestive mood with another babe and tells you and suddenly you go over the hill.
"Aha ah, Jane, I thought you said you were only friends?"
Now, we know you were more than friends.

Many people are choking and hurting in relationships they kept to themselves and are now ashamed to come and say the honest truth.
"Yes, we are having and affair and I am not sure of our future together, but I am afraid to tell him."

If you are sure of yourself in a relationship, you would be better and safer to let people know you have a Man or you have a WOMAN, so that your status would be quite clear for your own good.

"Who did this to you?" is a common question among those who keep their relationships to themselves and are hurting in abusive relationships.

A beautiful cousin was stabbed to death with scissors by a guy we saw as a total stranger, but we later found out that she jilted him. We never knew that our 17 year-old innocent looking cousin had boyfriends.

If your relationship is nobody's business, you can still let people know you are in a relationship, but busybodies should not meddle into your love affair and if your life is in danger, you can call 911, But please, do not keep it secret.

I have known lovers indoors who were hardly seen together on the street.

You see a guy sleeping with a fat girlfriend, but he is shy of walking proudly with her on the street.

My cousin was dating and sleeping with a girlfriend, but on the street he would walk about 30 meters behind her, because he did not want people to know he was having a relationship with her.
He lost her to a guy who was proud to hold hands with her on the street and to even kiss her on the street.   

I love walking lovingly with every babe or lady I have dated and on one Valentine's Day, I climbed the high fence of a major round about and sang "I Love You!" to her whilst passers-by looked on.

There is nothing to hide in love.

Secret lovers have something they are ashamed of, they are not proud of and they are trying to hide.

[size=14pt]18. There is no fear in love. Instead, perfect love drives fear away. Fear has to do with being punished. The one who fears does not have perfect love.
~ 1 John 4:18 (New International Reader's Version)

5. Being warned openly is better
      than being loved in secret.
~ Proverbs 27:5 (New International Reader's Version)[/size]
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by tope2000(f): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ poster i think you are talking about PDA (PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION) not open relationship. Open relationship is when you are in a relationship but you are both still allow to date other people.
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2008
tope2000:

@ poster i think you are talking about PDA (PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION) not open relationship. Open relationship is when you are in a relationship but you are both still allow to date other people.

Correct.
Re: Are You Shy Of Open Relationships? by Orikinla(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2008
tope2000:

Correct.
I am talking about public knowledge of your relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Single Nigerian Girls In The Uk? / Should I Ignore Her? / Police Raids Strip Joints In Naija Now, Wow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.