Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? (65424 Views)

Why Do Some Nigerians Abroad Have Superiority Complex Over Those At Home? / How Did Nigerians React To Colonial Masters During Colonial Era / Why Do Nigerians Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

We cant
Ghana must go bag is not an insult
Mumunigerian is undecided

nah! Mumugerian is a compliment.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:

*yawns*
Come bk with facts
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
ireneony:
what is this modafvvker sayingundecided
ghannaians are the biggest white a.ss lickers...
i have seen this with my eyes.
You have never said anything sensible in this forum. Everyone is the problem. Ghanaians are like this. Have constantly seen you bashing Yorubas too. What is your problem young lady or are you simply Bipolar. Maybe you should try reading more it may increase your brain capacity. Just maybe

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by UnimkeAk(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
laplace12:

Arrogance and pride is a gift the Igbo nation gave to Nigeria, along with hard work and self-confidence.

We also inherited loudness and extravagance from the youruba nation.

Op did I answer your question?

And what has the north contributed to Nigeria.

They bring nothing to the table except their desert spoons to milk the country dry.

Oh yes we are also very "tribalistic"

But no think am;
If I see anyone fighting my northern broda,

Na Origin bottle I go take tear him head. grin
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
all4naija:
What is the truth in any of his posts, Ghanaian dwarf?

Well the averge Ghanaian is taller than the averge nigerian.

Fulaman is right about Chadian army making nigeria's army look inferior.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
So naming a country over a plastic bag is not an insult. Lol seriously. Imagine if all Ghanains chased Nigerian's out of Ghana with a black dustbin bag and further name it Nigeria must go. So that would not be an insult. Smh
It is not an insult because it is a known fact something that warrant it happened in the past. Please, live with the name as a title to your peasant nature!
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
grin grin grin lol

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

So if a non black calls you slave you will be okay with it.

If he calls a "bag" slave, ain't nothing wrong with it, get the point, I don't see a ghananian and start calling him Ghana must go or make such remarks when I see them No...

When I go to a super-market (store) here in nigeria to buy a plastic bag, I simply call it a name that it's commonly known for, "please can I have a Ghana must go bag?" sometimes I don't even emphasise on the Ghana, im just after the bag.. get it now...

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by lezz(m): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
sonzo666:

Sorry man,Nollywood isn't the best exemple of African creativity!Just by decency,I wont call it a disgrace!Tuface,P SQUARE....etc aren't that talented considering they are singing in English.Had they really been talented,they would be up there with the likes of jay z...etcWhich parts of Africa are Nigerians dominating?I must confess that I admire a group of Africans:The Ethiopians!
They are very low key yet efficient and are doing good things with few natural ressources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdj1GNaqF24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTkvFirFH04
you can single it down to artists, Nigeria is the music capital of Africa.

Nollywood is now no. 2 globally and has drown attention from all over the globe....FACT.

Which part of Africa are Nigerians dominating? Seems you got fast forwarded in time from last century.

Nigeria has the highest concentration of millionaires and billionaires in Africa.

Nigeria is also the spiritual headquarters of Africa. With the synagogue morphing into a pilgrimage status lately.

Our artists are household names in many African counties.

We have the biggest economy in Africa
And the largest market.

The entire region of west Africa is dominated by Nigerian firms, banks and entrepreneurs.

Man, speak from facts and patch your leaking emotions.

I thought you're a man!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by SirShymexx: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
CSTR:
And out of all the numerous threads available for you to say your so-called truth, it is here you find appropriate.
On a thread where even citizens of back-water african countries like somalia are defending their own countries is where you choose to rubbish Nigeria.
I wonder what you are trying to prove.

Brev, really and truly, all African countries are on the same level - none is better than the other in terms of infrastructure. Apart from maybe South Africa and North African countries. So, I don't get where the "back-water" talk is coming from.

Somalia is no different from Nigeria, especially with BH running around with impunity - and a large chunk of the country under their control. And Somali diaspora aren't doing badly, especially in the UK and US. So, I don't get ya point, Sir.

Better start telling yourselves the bitter truth lol.

6 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:
The fact they are all commenting shows how superior nigerian is .... Y dont u guys create ur own forum

U come to nigerian forum to gas urselves kmt

u gone off key on this one. I see the problem is how we view things. It's a discussion that has to be in respect of every well meaning African view. So there is nothing wrong
This is the attitude they keep pointing. But u don't get it

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

If he calls a "bag" slave, ain't nothing wrong with it, get the point, I don't see a ghananian and start calling him Ghana must go or make such remarks when I see them No...

When I go to a super-market (store) here in nigeria to buy a plastic bag, I simply call it name that it's common, "please can I have a Ghana must go back?" sometimes I don't even emphasise on the Ghana, im just after the bag.. get it now...

Lool i must say ur making me laugh

Look dont explain urself, they wont get it that bag has been called that since birth .. Never used in a racist way but let them hold on to that instead of them think of hw they will b ontop they r complaining about plastic bag lol
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
u gone off key on this one. I see the problem is how we view things. It's a discussion that has to be in respect of every well meaning African view. So there is nothing wrong
This is the attitude they keep pointing. But u don't get it

Yh nothing wrong but u come in ere hating on nigerians just cuz we r ontop ... Its not our fault we r the most popular .

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Feraz:
That is why I said if they're provoked, check the history, it is not Nigerians started that it. BTW, there was this chick I read her thread about being in love with an Edo man but she was vilified by her country people who also found joy to insult Nigerians. What warranted that? Do you now expect Nigerians not to play the game?
u need a recap of how it went down in the Chris attoh and adebite thread The same thing you accuse them of is what u are guilty of

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't recall Chad insulting us, my point is and it pisses me off is that Nigerians can be such losers. Sucking on the cocks of white people and belittling their own fellow blacks. That's loser mentality
you are one of the best Nigerians on this forum. I really respect your maturity and realness as well as SirShymexx, Sagamite and the rest of the good Yorubas. Even on Nairaland not to be tribalistic but often times its the same tribe that not only fights with the foreigners but they also fight with their own country people. Very silly people indeed

7 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Chinatownm(m): 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
from the moon bro. Only God knows hw
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Well the averge Ghanaian is taller than the averge nigerian.

Fulaman is right about Chadian army making nigeria's army look inferior.

That is possibly a joke of the century. You got that information from the statistics peddled online from a poor experiment carried out in the past. As human advances people get taller. The statistics used for Nigerians where very outdated compared to the ones used for Ghana.

Nigerian army are the ones getting rid of Boko Haram in Borno state not Chadian army. They'll have to deal with their extremists by themselves because they didn't expect us to do it for them when they refused to cooperate initially. The same thing can be said of boring Cameroonians.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Feraz(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
iamord:
if Nigeria is serious about improving bilateral relations. That word would have been ban. Before it became Ghana must go. It had a name. Cos of that big and silly stories passed on from generation to generation. Even toddlers that have not seen some border . Come up and say 'common Ghana' what kind of future are u building. It's just like the word nigga. That is now like an household name. Then roots has been negative. And it will never change
Most people do not even know how it came to be and are not bothered finding out the origin hence they do not see it as an insult but you have a point though. As you said, it will never change. If it was in the 80s, I'd have said it is still a hate phrase but it is not anymore.

iamord:
u need a recap of how it went down in the Chris attoh and adebite thread The same thing you accuse them of is what u are guilty of
If you read my previous post, I said most times, Nigerians do not start it. It does not rule out the fact that sometimes, we are guilty of it.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

We don't hate our country we love it .. We just pray for better leaders .
lol! I are talking to someone that knows Nigeria like a nigerian. Try again

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

Lool i must say ur making me laugh

Look dont explain urself, they wont get it that bag has been called that since birth .. Never used in a racist way but let them hold on to that instead of them think of hw they will b ontop they r complaining about plastic bag lol

I tiree..
It's just like saying every Black man should get angry anytime a white man says "Monkey" even in the Zoo with a real monkey" visible.. that's just insane.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
So naming a country over a plastic bag is not an insult. Lol seriously. Imagine if all Ghanains chased Nigerian's out of Ghana with a black dustbin bag and further name it Nigeria must go. So that would not be an insult. Smh
Don't even think about it. Ghanaians would never do that.. lol
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by ireneony(f): 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
You have never said anything sensible in this forum. Everyone is the problem. Ghanaians are like this. Have constantly seen you bashing Yorubas too. What is your problem young lady or are you simply Bipolar. Maybe you should try reading more it may increase your brain capacity. Just maybe
you are a disgrace to this great country nigeria, i will never down my country to uplight others.
we nigerians may have our differences, but that does not gives these frustrated foreigners the right to talk down on my country.
i will deal with any modafvvker that want to talk down on us.

girl, if you are not here to defend your country, better shut your ugly pile up!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
SirShymexx:

Brev, really and truly, all African countries are on the same level - none is better than the other in terms of infrastructure. Apart from maybe South Africa and North African countries. So, I don't get where the "back-water" talk is coming from.

Somalia is no different from Nigeria, especially with BH running around with impunity - and a large chunk of the country under their control. And Somali diaspora aren't doing badly, especially in the UK and US. So, I don't get ya point, Sir.

Better start telling yourselves the bitter truth lol.
Whatever! You sellout! Blacksheep! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

I tiree..
It's just like saying every Black man should get angry anytime a white man says "Monkey" even in the Zoo with a real monkey" visible.. that's just insane.

Tell me about it
They r just bitter lol
Hmm trust me if it was the other way round they would have finished us by now .. Going on and on about a plastic bag dats their main issue right now .. So pathetic
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
Lala247:

Yh nothing wrong but u come in ere hating on nigerians just cuz we r ontop ... Its not our fault we r the most popular .
Who says we hate you guys cos you on top. This is the problem with some of you peeps. Everything must be jealousy or envy. It's the way you treat other Africans that's what they are complaining about. I really don't think the average African cares about that. To be honest the better you guys do the better for us cos our country is too small to accommodate you all. Afterall you are Africans too and why would we not want our fellow Africans to do well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by JiggamanGh: 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

When I go to a super-market (store) here in nigeria to buy a plastic bag, I simply call it a name that it's commonly known for, "please can I have a Ghana must go bag?" sometimes I don't even emphasise on the Ghana, im just after the bag.. get it now...

Okay just because something is the norm doesn't mean is right.

At one point of time it was the norm to put Jewish in concetration camps. Was that right because it was the norm

At one time blacks were slaves in america where they sold children into silvery and used black children as alligator bates. Was that also right.

What if during slavery time, they name a farming tool as Nigerians must dig or Nigerians must pick. Would you be happy to hear that.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by V0lv0(f): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Rennee:

Don't even think about it. Ghanaians would never do that.. lol
that's true because we are a peaceful and civilised country.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Bawss1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
Truckpusher:
Well, you've got a nice point and I still repeat that the ruling class has not paid attention to what is necessary for the huge sleeping human resources, but the truth is that it exists all we need is a people orientated Government to exploit and harness these potentials and bang we are there.

Fair enough. I also share the view that because we don't have a people oriented government, as you put it, that we remain poorly developed.

The question that the OP asked still remains, where did Nigerians get their sense of superiority from? I mean aside from our large population why is it that it appears that the average Nigerian thinks he is superior to other Africans. (One only needs to read the comments on this forum to see this in display) Is there anything you think that makes this attitude a valid one?
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by chrisviral(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
you are one of the best Nigerians on this forum. I really respect your maturity and realness as well as SirShymexx, Sagamite and the rest of the good Yorubas. Even on Nairaland not to be tribalistic but often times its the same tribe that not only fights with the foreigners but they also fight with their own country people. Very silly people indeed

Tomorrow you say Nigerians are insulting!
Whatever happens to No stereotyping again undecided
A black man is a Black man, very insulting but is always the first to cry foul... anyway thanks for the psycho- defence post above, way to go a.ss licking.
Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
that's true because we are a peaceful and civilised country.
Bwahaha... Africans would be regarded completely blind the day Ghanaians claim to be civilized. angry

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by iamord(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
V0lv0:
lol the word Ghana gives the average Nigerian an orgasm. Why they constantly have to compare themselves with us is what I don't understand. Why don't they compare themselves with people with similar population size Like China and leave us alone. Then we still have to deal with dykes like Onila and Lalaland who brings Ghanaian girls into the equation every time. Like wth do you want from us. Mtchew.
u nailed it. I had to blast one of their politicians on Twitter that why do u keep bringing Ghana into your picture. Then they begin to cry fowl when Ghanaians come in for them. Alot of the people that insult Ghana girls are the same people that will go to the Ghana beauty thread and self-service over them. grin deception is bad... Very grin

1 Like

Re: Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Tomorrow you say Nigerians are insulting!
Whatever happens to No stereotyping again undecided
A black man is a Black man, very insulting but is always the first to cry foul... anyway thanks for the psycho- defence post above, way to go a.ss licking.

Lol tell me about it the main fact they r on NL proves our point

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity / Ooni Of Ife, His Wife, Naomi And Their Entourage Stuck In Hotel Lift / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.