Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27201 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thor:

@lepashandi

What a stupid comment 'slaving for the white man', you mean slaving for yourself and your family.

Stupid racist comment with no substance at all. We all slave for someone, even whites slave for the whiteman angry angry angry

Yeah - call me racisit - who gives a dam? slaving for the white man it is called - not slaving for your family - i have been thru all that life in the UK - so dont tell me stories.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

I will rather labour and suffer for my country to make it better than suffer for one stupid white man who hates everything black - u think you are the best loved in the place you are - hmmm - wait till a white man diffrentiates between you and himself - that is when you will know what its all about.
See this one talk. You would be the first to run and get American citizenship. What can Nigeria offer me there that i can not receive here? Answer me this honestly. Why does it take for us to be shipped to a place of uncertainty just so we can some how "fix" the country? Do you actually think for one moment that us coming back will some how magically change Nigeria? PLEASE WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER!!!! There are other ways about it then for us to go and give up all the sacrifices and decisions we made here to live the "Good Life", and to come and live in Nigeria where we have to go back and suffer again.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

See this one talk. You would be the first to run and get American citizenship. What can Nigeria offer me there that i can not receive here? Answer me this honestly. Why does it take for us to be shipped to a place of uncertainty just so we can some how "fix" the country? Do you actually think for one moment that us coming back will some how magically change Nigeria? PLEASE WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER!!!! There are other ways about it then for us to go and give up all the sacrifices and decisions we made here to live the "Good Life", and to come and live in Nigeria where we have to go back and suffer again.

I cant agree less that you are a slowpoke - i wonder which kind of patients you attend to? Craze people?

Get american citizenship? for what? Did you read my post? I lived in the UK and studied for a Master's degree in one of the leading UK universities - Edinburgh precisely - but i choose to come back home to my country. Suffer? So you are not suffering where u are? What is you definition of suffering?

You indeed are a slowpoke
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
You are under one spell and dillusion that the governonr wants you all to come back because you have a magic wand to change the country - Nigeria - no - he just simply wants you to tap into the opportunities in the country rather than allowing foreigners to do that - simple - who thinks there is a magic you people will come and do? See them talking as if they realy matter anything to the country?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

I can't agree less that you are a slowpoke - i wonder which kind of patients you attend to? Craze people?

Get american citizenship? for what? Did you read my post? I lived in the UK and studied for a Master's degree in one of the leading UK universities - Edinburgh precisely - but i choose to come back home to my country. Suffer? So you are not suffering where u are? What is you definition of suffering?
You indeed are a slowpoke
Iwe wegbuo gi. How dare you insult me. seriously. Have i once in any of my post insulted you eh? Tufiakwa! If this is the kind of thing you guys do then fine, nsogbu adiro. But when you are debating with me, you shall be civil.

Back to your post, there is suffering every where. But what the difference is the amount. So do you think me giving up all that i have accomplished here and move back to Nigeria will not include suffering? c'mon.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

Iwe wegbuo gi. How dare you insult me. seriously. Have i once in any of my post insulted you eh? Tufiakwa! If this is the kind of thing you guys do then fine, nsogbu adiro. But when you are debating with me, you shall be civil.

Back to your post, there is suffering every where. But what the difference is the amount. So do you think me giving up all that i have accomplished here and move back to Nigeria will not include suffering? c'mon.

What have you acheived that millions have not acheived better in Nigeria - even without stepping outside Nigeria? You must think all the people in Nigeria are sufferhead? No way - woo - o da bi pe pride lon wori obinrin yi i sha.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

What have you acheived that millions have not acheived better in Nigeria - even without stepping outside Nigeria? You must think all the people in Nigeria are sufferhead? No way - woo - o da bi pe pride lon wori obinrin yi i sha.
Nwoke, you are dipping and dodging. Read what i posted. Do you actually think that if we give up all the achievements that we have made aboard, things will be easy?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by IykeD1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hmm, return come find wetin now? Some of you guys that are running your mouth about the
"good life" you are are living in Nigeria, if all the Nigerians in the Diaspora return, your current
source of income may be threatened. And what will happen after that, more jealousy and more
arm robberies? smiley

Joke aside, Nigeria is a big joke! Having seen the kind of treatment people like Ribadu who
risked his life to serve his country is receiving or Ngozi who was been hounded to refund the
salaries that was paid to her in dollars, who are you going to convince to return, return to what
and for what?

To each his own sha, but I am content with the annual 2 week visits, soon to be 1 week visits.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by edusegzy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
After this post i expect a lot of unpleasant replies no hard feelings in advance but i must say this give my point of view a thought.

I am presently in the united state pursuing my phd and i must say i keep wondering when we'll ever get to such level of civilization.Then i tried to study the people and and their history and one thing is clear,these people deserve the quality of life they enjoy and even though according to history world power moves from one  kingdom to another  The US without any doubt will be super power for such a long time.

Then you want to ask me why?

The answer is the solution to our problems as Nigerians.

AND THE ANSWER IS ATTITUDE AND MIND SET

I am a staunch believer in Nigeria and her great future but I must say this to us whether you are in Nigeria or in the Diaspora,i think our attitude to the progress of our country is something we need to deal with.

Are we not tired of complaining and criticizing politians.(this in itself is not wrong because it is in bringing forth different point of view that we can come up with a great idea) but if this is all we do ,then we r wrong.

Remember a great country is made not born

For those who ask what is in it for me:America is great at the cost of the blood of some people.There are young men and women that are not as old as some of us who will die or has died in the war in IRAQ because they  believe in thier country.

For the young ones i am quite aware that the country has not done so much for us,but have you thought of doing something about it.Then you ask what can you do.OK start  by being the best in your Job.Stop speaking ill of the country and probably get involve in causes that you think can move our dear country Nigeria forward.

I BELIEVE A GREAT COUNTRY IS NOT BORN BUT MADE BY MEN and not just a Man.

My philosophy is this,if our greatgrandfather refused to plan for us why can't we decide to stop the cycle.and for your information we'll keep complaining till 100 generations to UNTIL someone does something.

Guyz i know what it is to be in an hold up for four hours,i know what it is for NEPA to wreck someones business,i know what it is not to have enough money to pay school fees,i am aware but i have made up my mind that despite all these facts,i will do something.NIgeria will be a greater nation because I am a NIgerian.

God Bless Nigeria,God Bless Nigerians and especially you
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2008
dont mean to rain on your parade but if you've ever heard the axiom "In one ear and out the other", thats how this kind of talk usually ends up when you're talking to some Nigerians.

Everyone should stay where they are- I cant emphasize this enough. If Nigeria is making you depressed, then focus on other things besides Nigeria.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
Iyke-D:

Hmm, return come find wetin now?  Some of you guys that are running your mouth about the
"good life"  you are are living in Nigeria, if all the Nigerians in the Diaspora return, your current
source of income may be threatened.  And what will happen after that, more jealousy and more
arm robberies?  smiley

Joke aside, Nigeria is a big joke!  Having seen the kind of treatment people like Ribadu who
risked his life to serve his country is receiving or Ngozi who was been hounded to refund the
salaries that was paid to her in dollars, who are you going to convince to return, return to what
and for what?

To each his own sha, but I am content with the annual 2 week visits, soon to be 1 week visits.

Doing what realy?

We like to know what you guys do - most of it dont make sense realy - street cleaners/ bus conductors etc.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by edusegzy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2008
Iyke_D
i am not so good battlling with words but i beg to differ on the fact that Nigeria is a Big Joke

NIGERIA IS NOT A JOKE AT ALL and only a little time will tell

IF NIGERIA IS A JOKE, what does that make us the citizens(remember that includes you)

It is no problem if you do not want to go back to Nigeria at all but saying NIgeria is a Joke is a slap on generations yet unborn.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2008
@edusegzy

Nicely put and posted.

I do believe that there is hope for Nigeria, but what good is it for us who have already established lives aboard to come back.
Instead of trying to get all those who have made lives outside the country, why not fix the country so that the ones who are living there will STAY?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
Mrs Lepashandi, you're entitled to your opinion. Its entirely up to anyone to choose where they want as a place of residence. Give your opinion but stop making people objects of your emotional upsurge(s).
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

@edusegzy

Nicely put and posted.

I do believe that there is hope for Nigeria, but what good is it for us who have already established lives aboard to come back.
Instead of trying to get all those who have made lives outside the country, why not fix the country so that the ones who are living there will STAY?

Again - a moronic talk - people like us lived and established abroad but now we are living in Nigeria - thousands like that - we are not dead yet - what are you talking about?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
ebariba:

Mrs Lepashandi, you're entitled to your opinion. Its entirely up to anyone to choose where they want as a place of residence. Give your opinion but stop making people objects of your emotional upsurge(s).

Ebariba - your name alone shows the kind of mind you have - ebariba?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

Again - a moronic talk - people like us lived and established abroad but now we are living in Nigeria - thousands like that - we are not dead yet - what are you talking about?
Ewu!!!! o gini? Mayne you are such a child. What is your problem? If you have a problem with me, just say it. Because all these childish rants is ridiculous. Ewu.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by TmeD0(m): 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
Quote from Xyoun:
===============================================
what are you MMMMMMMMMMOTHER FUCKER still doing on this forum,
ALL of yall should leave us, and stop talking trash
===============================================
Na wa o! Ol' boy you sound like pesin wey don go American embassy and British consulate go apply for visa tire wey them no gree give.  Even Turkey sef be like say them don deny you visa for dia. . . common Dubai sef, them no gree you enter.  Hmm--I wonder why!  Pele, sorry o.  Na embassies you suppose take ya frustration out on no be this pipu wey dey obodo overseas now.  Oya tell me wetin our Naija goffment don do to better the life of hin citizens other than chop the country money?  Abeg, carry ya frustration go sleep o jare.  With ya F this F that sef, I can just see ya type dey blow fon e as soon as ya leg waka comot for inside plane sef.  Ewu!   grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
Lepa, , did you say you studied for a masters degree here? I really do not think so, I think you're just a frustrated young woman whose opinions so far are not objective. Most of the supposed Nigerians living the "good life" work in banks as marketers and do stuffs that are entirely parallel to their professions, those are the lucky ones!!!! Majority are still searching!

We all have different value systems, if all u value in life is driving an Honda and living in a 4 bedroom house, good for u! Don't force ur opinion on people and don't insult them if they have different opinions!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2008
ebariba:

Lepa, , did you say you studied for a masters degree here? I really do not think so, I think you're just a frustrated young woman whose opinions so far are not objective. Most of the supposed Nigerians living the "good life" work in banks as marketers and do stuffs that are entirely parallel to their professions, those are the lucky ones!!!! Majority are still searching!

We all have different value systems, if all u value in life is driving an Honda and living in a 4 bedroom house, good for u! Don't force your opinion on people and don't insult them if they have different opinions!

Thank you - therefore stop talking ill about my dear country Nigeria and stay d fok where you suffer.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2008
Una leave this lepashandi character alone. They are obviously confused and young. They do not even know how to debate without name calling. How sad. To think you went to a European University. Why did you not go to University of Nsukka eh? Over here insulting people like you is betta than someone. Please maka una go and sit down. tolotolo.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ onyinye2

all you can do is sit there and call people a child. You have said nothing useful all day long. Go sit down somewhere jare and let the wise speak. Child this, child that. shut it
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2008
Mrs Lepa, did you not acquire non-transferrable skills in Edinburgh? Must u swear? Maybe the noise of the generator is affecting your morale, maybe.
And if people with masters degrees or Phd(s) choose to clean streets (well, I think u should'nt judge others based on your personal experience though grin), its ENTIRELY up to them.

Stop swearing madam, you are a potential mother, if ure not one already!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2008
u gan u're a character. spiting out meaningless vocabularies.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

Una leave this lepashandi character alone. They are obviously confused and young. They do not even know how to debate without name calling. How sad. To think you went to a European University. Why did you not go to University of Nsukka eh? Over here insulting people like you is betta than someone. Please maka una go and sit down. tolotolo.

say something else - Mrs Achieved a lot abroad so we can not come back home to a wretched country.

What are they doing on this forum anyway - so called diasporians?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

@ onyinye2  
all you can do is sit there and call people a child. You have said nothing useful all day long. Go sit down somewhere jare and let the wise speak. Child this, child that. shut it
Ha ha grin The madam is back. Are you going to run away again when folk ask you a question? tongue Wise speak ke? What have you ever said that was wise? You be the same human being who wants to exterminate religion in Nigeria abi? That is so wise of you to say. Man-o-Man you would give Cornel West a run for his money. grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
My advise all uall is that evaluate your life in diaspora, if u have spent ten years and cannot boast of 100 000 dollars then take Fasholas advice and go home,who know MTN mite employ u to use your acquired accent in them PR dept grin, better to be served in hell (naija) than to serve in heaven(obodo oyibo)
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
And Mrs Lepa, I must say to u in unequivocal terms that I am not suffering! Don't commit a fallacy of hasty generalization based solely on ur personal experience.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
I'm glad you can mention me in the same sentence as Cornel West. Thanks for the compliment.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

say something else - Mrs Achieved a lot abroad so we can not come back home to a wretched country.
See this one try and dodge the main question. Man you are really showing me now how you got to that elite university of yours.

Answer this,

"WHY DID YOU GO TO A EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY INSTEAD OF GOING TO A UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA?"
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2008
My avise all uall is that evaluate your life in diaspora, if u have spent ten years and cannot boast of 100 000 dollars then take Fasholas advice and go home

Abeg make you tell them jare. Some people are doing suffer head in Jand. Of course I imagine that Fashola is speaking of EDUCATED Nigerians who actually have something to contribute to the state and not morons.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2008

home sick cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Celebration Here In Jattu As Obaseki Wins Edo State Election (pics) / Mohammed K Mohammed Is Dead And Buried In Katsina (pictured) / Olonishakin Commissions NAF Headquarters Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.