Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27196 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2008
Americans, British, Indians, South Africans, chinese etc are coming to Nigeria to reap the fruit of the land - but oh no - my fellow Nigerians are runnin outside the same country to go serve the same oyinbo man - what an irony.

I concur. This is what I don't understand. Foreigners enjoy Nigeria more than Nigerians enjoy Nigeria
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2008
At the last count - fifteen of my friend have left the UK to take up jobs in Nigeria or to set up businesses - but the lazy ones dont see anything good in Nigeria - why does the governonr bother? It only makes their head to swell as if they are already the President - why? Because they have stepped out of the country - sorry o.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by doe82: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2008
AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT ONCE SAID", tHJINK NOT WHAT AMERICA WILL DO FOR U,BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT U LL DO 4 AMERICA"
THAT SHOULD BE OUR ATTITUDE.I BELIEVE NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE MADE BETTER BY NIGERIANS AND WE CAN NOT IMPACT THE MUCH NEEDED CHANGE FROM D"WEST" IN OVER QUEST FOR SAFE HAVENS.AMERICANS INITIATED THE CHANGE THAT TRANSFORMED AMERICA AND SO IS EVERY OTHER ADVANCED COUNTRY OF THE WORLD.

our generation need a change of attitude and a complete reorientation!!some of us know that their are more upportuinities in developing countries than there is in deveoped countries[color=#990000][/color]
onyinye2:

I mean seriously what good would it be to bring us all back to Nigeria? Will things magically change?
who ll change the government
onyinye2:

Will there be jobs for us? Will we be paid for our jobs? Will there be a place to live? Can you answer any of these honestly?

Honestly i really mean every word of what i said about reorientation,In Nigeria progressive youths thing of creating jobs!!
The Governor is in deed tellling us the truth
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

@ onyinye2

Its really been a long time since u've been to Nigeria. People  in CERTAIN fields get paid more than people abroad. In fact, people get paid in dollars or pounds . Depends on how you negotiate.
In Nigeria
You get company house
company car
allowance on basic necessities
salary (if well negotiated, it can be in dollars or pounds)
the only thing you should worrry about is theives unfortunately  undecided
Private companies are what have helped employees cope thus far
Well this is all nice to here but majority of the people aboard don't work in the business profession. Most of us work in the medical profession. And dont even try to tell me that they pay more there than they do here. I will laugh like no tomorrow.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by janami(f): 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

I concur. This is what I don't understand. Foreigners enjoy Nigeria more than Nigerians enjoy Nigeria

Its becos they invest wisely. Its what nigerians should do instead of waiting around for the government to provide jobs that are non existent
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

Well this is all nice to here but majority of the people aboard don't work in the business profession. Most of us work in the medical profession. And don't even try to tell me that they pay more there than they do here. I will laugh like no tomorrow.

You better do - i.e. laugh like no tommorrow when you find out it is true.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thats exactly what i've been saying all along. If you wait for the government, you keep on waiting .

There is soo much potential, wealth, and money in Nigeria.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
YOU NEED GOV'T SUPPORT!!!

Why in the world do you think that all these Nigerian athletes pay for the U.S, France, Portugal, Italy, Great Britain? Because there is no gov't support or recognition.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
Well medicine is kind of tricky but there are a few people with successful hospitals.

However, many Nigerians who can afford it would rather send thier people abroad than let them stay in Nigeria becuase of the lack of neccesary equipments.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

You better do  - i.e. laugh like no tommorrow when you find out it is true.
My brotha, is you serious? Are you actually telling me that a DOCTOR in the USA makes less than a doctor in NIGERIA? Seriously c'mon.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2008
I can't help but go back to the slowpoke question

Does the government own any of the sports teams these players play for ? or are the owned by private companies or individuals ? I'm confused sef.

Many of the players choose to play for clubs and teams that are privately owned.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

Well medicine is kind of tricky but there are a few people with successful hospitals.

However, many Nigerians who can afford it would rather send their people abroad than let them stay in Nigeria becuase of the lack of neccesary equipments.
So then what do you think will happen when Nigeria is over flooded with Nurses, Doctors, Surgeons? Will there be enough equipment to go round? Will there be enough PAY to go round? Will there be enough room?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

I can't help but go back to the slowpoke question

Does the government own any of the sports teams these players play for ? or are the owned by private companies or individuals ? I'm confused sef.
So is this how you debate with a person eh? You go call them slowpoke? This is truly sad. My teenagers can argue with out calling each other petty names. Please for the sake of the debate, can you restrain and with hold the urge to result to name calling? It will be appreciated.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by janami(f): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
well doctors are well paid here and , minus all those taxes and mortgages they have to pay outside the country, i would say ,well, nigerian doctors are all the better for it sha
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
So then what do you think will happen when Nigeria is over flooded with Nurses, Doctors, Surgeons? Will there be enough equipment to go round? Will there be enough PAY to go round? Will there be enough room?

Majority of Nigerians abroad are in the medical field so they have NOTHING to offer the country at this point. So the likes of you can stay  abroad.  
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

Question you should ask is how come Nigerians armed robbers seem to focus more on attacking fellow Nigerians than attacking these foreigners. I met a dude back some weeks ago in NY who told me of how he has an oil business in Nigeria. He told of how he has had to, over the past 6 years learned to pay his way through most everything and also confessed how, it seems, his security depended on it as well. He told of how he has never been attacked by armed robbers even when some in his neighborhood, who happen to be Nigerians, have been seriously dealt with. I mean we could all sit and claim it is all luck but I don’t think that is the case.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
pls present logical and sensible arguments, when engaging in a debate. That will prevent the name calling.

Thanks!!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

Majority of Nigerians abroad are in the medical field so they have NOTHING to offer the country at this point. So the likes of you can stay abroad.

In which country?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ Kobojunkie  you're right and good example.

I know a couple of chinese doing business in Nigeria and they walk around with guns. They are not that safe but they are proactive about thier safety.

Unlike Nigerians who want god to come down from heaven to protect them.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
Majority of Nigerians abroad are in the medical field so they have NOTHING to offer the country (Nigeria) at this point. So the likes of you can stay abroad.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

Majority of Nigerians abroad are in the medical field so they have NOTHING to offer the country at this point. So the likes of you can stay  abroad.  
Ha ha this is so hilarious. We have nothing to offer abi? This is truly a quote to remember. I wonder since we have nothing to offer, people beg these people to help them fund hospitals. In fact, one group contacted my father to help them rebuild their hospital and supply equipment. And he and his co workers, helped rebuild that hospital, supply equipment, and then some. I guess that makes us real use less. Thanks for clearing that up sha.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
Abi you the slowpoke complaining about what Nigeria does or does not have to offer you ?

Now u've had a change of heart. Go sit down jare. You have nothing useful to say.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
Again, majority of nigerians in what country? I don't understand what you mean when you make such a claim. I am not in the medical field so I do not understand how that would apply to me.

Anywho, your government seems to think otherwise, hence the reason why Fashola is willing to make an A** of himself to urge that diasporans ( GOSH I HATE USING THAT WORD) should come back to help. I still say, IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME. I had already made up my mind to move back when we finally got a democracy but years into Obasanjo's time in office, I realized I was being too optimistic and decided it may be best to continue the wait, LMAO!!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
It doesn't. I'm responding to onyinye2
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by janami(f): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
the armed robbery situation has kind of reduced in the country. Not as bad as u project it o
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

It doesn't. I'm responding to onyinye2
Still debating like a teenager. Anyways there are so many other options to help Nigeria then shipping people to a place of uncertainty.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
Me return home for gini? What will me going to Nigeria help? Sorry i can visit but for me to actually live there, you got to be kidding me. Who is going to protect me from armed robbers? Not the corrupt police. That is for sure. Who is going to pay me for my rightful services? Not the gov't. That is for sure. I am better staying where i am, safe and prosperous then going to Nigeria where i won't be paid rightfully and have my life endangered. I rather stay here where things are more organized and just send money back home then actually put my life on the line and live there

you are the one complaining about nonsense. GO back and read your own posts.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
madamkoko:

you are the one complaining about nonsense. GO back and read your own posts.
Why so angry? I already answered you post so your ranting rage can ease.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
let those who dont want to live in Nigeria stay where they are - what good do they want to offer the country anyway - let them keep slaving for the moda foking white man - let them keep slaving their heads out. To me - it is nothing but slavery re defined.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2008
lepashandi:

let those who don't want to live in Nigeria stay where they are - what good do they want to offer the country anyway - let them keep slaving for the moda foking white man - let them keep slaving their heads out. To me - it is nothing but slavery re defined.
Ha ha this is the most funniest and rib tickling post. White man abi? So At least the white man is paying me for my job instead of me going on strike or having to raise funds to supply my own job equipment.

Keep defending madamkoko. This be the same woman who wants Nigeria to erase religion but will not answer how to enforce it. This is too funny.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Thor(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
@lepashandi

What a stupid comment 'slaving for the white man', you mean slaving for yourself and your family.

Stupid racist comment with no substance at all. We all slave for someone, even whites slave for the whiteman angry angry angry
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
onyinye2:

Ha ha this is the most funniest and rib tickling post. White man abi? So At least the white man is paying me for my job instead of me going on strike or having to raise funds to supply my own job equipment.

Keep defending madamkoko. This be the same woman who wants Nigeria to erase religion but will not answer how to enforce it. This is too funny.

I will rather labour and suffer for my country to make it better than suffer for one stupid white man who hates everything black - u think you are the best loved in the place you are - hmmm - wait till a white man diffrentiates between you and himself - that is when you will know what its all about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US / President Buhari Hosts Bill Gates And Aliko Dangote In Aso Rock / FFK: I Told Nnamdi Kanu How Buhari Told Me He Hates Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.