Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27283 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
bobokanis:

This guy Pastor Chris should be an influential person.
You don't talk about failures, you only talk about success.
Anyway @ poster, only poor frustrated fellows wrongly criticize the rich. Are you loaded?

Is he rich because he is a pastor or a successful businessman? Not only poor frustrated fellows criticize the rich even rich, well enlightened and goal oriented people do. besides this has nothing to do with riches or success.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 12:38am On Aug 20, 2008
kamken:

@poster
well anyone can express his or her view but we should be careful about what we say,the issue is not whether pastor or not even to ourselves as christian,but what i have realised is that people that attacks are the ones that their christian life is nothing to write home about because even when you are standing you pray for people to come to the knowledge of God,you wont condemn and if i may ask are you born again? and please which church do you attend please is not about church i just want to know.

For heaven's sake remain within the grasp of the topic. I did not condemn him and the duty of praying for our pastors lie with each and every one of us. Thank you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Bluesteps(f): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2008
@ Dudu-boy
When the bible said Jesus went about doing good. what was the good there?
do u think it was the preaching of the Gospel?
before Jesus came there were loads of people preaching. i mean lots and lots of them.
but the bible recorded tht every1 he went to he performed miracle and the people wondered and said he was truly from God.
Why? cos they had never seen such miracles b4.

@ paulipopo
what did the bible refer to as fruit?
u dont even know wat u are saying.
can u tell me one of the fruit of P.Chris that u have seen?whether Good or bad?
Is miracle a Fruit?
tell me Oga poster.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Bluesteps(f): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2008
Is he rich because he is a pastor or a successful businessman? Not only poor frustrated fellows criticize the rich even rich, well enlightened and goal oriented people do. besides this has nothing to do with riches or success.

The guy wasnt talking abt wealth.
He said influential.Now i even get wat ur problem is.
I think you are more bothered abt the fact that he is a rich pastor than any other thing.
U just dey beef the guy. Bros take am easy.
for ur info. P.Chris is not just a pastor he is a Business man.
And are u trying to say u are rich? cos u obviously not.
the rich that criticise the rich are not rich but beautifully wraped poor people.
The rich folks have no time to spend on funny and useless issues as such.
If God doesnt like the way P.Chris church is growing it would have crumbled a long time ago.
Besides we have seen and heard of false prophets where are they today?
u know how many years Christ embassy has been in existence?
Guy they are waxing stronger.
I advice u join the train
Cheers
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
@bluesteps
There is clearly no evidence that Pastor Chris so -called miracles are genuine. In fact here are more credible claims that his miracles are staged managed. One thing i know is that if any genuine miracle is going on in his church he won't have to be publicizing it himself thruough hi propanganda program (atmosphere for miracles) If the miracles can be confirmed to be genuine, i can assure you that all the newspapers and electronic media would be carrying it in their headlines free of charge, they would be verifyable and not just empty claims. When NBC banned his program, what they banned was "unverifiable miracles" if his were genuine, he should have just gone ahead to verify it instead of having his program banned
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2008
Phoney thread
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2008
KunleOshob:

@bluesteps
There is clearly no evidence that Pastor Chris so -called miracles are genuine. In fact here are more credible claims that his miracles are staged managed. One thing i know is that if any genuine miracle is going on in his church he won't have to be publicizing it himself thruough hi propanganda program (atmosphere for miracles) If the miracles can be confirmed to be genuine, i can assure you that all the newspapers and electronic media would be carrying it in their headlines free of charge, they would be verifyable and not just empty claims. When NBC banned his program, what they banned was "unverifiable miracles" if his were genuine, he should have just gone ahead to verify it instead of having his program banned

Pere. tongue
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2008
Bluesteps:

If God doesnt like the way P.Chris church is growing it would have crumbled a long time ago.

Bluesteps I have nothing against you but really think about what you just said again.

Do you think God was pleased with the way Obasanjo handled this country? Why did He still allow him to be president for 4 years? That is just one in a billion examples.

I'm not saying Christopher is 'phoney', I'm only bringing out a principle.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2008
Bluesteps:

Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 5:45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Bluesteps:

Cheers

Rev 3:14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
Bluesteps:

The guy wasnt talking about wealth.
He said influential.Now i even get what your problem is.
I think you are more bothered about the fact that he is a rich pastor than any other thing.
You just dey beef the guy. Bros take am easy.
for your info. P.Chris is not just a pastor he is a Business man.
And are u trying to say u are rich? because u obviously not.
the rich that criticise the rich are not rich but beautifully wraped poor people.
The rich folks have no time to spend on funny and useless issues as such.
Cheers

You were either absent minded when you read his comments or you are simply mud slinging. What do you think he meant by are you loaded?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2008
Bluesteps:

@ paulipopo
what did the bible refer to as fruit?
u don't even know what u are saying.
can u tell me one of the fruit of P.Chris that u have seen?whether Good or bad?
Is miracle a Fruit?
tell me Oga poster.

Ignorance is a serious disease.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
@AKO
Hw many times will u be told that his name isnt Christopher but Christian. The first person i heard callin him Christopher in public ws Chris Okotie. Why don't u tk correction frm those who r close to the man n hv knwn him for several years.
Haba! if they lie about other things, will they also lie about his name? undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2008
donnie:

@AKO
Hw many times will u be told that his name isnt Christopher but Christian. The first person i heard callin him Christopher in public ws Chris Okotie. Why don't u tk correction frm those who r close to the man n hv knwn him for several years.
Haba! if they lie about other things, will they also lie about his name?  undecided

I actually didnt know they were talking to me, they should have at least quoted me.

Ah, so there are some inner caucuas guys in here, interesting.

'Chris' for almost everybody is instinctively synonymous to Christopher. Not too many people name their children 'Christian'

Sorry. And if you can please help me apologise to Christian. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by kamken: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2008
paulipopo:

For heaven's sake remain within the grasp of the topic. I did not condemn him and the duty of praying for our pastors lie with each and every one of us. Thank you.
my dear you dont have to say the word condemn,attack or beef before one knows you are go thru ur post again though you have tried not to make it look so and pls you didnt answer my questions.pls do thank you and i wish you all the best in this our walk till christ comes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2008
The Love of God is the Spiritual Law of eternity with Christ Jesus! Like i did respond earlier on this thread. Look! it doesn't matter what you think you're. Good, Holy, Bishop, GO, Pastor, Prophet or whatever minus this easy, simple and eternal truth called "LOVE" you really did miss it. You need to understand the ways of God. He does not walk like men or mortals. Check the scriptures regarding the ministry of Jesus Christ while on earth, you will greatly observe this THING, GREAT ETERNAL KEY TO ETERNITY called LOVE.

Among Christians, It's sad to see how the operations of Religion and it's politics have void the operation of Holy Ghost in manifesting God's presence in the demonstration of power in the Midst of His Lovely sons and daughters because God is interested in LOVE and has His Base and Existence in LOVE. MINUS LOVE NO ETERNITY WITH JESUS. YOU CAN'T BE TRUER THAN THE TRUTH. Pray for your brothers in LOVE that God will perfect all that concerns him/her. Lets build a hapier world with and in LOVE.  JESUS IS LOVE and NEVER commissioned anyone to CONDEMN, but has sent us to preach the Gospel(Good News) and manifest His power by Healing the sick, casting out devils and bring Hope and Salvation to many by His Word Not the play of Religion and it's polictics. Be a LIGHT to people around you! Thats the Life Jesus called and anointed us to, and manifest the fruits of the spirit. This is far beyond our sensory perceptions and judgement.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2008
1Co 3:11-15
  For any other foundation can no one lay than the one being laid, who is Jesus Christ.
  And if anyone builds on this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble,
  each one's work shall be revealed. For the Day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try each one's work as to what kind it is.   If anyone's work which he built remains, he shall receive a reward.
If anyone's work shall be burned up, he shall suffer loss. But he shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

Rom 14:4  
Who are you that judges another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. But he will stand, for God is able to make him stand.
Selah

I don't particularly fancy Pastor Chris but I'D rather heed the quote above (Rom 14:4)
Can christians for once focus more on things that pertain unto life and godliness?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2008
We need to understand this truth that  Jesus has been glorified. He has made us believers in Him,saviours in this world by His word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. You're not saved twice. We have the nature and ability of God in us, you're not going to have it, it's already there! It's amazing when i hear God's children whom God has commissioned to represent Him, every believer in Christ Jesus not just pastors, priest and prophets under rate the integrity of God's Word and Power. Look Satan has been defeated and Jesus has given us they keys of Life and Death.

I ask people who say miracles like the sick being healed and casting out evil spirits are not real or associated to man receiving power from the devil! If that is true, it simply means that God's word is void of power and that devil has the solution. A thousand times lie of the pit of hell. Thats an insult to Jehova, the God of David and the Lord of Host.

I tell you, the devil has no single solution or power to give to mankind but will kill,steal and destroy John 10:10.

There are many things i have to say about the move of God's Spirit in these last days. Stay Tuned! God bless you all my brothers and sisters in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2008
Spiritually minded people spend time on things that will enhance the growth of their spirit, Fleshly minded people spend time on things that will enhance the growth of their sences.

To say the least, I have no suprise what so ever by the rising level of critics we see everyday critisizing successful Men of God like, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Youngi Cho, Pastor Benny Hinn, Pastor E. A. Adeboye, Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, amongst others, How sad, that people up till this moment do not have regard for Men of God, I advise that if you know anybody criticising MOG, RUN AWAY FROM THEM, afterall, the bible says in Philippians 3:2 for us to "Beware of dogs,", But if you have sturborn faith, Pray for them.

Remember: even when Jesus was on earth, He was not recognised as the Son of God by many, The bible says "He couldnt do any mighty works in Nazareth"(His Village), That didnt change His status or Personality, No matter what you say or think about Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD,, it wouldnt change who or what he is, We have seen alot of Pastors critisize him openly and send him (Pastor Chris) Letters, I remember vividly when Pastor Benny Hinn was visitin Nigeria in 2006, Letters where Written and addressed to Pastor Chris by Your so called PFN, appologizing for their autherances and pleading that he release some of his workers to the Benni's Crusade, (I thought they knew it all), You see?, He was being critisized, yet they were attracted to him.

Make no mistakes about it, People will talk wrongly about you simply because you have what they have ever wanted, and didnt get!
They'll either walk up to you to teach them, or secretly admire you and critisize you publicly, That is the problem with many of his critics, We have met several of them walk up to us and express their love for Pastor Chris, yet they are among the dirty article writers.

It'll be of immense help to you if you concentrate on your life and walk with God, and forget about what you thing the next man is doing that (You think is wrong), Jesus said "Greater works shall you do, because I go to my father." For example, While Jesus was on earth, His shadow never healed people, but the shadow of Peter did, Jesus Christ is thesame yesterday, today and forever, Miracles are real!, I have laid hands on people and they got instantly healed, anybody can do it!

I almost forgot, you said he read a scripture out of context, Have you ever sat down to study your bible and notice what it says and what it doesnt?, Have you ever sourced for the original manuscripts?, Pastor Chris is too BIG to make such mistakes on TV, No! Get a copy of the "ORIGINAL HEBREW and GREEK" Translation of the bible, you will find out that you have not known half of what the bible talks about as giving in your KJV, I advised you to also get other "GOOD" English translations, with references, Pastor Chris messages are a TOTAL reflection of his life, Trace his history, I bet you, You'll be inspired to be like him,

You said he does Jerry, Hahaha, quite funny, Let me ask you a simple question, Did the Bible ask you to BRUSH YOUR TEETH? Where were you asked in the bible to take your daily bath?, The problem is that you have refused to see that Christianity is more than the physical looks, Christianity is STEPPING OUT OF THE NATURAL, Get it into your skull that Christians are not under any law, for the law of the Spirit of LIFE in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death, in other words, Christianity has distinguised him from those under the law (The Heathen)
Well, you cannot understand these things, because "the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men"(1 Corinthians 1:25),
Therefore my beloved, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these. (Philippians 4:cool

Whather or not you like it, Pastor Chris is headed for the top, you cannot hear what we hear from him everyday and remain thesame,
We are moving forward and making progress, we are getting greater by the day, No government can stop us!, because "Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world", (Blasting in Tongues Now)

I pray for you, that the eyes of your understanding be open, I pray that the rays be turned on in your spirit, The wisdom (Phronesis) of God works in you, it inundates your very esseince, You are walking in the knowledge of God's word, I pray that the love of God abound much more in you heart, such that you will see God in people, haterad is far from you, may God's grace rest upon you, may He not only bless you, but make you a blessing, You are the solution to the cry of many, men will speak good of you all the days of you life, you will never groan for your heart desires, it comes to you of a free caurse, Critisism is far from you, May you continually see the good in people, refuse to see the mistake of ANY man of God, The blessings of God that makes rich and adds no sorrow are yours in abundance, Amen.

God Bless You
De Anointed
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Bluesteps(f): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
I Pity for all of una sha.
Sum people no just dey use their sense @ all.
Look at your life and look at the life of Pastor Chris.
Is his life not beautiful?
If u meet tht man one on one I bet you
U will fall on ur face cos u will be so ashamed of ursef.
U say his miracle is staged.
If its staged have u met any1 who told u tht he acted a miracle for him?
and if it is the way u say it is for how long will he keep doing it?
well all of us dey this world together we will see hwfar u guys can go with all this funny lies.

I personally want to tell u to go to any christ embassy church
or try and attempt to meet pastor chris one on one
It will worth the experience.

If u cant join then leave him alone
I am not going to comment on this line cos the simple truth is that u will NEVER understand the truth except if the holyspirit opens ur mind and heart
Ciao.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2008
kamken:

my dear you don't have to say the word condemn,attack or beef before one knows you are go through your post again though you have tried not to make it look so and please you didnt answer my questions.please do thank you and i wish you all the best in this our walk till christ comes.

I wish you the same
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2008
Africankel:

Spiritually minded people spend time on things that will enhance the growth of their spirit, Fleshly minded people spend time on things that will enhance the growth of their sences.

Sure they do and i hope you are one of them (spiritually minded).

Africankel:

To say the least, I have no suprise what so ever by the rising level of critics we see everyday critisizing successful Men of God like, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Youngi Cho, Pastor Benny Hinn, Pastor E. A. Adeboye, Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, amongst others, How sad, that people up till this moment do not have regard for Men of God, I advise that if you know anybody criticising MOG, RUN AWAY FROM THEM, afterall, the bible says in Philippians 3:2 for us to "Beware of dogs,", But if you have sturborn faith, Pray for them.

Actually people would regard men of God who do not mislead God's people, misconstrue his messages for selfish reasons or play tin god christianity.

Africankel:

Remember: even when Jesus was on earth, He was not recognised as the Son of God by many, The bible says "He couldnt do any mighty works in Nazareth"(His Village), That didnt change His status or Personality, No matter what you say or think about Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD,, it wouldnt change who or what he is, We have seen alot of Pastors critisize him openly and send him (Pastor Chris) Letters, I remember vividly when Pastor Benny Hinn was visitin Nigeria in 2006, Letters where Written and addressed to Pastor Chris by Your so called PFN, appologizing for their autherances and pleading that he release some of his workers to the Benni's Crusade, (I thought they knew it all), You see?, He was being critisized, yet they were attracted to him.

Not my PFN, and the mighty works jesus christ performed were verifiable unlike the so-called miracles of christ embassy.

Africankel:

It'll be of immense help to you if you concentrate on your life and walk with God, and forget about what you thing the next man is doing that (You think is wrong)

Thank God i am already doing that and my life is indeed a blessing.

Africankel:

For example, While Jesus was on earth, His shadow never healed people, but the shadow of Peter did, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, Miracles are real!, I have laid hands on people and they got instantly healed, anybody can do it!

Of course miracles are real but they are also verifiable don't forget that.

Africankel:

I almost forgot, you said he read a scripture out of context, Have you ever sat down to study your bible and notice what it says and what it doesnt?, Have you ever sourced for the original manuscripts?, Pastor Chris is too BIG to make such mistakes on TV, No! Get a copy of the "ORIGINAL HEBREW and GREEK" Translation of the bible, you will find out that you have not known half of what the bible talks about as giving in your KJV, I advised you to also get other "GOOD" English translations, with references, Pastor Chris messages are a TOTAL reflection of his life, Trace his history, I bet you, You'll be inspired to be like him,

Ofcourse I have and that was why it was easy to spot the misapplication of scripture by him.

Africankel:

You said he does Jerry, Hahaha, quite funny,

Liar someone else said that not me

Africankel:

Let me ask you a simple question, Did the Bible ask you to BRUSH YOUR TEETH? Where were you asked in the bible to take your daily bath?, The problem is that you have refused to see that Christianity is more than the physical looks, Christianity is STEPPING OUT OF THE NATURAL, Get it into your skull that Christians are not under any law, for the law of the Spirit of LIFE in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death, in other words, Christianity has distinguised him from those under the law (The Heathen)

Actually you are the one drumming that up. Read my post well and see that you are simply trying to divert attention to trivialities.

Africankel:

Well, you cannot understand these things, because "the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men"(1 Corinthians 1:25),

Surely men like you are also included.

Africankel:

Whather or not you like it, Pastor Chris is headed for the top, you cannot hear what we hear from him everyday and remain thesame,
We are moving forward and making progress, we are getting greater by the day, No government can stop us!, because "Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world", (Blasting in Tongues Now)

just like many others who do not listen to his messages.

Africankel:

I pray for you, that the eyes of your understanding be open, I pray that the rays be turned on in your spirit, The wisdom (Phronesis) of God works in you, it inundates your very esseince, You are walking in the knowledge of God's word, I pray that the love of God abound much more in you heart, such that you will see God in people, haterad is far from you, may God's grace rest upon you, may He not only bless you, but make you a blessing, You are the solution to the cry of many, men will speak good of you all the days of you life, you will never groan for your heart desires, it comes to you of a free caurse, Critisism is far from you, May you continually see the good in people, refuse to see the mistake of ANY man of God, The blessings of God that makes rich and adds no sorrow are yours in abundance, Amen.

I also pray that the same things come to you. And may God bless you too. Amen.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by mazaje(m): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
why are christains always fighting and disagreeing with each other? why are you guys all using the bible to buttress your claims? why the infighting? na wuna sabi sha.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by ecnevic: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2008
its very disappointing that someone will spend his precious time on his computer condemning a man of God. God did not send you to this earth to criticise but to make positive impart in the lifes of many. in what way have you imparted into the life of the people around you? pls my dear, don;t say something that will bring curse to you. learn to live by the dictates of the Spirit of God and pray always for other people not criticising them.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 6:30am On Aug 22, 2008
ecnevic:

its very disappointing that someone will spend his precious time on his computer condemning a man of God. God did not send you to this earth to criticise but to make positive impart in the lifes of many. in what way have you imparted into the life of the people around you? please my dear, don;t say something that will bring curse to you. learn to live by the dictates of the Spirit of God and pray always for other people not criticising them.

It is equally disappointing that people would not question the spurious works of so called men of God but instead will offer excuses for why they should not be Criticized. Test the spirits and ensure that they are from God is the admonishment from john, their fruits would reveal to us who they really are. Do not conclude that something is true or false until you have credible reasons to say so.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2008
I have been compelled to write this because of the fanatical replies I have seen from the likes of bluesteps, baby5 and Africankel who without doubt are unteachable going by their emotional outbursts and pointless arguments.

Why should I publicly criticize Christian Oyakhilome? Because I have found him wanting in the way and manner he teaches and the motivation behind many of his programmes such as Atmosphere for miracles, Atmosphere for faith and one other whose name I cannot recall. His programmes are aired PUBLICLY TO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. Keeping quiet under the guise of not JUDGING Men of Gold God is a lame excuse considering that silence about phoniness is tantamount to consenting to it.

For a start let us compare and contrast Genuine miracles with fake, stage managed miracles.

1. Genuine miracles are always verifiable.

The miracles Jesus christ performed always made people wonder what manner of man is this because his works were clearly and VERIFIABLY supernatural. He gave sight to a beggar who was born blind and this was easily verified by a whole community who knew the man from birth. Read Matt. 20: 29 - 34, Mark 10: 46 - 52 and Luke 18: 35 - 43

He heals a man with demons named legion (in some other translations mob). The demons were cast into a herd of pigs feeding by the hillside. The whole town saw that the pigs had all drowned and the man legion was in his right mind and the people asked jesus to leave their town because they were terribly afraid.
Read Mathew 8: 28 - 34, mark 5: 1- 20 and Luke 8: 26 - 38.

Jesus feeds five thousand men excluding women and children with five loaves and 2 fish
Read Mathew 14: 13 - 21, Mark 5: 30 - 44, Luke 9: 10 - 17 and John 6: 1 - 14.

2. Genuine miracles need not be advertised whereas fake and stage managed miracles must be COMMERCIALLY SOLD to gullible and faithless people for profiteering and vain glory. Jesus Christ always implored those he healed to go on and tell no one about it. The examples above showed how word of mouth of a genuine miracle which is also VERIFIABLE would attract a lot of attention whether you try to hide it or not.

Whereas Fake and Stage managed miracles will be advertised in print and electronic media and will always remain UNVERIFIABLE because they are not genuine and the need to give false hope to miracle seekers who of course will pay to attend crusades, revivals or (whatever other name there is) in form of collections, offerings, tithes, seed money etc.

3. Miracle seekers would rather seek a sign than keep God's commandments. Jesus said how evil are the people of this day they ask for a miracle but none will be given them except the miracle of Jonah (some translations use sign in place of miracle) Read Mathew 12: 38 - 42 and Luke 11: 29 - 32. Despite being a man of great works Jesus affirmed the evil in seeking miracles (signs and wonders) IN PLACE OF HIS WORD. Genuine Men of God are aware of this and they instead prefer to preach the good news for the salvation of souls and not Heretical messages of men's wisdom.

For more on false prophets PLEASE READ 2 peter chapter 2.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by dudubobo1: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
@Paulipopo, I see you have a grouse against Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

Do you have any evidence that miracles performed at his gatherings are not veriafiable?

I understand, and agree with, your point about not just seeking miracles but actually seeking God. However, I dont agree that publicing anything done in God's name is against the word of God. We are actually to go and publish/spread it
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
dudu-bobo:

Do you have any evidence that miracles performed at his gatherings are not veriafiable?

There are others who could argue that there is no evidence that they are verifiable. O ga oh.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
It pains my heart when people run down men of God without proof. as a journalist i have several proofs that miracles recorded or that happen in Christ embassy are real. Lanre Oyetade is the Group Business Editor of Tribune Newspapers. while watching atomshere for miracles, his case was mentioned and he was healed of a problem in the feet or toes. open the pages of tribune where he anchors personal finance and you can get his number. call him.
it is a lazy man's argument that miracles that happen at Christ embassy are not verifiable.people making such claims should do well to investigate and verify whether they are real. i know of at least  three people who attended healing school of embassy and are doing fine in their health.
last word;
Rom 14:4  
Who are you that judges another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. But he will stand, for God is able to make him stand.

this verse is very true.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Dearly beloved,
Warm greetings to you in the matchless name of our Lord Jesus,

My Dear Paulipopo, We are not outbusting our emotions, but pointing out some wrong auttrances against the man of God and correcting them.
I'm not here to exchange words with someone who's heart has been blinded to the truth,

I have carefuly observed and noticed that you are really not aurguing the genuity of mircales but the ability of God, I told you in my earlier posts that ANYBODY can lay hands on people and they will be healed, I have done it several times, It Works!, Jesus did many mighty works, yet he was criticised,
Think of it, Judas ate with him, worked and walked with Him yet he betrayed him,
Pastor Chris could not help but laugh after reading some of your posts,

Miracles dont have to be proven, thats why they're called miracles. (The intrusion of God in a natural situation), They dont need human reasoning!
See you in Heaven.

God bless you!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2008
Africankel:

Miracles don't have to be proven, thats why they're called miracles. (The intrusion of God in a natural situation), They don't need human reasoning!

Blind leading the blind . . . we both know where they'll end up. Christ's miracles in the bible were proven by ALL who saw . . . remember the story of the man born blind?

Mark 1:40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. 42 And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed. 43 And he straitly charged him, and forthwith sent him away; 44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them. 45 But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.

Pls read verse 44 very carefully, if indeed miracles were not to be proven why did Christ as the healed leper to go show himself to the priest?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2008
dudu-bobo:

@Paulipopo, I see you have a grouse against Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

I understand, and agree with, your point about not just seeking miracles but actually seeking God. However, I don't agree that publicing anything done in God's name is against the word of God. We are actually to go and publish/spread it

You are a liar to say I argued "that publicing anything done in God's name is against the word of God", I never said that you are the one trying to make it look like I have something against Chris Oyakhilome. Besides show me living proof not your claims or those of members of Christ embassy, but neutral and EVIDENTLY truthful signs, evidence, proof, sound and lie proof testimony. Those are the things that make a miracle verifiable. And your reverse psychology ploy is not working.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donjon: 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2008
I used to attend that particuler church,but i stopped after a while.
The main thing is that even if the man is a fake,he has actually given some peeps the ability to heal themselves through faith.
Trust me!
Am saying the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter / Bishop Oyedepo Distributes Relief Materials To IDPs In Maiduguri / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.