Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27225 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2008
Hahaha I see! It's funny, if we will allow ourselves to be controlled by a vain thread like this that assainates one's character without just course. It's just like people who rumoured earlier in this country that our president died out of ill health which was totally false and dangerous, some even swore that they were sure of that. This will expressly tell you who they are.  Interestingly to know that the world you're in is liken to as a seed, what you sow is what you reap/get. It's much better to sow good seeds because you'll definitely have a harvest time right here on the earth and beyond.

My brethren in Christ Jesus, if we continue to argue on this thread that has a false foundation, devil will be so happy that he has succeeded in his gimicks. Bury this thread if the Spirit of Him that raised Jesus from death dwells in you. Why? You will see and understand that hate,strife and bitterness are chiping in among us now. Tell me if this is glorifying God or the devil now? Quoting the scriptures doesn't mean you're speaking or addressing things right. You see, unbelievers do quote this same bible but it's the play of religion which doesn't not convert any souls or edifies one another through the ever living and active Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ which is our primary assignment.

This thread cannot reduce Pastor Chris Oyakhilome in any form. Why? It's not news and non of these false claims ever stood the test of time. He personally walks in Love, busy doing what he has been called to do globally to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Walking in Love and Faith will always produce results! It's not a mystery! Knowledge is Power! Glory to Jesus!!!

Look, time will tell. They that know their God shall be strong and do exploits. Love must reign here in Nairaland in Jesus Name, Amen. This thread is a distraction, if you walk in Faith and in Love energized by God's Spirit you will percieve and understand this.

Be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds via the intergrity of God's word in Jesus' Name. Amen. God bless you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
As the days count down, the tempo increases and members of Christ Embassy churches all over Nigeria are awash with anticipation and excitement, at another opportunity to be part of a historic event. Come October 1st 2008, they will carry out the free distribution of millions of copies of the Rhapsody of Realities Devotional by bestselling authors Pastors Chris and Anita Oyakhilome.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
Thank you heavenly Father for giving me your Word. Your Word is my life and by it I live. I can never fail or lose because my life is upheld and maintained in a good place by your Word!

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by vodka(f): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]the thing is mr paul, it is not your right to say whether you feel a man of God is false or not because of what some people on your campus said or did, and some rumour you heard.there's more to being a man of Gd than that. i think this issue of Pasotr Chris is over rated. yes a lot of people in the church over do things and act in funny ways, but you can't use the lump to judge the whole, that's wrong, if some people in the church will sell tings to you its not for you to buy by force, you can say no, and the gist about the south african pastor? what's the proof even if there was proof, because you have your doubts about him it would cloud your judgement anyway. look no one else would reply you on this issue, why? because there's nothing new people haven't said about this man. if you have an issue with him, fine that's your headache. why prevent the people who want to get blessed by him and who are getting saved and healed from their miracles. peace be still, man.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
this is a public relations gimmick to draw more gullible people to the church of course all to the "glory of God".
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
Pepeye's statements have not in any way contradicted mine. We are speaking from the same body of revelation.
Pride? Whose pride? Urs or hers? She simply made statements of fact. If i declare among native doctors that i'm a trained medical doctor, does that make me a proud person?
Jesus said to the phariees, 'i am from above' and again he said to them, 'you err because you know not the scriptures'. He also said ye are of ur father the devil and the deeds of your father u will do. Was he proud? No, he knew who he was and declared same unashamedly. I know who i am!! Greater is he that is in me than he that founded this thread. Glory!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by funjoy(f): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2008
Critics condemn what they can not understand or explain logically, Everyone will be held accountable for their words, and your words will either make you or destroy.

A Christian is expected to read his Bible and not make any man the ultimate authority(David did not take Nathan's message as the ultimate, He went back to God and did what he knew how best to do, touch God's heart), but some people always like shortcut in EVERYTHING. Is there a logical explanation for Jesus mixing sand and spit and rubbing it on the eyes of the blind man? it beats me till date, and Elijah calling down fire, some pple will say He was possessed or used magic,

People who have needed miracles and have gotten it will probably tell you that may you never get to a point where you will need a miracle desperately and it won't happen because you have done some things that looked real irrelevant at some point in your life. Whatever you don't understand and you can't explain or confirm, I think it will best to leave it and let God do what He knows how to do best -- He has never needed anybody to fight his battles, and I don't think He is about to start doing that now
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2008
@donnie,

donnie:

Pepeye's statements have not in any way contradicted mine. We are speaking from the same body of revelation.

If the same body of revelation is producing two opposite and contradictory statements in defining a single concept, I forebear.

donnie:

Pride? Whose pride? Urs or hers? She simply made statements of fact. If i declare among native doctors that i'm a trained medical doctor, does that make me a proud person?

Don't play this childish game. Your attitude was well pointed out - and I wonder why so many BLW believers are often too quick to retort with silly antics when people try to share with them. If you're too disturbed about this, let me know.

donnie:

Jesus said to the phariees, 'i am from above' and again he said to them, 'you err because you know not the scriptures'. He also said ye are of your father the devil and the deeds of your father u will do. Was he proud? No, he knew who he was and declared same unashamedly.

I expected that, actually - the very same point I hinted at above. If people ask questions and engage BLW brethren on issues they haven't made clear, all of a sudden non-BLW brethren are of the devil, not so?

It is the same Scripture we are discussing - and if you make an unclear statement and are called upon it, why should the enquirer be "of the devil" simply because of that? Did people not ask the Lord Jesus Christ numerous questions? Did He accuse them all of being "of the devil" because they asked questions? cheesy

donnie:

I know who i am!! Greater is he that is in me than he that founded this thread. Glory!

I guess you're on such a spiritual high that the only thing you know about yourself is to denounce others as of the devil! That is truly a great thing of achievement! grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2008
When you are in a 'hot' environment with 'hot' people for too long you get burnt.

When you are in a 'cold' environment with 'cold' people for too long you freeze.

Never get so comfortable where you are that you turn deaf ears to everybody else.

[img]http://myvespa.files./ 2007/03/v-sign.jpg[/img]
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2008
A_K_O:

Never get so comfortable where you are that you turn deaf ears to everybody else.

Words on marble. smiley
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by noetic(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2008
A_K_O:

words on GOLD
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2008
wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Gamine(f): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
When will Christians start reading their Bibles and living Christ-Like cry cry
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2008
True christ like christianity does not exist anymore, especially in the numerous instituitons masquerading as churches. True christianity is getting extinct. The day churches start spending their millions on helping the needy and the less priviledge instead of distributing "millions" of booklets (advertising materials) and the church not making noise (advertising) about it then i would believe that christ is finding his way back into the church
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Easyy(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2008
I dont believe in referring to anyone as a phoney. I was involved with BLW when I was in Uni and I saw the desire for God there. Although I dont like the idea of people only going to church seeking some miracle or the other, it does not make anyone a phoney.

God is the one who sees the heart and can determine the contents of every man's heart.

If I make a mistake while trying to achieve something, no one needs to read meanings to it
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
KunleOshob:

The day churches start spending their millions on helping the needy and the less priviledge instead of distributing "millions" of booklets (advertising materials) and the church not making noise (advertising) about it then i would believe that christ is finding his way back into the church

Well, bros, in my view there is nothing wrong with distributing any amount of booklets (and may God Himself increase such a work done for Him). To be fair, BLW claims it helps the less privileged - amen. Others also do the same. . . amen too. I don't have "millions", but may God increase my capacity to make a difference in the life of people - one person at a time. Amen? Amen! cheesy

The question I often ask myself is this: which one is more important to me between these two:

(a) spending more of my time fishing out the "phoney" among us. . . or:

(b) spending more time seeking to make a difference in one person's life?

Hey. . . that question was for me O! cheesy Anyhow, whoever Dem say na this or dat, may God help me to do the more important. Amen? Amen! Again. . . amen O! cheesy
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
If people ask questions and engage BLW brethren on issues they haven't made clear, all of a sudden non-BLW brethren are of the devil, not so?

It is the same Scripture we are discussing - and if you make an unclear statement and are called upon it, why should the enquirer be "of the devil" simply because of that? Did people not ask the Lord Jesus Christ numerous questions? Did He accuse them all of being "of the devil" because they asked questions

as regards the above, i may not know the number of BLW members you have interacted with or the level of their maturity. Like I stated in another thread, I am a member of Christ Embassy or BLW. I have serious friends from Deeper life, Watchman, Lord's Chosen, Anglicans and Catholics. I focus on the common faith that was once delivered to the believers. I believe in divine healing, health, prosperity. The salvation package includes all these and even more.
But i have met people who insist that salvation package is strictly for being born again and then what ever we see in life we take. to cement their position, they refer to Eccs. , time and chance happen to them all. well, i strive and endeavour to walk in love. i may win the argument but not the heart of the person. the ultimate is heaven which should be the goal and end point of every xtian. however, i have seen a lot of unnecessary name calling in here and a number of blogs. this should not be the spirit. Like i told one Jehovah Witness in my office who accused me of believing things that are not realistic, i believed with my own heart and not her own.
So pilgrim1, at Christ embassy, we dd not embark on name calling.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2008
@nwakaibe,

nwakaibe:

So pilgrim1, at Christ embassy, we dd not embark on name calling.

I don't think I accused BLW of embarking on name calling. And if we can be fair to ourselves, one wonders that even on this forum the first thing to strike any reader is the unhealthy attitude of some BLW replies which are quick to denounce others as "of the devil" simply because the BLW brethren in question were unable to proffer answers and clarifications to the statements they made. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by toluxa1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Let me assure you that the safest place one can be now is in the Church, the Body of Christ. To disregard it in any way is to disregard the definitive voice of the Spirit of God, for it is He Himself Who forms the Body and adds members to it as pleases Him (please see 1 Cor. 12:13-14).

13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Indeed, men can form churches here and there with many denominations - and that's not what I'm looking at. Rather, I believe that the Word of God is quite clear that the Body of Christ was formed by the Spirit of God - and it is He alone that maintains it.

Now I discovered that when it comes to thwe matter of the Church, but most especially the matter of salvation, majority of people do not understand the way God uses the word ALL. Now God uses the word all in two ways and we can only understand it according to the context of where it is written and then compare scripture with scripture (1 Cor. 2:13)
Lets take one out of many examples:
1Co 15:22- For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
The first all (even though they are the same greek word) is the 'normal' all we know meaning through Adam, all died. But the second all is talking about the TRUE BELEIVERS. Does who God has saved. So is you take the all in "we all baptized into one body" in 1 Cor. 12. 13 as the Church, then you have not done your home work well.

pilgrim.1:

Whether inside or outside the Church, one could choose to either obey or disobey His Word - we see this fact brought to us today in unmistakable terms. However, while you may have looed at one who disregards the Word even when he is "in" it, what about those who are also in the Church and also obey Him?

Now the word of God concerning the end of the Church age is not a matter of One obeying the word of God or not. The End of the Church age has been in the Celender of God since the foundation of the world.

Honestly I have come accross more than 50 places (just in the old testament). where I beleive God was professying about the End of the Chruch age (sometimes I dont even know where to begin), its all over the bible, but -
Da 12:4 says: But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

I'll suggest you study the parable of the wheat and tares more carefully, prayerfully, and humbly, maybe God will help you understand.

pilgrim.1:

When you read that verse in its context, it becomes obvious that the Church is not here being denounced by God. The verse is focusing on the sinister entity prophetically called "Babylon the great" (see verse 2) - and as one reads the whole chapter, it is obvious that nowhere in Scripture did God describe the Church as such.

I think what has happened here is that many people have made the mistake of confusing the identities of both the Church and the hideous system called "Babylon" - they are not the same. God loves the Church, and His ultimate goal is to bring us victorious whatever 'Babylon' pretends to be.

Yes you're correct- God didnt say the Church is Babylon. But he also said it. And then sealed it up. We can only understand this when we comapre scripture with scripture. Now lets take a look here:

Somewhere in I think Ezekiel now or Jeremiah (sorry I cant remember), God represented King Nebuchadnezzar as Satan as Lucifer. Now King Nebuchadnezzar was the King of Babylon.

Now:

2Th 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

We all know that the Son of Pardition, the Man of Sin here is satan. God called him MAN here. And it was written that He will take His Seat in the temple of God (which is the Church). The word Seat here talks about Taking control, ruling over. When we tie this together with Revelation 18: 4, we see that even though God didnt literarily call Babylon the Church, that is the way the bible was written.

pilgrim.1:

It is quite sad that you had to take this detour. My plea is that God Himself will open your eyes to see where you missed it and then return in obedience with Spirit-led understanding of HIS will. Quite often, people speak of doing "God's will" when in fact they have chosen to do theirs; and as often as is the case, they see others as the "persecutors".

Now I dont have anything to say here. All I know is that all over the world, I read and hear of people who are facing great problems with family and friend who have obeyed the command of God and left the Church. But I came accross this interesting passage in the bible.
Mr 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

I know Mat. 13 has a lot to say about the End of the Church age. So I beleive V. 12 is talking about this.

Talking about Mat 13. It has a lot to do with Mat. 24:

Mt 24:1 ¶ And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mt 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Here again we see a picture of Jesus Departing out of the temple. The Temple was the External Representation of the kingdom of God Just as Israel, Zion, Judaea, Jerusalem were all used as a picture of the external represention of the Kingdom of God. So also the Church was used as an External representation of the Kingdom of God. So he departing out was a picture illustration the End of the Church age. When the Holy spirit will depart from the Church and Satan will take His seat shewing himself that he is God. PLEASE I WANT YOU TO READ 2 THESS. 2

I also found something interesting about the mount of Olives: Take a look at Zechariah 4: 14

Zec. 4:14 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

This description tells us that Mount Olives is Against (positionally) Jeruasalem. What does this tell us? I think when we compare scripture with scripture, we can understand this.

pilgrim.1:

In simple terms, it teaches that God's dealing with issues in the Church - but this is not to condemn it, but rather to purify it.

There is a diference in this type of "judgement" in the house of God. It points to the positive and constructive connotation that brings about holiness in our lives. It is not "judgement" in the sense of condemnation; for God has not appointed the Church to condemnation or wrath (see 1 Thes. 5:9), although as believers we suffer many things ("afflications" - 1 Thes. 3:3). In some other instances, God disciplines His own children (Heb. 12) so that they are mindful to maintain a holy lifestyle.

1 Peter 4:17 therefore must be understood in its context rather than snatching it in isolation to arrive at ideas that are far divorced from its surrounding verses. The apostle warns against isolated self-interpretation of verses (2 Peter 1:20); and that is why we should read that verse in consonance with the whole epistle itself.

Note that Peter was speaking of issues as affecting his own day (as well as ours) - "the time is come". . . not "the time shall come". Now, if 1 Peter 4:17 was to be understood to mean that God had finished with the churches, the apostle would not go on to urge his readers to still believe in God and cast their cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:17).

God has not finished with the Church. The teaching that He is done with the Church was a late 18th century heresy (as far as I can remember) among some extreme groups who misapplied the Word to say what it does not teach. That is why they do not understand that the Church will remain until the Second Coming of Christ - and only when He returns shall the Church be caught up to be with Him (1 Thes. 4:17).

The simple question to ask such people is this: has the Lord Jesus Christ returned for the Church or not? How do you answer?

Blessings.

1 Thes. 5: 9 does not say God has not appointed the Church . . . It say . . . not appointed US. . .
I really think I should stop here because this is getting too long. But I hope you and others will take time to check these things out yourselves.

It would be interesting for you to know that I'm just an 18 year old boy and sometimes I cant understand why God has had mercy on me to understand these things, and thats why i think I should share the little I know.

May the LORD richly Bless you all. Amen
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by toluxa1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
Wao. I didnt know this thing was that long. Sorry oh.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2008
@toluxa1,

toluxa1:

Wao. I didnt know this thing was that long. Sorry oh.

Great to read your replies again, no matter the length I'm willing to patiently listen. smiley

toluxa1:

Now I discovered that when it comes to thwe matter of the Church, but most especially the matter of salvation, majority of people do not understand the way God uses the word ALL. Now God uses the word all in two ways and we can only understand it according to the context of where it is written and then compare scripture with scripture (1 Cor. 2:13)
Lets take one out of many examples:
1Co 15:22- For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
The first all (even though they are the same greek word) is the 'normal' all we know meaning through Adam, all died. But the second all is talking about the TRUE BELEIVERS. Does who God has saved.

So far so good.

toluxa1:

So is you take the all in "we all baptized into one body" in 1 Cor. 12. 13 as the Church, then you have not done your home work well.

I believe the context is clear as to include all who are true believers in Christ. But if you think otherwise, I'm willing to read from you.

toluxa1:

Now the word of God concerning the end of the Church age is not a matter of One obeying the word of God or not. The End of the Church age has been in the Celender of God since the foundation of the world.

So, when actually did the "End" begin?

toluxa1:

Honestly I have come accross more than 50 places (just in the old testament). where I beleive God was professying about the End of the Chruch age (sometimes I don't even know where to begin), its all over the bible, but -
Da 12:4 says: But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

But that does not say that God has finished with the Church as you alleged.

toluxa1:

I'll suggest you study the parable of the wheat and tares more carefully, prayerfully, and humbly, maybe God will help you understand.

Care to share how that also states that God has finished with the Church?

toluxa1:

Yes you're correct- God didnt say the Church is Babylon. But he also said it. And then sealed it up. We can only understand this when we comapre scripture with scripture.

Okay.

toluxa1:

Now lets take a look here:

Somewhere in I think Ezekiel now or Jeremiah (sorry I can't remember), God represented King Nebuchadnezzar as Satan as Lucifer. Now King Nebuchadnezzar was the King of Babylon.

It will be interesting to read it when you find it.

toluxa1:

Now:

2Th 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

We all know that the Son of Pardition, the Man of Sin here is satan. God called him MAN here. And it was written that He will take His Seat in the temple of God (which is the Church). The word Seat here talks about Taking control, ruling over. When we tie this together with Revelation 18: 4, we see that even though God didnt literarily call Babylon the Church, that is the way the bible was written.

Not so. First, the man of sin is not Satan but the antichrist (see Rev. 19:20 that identifies him as distinct from the devil in Rev. 20:10). The "temple" in 2 Thes. 2:4 is not the Church but rather the Jewish Temple that will be rebuilt in the time described as "Jacob's troubles" (see Jer. 30:7). However, the Babylon spoken of Revelation is not the Church - you can compare this with Rev. 17:5 where the sinister Babylon is called "the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth" . Before you accuse the Church of fitting that description, you would have to identify history with the Church to see if your presumptions hold any substance.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
@toluxa1,

toluxa1:

Now I don't have anything to say here. All I know is that all over the world, I read and hear of people who are facing great problems with family and friend who have obeyed the command of God and left the Church.

There was never any command given to them by God to leave the Church. None whatsoever. If people are leaving the Church at any rate, the Bible simply says that we should understand that as a sign of their "falling away". It is a grievious thing indeed to the heart of God for such folks to assume that God commanded them to depart from the Church; the only thing that the Bible states clearly about such departure is that they have taken a sad position fall away - and that is a very hard place to find oneself. undecided Let me demonstrate this by referring to God's faithful Word:

[list][li]Luke 8:13 -- "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away."[/li][/list]

[list][li]2 Thes. 2:3 -- "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition[/li][/list]

When people fall away from what God has called them to be and enjoy in Christ, they search in vain for some so-called "commandment" of God asking them to depart. I have often asked them to find me that verse, and I never hear from them. It is my prayer that will not be your experience.

toluxa1:

But I came accross this interesting passage in the bible.
Mr 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

I know Mat. 13 has a lot to say about the End of the Church age. So I beleive V. 12 is talking about this.

Talking about Mat 13. It has a lot to do with Mat. 24:

Mt 24:1 ¶ And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mt 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

In all the texts above, there is not a single verse where God asked anyone to depart from the church.

toluxa1:

Here again we see a picture of Jesus Departing out of the temple. The Temple was the External Representation of the kingdom of God Just as Israel, Zion, Judaea, Jerusalem were all used as a picture of the external represention of the Kingdom of God. So also the Church was used as an External representation of the Kingdom of God. So he departing out was a picture illustration the End of the Church age. When the Holy spirit will depart from the Church and Satan will take His seat shewing himself that he is God.

If anything at all, you missed it all. The Lord Jesus Christ never at anytime indicated that He would depart from the Church. His word clearly is that He would be with the Church UNTIL the very end (Matthew 28:20 - ". . .and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world"wink. Now my question is simple: has that promise ever failed, toluxa1?

toluxa1:

PLEASE I WANT YOU TO READ 2 THESS. 2

I did - and it did not say the same thing you assume.

toluxa1:

I also found something interesting about the mount of Olives: Take a look at Zechariah 4: 14

Zec. 4:14 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

This description tells us that Mount Olives is Against (positionally) Jeruasalem. What does this tell us? I think when we compare scripture with scripture, we can understand this.

None of those scriptures tell us to depart from the Church or even that God has finished with the Church. Care to expatiate?

toluxa1:

1 Thes. 5: 9 does not say God has not appointed the Church . . . It say . . . not appointed US. . .
I really think I should stop here because this is getting too long. But I hope you and others will take time to check these things out yourselves.

That verse says that God has not appointed us to wrath. If God had finished with the Church, that verse would have said that the Church was appointed to wrath.

toluxa1:

It would be interesting for you to know that I'm just an 18 year old boy and sometimes I can't understand why God has had mercy on me to understand these things, and thats why i think I should share the little I know.

May God give you the grace to mature in His truth as you grow older.

toluxa1:

May the LORD richly Bless you all. Amen

Same to you. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hunniebomb(f): 1:04am On Sep 10, 2008
although i can't remember the exact quote from the bible, but the meaning: God said we shouldn't judge his priests. if chris na fake, na imi have ejo with God.

if he's fake then he burns in hell if he doesn't repent.

and if u want to judge or criticize people, have hard facts.

am not saying the guy is fake or not, but if he is fake, thunder go strike am lol
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nwakaibe(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2008
Pilgrim1. wink wink I feel you. You may wonder why some BLW members go beyond the bend at times. The level of name calling among xtians on some threads is mind boggling. So guys who are not yet matured can go off the cuff. despite being persecuted severely by my dad when i got born again and left the catholic church, i still love the old man. i am very proud of him grin grin. at least he sent me to school. so just say anything against him and the rest is, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.will get back to you later
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by dudubobo1: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2008
I did not vote before but I have voted NO because there is absolute no proof that the man is fake. Even if we dont agree with what he's doing, that does not necessarily make him a phoney pastor
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2008
Beloved,
Grace, Mercy and Peace be multiplied unto you from God our Father, and Jesus our Lord. Amen.
It is with great enthusiasm that I write to you all once again…

Let me first of all apologize on the behalf of all BLW brethren who have in one way or the other hurt you by their words…

I have studied the words of Donnie circumspectly, and observed that he didn’t write with the intent of calling anybody a child of the devil… that doesn’t mean that satan does not have children on Nairaland…
Donnie only quoted scriptures tackling the issue of Pride and the life of Jesus, as given in John 8:25… the challenge with his post was his choice of words and misquote of scriptures… He didn’t intend to call anyone a child of the devil.

@ Donnie, the quote from John 8:44… “your father the devil and the deeds of your father u will do.” Doesn’t have anything to do with pride… You have just erred…Lol
Please be careful in your choice of words… Words have deeper meaning that its sound…

And to those who say we are distributing books instead of helping the less privileged.
It might interest you to know that Christ Embassy has an arm of ministry that takes care of the less privileged in the society… Inner City Missions.
If you wanna benefit from this…then declare yourself as one.

This book, like you call it, will transform the live of whoever will get it… This is an investment that will transform the lives of Nigerians and give them the right attitude and mindset…Rhapsody of Realities is a devotional that will make a ‘less privileged person’, become a helper of many.

God Bless You All.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
@nwakaibe, many thanks for your understanding. God bless you O! cheesy

@Africankel, grace to you for your wisdom.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Backslider(m): 12:18am On Sep 11, 2008
donnie said

Nonsense, u do not know your bible.
You are in suppport of an obvious confusion of God's Word by those who call themselves penticostals.
They testify that thay are the ones who recieved the Holy ghost but in actual fact they confess themselves out of the blessing of God by that name PENTICOSTAL which has nothing to do with Christianity.
Because on that day of penticost, those who celebrated penticost were outside and did not recieve the Holy ghost. The disciples who were in the upper room were not celebrating penticost for they couldnt do so for fear of the Jews ( remember Jesus was raised form the dead not too long ago and as such they were under much persecution by the Jews).
So when the Holy ghost came, only those who were not celebrating penticost recieved. The penticostals were outside and did not recieve the Holy Ghost.
The Word penticostal was mentioned in just two places; when the disciple recieved the Holy ghost and when it was refered to as a Jewish feast.

You must read your bible very well

You pastor is in Error on this and he should have known not to declare war on the Holy one. The day the disciple received the holy Ghost is called the day penticost.

I seek the penticostal Holy Ghost baptism.

It however true that it is Just a Day and nothing else. but that day is very important.

You said the disciples were Afraid Far from it they were not Afraid.

Dont you know they came out to minister?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2008
Oh my goodness. . . make una leave this guy alaone nah! undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Africankel(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
Backslider Said:
You must read your bible very well
You pastor is in Error on this and he should have known not to declare war on the Holy one. The day the disciple received the holy Ghost is called the day penticost.
I seek the penticostal Holy Ghost baptism.
It however true that it is Just a Day and nothing else. but that day is very important.
You said the disciples were Afraid Far from it they were not Afraid.
Dont you know they came out to minister?

@Backslider, please learn some manners whenever you are addressing people, especially those of the household of faith, I think you should be the one to STUDY your bible well instead of speed reading it. (There's a BIG difference between reading and studying).

I think you should say he erred, instead of saying his pastor, I suppose his pastor didn’t say all these to you!

To your argument, What is Pentiecost?, Pentecost means 50, so the day of Pentecost is a celebration of the 50ies, The bible says in Acts 2:1-4 …when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And they were filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.[i][/i] If you notice he says ", and it filled all the house where they were sitting" not all the city or all over the world, You'll get to understand this more when you read vs. 5 - 15, the bibles says people from all over the world where in Jerusalem and they where amazed that Jesus' disciples spoke in their mother tongue. (If the Spirit filled everywhere in Jerusalem, you bet all those men will be speaking in other tongues too, In Vs 14 the bible says "But Peter, standing up with (the word translated 'with', means 'among') the ELEVEN, lifted up his voice, and said, " This should tell you that it was only those in the room that spoke in other tongues.

Yes! The disciples were afraid until they received the Holy Spirit which gave them boldness, Acts 1:12 tells us that "they returned unto Jerusalem from (through) the mountain called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a Sabbath day’s journey. (1 week), And when they arrived, they went up into the upper room, were Peter, James, John and other disciples lived…And in those days (Which days?) for as long as they have been together in that room, Peter will stand in the midst of the 120 disciples and admonish them… They remained there until the day of Pentecost. (They didn’t have a plan of going out that day until the Holy Ghost came)

I wonder how Christians got involved in Pentecost. Pentecostalism has nothing to do with Christianity. The Christians where not celebrating Pentecost, the Pentecostals where outside…only the Non-Pentecostals received the Holy Spirit as it happened on the day of Pentecost….This is the irony. And the bible never told you to name yourself a Pentecostal. By your simple confession, you have confessed yourself outside.
Because something has been in existence for a long time does not make it true.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by timimatrix: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2008
well for my own point of view, some pastor start this issue because of there own intrest to spoil other men of God ministry.thank to GOd the truth is coiming out now.
the same man that started the whole scene, when he started that pastor chris in annoited by TB Joshua.the same man said God told him clearly that he will become Nigeria president.now he said God has him to marry another wife after he divirce his wife. think about these things.pastor Chris is waxing stronger,and God working is going to the end of the world through.he is indeed a blessing to our Generation
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by CGKing(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
[table]Make no mistake in interpreting my post as an attack on Chris Oyakhilome it is not, rather it is a true description of the man so many people adore but fail to realise the phoney acts he puts up. Christ embassy is all about Chris Oyakhilome and not jesus christ like he falsely claims and I would explain why shortly.[/table]

Paulipopo, Paulipopo, Paulipopo always stirring up controversies. Always attempting to spread your confusion infection.

[table]No man has the power to judge his fellow man but as christians we are required to test the spirits, instruct the ignorant about faith and warn other christians of the antics of preachers who disguise their love for worldly riches with aura of rel[/table]

Plsease, ITK,
When will you stop contradicting yourself,? When? You said Pastor Chris is a Phoney yet you say you are not posting an attack. You say no one has the power to judge and here you are doing that same thing. You must think nairalanders are dulmp. This looks like confusion. What is it with you and Pastors? Is that the problem in the country? There is somethin about you. You are definitelhy not a chriatian, I can bet my rent money on that. You are not a christian thus not near an authourity in any such christian arguments.

We will soon find out who you are. It is wither you are a failed journalist who it didnt work out for in the newspapers or a Jihadist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 25th Wedding Anniversary(throwback Pic) / Bishop Kukah Joins Cultural Dance Troupe In His Home Town (Video) / I Saw A Mermaid And Merman Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.