Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27271 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 06, 2008
I had to laugh at one of pepeye's posts.

Believer’s Loverworld; Building a happier world with Love

Much Love

1. i read my bible, i do not see anywhere Christ told us to go "build a happier world".
2. Infact my bible makes me understand that Satan is the prince of this world.
3. the bible also says that the ground of this world is cursed.
4. What happier world are we building and with whose love?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by toluxa1(m): 5:21am On Sep 06, 2008
WE ARE LIVING IN A DAY WHEN GOD IS FINISHED WITH THE CHURCHES. EVERY SINGLE CHURCH AND TODAY IS UNDER THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD. We read in I Peter 4:17:
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Satan has actually taken his seat in the Churches of our day.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by obinna5000(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2008
Only God knows who are His and those that are not. I have no right to judge or pass any judgment on any pastor when I dont have any substantial evidence to prove he is a phoney.

Romans 8:33 says WHO WILL BRING A CHARGE AGAINST GOD ELECT? IT ONLY GOD WHO JUSTIFIES.

If we dont trust our men of God any more, who are we going to trust or listen to?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by timbabng(m): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2008
. . . .time will tell
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2008
So hw did the term penticostal find its way into Christianity? Well, I dont know but it sure came from the same place where some other unscriptural teachings which these penticostals have introduced over the years came from. Teachings such as: Holy Dove, Double portion annointing, breaking of ancestral curses, deliverance ministry, enemies must die, oil and mantle, mammy water hair attachment, demonic creams, coke, sugar and sardines.
Dont forget that the fact that a lie has been on the throne for a long time does not make it true, it is still a lie.
In the time of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men every where to repent.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
toluxa1:

WE ARE LIVING IN A DAY WHEN GOD IS FINISHED WITH THE CHURCHES. EVERY SINGLE CHURCH AND TODAY IS UNDER THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD. We read in I Peter 4:17:

The verse your cited (1 Peter 4:17) does not teach what you suppose. Please read it carefully, and reflect on the fact that if God has "finished" with "every single church", then that must necessarily include your own (if you have one at all).

Now, the logically question here is: toluxa1, has God finished with your own church as well? cheesy
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by osaroodion(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
I have read almost all the post and my conclusion is " Anyone that speaks against the man of God in any way will definately pay for it" if you say you do not believe in miracle then i have a message for you " pray that sickness and diseases should not come to your doorstep or to any one closer to you. Thanks and God bless you
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by hubreality(m): 6:50am On Sep 07, 2008
Davidylan, your responses here shows that you're not yet filled with the Holy Ghost. God's word is Spirit and life, John 6:63. If the Holy Ghost dwells in you, He will cause you to walk in Love. How? You will interceed in prayers for your brethren and people around you. Unbelieve, hate, bitterness and strife are fruits and gifts of the devil. Show love to everyone including non christians. God is LOVE. Let it shine in and thru you!(LOVE).
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
hubreality:

Davidylan, your responses here shows that you're not yet filled with the Holy Ghost.

Here we go again. lipsrsealed
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by chase4(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2008
Guys lets calm down and reason constructively here, after all we are all a member of one body under one God. By the way what do u guys mean when you say "man of God" ?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2008
hubreality:

Davidylan, your responses here shows that you're not yet filled with the Holy Ghost. God's word is Spirit and life, John 6:63. If the Holy Ghost dwells in you, He will cause you to walk in Love. How? You will interceed in prayers for your brethren and people around you. Unbelieve, hate, bitterness and strife are fruits and gifts of the devil. Show love to everyone including non christians. God is LOVE. Let it shine in and through you!(LOVE).

Your response shows you havent been studying your bible.
Unbelief, hate and strife are fruits of the devil . . . true, but that same devil is the prince of this world . . . BIBLICALLY TRUE.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

How then can you build a "happier world"? Happy in what sense?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by toluxa1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2008
pilgrim.1:

The verse your cited (1 Peter 4:17) does not teach what you suppose. Please read it carefully, and reflect on the fact that if God has "finished" with "every single church", then that must necessarily include your own (if you have one at all).

Now, the logically question here is: toluxa1, has God finished with your own church as well? cheesy

The most dangerous place one can be now is in ANY church. Forget about how big that church maybe or how popular the pastor maybe. If they are still i the church it means they are under the judgment of God. They are the tares that remain even as God is gathering the wheat from the tares in our day. Note that the act of coming out of the church does not mean you are saved. But being in the church and deliberatly disregarding the word of God (His warning):
Revelation 18:4 says
Come out of her, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and her plagues, for her sins have reached unto heaven.’

So to answer your question, I dont attend any Church again. Even though my father is a Pastor and My Grand Father, an ECWA reverend. You cant imagine the persecution I face in my family. I have always been a very committed member in my church, striving hard to do God's will. But when God began to open my eyes to see the truth of the word of God, I had to Obey.

In Daniel 12: 9-10

He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by toluxa1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2008
@pilgrim. Can you tell me then what 1 Peter 4: 17 teaches?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2008
Hi toluxa1,

I hope you had a very refreshing Sunday and had the time to worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Many thanks for gently replying my question: I do hope that my reposte would come across to you in kind so you don't feel persecuted in any way.

toluxa1:

The most dangerous place one can be now is in ANY church. Forget about how big that church maybe or how popular the pastor maybe. If they are still i the church it means they are under the judgment of God. They are the tares that remain even as God is gathering the wheat from the tares in our day.

Let me assure you that the safest place one can be now is in the Church, the Body of Christ. To disregard it in any way is to disregard the definitive voice of the Spirit of God, for it is He Himself Who forms the Body and adds members to it as pleases Him (please see 1 Cor. 12:13-14).

[list]13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.[/list]

Indeed, men can form churches here and there with many denominations - and that's not what I'm looking at. Rather, I believe that the Word of God is quite clear that the Body of Christ was formed by the Spirit of God - and it is He alone that maintains it.

toluxa1:

Note that the act of coming out of the church does not mean you are saved. But being in the church and deliberatly disregarding the word of God

Whether inside or outside the Church, one could choose to either obey or disobey His Word - we see this fact brought to us today in unmistakable terms. However, while you may have looed at one who disregards the Word even when he is "in" it, what about those who are also in the Church and also obey Him?

toluxa1:

(His warning):
Revelation 18:4 says
Come out of her, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and her plagues, for her sins have reached unto heaven.’

When you read that verse in its context, it becomes obvious that the Church is not here being denounced by God. The verse is focusing on the sinister entity prophetically called "Babylon the great" (see verse 2) - and as one reads the whole chapter, it is obvious that nowhere in Scripture did God describe the Church as such.

I think what has happened here is that many people have made the mistake of confusing the identities of both the Church and the hideous system called "Babylon" - they are not the same. God loves the Church, and His ultimate goal is to bring us victorious whatever 'Babylon' pretends to be.

toluxa1:

So to answer your question, I don't attend any Church again. Even though my father is a Pastor and My Grand Father, an ECWA reverend. You can't imagine the persecution I face in my family. I have always been a very committed member in my church, striving hard to do God's will. But when God began to open my eyes to see the truth of the word of God, I had to Obey.

It is quite sad that you had to take this detour. My plea is that God Himself will open your eyes to see where you missed it and then return in obedience with Spirit-led understanding of HIS will. Quite often, people speak of doing "God's will" when in fact they have chosen to do theirs; and as often as is the case, they see others as the "persecutors".

toluxa1:

In Daniel 12: 9-10

He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

This verse does not translate into the idea that God has finished with the Church. Study it in its context and it will become apparent that it is being misapplied by those who do not yet understand God's counsels about the Body of Christ.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2008
toluxa1:

@pilgrim. Can you tell me then what 1 Peter 4: 17 teaches?

In simple terms, it teaches that God's dealing with issues in the Church - but this is not to condemn it, but rather to purify it.

There is a diference in this type of "judgement" in the house of God. It points to the positive and constructive connotation that brings about holiness in our lives. It is not "judgement" in the sense of condemnation; for God has not appointed the Church to condemnation or wrath (see 1 Thes. 5:9), although as believers we suffer many things ("afflications" - 1 Thes. 3:3). In some other instances, God disciplines His own children (Heb. 12) so that they are mindful to maintain a holy lifestyle.

1 Peter 4:17 therefore must be understood in its context rather than snatching it in isolation to arrive at ideas that are far divorced from its surrounding verses. The apostle warns against isolated self-interpretation of verses (2 Peter 1:20); and that is why we should read that verse in consonance with the whole epistle itself.

Note that Peter was speaking of issues as affecting his own day (as well as ours) - "the time is come". . . not "the time shall come". Now, if 1 Peter 4:17 was to be understood to mean that God had finished with the churches, the apostle would not go on to urge his readers to still believe in God and cast their cares upon Him (1 Peter 5:17).

God has not finished with the Church. The teaching that He is done with the Church was a late 18th century heresy (as far as I can remember) among some extreme groups who misapplied the Word to say what it does not teach. That is why they do not understand that the Church will remain until the Second Coming of Christ - and only when He returns shall the Church be caught up to be with Him (1 Thes. 4:17).

The simple question to ask such people is this: has the Lord Jesus Christ returned for the Church or not? How do you answer?

Blessings.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Davidylan,
I chose earlier to ignore the nonsensical question u asked saying: hw can we build a happier world with love when satan is the God of this world.
But in order for u not to mistake our silence for agreement i want to show u hw confused u are about us.
Firstly, the greek Word translated as 'world' in the scripture where satan is refered to as 'the god of this world' refers to the world's system and not the physical structures and buildings. It refers to the poitical, educational & moral systems which are under the control of satan.
So ur arguement that we cannot claim to be building a happier world with love makes no sense since we are neither a construction company nor are we involved in clonning or manufacturing human beings. What we are actually taking control of by the Spirit of God is the system of dis world which we seek to influence and dominate with love b4 the rapture.
We are demonstrating to dis sin sick world a more excellent and glorious way through d message of God's love wc we share.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2008
@donnie,

donnie:

What we are actually taking control of by the Spirit of God is the system of this world which we seek to influence and dominate with love before the rapture.

I quite appreciate the fact that you stated in clear terms what you meant by "world" as pointing to: "the world's system". However, it still (probably) does not give substance to your persuasion - and this is where I seem to share the same concerns along davidylan's question.

If Satan is the god of this "world" (ie, a "system"wink, is there any reference in Scripture that highlights the idea that Christians should b "taking control of" that same system? My inquiry is underscored by the fact that the Word says we have been delivered out of this world (Galatians 1:4).

Just a thought.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2008
We are in the world but are not of it.

Meaning that we dont have to be run by its system.

U digg?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2008
We are a global ministry with millions of members and an ever widening network. We have strong influence in the media, education, politics, entertainment and so on and this influence will increase.
We refuse to let satan have control over the minds of people for whom Jesus died.
Keep talking and criticizing and leave us alone to work for the master. . . the time is short and the Lord is doing a quick work.
The world will hate us because we have believed God's word and are following his plan as little children. They are of their father the devil and they carry out his will and do not understand the wisdom of God except it is granted them. And we are appointed to reach them with the gospel.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pls Donnie, kindly reconcile these two:

donnie:

Firstly, the greek Word translated as 'world' in the scripture where satan is refered to as 'the god of this world' refers to the world's system and not the physical structures and buildings. It refers to the poitical, educational & moral systems which are under the control of satan.

donnie:

What we are actually taking control of by the Spirit of God is the system of this world which we seek to influence and dominate with love before the rapture.

If Satan is the "god" of the world system as you initially agree to, how and where did God tell you to take control of it from the devil?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
donnie:

We are a global ministry with millions of members and an ever widening minsitry. We have strong influence in the media, education, politics, entertainment and so on and this influence will increase.

Christ had but 12 disciples . . .

donnie:

We refuse to let satan have control over the minds of people whom Jesus died.

Satan has control over the minds of EVERY man born in sin. It is salvation through His blood that rescues us from the law of sin and death.

donnie:

Keep talking and criticizing and leave us alone to work for the master. . . the time is short and the Lord is doing a quick work.

Do you honestly believe the time is short? Much of the emphasis on the church is on material acquisition, "global ministry", "widening influence" rather than the kingdom of heaven.

donnie:

The world will hate us because we have believed God's word and are following his plan as little children. They are of their father the devil and they carry out his will and do not understand the wisdom of God except it is granted them. And we are appointed to reach them with the gospel.

The same world you aspire to "build with love"?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2008
donnie:

We are a global ministry with millions of members and an ever widening network. We have strong influence in the media, education, politics, entertainment and so on and this influence will increase.
We refuse to let satan have control over the minds of people for whom Jesus died.

@donnie,

The above is a very unfortunate attitude - it fosters pride, something which is directly opposite to the virtues of spiritual fruit. I don't mean to be judgemental; but you did not even make the slightest attempt to follow through with simple answers. Rather, you seem to have reached a dead end and conveniently excused the answers.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2008
Well, what the Holy ghost has not been able to teach or achieve in u guys through all ur years of christianity (if indeed u were ever a vital part of it); i dont think an extra post will achieve.
Cia l8r, i got wrk to do.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2008
Enjoy your work, donnie. Thanks for the compliments, but let the Holy Spirit Himself evaluate what He does in others who do not come under your canopy. wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ david

I equally had a good laugh too…your ignorance is so visible
 Didn’t know that would generate a lot of interest
 Let me try and simplify it a little bit eh!

How‘d you comprehend this “You are the light of the world” hmm, The salt of the earth! (matt5-13-14) and we have overcome the world (1John 5-4:5)
Because as He is, so are we in this world. 1John 4-17

I bet your religious mind can’t take that

You‘ve grossly misunderstood it all. It is too high for you.

The word world in that particular context is actually an adjective used to qualify the place you may find yourself, could be your Office, school, classroom and neighbours. Showcasing the love of Christ around you, peep who come in contact with you, should be able to catch a glimpse of that love. We express the love of Christ wherever we go cos the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts

That’s why the scripture says “Let brotherly love continue” Heb 13-1. The question is, Who is my brother?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pepeye:

The word world in that particular context is actually an adjective used to qualify the place you may find yourself, could be your Office, school, classroom and neighbours.

In essence, you disagree with donnie? smiley
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2008
i'll skip the snide remarks.

Pepeye:

How‘d you comprehend this “You are the light of the world” hmm, The salt of the earth! (matt5-13-14) and we have overcome the world (1John 5-4:5)
Because as He is, so are we in this world. 1John 4-17

Christ wasnt of the world, infact the world hated Him and eventually killed Him. He managed only 12 disciples at one point, didnt have a home to call His own, had to borrow boats and a donkey to ride . . .

YET He was and still IS the LIGHT of the world, the SALT of the earth and not only overcame the world but overcame death and the grave . . .

Pepeye:

The word world in that particular context is actually an adjective used to qualify the place you may find yourself, could be your Office, school, classroom and neighbours.

this is actually Donnie's interpretation - Firstly, the greek Word translated as 'world' in the scripture where satan is refered to as 'the god of this world' refers to the world's system and not the physical structures and buildings. It refers to the poitical, educational & moral systems which are under the control of satan.

Which is correct?

Pepeye:

That’s why the scripture says “Let brotherly love continue” Heb 13-1. The question is, Who is my brother?    

Certainly not the world . . . because We are not of the world.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2008
How did you comprehend this “You are the light of the world” The salt of the earth! (matt5-13-14) You chose to ignore that, the word world, earth was used too

Because as He is, so are we in this world. 1John 4-17,

And I do agree with bro Donnie, cos the spiritual actually gave birth to the physical… suffice it to say that spiritual realm controls the physical aspects of life in everyway

You guys will always see things differently from us, given the fact that we‘re operating from diff levels. There’s no meeting point
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pepeye:

How did you comprehend this “You are the light of the world” The salt of the earth! (matt5-13-14) You chose to ignore that, the word world, earth was used too

I didnt ignore anything, i know and acknowledge it. I guess my own question is, do you understand what it means? Are you the light of the world from a spiritual or material stand point? What does it mean to be the salt of the earth?

What have the above verses got to do with "building the world with love"? Are the "lights" of the world also admonished to go build it?

Pepeye:

The question is how was Jesus in this world? Did he own a fleet of donkeys and 5 houses? Did he control the media, politics and entertainment of his day? Did he have millions of members?

How exactly are we supposed to be in this world?

Pepeye:

You guys will always see things differently from us, given the fact that we‘re operating from diff levels. There’s no meeting point

pride goes before a fall.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Pepeye(f): 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2008
davidylan:

pride goes before a fall.

Which fall? I really don’t have the time to join issues with spiritually uneducated folks cos it brings you to their level
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pilgrim1(f): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Pepeye,

Pepeye:

How did you comprehend this “You are the light of the world” The salt of the earth! (matt5-13-14)

It does not mean what donnie offered earlier in defining the word "world" as the world's system. That is radically different from the definition in yours as "the place you may find yourself". I believe verse 16 makes clear what is meant by the 'world' in Matt. 5:14 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven".

Pepeye:

You chose to ignore that, the word world, earth was used too

I don't know if I "ignored" anything.

Pepeye:

Okay, and. . .

Pepeye:

And I do agree with bro Donnie, because the spiritual actually gave birth to the physical… suffice it to say that spiritual realm controls the physical aspects of life in everyway

Actually, what I meant was that whether you disagreed with donnie's definition of the word "world", because clearly you're both saying two different things.

Pepeye:

The point is made already above: please do not let such pride stay with you.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2008
Pepeye:

Which fall? I really don’t have the time to join issues with spiritually uneducated folks because it brings you to their level

Men like Peter, thomas, Paul or Timothy? At one time they were spiritually uneducated . . . i doubt if Christ and the other brethren who mentored them had the same attitude you had. humility is certainly a trait very far from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Prophet Onyeka "Heals" A Mad Man In Onitsha (Photos) / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man? / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.