Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60539 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2007
i wasnt at Jumaat sad

@all olabowale will be back soon .
he was sick .
pls lets include him on our prayers .that he will recover fully cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2007
mukina2:

i wasnt at Jumaat sad

he was sick .
please lets include him on our prayers .that he will recover fully
cheesy cheesy

Please send my love to him.
I missed him and always prayed all was well with him.
I returned from Nigeria and he had disappeared.
I sincerely do love him as my own brother.
He has a good heart.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2007
will do . .
he's gettin better sad
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2007
May Allah in His infinite mercy make him well, grant him good and sound health (Amin)

Invocations for visiting the sick and for brother Olabowale

As'alullahal 'Azeema Rabbal 'Arshil 'Azeemi an yashfiyaka

I ask Almighty Allah, Lord of the Magnificient Throne, to make you well, (Recite seven times in Arabic)

The reward for visiting the sick

When a man goes to visit his sick Muslim brother, he walks along a path of Paradise until he sits, and when he sits, he is cloaked in mercy. If he comes in the morning, seventy thousand angels shower praises upon him until evening and if he comes in the evening, seventy thousand angels shower praises upon him until morning.

Invocations of the terminally ill

Allahum-maghfirli warhamni walhiqni birrafeeqih a'la

Oh Allah, forgive me and protect me and grant me the supreme consort

Supplications to say before sleeping

Cup your palms and blow gently into them and then read:

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem. Qul Huwallahu Ahad. Allahus-Samad. Lam yalid wa lam youlad. Wa lam yakullahu Kufuwan Ahad.

"In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Say: He is Allah (the) One. The Self-Sufficient Master, whom all creatures need. He begets nor was He begotten and equal to Him is not any one.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. Qul a'udhu birabbil falaq, Min sharri ma khalaq. Wa min sharri ghaasiqin idha waqab. Wa min sharrin naffa-thaati fil 'uqad. Wa min sharri haasidin idha hasad.

'In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Say: I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of the daybreak, from the evil of what He has created and from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness and from the evil of the witchcrafts when they blow in the knots, and from the evil of the envier when he envies"

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. Qul a'udhu birabbin naa, Malikin naaas, Ilaahin naas. Min sharril waswaasil Khanaas. Alladhi yuwaswisu fee sudoorin naas. Minal jinnati wan naas

"In the Name of Allah, the Moast Gracious, the Most Merciful. Say: 'I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind, the king of mankind, the God of mankind, from the evil of the whisperer who withdraws, who whispers in the hearts of mankind, of jinn and men"

Then pass your hands over as much of your body as you can reach, beginning with the head and the face. Do this three times

Allahu la Ilaha Illa Huwal Hayyul Qayyoom. La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la naum, lahu ma fissamaawaati wa ma fil ard, man dhal ladhi, yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi idhnihi, ya'lamu ma baina aideehim wa ma khalfahum, wa la yaheetoona bishai'im min 'ilmihi illa bima shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyuhus samaa-waati wal ard, wa la ya'ooduhu hifzuhuma, wa Huwal 'Aliyyul 'Azeem.

"Allah! There is no God but He. The Ever Living, the One who sustains ands protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by nuru(m): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2007
May Allah grant him quick recovery.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2007
May Allah grant Brother Olabowale quick recovery. He is such a humane brother and a knowlegeable fellow. We all miss you here.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2007
amin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2007
The ignorant and the faithless muslims

There are many people today within the Muslim communities who claim to be Muslims simply because their parents are Muslims and they are bearing Islamic names. But what is special in one’s parents being Muslims and one bearing an Islamic name?

The only virtue by which a person could be known to be a true Muslim is for him or her to believe and accept whol-heartedly that there is no other god and saviour apart from Allah and to strive to the best of his or her ability to keep the commandments of Allah as stated in the Quran, and also to act in accordance with the traditions of the Holy Prophet.

Quran 3 v 19: the only religion before Allah is Islam. Also Almighty Allah warns that “If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be in ranks of those who have lost al spiritual good (Quran 3 v 85)

Moreover, there are many people in the world today who although are viewed to be Muslims by the people but who in the actual sense lack faith and proper understanding of the religion. As a matter of fact, Allah concludes that:

Quran 2 v 8: ‘of the people, there are some who say: we believe in Allah and the last day’ but they do not really believe.

And whenever they are in problems of any kind, these category of people would not hesitate to approach Church pastors, soothsayers, herbalists, star readers and witchdoctors in the course of findinf solutions to their probems.

But do these people they approach for solutions to their problems really have the power to solve their probems? Certainly not, when they have their own probems too to face. Every happening both good and bad is from Allah

Quran 10 v 107 : If Allah do touch you with (any) hurt (or trouble) there is none who can remove it but He (alone) (and) of he designs some benefits for you. There is none (also) that can keep back his favour (from coming to pass)

Additionally, the Glorious Quran is the only source of solutions to all human problems as stated by almighty Allah thus

Quran 10 v 57: Oh mankind, there has come to you an admonition from your Lord and a healing for the (troubles) in your hearts and for those who believe, a guidance and mercy.

But despite these assurances given by Allah, these faithless and hopeless people who claim to be Muslims disregard the Glorious Quran as the only means through which their problems could be solved but prefer instead to consult the devils in human form for solutions to their problems.

Furthermore, many of these ignorant and faithless Muslims usually fall victims of the new-breed Christian crusaders who are all out in search of people to fill their newly found churches. And on getting to the churches, these people would be promised the best and the quickest solutions to their problems. But would they really get the solutions to their problems? Certainly not, unless Allah wills. And if Allah should grant them solutions to their problems due to His Rahman ( beneficience over the entire m,ankind) in that position of their lives, it means hell for them. Because Allah describes them:

Quran 2 v 86 : these are the people who buy the life of this world at the price of the hereafter.

Also

Quran 2 v 90: miserable is the price for which they have sold their souls

In addition, Allah seriously warns

Quran 2 v 217: if any of you turn back from their (Islam) faith and die in unbelief, their work will bear no fruit in this world and in the hereafter, they will be companions of the fire and will abide therein

Moreover, we have been seriously warned about the plot of the Christian crusaders to mislead us from  the ultimate Islamic path to success and salvation to their own ways of failure and destruction when the Almighty Allah says:

Quran 3 v 69: it is the wish of a section (of the Christians) to lead you astray, but they shall lead astray (none of you except the faithless ones) ,,,themselves

And for further precaution to be taken against the Christians, Allah says

Quran 2 v 120 : never will the Christians be satisfied with you unless you follow their form of religion (and whenever they ask you to come an join their form of religion) say (to them),,, the guidance of Allah ,,, is the only true guidance

However, Allah calls on the generality of mankind thus:

Quran 2 v 21: o ye people! Worship Allah, your Guardian Lord who created you and those who came before you that you may become righteous.

And finally, Allah states what righteousness really is

Quran 2 v 177: it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the last day, and the angels and the book and the messengers, to spend of your sustenance out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarers,  for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves, to be steadfast in prayer and give Zakat, to (always) fulfill the contracts which ye made (with the people) and to be firm and patient in pain (and suffering) and adversity and throughout all periods of panic.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2007
salaam

today is the Prophet's birthday
Rabi ul Awal

at night yesterday dere was a "gamo" (lectures) till Fajr this morning kiss
may the blessings of this day be upon us all

Alhamdulilahi Rabi Ul wala mina
Rabi ul awal mina tabaraka
kiss

ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by abdkabir(m): 12:05am On Apr 03, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Felicitations to everyone! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by drixie: 12:24am On Apr 03, 2007
May Almighy Allah in his infinite mercies bless us abundantly and guide us aright in our actions.Amin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 03, 2007
mukina2:

he was sick .
please lets include him on our prayers .that he will recover fully cheesy cheesy

Get well soon Sir Olabowale. You have been sorely missed. May God grant you healing in your bones!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by drixie: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2007
@davidylan

pls. keep checking here. you'll definitely pick one or two things to aid your learning process.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2007
Learning what? Learning how not to reason and ask critical questions? Learn how to kill my neighbour in the name of god? Learn the principle of taqqiya?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2007
@david

My dear brother, you have been told the truth. Please keep checking this thread and another thread called 'Islamic talk", you will learn a lot aside all those misconceptions you have been having towards Islam.

Just keep checking the two threads and you will learn a great deal about Islam

Shalom
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2007
The forces of darkness

Satan, the accursed devil is the supreme head of all the entire forces of darkness which include, demons, witches, wizards and the evil spirits.

But who really is this satan? Many religions give descriptions and views in many different ways. Some called him a fallen angel while others refer to him as a spiritual being who has the same but opposite status with God, that is he is in control of every bad evil occurrences in the world while God is considered to be in control of every good and pleasant occurances.

But Islamically, the above stated facts about satan are absolutely false. To start with, satan the devil is a Jinn, and if we may ask, who are these Jinns? The jinns are invisible beings created by God from the smoke of fire. Just like the human beings, the jinns reproduce, grow, feed, mature and die. Also the jinns have the abilities to see us and harm us when we offend them unknowingly.

Moreover, among the jinns we have those who are faithful Muslims, who worship the Almighty Allah as we are doing and also follows the commandments stated in the Glorious Quran with the basic teachings of the Holy Prophet (saw).

To prove that the jinns too worship Him as humans do, Allah commands us thus:

Quran 51 v 56: I have only created jinns and men that they may serve me.

To show further the act of faithfulness on the side of some of the jinns, Allah told us a company of the jinns who had listened to its (Quran) wonderful recitations sa saying thus:

Quran 72 v 1-2: we have really heard a wonderful recitation, it gives guidance to the right (path) and we have believed therein, we shall not join (in worship) any (God) with our Lord.

Similarly, among the jinns, we have those who are evil who refuse to worship God as many people do today. It is these devilish jinns that were called demons and evil spirits. They work closely with satan, the master devil and are always in obedience to his commands.

After his downfall from heaven due to his disobedience to God’s order to bow to Adam, satan vowed to God thus:

Quran 4 v 118-119: I will take of your servants a portion marked off, (and) I wil mislead them.

And as a word of assurance of our safety from the satanic plan, Allah says:

Quran 16 v 99-100: no authority has he (satan) over those who believe and put their trust in their Lord. His authority is over those only who take him as patron and who joins partners with Allah.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 3:42am On Apr 09, 2007
Am not canvassing for any votes or sorts ere but i learnt that this election period is a trial period for all of us.
On judgement day, not only d leaders 'll be accountable for their people, but d followers 'll also be questioned on how they ensured good governance.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by nossycheek(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
@BELLOTI,

Christians will understand if and only if they see some reasonability in what you muslims do other than unprovoked attacks on non-muslims
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ibrahim007: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2007
salam mu aleikum,my brothers and sisters in islam.I'm highly impressed and extremely happy that we muslims can talk on this site,may ALLAH[s.w.t] be with us all.Well,what i learnt on islam lately is bout life in hell and life in paradise,and i got to understand the the life we are living here cannot be compared to the life thereafter.Takbir.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2007
@Ibrahim007

Salam brother. You are welcome to the thread. Honestly speaking, life in the Hereafter cannot be compared to the life we are living presently.

If you have time, you can check a thread tagged, 'Judgement day, signs, symbols and proceedings". There you will read about signs and some things about judgment day but it is very unfortunate that I have been very busy, as result, I have not been able to continue but will continue very soon Insha Allah.

Or better still, maybe I should talk about life in Hell and life in Paradise.

Maa Salam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2007
The activities of satan and his agents

The topmost aim of satan is to mislead as many men as possible from the true path of islam (that is, submission to God’s will), to his own path of destruction. To carry out this aim effectively, satan, the master devil has formulated a lot of strategies most especially among mankind which includes false religions, witchcraft, magical practices, superstition and fortune telling.

To make a proper analysis of these satan’s plans to destabilize the entire race of mankind, we have:

1. false religions;

There are many false and man-made religions in the world today which include Judaism, budhism, modern Christianity, Hinduism, Confucianism, paganism, spiritism and a host of others. Satan, the devil has been very successful in misleading the thousands of millions followers of these innovated religions simply by promising them illusionary salvation and eternal life just as he did to Adam by telling him (Adam) thus:

Quran 20 v 120: Oh Adam! Shall I lead you to the tree of eternity and to a kingdom that (will) never end.

And by yielding to satan’s call, Adam eventually met his downfall. So also would be the case with the followers of the above mentioned man-innovated religions. The Almighty Allah reveals concerning the followers of these false religions thus:

Quran 4 v 120: satan makes them promises (of salvation) and creates in them false hopes, but (Alas), satan’s promises are nothing but deception

2. Witchcraft:

This is the act of influencing events be secret means of controlling spirits. It is another means through which satan is getting his plan of destabilizing mankind carried out. The witches and wizards who practise this ac are human beings like us. The only basic differnce between them and the rest of us is that they are in constant contacts with the evil spirits from whom they derive their devilish power.

Satan uses the witches and wizards to create fears, confusions and frustrations among mankind in order to pressurize them to seek refuge in any of the false religious houses and thereby leading them astray.

But, Allah did not leave all alone to be harmed or frustrated by the devilish power of these witches and wizards. Allah says:

Quran 4 v 141: never will Allah grant to the unbelievers (and evil doers) a way to overcome the believers.

Also

Quran 5 v 64: every time they (the witches and evil doers) kindled the fire of (spiritual) war (against the believers) Allah, (the Almighty) …extinguishes it.

But Allah warns that:

Quran 6 v 82: it is (only) those who believe and mix not their belief with strong (doings) that are (truly) in security (from any form of harm)

3. Magical practices:

This is another way through which satan is misleading many people of the modern world. The magicians through the use of devilish powers perform numerous trickish wonders like turning a piece of stone into a living object and vice versa.

Allah clearly reveals the power of magic that it is nothing but deception while He was describing the encounter between Moses, His noble prophet (pbuh) and the magicians of King Pharaoh of Egypt that:

Quran 20 v 66 – 69: he (Moses) said (to the magicians) throw yours first! Then behold their ropes and their rods,,, seemed to him (Moses) on account of their magic,,, to be in lively motion! So Moses, conceived in his mind a (sort of) fear, (and) we said, ‘fear not! (Moses) for you have indeed the upper hand! (so) throw that which is in your right hand, quickly will it swallow up that which they have faked, (for) what they have faked is but magician’s trick. And the magicians succeeded not.

Immediately Moses had overcome the power of Pharaoh’s magicians

Quran 20 v 70: the magicians were thrown down to prostration! (and) they said, we (now) believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses.

Therefore, with these accounts from the Glorious Quran, magical practice is no more than the act of the evil doers to divert the people’s minds from the path of the Almighty Allah. Allah however affirms thus:

Quran 6 v 135: certain is it that the evil doers will not prosper.

4. Supersition:

This is an irrational belief usually founded on ignorance or fear and characterized by obsessive reverence for omens, charms etc. it is another way entirely through which satan (the master devil) is causing confusions and fears into the minds of millions of people all over the world. And at times, these supersitition beliefs oftn lead to hatred and enmity between people of different cultural backgrounds

Allah clearly warns:

Quran 5 v 91: satan’s plan is to excite enmity and hatred between you (so beware of him)

Still on the issue of superstition, I could bring back memories of my experience where we were taught in a literature book, under the heading ‘superstition’ that ‘if someone should wake up in the morning and happens to see first a grumbling old woman, then it portrays a very bad luck for the concerned person for the whole day.

Some other superstitious beliefs which included the sighting of a black cat, putting new pairs of shoes on a table, standing by th main entrance of the house, walking under a ladder etc are all viewed as omens signifying evil. Moreover, as faithful Muslims, we should always shun every superstitional belief and base all our actions in accordance with the injunctions of the Glorious Quran and the teachings of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). However, Allah states thus:

Quran 3 v 132: obey Allah and the apostle that you may obtain mercy (and prosperity)

5. Fortune telling;

This is an act of predicting about future occurrences and those who engage in this act are known as the fortune tellers. These fortune tellers, using the powers of the devil predict events which at times may come true. Other people who also uses devilish powers to predict the future include Astrologers, soothsayers and Psychic readers. In different parts of the world, many people visit these devilish people either to enquire about their future or to obtain advice in making serious decisions.

Although these devilish people often make predictions which at times may come to pass, Allah states thus:

Quran 72 v 26: He (Allah alone) knows that which beyond the reach of a created being perception and to none does he disclose anything of the mysteries of his own unfathomable knowledge.

Then, we should ask ourselves from where did these fortune tellers get the secret knowledge? In answer to this question, Aisha, the beloved wife of the Holy Prophet (saw) related that “some people came to prophet and asked him concerning the soothsayers and the prophet replied, ‘they do not amount to anything’. Bu these people insisted that sometimes, the soothsayers make predictions which come true, then, the prophet said, ‘those (predictions which they make and eventually come true) are things which satan hears by chance from the angels and he (satan) whispers it into the ears of his (soothsayers and fortune tellers) friends and they mix a hundred falsehood with it’. (Bukhari and Muslim)

As Muslims, whenever we intend to do something which we are not sure of its success, instead of consulting the fortune tellers or the church prophets, the only lawful way out is the one narrated by a very close disciple of the prophet who narrated that Allah’s Apostle used to teach his disciples to perform the prayer of ISTIKHARA (i.e prayer in which a person appeals to Allah to guide him or her on the right way regarding a certain situation) for each and every matter,,, (and) he (the prophet) used to say, ‘if anyone of you intends to do something, he or she should offer a two-Rakah prayer other than the compulsory prayers and after finishing it, he or she should say:

“Oh Allah! I consult you for you have all knowledge and I appeal to you to support me with your power and ask for your bounty, for you are able to do all things while I am not and you are the knower of the hidden (facts)”

“Oh Allah! If you know that this matter (name your matter) is good for me both at present and in the future (and in my religin)< in my present life and in the coming hereafter, then, fulfil it for me and make it easy for me and then bestow your blessings on me in that matter.”

“Oh Allah! If (also) you know that this matter is not good for me in my religion, in my present life or in the future, then divert my mind from it and choose for me what is good wherever it may be, and make me be pleased with it” (Bukhari)

Moreover, by performing the above stated recommended prayers of the Holy Prophet (saw) in seeking Allah’s guidance concerning any critical issue which outcome is not known to us. We believers will sort out critical issues which the non-Muslims would be forced to consul the fortune tellers, soothsayers, herbalists, false prophets or false miracle workers for in order to find their ways out.

Demonic attack and threatening

The devilish jinns otherwise known as the demons and evil spirit are very active in possessing, threatening, frustrating and attacking human beings. These devilish spirits cause some people to be down with different kinds of serious illness, while they torment some many other people at night by depriving them of restful sleep and giving them terrible and horrible dreams. Also the demons often drive people to madness and murder. Further, as part of their devilish acts, the demons often appear to people in the forms of their departed relatives, and so making them to believe that the dead are still very much in our midst and also roams among us.

In addition, these wicked demons and evil spirits make many people to believe that the dead needs help from the living and may harm them if the necessary help is not rendered. So, this make some foolish people to offer foods, drinks and sacrifices of different kinds to the dead by placing them on their graves.

Also, satan, the master devil and his devilish agents often invade peoples’ minds by creating in them terrors, fears and evil suggestions. For instance, there was a reported case of a young boy of thirteen who made a serious attempt to murder his father on his sick bed. And who upon much pressure from the members of the family, on wny he wanted to murder his father confessed that the father did not really offend him, but he just felt within his mind to kill him.

Allah advises us thus:

Quran 7 v 200: if an (evil) suggestion from satan fall upon your mind, seek refuge with Allah, for he hears and knows (all things)

Furthermore, Allah reveals about the demons, the evil spirits and the witches who normally take advantage of darkness at night to enage in secret plan in order to achieve their devilish purposes thus:

Quran 4 v 108: they (the demons, evil spirits, witches and their likes) seek to hide themselves from (being seen by) the people but cannot hide from Allah while He is with them when they plot by night.

However, no matter how powerful and dangerous these demons and the evil spirits might be, they cannot encounter the faithful Muslims and be victorious for Allah states:

Quran 3 v 68: Allah is the protector of those who have (absolute) faith in him.

Quran 3 v 126: and there is no victory except from Allah (the Almighty)

Moreover, to show that the power of satan, the demons and the rest of the devilish spirits cannot withstand the supreme power of the Almighty Allah.

A disciple of the holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) narrates that on one occasion while traveling with the prophet, they passed a watering place where a woman brought out her son who has been possessed by the evil spirit and begged the Prophet to help her out. So after taking the boy, the Apostle of God seized his nostril and commands the evil spirit: ‘come out! For I am Muhammed, the Apostle of God’ and so they left the place to continue their journey. Then on their way back home, the Apostle of God asked the woman about the boy’s condition and she replied thus: ‘I swear by Him who commissioned you with the truth that we have seen nothing in him to disturb us since you left (sarh-as-sunna)

Equally, Ibn Abbas, a very close companion of the Prophet narrated that a woman brought her son to the Apostle of God and said: ‘Oh Apostle of God, my son is being possessed by the evil spirit and it seizes him when we have our morning and evening meals’. Then the Prophet took the boy and stroked his chest and made a supplication and when the boy vomited once, something like black puppy came running out from within him (and so he was cured) (Darimi)

Devilish dreams and voices

Satan and his devilish agents including demons, the witches and their likes usually terrorise and mislead people through dreams and strange voices. I have told a story in which I had a devilish dream masterminded by Iblis after my reversion to Islam from the ‘darkness’ called religion. I had the horrible dream in which after I woke up in the middle of the night, found out that I was not myself anymore because I was losing my consciousness drastically. In the course of the situation, I struggled to get hold of my ‘Quran’ which lies very close to me but my hands could not reach it. After much struggle, I got hold of it and opened directly to chapter 2 verse 255, that is, Ayat Kurissiy which I read for some twenty minutes repeatedly before I changed to the recitation of La Ilaha Ila lah. So I continued with the recitation of these words for quite a number of times which I could not recollect now. But something strange and surprising happened while I was reciting the Khalimah (La ilaha ila lah) all of a sudden, a suggestion just came to my mind that I should call on the name of Jesus and everything would be alright with me. Then, I thought within myself that why should I seek for help elsewhere, since I wholeheartedly believe in Allah and His Apostle and not again being deceived like the many years spent in darkness called religion.

So I decided within myself that if only calling on the name of Jesus would make me to be alright, then I will rather die with the recitation of La ilaha ila lah. I continued with the recitation until I finally fell asleep. But to my greatest surprise, when I woke up for the pre-dawn fasting meal, I was so healthy and mentally alright as if nothing at all had happened to me earlier.

This is in fact one of the many ways in which satan and his devilish agents get many people misled through dreams. Amd it had been that I have called on the name of Jesus during the spiritual encounter with the evil forces and had become alright, then, definitely I would have woken up as a person doubting the authenticity of Islam as a religion that leads to success and salvation. Similarly, there had been many reported cases of people who were Muslims but who slept during the night and only to wake up in the morning as having become Hindus, Christians, pagans etc. I once told about my experience and exposure to the ways the demons convert people to other man made religion in dreams. I have mentioned my first experience while I was a Christian and the final exposure through exorcism.

The Holy Prophet Muhammed (saw) stated concerning dreams that:

‘If anyone of you (muslims) had a dream which he likes, then that (dreams) is from Allah and (so) he should thank him for it and tell it to others. But if he has a bad and horrible dream, then that is from satan and he should seek refuge with Allah from the dream and should not tell it to anybody for it will harm him’ (Bukhari)

considering the above quoted sayings of the Prophet that whenever we have a bad and horrible dream, we should always keep it within ourselves and not narrate it to even our closest relatives but only to Allah, the Almighty with whom we should seek refuge from the evil that might result from the dream. And this is so, because at times in the process of finding interpretations to our dreams, our Parents, Guardians and even friends could persuade us to consult fortune tellers, palm readers, herbalists and even church prophets. And by approaching any of the above mentioned charlatans for the interpretations of our dreams, it means going against the teachings of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).

The Prophet himself stated that:

‘all my followers will enter paradise except those who refuse’ and when asked of those who will refuse, he said, ‘whoever obeys me will enter paradise and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses’. (Bukhari0

in addition, there had been many reported cases of people hearing their names being called by strange voices without seeing the callers. For example, a girl was reported to have been hearing the voice of her dead father calling her whenever she was alone at night. This is just another way through which satan and his agents are creating terror and restlessness for mankind. However, Holy Prophet (saw) ordered us to be pronouncing the Adhan, that is, the call to prayer whenever such situation arises. For th Adhan will scare the demon responsible and he will instantly take to his heels and that is the more reason the prophet told us to recite the Adhan into the two ears of a new born so as not to be disturbed by the demons.

In the Glorious Quran, chapters 113 and 114 are of great importance for seeking refuge with Allah the Almighty against every form of evil and demonic attack. The recitations of these two chapters was recommended by the Prophet most especially at the time of going to bed. For no harm whatsoever, either from satan, demons or even the witches will come to anyone who recites the two chapters at the time of going to sleep.

Likewise, the recitation of chapter 2 verse 255 of the Holy Quran, that is, Ayat Kurissiy is also very effective in preventing these forces of darkness from harming anyone who recites it at the time of retiring to bed. For the Almighty Allah will send a guardian angel to protect the reciter of this verse from any form of harms both spiritual and physical.

The Holy Prophet said:

‘Prayer is the sword of the Muslim believer with which he could conquer the forces of darkness and also find a lasting solution to his general life problems.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ibrahim007: 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2007
@ babs 787,i've read dat bk once its really a good one.Please try and finish it up.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2007
Sermon today says- recite surat nur 4 a successfull election. It's not a long surat, so recite 4 d sake of nigeria
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 1:35pm On Apr 14, 2007
i learnt this today and i am soo scared cry

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful

Did you ever stop for a while and asked yourself,
What is going to happen to me the first night in my grave?

What have I prepared for death?
Will I be in heaven or Hell fire?
How often do I remember death?
Think about the moment your body is being washed and prepared to enter your grave,

Think about the day people will be carrying you to your grave,
and your families crying,

think about the moment you are put in your grave

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2007
Just imagine, imaging yourself in your grave, down there in that dark hole,

ALONE, it's too DARK, you cry for help, but there is no answer, Nobody can help you, it's too NARROW, your bones are squashed

You regret all the bad things you've done during your life, you regret missing the 5 PRAYERS
you regret listening to music
You regret your disrespectful manners towards everyone, especially your parents,
you regret not wearing your hijab
You regret ignoring the orders of ALLAH,
YOU REGRET IGNORING THE KNOWLDGE OF ISLAM
YOU REGRET ALL THE BAD THINGS YOU'VE DONE,
THERE IS NO ESCAPE, YOU WILL FACE YOUR PUNISHMENT FOR EVERY LITTLE THING YOU'VE DONE,
You are ALONE in your grave only with your DEEDS, no money, no jewelries, nothing, ONLY YOUR DEEDS,

AND WHEN IT IS SHUT,

YOU FEEL LIKE SCREEMING AND TELLING EVERYONE NOT TO GO, TO STAY BESIDE YOUR GRAVE

BUT, YOU CAN'T BE HEARD, THEY LEAVE YOU AND GO AND YOU HEAR THEIR FOOTSTEPS, AND HEAR THEM CRYING THEY WALK AWAY , AND THEN TOTAL SILENCE

YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD LAST FOREVER IN THIS WORLD, YOU THOUGHT YOU WILL STAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES FOREVER, YOU THOUGHT YOU WILL HAVE FUN FOREVER, NO
YOU WERE WRONG!!!

THEY LEFT YOU ALONE,
JUST SPEND FEW MINUTES AND LOOK AT YOUR FUTURE HOMES, AND SPEND THE WHOLE OF YOUR LIFE PREPARING FOR THEM,

YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO IGNORE THIS, YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THIS EVERY MINUTE, EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY,
EVERYTIME YOU ARE ABOUT TO COMMIT A SIN, REMEMBER THE DESTROYER OF PLEASURES:
DEATH

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by dblock(m): 6:13am On Apr 15, 2007
That's deep
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2007
@mukina

Thanks for the post

@Ibrahim 007

Salam brother,

I will try to complete it. Its just I have been replying these haters of truth.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 20, 2007
babs787:

@mukina

Thanks for the post

@Ibrahim 007

Salam brother,

I will try to complete it. Its just I have been replying these haters of lies.

grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by abdkabir(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2007
We shld strive continuosly to be better knowing that we are not perfect.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 1:37am On Apr 22, 2007
Muki that's one thing i don't think am afraid of but I do not really think of d grave though.
There's a mistake alot of people make during jumah.
Most people count d rosaries while d imam is giving d lecture which is totally wrong.
D reason y d jumah is 2 not 4 is due to the sermon which is meant to serve as those two rakats
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 1:38am On Apr 22, 2007
At Muki again- i think I'll prefer dying during my pilgrimage. Hopefully when 'm 89!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 10:25am On Apr 22, 2007
grin
mustay you do not know when ur time's up sad
no one can predict it or request for it sad

you want to die in Mecca abi? cheesy
at 89 will you be able to attempt it? shocked
why at that age? undecided

well may Allah grant us long life to be able to go through the 5 pillars of Islam .before Death comes . . sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.