Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60541 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2007
Hopefully was d word
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2007
Every believer wants to die in Mecca but we should know that everyone has his appointed time and when the time comes, he must surely leave. I may die now or tomorrow but what matter most is how close we are to Allah. If we are in the morning, one should worship as if one is not going to witness afternoon and if we are in the afternoon, worship Him as if you are not going to witness sunset. ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

One should strive towards perfection every second, minute and hour because no one knows where, when, time his time will come.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 7:42am On May 02, 2007
@mustay

Salam. Sorry for the defeat but the humiliation has just started o. We (gunners) will disgrace you on Sunday and Man U. will trample on you at F.A final. Why not leave this yeye chelsea and join mukina and I at Arsenal. You have not received any beating, in fact, its just starting.

grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ADENITAN: 6:29pm On May 02, 2007
WABARAKALLAHU FIH TO MY BROS AND SISTERS WHO HAVE BEEN CONTRIBUTING ON ISLAMIC TOPICS.THOSE GUYS ATTACKING OUR RELIGION ISLAM ARE HYPOCRITE,LETS LEAVE THEM AND TEACH OURSELF THINGS THAT IS BENEFICIAL TO WE MUSLIMS,IT IS STATED IN ISLAM NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM,WE DONT NEED THEM BUT THEY MUST NOT ATTACK OUR RELIGION.MAY ALLAH BLESS ALL CONTRIBUTORS
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:15am On May 03, 2007
salam brother

You are 100% right. There is no compulsion in religion really, truth is being made clear from falsehood except those that want to deceive themselves. We cant force people to accept Islam, we can only preach, Allah knows best.

As you said, I am leaving them alone to their deceit, they can only deceive themselves but not muslims here. Some muslims know the unbelievers's faith more than some of them. Islam is a religion of proof and not following what so called Imam or whoever tells you. Following the saying of the Imams without due verification may lead to Bidia which is another sin.

We will try concentrating on studying the Quran and knowing more about Islam and the misconceptions being preached by westerners.

Also, Insha Allah, am working towards teaching every chapters and verses in the Holy Quran, where a certain verse is revealed (Mecca or Medinah) and why it was revealed.

May Allah continue to guide us all (Amin).

Thanks for your wonderful post

Maa Salam.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2007
Thanks Mr Babs and thanks to everyone else. May Allah bless you all, Amen
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by muhsin(m): 2:26pm On May 03, 2007
Things are going allright here. Hope to soon contribute my words in the thread.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by festacson(m): 1:25am On May 05, 2007
the truth is dat most of those moslem imams need to start teaching unity in Nigeria and tolerence cuz that sharia dat some moslems are planning wont work including in some northern states. It is so annoying dat to moslems is only them or nothing not knowing dat thats the arab brainwashing. why can't arabs take their black moslems equal like blacks do eg Egypt, Morrocco, Libya, Algeria, Tunisa, central Africa Republic, and now sudan, and probaly chad etc is proof that we took them equal but they saw themselves better dats y anyone not arab can't rule nowhere in the mideast; even the small country dat israel is occupying has caused violence and death since she stepped foot on there. My wish is dat Nigerian moslems lead the whole of west african moslem but also live in peace with their christian and non believer brothers cuz everybody can't worship d same thing.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 1:29am On May 05, 2007
your prayer is my prayer.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:30am On May 07, 2007
@festacson

Thanks for the post anyway but will like to correct your impression about blacks not equal to white. I think you are well aware of a place called Mecca to mention but just only one. If blacks are not equal to other colours, then they would have created their own separate place of worship but there, people mingle together regardless of colour, race, ehtnicity etc. Muslims are not interested in your outlook as long as you are a muslim. Hope I have communicated.

Cheers.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2007
Festacson you dont seem to know much about islam like most of your brethren here, too bad. There is nothing about creed or colour in islam and certainly nobody says everyone most be a moslem. But i assure you from my own belief if you die as an unbeliever you are going straight to hell fire. So go ahead and make your choice.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 9:10pm On May 10, 2007
i learnt that Islam is the way kiss
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Maidamma: 6:17pm On May 11, 2007
Assalamualaikum my brothers n sisters please always ask for forgivness and say your prayers, Islam is a way of life and A religion of peace
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 14, 2007
some one forwarded this to me:

Our Prophet MUHAMMAD (s.a.w) Said,

'If the people knew the reward
for the Dhuhur prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If
they knew the reward for 'Isha' and the 'Fajr' prayers in
congregation, they would join them evenif they had to crawl.If
they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for
it'. (Sahih AL-Bukkhari vol. 1: no.688)

'pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse'.

Three important and beneficial things,
Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.) says
that

'if a person recites:

1. ' Ayatal Kursi' after every Fardh Namaz
(Salaa) then there will be nothing between him and Heaven except
Death'

2) There is a Hadith that says 'La Haula Wala Quuata illa
billahi aliyul adheem' is such a great medicine that it cures
every disease andthe most minor disease it cures is 'Sorrow'
(Gham).

3) Another Hadith says 'if a person recite surah
ikhlaas, (Khul huwallahu ahad, ) 10 times in a day then Allah
build a palace for him in the Heaven. (Subhaan Allah)

salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 12:13pm On May 14, 2007
some Du'ahs

Du'ah Before Sleeping-

Allahumma Bismika amutu wa ahya

O Allah! with your name i die and live.

Du'ah after waking up-

Alhamdulillahil-lazi Ahyana Ba'da ma Amatana Wa Ilaihin-Nushur

All praises to Allah, who revived us to life after giving us death, and to Him we shall have to return.

Du'ah after having a good dream-

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil-alamin.

Allpraise be to Allah, the cherisher and sustainer of the worlds.

Du'ah after having a bad dream-

A'uzu Billahi Minash Shatanir Rajim.

I take refuge of Allah from Satan Accursed.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by spaceworld: 6:00am On May 15, 2007
Salam Aleikun,
Infact i am delighted to come across this forum, not knowing that a good Islamic thread exist like the one here, well hope to keep the thread on with the little i ave as well

masalam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 2:59am On May 16, 2007
oyb:

'if a person recites:

Death'

shocked Even if the person is a fornicator, murderer or thief?

oyb:

2) There is a Hadith that says 'La Haula Wala Quuata illa
billahi aliyul adheem' is such a great medicine that it cures
every disease andthe most minor disease it cures is 'Sorrow'

(Gham).

grin How many diseases has it cured so far?

oyb:

3) Another Hadith says 'if a person recite surah
ikhlaas, (Khul huwallahu ahad, ) 10 times in a day then Allah
build a palace for him in the Heaven.
(Subhaan Allah)

shocked grin What if you are sick and can only recite it 8 times a day? does allah build you 80% of a palace in heaven?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 16, 2007
instead of asking, you can become a muslim and find out. grin
if nothing else, Islam will give you that which you so desperately need:
serenity. kiss
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 9:56am On May 16, 2007
@davidylan

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nicer(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2007
"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions."
- Surat AnNahl 16:97

[Lessons from this Verse]
The keys to Success: Eman and Righteous deeds. Eman and Righteous deeds. It's repeated everywhere in the Qur'an.
Ask yourself, what can I do this week to increase my Eman? And what can I do this week to increase my righteous deeds?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 16, 2007
Nicer:

"Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions."
- Surat AnNahl 16:97

You dont need to work "righteousness", just see what "allah" says:

'if a person recites:

Death'
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2007
@davidylan

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

@all

salam

I think I need to dedicate more time here and supply the little I have for the benefit of the entire muslims reading posts here. We need to be learning from each other. We cant force people to accept Islam we can only preach.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 8:23am On May 17, 2007
Repentance and seeking forgiveness

Allah's Messengger (SAW) said, 'By Allah, I seek the forgiveness of Allah, and repent to Him more than seventy times in a day.

Allah's Messenger said, 'Oh people, repent unto Allah, for I repent one hundred times a day.

Allah's Messenger said, 'I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty other than Whom there is no other God, the Living, the Eternal, and repent unto Him.

Whoever says this will be forgiven by Allah even if he has deserted the army's ranks.

Allah's Messenger (saw) said, 'the closest that the Lord comes to the slave is in the middle of the last portion of the night. So if you are able to be among those who remember Allah in this hour then be among them'

Allah's Messenger said, 'The closest that the slave comes to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke Allah time and again (in Sujud)'

Allah's Messenger said, 'it is a heavy thing for my heart if I do not seek Allah's forgiveness a hundred times a day'

Ibn Athir explains that the Prophet was always vigilant in his rememberance and drawing near to Allah, and if he forgot to do any of what he normally did from time to time, or it slipped his mind, he felt as if he had wronged himself and so would begin to seek the forgiveness of Allah.

Note: The ignorant apologists do say here that the prophet seeks forgiveness for the sin he commits. Ignorant is truly a disease.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2007
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently?
« #169 on: May 02, 2007, 07:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@mustay

Salam. Sorry for the defeat but the humiliation has just started o. We (gunners) will disgrace you on Sunday and Manchester United. will trample on you at F.A final. Why not leave this yeye chelsea and join mukina and I at Arsenal. You have not received any beating, in fact, its just starting.

HABA!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by babs787(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2007
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently?
« #169 on: May 02, 2007, 07:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@mustay

Salam. Sorry for the defeat but the humiliation has just started o. We (gunners) will disgrace you on Sunday and Manchester United. will trample on you at F.A final. Why not leave this yeye chelsea and join mukina and I at Arsenal. You have not received any beating, in fact, its just starting.

HABA!

Hope you are not just recovering from the last defeat grin. I have not been seeing you here after the defeat, see you need to leave your team and join us. Abi I lie brother? cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by nago2007(m): 12:23pm On May 17, 2007
Just learnrd this from Sheik Harun Yahya's website, and like to share with you.

THE SECRETS OF THE HYPOCRITE

Among the people there are some who say, ?We believe in Allah and the Last Day,? when they are not believers. They think they deceive Allah and those who believe. They deceive no one but themselves, but they are not aware of it. There is a sickness in their hearts and Allah has increased their sickness. They will have a painful punishment on account of their denial. ( Surat al-Baqara: 8-10)

To most people, the word hypocrite does not mean much. Some interpret it as meaning ?two-faced? or ?liar,? as they use it in everyday speech, but remain unaware of its significance in the Qur?an. People with some knowledge of religion, on the other hand, think of the hypocrites as a group of deniers who mainly lived at the time of our Prophet (May Allah bless him and grant him peace [saas]).

The fact is, the hypocrites are a group whom Allah mentions in hundreds of verses of the Qur?an and He reminds us to be on our guard against them. From the Qur?an, we also learn that hypocrites as a group are not encountered only infrequently, but on the contrary, they are ?organized? within every community of believers.

When we look into the Qur?an, we can see that this rule applies to all times: to the followers who accompanied the Prophet Musa (peace be upon him [as]), to those who believed in the Prophet Sulayman (as), to the community of the Prophet Ibrahim (as), to that of our Prophet (saas) who lived 1,400 years ago?in short, whatever Muslim community the Qur?an mentions, one can see that there were hypocrites within it. That is because, as the verse reveals, ?This is Allah?s pattern with those who passed away before. You will not find any alteration in Allah?s pattern? ( Surat al-Ahzab: 62), Allah tests every community of believers in similar ways. If there is any community of believers, then inevitably there will be a group of hypocrites within it. This is an unchanging law of Allah.

For that reason, Allah reveals in many verses of the Qur?an the characteristics of this community that represents a danger to believers. And therefore, hypocrites are one of the kinds of people most often described in the Qur?an.

These people are able to live, sometimes for many years, among those sincere believers who totally dedicate their lives to Allah. They pretend to be like those who struggle on His path, dedicating their lives and property. But in fact, they are nothing of the sort and are concerned solely with their own interests. This group has been seen in every true and honest community of believers throughout history. Indeed, as stated above, the Qur?an provides a great deal of information about the hypocrites in the communities of many prophets, including Prophet Muhammad (saas).

Self-satisfaction is one of the most important distinguishing features of hypocrites. Anyone with a hypocritical character imagines himself to have no need of anything and to be always on the right path.

For that reason, as revealed in the verses, ?No indeed! Truly man is unbridled seeing himself as self-sufficient?

( Surat al-?Alaq: 6-7), their unbridled nature and denial constantly increase. Since they regard themselves as superior to others and independent of all needs, they are unable to submit to the commandments of Allah or to take advice.

But the better to understand the true character of the hypocrites and their perverted logic, we first need to grasp the difference between the hypocrite and the typical denying personality.

The Difference between Deniers and Hypocrites
But most people, for all your eagerness, are not believers. (Surah Yusuf: 103)

As the above verse tells us, most people do not have faith. Those who do not believe in Allah have always constituted the majority on Earth. This group, known as ?deniers,? includes those who openly deny Allah, idolaters and all those with sickness in their hearts, as well as hypocrites. The one characteristic they share in common is that they do not fear Allah as they should and live their lives far removed from His book. However, there is one group among the deniers listed above whom Allah says are ?in the lowest level of the Fire? ( Surat an-Nisa?: 145).

So what is the difference that makes the hypocrites so much worthy of punishment than other deniers?

A denier does not believe in Allah and totally rejects His existence?together with moral values and the Qur?an, of course. A hypocrite, on the other hand, does not deny Allah directly, but claims that he believes in His religion and the Qur?an. In contrast to the deniers who openly declare their rejection of Allah, the hypocrite conceals his denial and gives the impression of being a believer. He will claim to have faith and to fear Allah. Through His verses, however, Allah reveals that a hypocrite does not tell the truth and that the true faith of a believer is absent from his heart. In Surat al-Baqara, it is stated that:

Among the people there are some who say, ?We believe in Allah and the Last Day,? when they are not believers. ( Surat al-Baqara: cool

Since the hypocrite claims to have faith, he is to be found among the community of sincere believers. He will sometimes spend his entire life among them. But since he conceals his denial, he constantly seeks conflict among believers, desiring to harm those who truly believe in Allah and to cause them to make concessions regarding their belief. This conflict-producing characteristic of hypocrites is revealed in the Qur?an:When the hypocrites and people with sickness in their hearts said, ?What Allah and His messenger promised us was mere delusion.? ( Surat al-Ahzab: 12)

If they had been overrun from every side, and had then been asked to revert to disbelief, they would have done so and hesitated very little about it. ( Surat al-Ahzab:14)

Despite all his denial, the hypocrite will never come out and openly declare ?I am a denier.? On the contrary, he will claim to have an exceedingly high level of taqwa, or heedfulness. In his view, believers are on the wrong path and he, himself, is on the true one. He maintains that his aim, therefore, is to encourage believers towards the true path. This is another one of the hypocrites? methods of instigating corruption.

Are Hypocrites Irreligious?
One of the most important features of hypocrites is that although they say they believe in religion, their personal conception of religion is incompatible with the Qur?an. The reason is that they insist on their own particular independent reasoning rather than the Qur?an. The logical webs of the hypocrites are described in the Qur?an:

Is it their intellects that direct them to say this or is it that they are an unbridled people? ( Surat at-Tur: 32)

As set out above, the hypocrite claims to fear Allah, but his attitudes have nothing in common with those who really do fear Him. His aim is not to please Allah: On the contrary, he exhibits all kinds of behaviors that will call down Allah?s wrath upon him. Yet in doing all this, he will fiercely maintain that he fears Allah exceedingly and that all his actions are compatible with the Qur?an.

In addition, the hypocrite will appear to fulfill most acts of religious worship, and may indeed even carry these out. Yet there is a great difference between his manner of performing these and those of a believer?as well as his objective. For example, the believer performs prayers solely to earn Allah?s approval, while the hypocrite does so in order to show off. Allah reveals this behavior of the hypocrites in this verse:

The hypocrites think they deceive Allah, but He is deceiving them. When they get up to pray, they get up lazily, showing off to people, and remembering Allah only a very little ( Surat an-Nisa?: 142)

Outwardly, hypocrites and believers appear to perform the same acts of worship. The fact is, though, that believers ?are humble in their prayer? ( Surat al-Muminun: 2) and earn a reward for their observances. Hypocrites, on the other hand, suffer Allah?s wrath because of their insincerity and duplicity.

On the surface, therefore, the hypocrite is no atheist but rather, claims to believe in God and to abide by most religious observances. Yet he is still not a religious individual. He is devout only when it comes to his own conception of religion, which is the ?Religion of Hypocrisy.? Yet because he seeks to distort religious moral values, even despite his sound knowledge of them, all his endeavors will be in vain in the Hereafter. Allah describes that day in another verse:

Their actions will come to nothing and, on the Day of Resurrection, We will not assign them any weight. ( Surat al-Kahf: 105)

This Religion of Hypocrisy is the religion of satan, who established his hidden dominion over people, seeking to turn them from the path of Allah and to dominate their minds in all ways possible. He urges them to do evil, and directly seeks to prevent their doing good. He possesses a most extraordinary logic, and reveal the connection between it and human hypocrisy. Hypocrites are well aware of this logic of satan?s, but to them it makes no difference. Although no hypocrite will ever say, ?I follow satan and live by his religion,? still he will exhibit that same twisted logic.

Courtesy: Harun Yahya
www.harunyahya.com

Those whom Allah (in His Plan) willeth to guide He openeth their breast to Islam(Al An?am:125)
Allah is the Guide of those who believe to the Straight Way.(Al Hajj: 54)
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 11:36am On May 19, 2007
Babs. Hope you stand by your words
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2007
Mustay:

Babs. Hope you stand by your words

grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 3:13pm On May 27, 2007
so latu fati

thats what has been playin on my mind since suba .the meaning and all cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by needeeg(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2007
When a believer gives in to temptation, a black stain appears on his heart. If he repents and asks for forgiveness, that stain disappears. But if he continues to transgress, the stain continues to grow until it blackens the entire heart. That stain is the rust the Lord Almighty refers to: "Nay, rust has fallen upon their hearts for what they have earned." -The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Abu Hurairah
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2007
Death
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Mustay(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2007
Let's say am destined to die at ten but today am 76, does it mean 'cos i used to pray for elongation of life that's y am 76 and not dead yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.