Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? (8257 Views)

Poll: Have you ever seen or heard of a Hausa/Fulani hustling abroad?

Yes: 16% (15 votes)
No: 69% (64 votes)
Indifferent: 14% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Oldest Woman Ever Seen At A Polling Unit (photo) / Boko Haram Is NOT A Hausa/Fulani Phenomenon, It Is A Kanuri Thing / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 2:13am On Sep 07, 2008
Queenisha:

They hustle around Middle East and North Africa.
washing cars, doing maiguard, boi boi and eating off the dust bins
They are the modern slave hands of Arabia.
and every now and then they are rounded up and beheaded.
Chei, this Queenisha baby, you are too much. I enjoy reading your jokes. smiley smiley
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by blackspade(m): 4:42am On Sep 07, 2008
To be honest, I've only met a handful of Fulani in Los Angeles.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bilymuse: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2008
To be honest, I've only met a handful of Fulani in Los Angeles.

Tufiakwa, what are they doing there, are they peddling  gworo or milking cow?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by DRANOEL(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2008
and the northern obsession continues! you guys should find a better thing to do with your time like reading about timbuktu and why the north was ruled by indirect rule
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nigeria10: 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
hustling ke?? why would they do that, how many of their graduate do you see that is jobless. If they graduate, since they are in power, they can remove any of you southerner and replace you with themself. That what needs to stop, 

this the many reason southerner hate northerners. You can not continue to do this thing and expect people to like you.  I remember i want to work for savannah sugar many years ago in adamawa state. There was only one other corper who read electrical engineering and was from kaduna, but he already got a job offer somewhere in the north. he refuse to apply. I did, and they refused to take me. This is a federal govt company at that time. they said i was not from the north. In a federal govt company. This company was paid and build by southerner money. No single northerner money was used to build the place.

You know what, they put an ad in the newspaper and where they ask that northerner should apply they stated the state of origin. I made a copy of the newspaper. kwara, kogi and  benue were not listed as the north. You know what nobody apply for the position. And for month it was not filled up.

I design and constructed  a sugar counter for this company, which they refused to install. Not only that they had only one electrical engineer, who already was moving to abuja. And you would expect this people to even reconsider this. they refused, the chief engineer even took me to the MD. That this person must not go. that i was too skillful. they refused, claiming only northerner should get the job. let me give you my adamawa history. i use to teach at mayo belwa only secondary sch. When i got there they had  few teachers. I took them maths, additional maths, physics, chemistry, geography to ss1, ss2, ss3,  all their multiple class.  they had no teachers.  i even force the children parent to allow their children to come to school on satursday and sunday because the ss3 were about to have an exam WASC. On youth corper salary.  I was not support to do this, but decided to.  Even after i switch from mayo belwa to savannah in numan. I even used my own parent money since the youth service money was worthless at that time to travel back and forth to mayo belwa to teacher the student for free.

I was even a member of the nigeria christain corper fellowship, i used to visit villages and we supply medical facilities and treatment and other basic service to their villages. I was told i was recommended for an award, which never happened.
That was what the chief engineer saw that he wanted me to remain. he read mechanical.  With such an incredible profile do you think any worth is value company would want you. No. this people said no,  I am not a northerner.

This give you a level of discrimination taken place in the north. Look If i was complain. Ask people from the middle belt how they are been treated. then you would hear story. that can not continue. this is why many southerner hate northerner.

I had no time to edit, off to church.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
Very sad story indeed.
I hope you will reap bountifully for your charity someday soon.
Most corpers do have similar cases when it comes to charity; mine was somewhere in Osun state.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nigeria10: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2008
it is not the charity are am talking about but the level of discrimination the north have towards other nigerians. Even against the middle belt. I understand them and hear them speak. you wonder?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
My ear don full.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bilymuse: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2008
it is not the charity are am talking about but the level of discrimination the north have towards other nigerians. Even against the middle belt. I understand them and hear them speak. you wonder?

I have seen it , witness it and felt it.
l have said it time without number on this thread, northerners have no conscience, especially the far Muslim north. they are the most pernicious vermin mother nature has ever suffered to walk the earth.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
they don't have to go abroad and hustle they have all they need to be OK. which is power. no one should ever see them as being foolish for we southerners are the foolish ones they decide for us all the time they tell us when and who to rule us they manipulate every sector of this country in their favor if you think i am lying check yaru adua's cabinet and you will know what i am saying so please no one should insult the northerners they have seen we the southerners as gullible and having a price so they use it against us.

they are wise and i respect them a lot.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
D FACT IS no matter how long lies may persist,the truth will come out one day &until we all agree to tell ourselves the truth. . . . . .
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by blackspade(m): 4:06am On Sep 11, 2008
bilymuse:

Tufiakwa, what are they doing there, are they peddling gworo or milking cow?
ROTFLMAO, actually most of them were University students, but a few were actually in the country illegally, working in the ranks of illegal mexicans lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Sagamite(m): 8:22am On Sep 11, 2008
There appears to be a lot of ignorant morons on this thread.

If you engage your brain a little'bit, you would probably deduce that the reasons you don't find Hausa/Fulani hustling abroad are:

1) They are the poorest in Nigeria and probably cannot afford the trip.
2) Majority can hardly speak English as they have been nurtured in Arabic hence would find it difficult to adjust and assimilate in the West.
3) Lack of solid education makes them a content bunch and limits opportunities for them in the West.
4) There religion does not make the western culture affable to their lifestyle.
5) Majority of the few that you see abroad spending are the FEW that have stolen, enjoyed the qouta system and not passed down the benefit to the average hausa/fulani man except in degrading handouts.
6) The ones studying abroad don't need to hustle as the state government funds the whole thing since the census manipulation affords the state disproportionate national budget allocation and the lack of education participation mass means the few willing to study have access to a large state education pot for scholarships.
7) A high proportion of Nigerian hustlers in the West are there for a combination of reason rather than solely hustling. They are there to hustle and study (sometimes the latter is the primary driver for relocating). The latter is not one thing hausa/fulanis are accustomed to/are interested in/find in line with their aspirations/have the prerequisite educational background to leverage on, hence this limits the attraction of the travel or relocation to the West.

To say they all have a beautiful life hence don't go abroad to hustle is quite moronic. They are the poorest in general in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ajilete(f): 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
[/quote][quote author=Sagamite link=topic=168364.msg2784093#msg2784093 date=1221117756]
There appears to be a lot of ignorant morons on this thread.

If you engage your brain a little'bit, you would probably deduce that the reasons you don't find Hausa/Fulani hustling abroad are:

1) They are the poorest in Nigeria and probably cannot afford the trip.
2) Majority can hardly speak English as they have been nurtured in Arabic hence would find it difficult to adjust and assimilate in the West.
3) Lack of solid education makes them a content bunch and limits opportunities for them in the West.
4) There religion does not make the western culture affable to their lifestyle.
5) Majority of the few that you see abroad spending are the FEW that have stolen, enjoyed the qouta system and not passed down the benefit to the average hausa/fulani man except in degrading handouts.
6) The ones studying abroad don't need to hustle as the state government funds the whole thing since the census manipulation affords the state disproportionate national budget allocation and the lack of education participation mass means the few willing to study have access to a large state education pot for scholarships.
7) A high proportion of Nigerian hustlers in the West are there for a combination of reason rather than solely hustling. They are there to hustle and study (sometimes the latter is the primary driver for relocating). The latter is not one thing hausa/fulanis are accustomed to/are interested in/find in line with their aspirations/have the prerequisite educational background to leverage on, hence this limits the attraction of the travel or relocation to the West.

To say they all have a beautiful life hence don't go abroad to hustle is quite moronic. They are the poorest in general in Nigeria.
I agree with a lot of what you have said but i think there are poor people all over Nigeria. Southerners who travel abroad to hustle are far from rich. They go because they are desperate for a better life and dont see the government doing anything or offering any means of improving their lot. A southerner has only himself to fall back onto. He has to hustle and sweat blood to make a living. The northerner on the other hand can either rely on some powerful rich uncle/brother/indegene to bail him out or rely on the totally subjective quota system. Many are complacent(or lazy or both) as they dont NEED to hustle.
i agree that their culture does not mix very well with western culture.
For the record not everyone on this thread is an ignorant slowpoke.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by 1luvkipsus: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
They are contented people unlike some of us.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ajilete(f): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
They are content because eveything is handed to them
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Sagamite(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
ajilete:

I agree with a lot of what you have said but i think there are poor people all over Nigeria. Southerners who travel abroad to hustle are far from rich. They go because they are desperate for a better life and don't see the government doing anything or offering any means of improving their lot.

There is poor and there is POOR!!! The northerners are POOR.

At least in the south, the average individual can still make about N180K a year, that in the north gets you close to classification as "doing well for yourself".

More than half of the northerners are the people living on less than N4000 a month. Where do you expect them to get the N130K to travel to Lufdon?

Where will they stay when they get to Lufdon? At least most southerners have a family friend or relative to bunk with, for a typical northerner it is additional expence. Hence not only does he have to find the flight money but he also has to find accomodation and transportation money from his N48K per year earnings (Note: Whilst supporting 4 wives and 16 children from that earnings).

So please don't compare Northern poverty to Southern poverty. Theirs is severe.

ajilete:

A southerner has only himself to fall back onto. He has to hustle and sweat blood to make a living. The northerner on the other hand can either rely on some powerful rich uncle/brother/indegene to bail him out or rely on the totally subjective quota system. Many are complacent(or lazy or both) as they don't NEED to hustle.
i agree that their culture does not mix very well with western culture.
For the record not everyone on this thread is an ignorant slowpoke.

Go to the north and see hunger and youthful death. Life expectancy in the north is way lower. Child Mortality is crazy. Disease is rampant. Healthcare is virtually non-existent. At best they get a little Almajiri level handout to keep them alive.

Which powerful uncle to bail who out? At best you would have 20 powerful people in each TOWN. How are those 20 going to support the population of over 200K even if he has stolen.

Even quota system requires a prerequisite of a higher education (Polytechnic or Uni), most of them did not even pass JSS3 so how do you expect the 20m or so with limited education to benefit from on quota system. It is the handful that finish school that can exploit it.

Don't be assuming that all northerners are living a decent life, talkless of good life.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ishmael(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
@sagamite

if northerners are POOR, then why are you complaining? How many northerners you get money pass sef? siddon there they decieve yourself say northerners POOR while the truth is that most of them are even reacher than you and your entire village. Common let's keep sentiments apart and say the truth, have you ever lived in the north before to draw a conclusion that they are extremely poor?
ignorance is a contagious disease, and it has affected so many southerners here.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
Ishmael,
u be Malo?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ishmael(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2008
congoshine:

Ishmael,
u be Malo?

I'm not one. But must i be a malo man before i say the truth? I live in the north, (kaduna and abuja), so i know exactly what i'm saying. We've decieved ourselves so much that these northerners are the poorest, whereas they are growing richer day by day. is Dangote a southerner? is he not one of the richest men in Africa today?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nigeria10: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
if northerners are POOR

Are northerner poor, they are not poor. They get all the govt 90% govt contract in nigeria. how can they be poor, ??

You see contractor who poor before. stop the nonsense. why do you think they want power all the time.??
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ssRhino: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
I have seen few
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
ishmael:

I'm not one. But must i be a malo man before i say the truth? I live in the north, (kaduna and abuja), so i know exactly what i'm saying. We've decieved ourselves so much that these northerners are the poorest, whereas they are growing richer day by day. is Dangote a southerner? is he not one of the richest men in Africa today?
Good. Glad you're not. I see your point of view.

I think what Sagamite is saying is that you have possibly the worst kind of poverty(&wickedness) among them. How else can you explain releasing one's children to the elements all in the name of almajiri?

I however dnt agree(with Sagamite) that  it has to with money for ticket. haven't we heard of people that cross from Katsina-Niger-Libya-Spain? I lived in KD too,& majority of guys that take this route to Europe were southerners?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
ishmael:

@sagamite

if northerners are POOR, then why are you complaining? How many northerners you get money pass sef? siddon there they decieve yourself say northerners POOR while the truth is that most of them are even reacher than you and your entire village. Common let's keep sentiments apart and say the truth, have you ever lived in the north before to draw a conclusion that they are extremely poor?
ignorance is a contagious disease, and it has affected so many southerners here.

Sorry, where did you see me complaining 

You got me confuse with that statement. Where you taking a wide guess?

The truth is most of them are richer? Where did you get that stats? Whereever you got it from, it must have involved better survey and more quality data than that used by CBN. Or was it just whimsical assumptions due to lack of respect for facts?

ishmael:

So becuase Dangote is rich, then northerners are ______?

Wow, that argument beats me.

I guess linking that logic, everyone from Dangote's village must at least be a millionaire. And since Jubril Aminu is highly educated, then northerners are well educated.

@congoshine

I gave a list of possible reasons above not just financial cost of the travel.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

Are northerner poor, they are not poor. They get all the govt 90% govt contract in nigeria. how can they be poor, ??

You see contractor who poor before. stop the nonsense. why do you think they want power all the time.??

I wonder what those almajiris, "akoba adaba" beggers and my gateman are doing with their own profits from all those contracts allocation.  undecided

I guess they go out and beg to hide their riches.  undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by diggler(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
havent read through the entire posts but i believe a majority responders share the following views.

Instead of hating on them, i think we should show some respect for their ability to dominate the power game in this country.
and see what lessons we can learn.
You can trace all these back to the colonial masters who appreciated the Hausas Simplistic worldview which in some instances mirrored their society. that was why they gave them all the priviledges and powers (i mean Tafawa and the Saradauna where Knighted).

However i believe that power is cyclic and if the rest of the country play their game right (esp my brovas from the South-South) they'll get to claim whats theirs.

To remain on directly on-topic, its the simplistic worldview that'll make the average mallam content with his small handouts. he dont need to go abroad to be a 2nd class citizen when he already owns a country or two (Mind U most of these chumps that've ruled us are suspected to be of Nigerien or even Chadian origin)

for example some friends were insinuating that Yar'Adua needed a kidney transplant and they where like he'll get on d waitng list like others.
My response to this was, On the streets of Katsina he'll find 100 000, yes 100 000 willing donors who'll gladly sign over the maintenance of their families to him and maybe arrange enuf complimentary body spare parts for him . I can easily count southern leaders (esp from my Igbo extraction) that can boast of such supporty.

We southerners should quit the PHD thing and try to leverage on our strengths and sophistication.

Long Live Nigeria
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2008
Sagamite is the only person here hitting the nail on the head. Fact is most northerners are POOR and you can't compare their POORNESS to the poor that is obtain in the south. As Sagamite said above, there is poor and there is POOR. They have just few rich men that have stolen nigeria blind, but that doesn't mean that their society in general is not POOR. What we are talking here is average and not overall.
@ Nigeria1. They have people who win more contracts at Abuja more than the Igbos, but the average living standard of the Igbos by fact quadruples their own and that is as a result of Igbo's individual effort. Has nothing to do with federal money (Niger Delta stolen blood money) that is been splashed on many of them northerners. So where is the contract money? Only inside the personal pockets of the few who are unfortunate among them to win such contracts. What about the other millions and millions who have to get up their lazy arsss and work like others to earn a better living standard? Someone mentioned Dangote? I say, lame comparison. See my comment about Abuja contractors. There is no difference.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2008
havent read through the entire posts but i believe a majority responders share the following views.
Which means it's the truth.

"Instead of hating on them, i think we should show some respect for their ability to dominate the power game in this country. and see what lessons we can learn.
No one is hating on them, we are simple telling them what is the truth. They should wake up and work more harder. Their laziness and reluctanct way of life is taking it's toll on the rest of nigerians. Can you maintain an association, business or otherwise with someone that his or her imput is lower than yours? And for how long? That doesn't mean hating on anyone.

You can trace all these back to the colonial masters who appreciated the Hausas Simplistic worldview which in some instances mirrored their society. that was why they gave them all the priviledges and powers (i mean Tafawa and the Saradauna where Knighted).

The colonial masters didn't appreciate any simplicity in hausa people's world view and stop confusing yourself with the simplicity of the hausa's nature to the white man's because both are no where near in comparison. If not, they the colonialists wouldn't have left their place in search of where to make MORE money which brought them to Africa and other areas of the world. The European race love money and have the urge to make money wilts aggressively more than any other race. The hausas are not known for that, so your simplicity comparison is floored.
The colonialists giving privileges and power to the hausas is because they found them as the compromising mugus. That is people that can easily be maneuvered and used to hold and arrest the development of others while milking us dry. The colonialists knew they can't try such with the igbos of nigeria and they will lose out in their long term plan. Any coincidence as to why they located all nigeria's military installations in the northern part of nigeria before leaving? Because they trusted those mugus and illiterates to look after their oil in the Niger Delta without causing them sleepless nights and you can see that their evil plan is still working until today 2008.  Go back to read the history of nigeria/colonialists power play. Akanu Ibiam, an Igbo was knighted and he threw it back at the queen, so being knighted has no meaning.

However i believe that power is cyclic and if the rest of the country play their game right (esp my brovas from the South-South) they'll get to claim whats theirs.
There is no right you can play to take back power from them. Everything is already programmed for them by the British and they get everyday advise from their masters at No10 Downing street. If you are thinking of playing right, then you will keep on dreaming. They manipulated the census to favor them, so if you wait to win correct election and wrestle power from, then as i said above, you will keep on dreaming. The only way will be by force. They have played into our hands by admitting there was agreement to rotate power and that was in their greedy quest to get power back to the north by all means after OBJ. Good and fine, lets wait for them to finish Yar'adua's term and lets see the next spin they will bring about, then blows will fly across if the power will not come back to the south. Power coming back to the south through rotation is definitely not what you meant by saying "playing the right game"

To remain on directly on-topic, its the simplistic worldview that'll make the average mallam content with his small scale retail outfit and handouts from their big men in power.
You are right, but simplistic world view doesn't get any country, group or individual anywhere. That their simplistic worldview is having it's toll on hard working southerners. Every well meaning society have to engage themselves in money making ventures, job creations, e.t.c Go ask the Americans, Europeans and Asians. You don't sit and become ahlmajiri and become a pain in the arrss of others while waiting for handout from Niger delta oil money and tell me, it's because you have a simplistic approach to world view. Sorry, it's not accepted anywhere in Igboland. Get your fukcing arss up and go to work. It will be better if they carve out their own country and can go and swim and sink with their simplistic worldview and allow others who love money so much as lazy people use to say (as if their leaders stealing of our money is not because of love for money) to go their way.

for example some friends were insinuating that Yar'Adua needed a kidney transplant and they where like he'll get on d waitng list like others.
My response to this was, On the streets of Katsina he'll find 100 000, yes 100 000 willing donors who'll gladly sign over the maintenace of their families to him.
That shouldn't surprise anyone. Even in the South East, Yar'adua can't wait a second to get a donor if he request for one from that region, not to talk of an Igbo popular person in the mould of Ojukwu. Nobody rejoices in the bad health of anyone.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by hellypelly(f): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2008
hardly but if u ask me they have even more sense sef, stay in ur country except ur coming for skul or already have something for u outside naija IMO

thats my $.02

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Sagamite is the only person here hitting the nail on the head. Fact is most northerners are POOR and you can't compare their POORNESS to the poor that is obtain in the south. .

I'm sure you meant POVERTY !
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
diggler:

. . . . . .then read through before drawing conclusions
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by ajilete(f): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2008
[/quote][quote author=Sagamite link=topic=168364.msg2786571#msg2786571 date=1221148320]
There is poor and there is POOR!!! The northerners are POOR.

At least in the south, the average individual can still make about N180K a year, that in the north gets you close to classification as "doing well for yourself".

More than half of the northerners are the people living on less than N4000 a month. Where do you expect them to get the N130K to travel to Lufdon?

Where will they stay when they get to Lufdon? At least most southerners have a family friend or relative to bunk with, for a typical northerner it is additional expence. Hence not only does he have to find the flight money but he also has to find accomodation and transportation money from his N48K per year earnings (Note: Whilst supporting 4 wives and 16 children from that earnings).

So please don't compare Northern poverty to Southern poverty. Theirs is severe.

Go to the north and see hunger and youthful death. Life expectancy in the north is way lower. Child Mortality is crazy. Disease is rampant. Healthcare is virtually non-existent. At best they get a little Almajiri level handout to keep them alive.

Which powerful uncle to bail who out? At best you would have 20 powerful people in each TOWN. How are those 20 going to support the population of over 200K even if he has stolen.

Even quota system requires a prerequisite of a higher education (Polytechnic or Uni), most of them did not even pass JSS3 so how do you expect the 20m or so with limited education to benefit from on quota system. It is the handful that finish school that can exploit it.

Don't be assuming that all northerners are living a decent life, talkless of good life.

you have completely missed th point. i have not said that all northerners are living a decent life. same way i cannot say that all southerners are suffering.
however when i said there was poverty everywhere ,there is! Please, who are the AVERAGE southerners that you know that all earn 180k? the difference btw southerners and northerners is that they are ENCOURAGED to stay uneducated and poor. where as in the south even the really poor DARE TO TRY and change their lot. Even if it is selling pepper, clothes, something, anything to make a living. Basic education plays a big part. A lot of southerners know that there most be something more tha life has to offer, in the North they are encouraged to rely on someone providing for them. A lot of the problems of poverty and illiteracy in the north is caused by theri elite, the few rich and powerful cliche that are now holding everybody to ransom. they promote ignorance because it keeps those poor people poor and sick. Yes i accept that there is advert poverty in the north but there is poverty everywhere in Nigeria, people have just learnt to cope and try and change their lives.
I still maintain that a lot of Northerners wait for things to provided for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Floods In Ibadan Again / APC Presidential Campaign Timetable / World Bank Officials And Chinese Investors Visit Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.