Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age (2848 Views)

Poll: What should she do?

age is just a number,marry him: 46% (6 votes)
cannot be trusted,dump him: 53% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 6 Reasons Why You Look Older Than Your Real Age – A Must Read / ‘free Sex For Buhari': Man Beaten To Coma After Refusing To Pay Prostitute / Does A Person's Post On NL Shows His Real Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2008
Very beautiful Christian girl
In her mid 30's
desperate to be married
Finally got a proposal  and she's excited but there's one problem cry cry cry
He refuses to tell his real age.
What will you advise, if this was your friend.

I'm being very cautious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by syren: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
Is there a reason why he's refusing to tell?

I don't see the need for that anyway. He can't even tell her his age? God knows what else he could be hiding.

He must have friends or family she can ask?
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2008
Queenisha:

Very beautiful Christian girl
In her mid 30S
desperate to be married
Finally got a proposal and she's excited but there's one problem cry cry cry
He refuses to tell his real age.
What will you advise, if this was your friend.

I'm being very cautious

Reason why he refuses. What option has she got?
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by k1banty(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2008
she should accept him for who he is,

no be age she go chop

age na just number and i am very sure she will be older than him

that word 'desperate' is enough for her to get married irrespective of the circumstances surrounding the husband to-be's age
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2008
k1banty:

no be age she go chop

that word 'desperate' is enough for her to get married irrespective of the circumstances surrounding the husband to-be's age

Yeah. I guess the lady is your neighbour. *roll eyes*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
I'm thinking he's probably much older and he's embarrassed by it.

@ michelin, the options as far as other men seems limited ,she's extremely picky and age is not on her side .
All her friends have been married for a while.
I'm also concerned about what else he could be hiding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by LadyT(f): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
I find it very very strange.

Is there some dark secret he is hiding?

Surely thats one of the first things you find out?

Is he worried she will dumb him because of age?

1 Like

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
Queenisha:

I'm thinking he's probably much older and he's embarrassed by it.

@ michelin, the options as far as other men seems limited ,she's extremely picky and age is not on her side .
All her friends have been married for a while.
I'm also cocerned what else he could be hiding

Gosh. This type of woman sef.
1. When did she realize Prince Charming didn't exist?
2. Her friends must be enjoying their marriage badly or is the Mrs worth all that?
3. So many things. That even an unmarried wrinkled woman would run away from.

1 Like

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
k1banty:

no be age she go chop

We know he's older but how much older is the question.
He gave her a range (which I find very odd)
I used the word desperate to mean that ,that is the greatest desire of her's right now.
She is accomplished career wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2008
LadyT:

I find it very very strange.

Is there some dark secret he is hiding?

Surely thats one of the first things you find out?

Is he worried she will dumb him because of age?

Only God knows!
I'm concerned for her
If a man can hide this sort of thing,what else is he hiding?
They decided not to have sex before marriage,at this rate,how are we even sure he has a  functional pe'nis ?

1 Like

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
Queenisha:

Only God knows!
I'm concerned for her
If a man can hide this sort of thing,what else is he hiding?
They decided not to have sex before marriage,at this rate,how are we even sure he has a functional privates?

Me think say na only ladies dey hide age, even men wan follow the trend?

What a woman can do a man can do better.

Beware of Masculinism: equal rights for men! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Morenike3(f): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2008
Is she that desperate? Getting engaged to a man who refused to tell her his real age?
I know that someone will prolly say age does not marra, bla bla, go on with it bla bla.
But you've got to realize that if he's keeping his age a secret, then he prolly got more bones hidden in his closet
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2008
Maybe he's shy. . .
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Pataki: 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2008
Is it a must for a man to disclose his age? undecided I know most ladies have the difficult of telling their ages when asked. . . .  What makes it wrong for a man to do likewise? undecided
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by idupaul: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
In her mid 30's
desperate to be married

her bio clock is running out and she is asking of age, she should be singing aleluya for her luck.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
I'll like a man to say something here.
Do they at all see these things the way we see it it really is ?

stillwater:

Maybe he's shy. . .

Igba!
shy wetin
Even he is Methuselah himself,this is his wife to be?
She's no spring chicken herself
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
LOL
The men spoke b4 my post went through
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2008
its very simple - the man sef no know cheesy

when dem born am for village, no birth certificate. . . . d only thing him mama tell am be say 'you were born after the new yam festival. . . . . two days before you were born your father nearly died because he choked while laughing and eating a bowl of ofe nsala' grin grin grin

But seriously, isn't age part of the 'basic information briefing' that you do before you even begin courtship? undecided

The man fit be ayamatanga wey don live through 4 centuries and wants to use her to regenerate his body, make your friend shine her eye well well o! grin
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2008
Pataki:

Is it a must for a man to disclose his age? undecided I know most ladies have the difficult of telling their ages when asked. . . .  What makes it wrong for a man to do likewise? undecided

If you can't come clean in telling your spouse something as trivial as age then something's wrong somewhere, both male and female.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
If i were to advise the woman i'd say not to marry that guy. What else in his closet is he hiding? Its one thing to be desperate to marry, its another thing to marry the right man.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Morenike3(f): 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
debosky:

when them born am for village, no birth certificate. . . . d only thing him mama tell am be say 'you were born after the new yam festival. . . . . two days before you were born your father nearly died because he choked while laughing and eating a bowl of ofe nsala' grin grin grin

But seriously, isn't age part of the 'basic information briefing' that you do before you even begin courtship? undecided

The man fit be ayamatanga wey don live through 4 centuries and wants to use her to regenerate his body, make your friend shine her eye well well o! grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
Queenisha:

Igba!
shy wetin
Even he is Methuselah himself,this is his wife to be?
She's no spring chicken herself

Lol, the shy comment was tongue in cheek grin
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
debosky:

when them born am for village, no birth certificate. . . . d only thing him mama tell am be say 'you were born after the new yam festival. . . . . two days before you were born your father nearly died because he choked while laughing and eating a bowl of ofe nsala' grin grin grin

You no well ROFL.
Actually my brother when she called me with the good news my basic questions were

what's his name?
where's he from ?
Where does he live?
what does he do for a living?

then on subsequent discussion

has he been married before?
any kids?
how old is he?
That was where the tory come change gear?
na im I come weak
I no say much again
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2008
debosky:

Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
debosky:

its very simple - the man sef no know  cheesy

when them born am for village, no birth certificate. . . .  d only thing him mama tell am be say 'you were born after the new yam festival. . . . . two days before you were born your father nearly died because he choked while laughing and eating a bowl of ofe nsala' grin grin grin

He should just say so instead of beating around the bush. grin
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by syren: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2008
She should find out from him. You can't be married to someone in this society and not know their age. When it comes to health, finances, legal issues the cat will come out of the bag at some point.  
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
stillwater:

He should just say so instead of beating around the bush. grin

this wan don pass beating around the bush o
ewo!
na for evil forest the man dey.
chei
I no wan wear ashoebi for marriage wey get k leg from beginning.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2008
syren:

She should find out from him. You can't be married to someone in this society and not know their age. When it comes to health, finances, legal issues the cat will come out of the bag at some point.

How many Naija men know their wife's real age? grin
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by debosky(m): 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
syren:

e be like say you no be naija - no be matter of 'sworn affidavit' or declaration of age? undecided

People dey comot 10, even 20 years from dem age to retain jobs in naija - I can never trust any age i see inside a naija passport or document.

Unless I sabi d pesin mama wey fit swear on the breast wey she take feed the pikin, the age can be false.

i tell you, something dey fishy about this man, make she no go marry male winch o!
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Queenisha: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
michelin89:

Mine knows my real age ,I have a  valid birth certificate not declaration of age.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by syren: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
michelin89:

I don't know that one o  grin

But in this day and age it's hardly a secret you can keep.
Re: Man Refusing To Tell Future Bride His Real Age by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
debosky:

e be like say you no be naija - no be matter of 'sworn affidavit' or declaration of age? undecided

People dey comot 10, even 20 years from them age to retain jobs in naija - I can never trust any age i see inside a naija passport or document.

Unless I sabi d pesin mama wey fit swear on the breast wey she take feed the pikin, the age can be false.

i tell you, something dey fishy about this man, make she no go marry male winch o!

Who knows. He might turn out to be a lost relative. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is That One Thing That Can Make You Stay Faithful In A Relationship? / Why Are Women Attracted To Men In Cars? / Wat do you like/luv most about ur patner.Cum in and let's chat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.