Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (34023 Views)

Poll: And how would you rate the short story below?

Excellent (4): 11% (31 votes)
Good (3): 32% (86 votes)
Fair (2): 32% (84 votes)
Poor (1): 23% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by 2fine4u(f): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2006
i wonder how i would want a guy to approach me undecided
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ginola(m): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
its not dat we ladis dont want it on d first day is just dat we pretend, i make love with my guy on d first day
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Garuba(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2006
davidylan:

Not a line that should grab the attention of a "prim and proper" lady. As for getting into his car on the first meet (not even first date?), she just cheapened herself. No serious girl will allow you drop her off in front of her house (so you can know the place!)

I agree with the cheapening. I wouldn't fancy a girl who just automatically accepts any proposal of mine on the first instance. I think a man should work to get a lady and just be yourself with no ficticious lines floating all over the place
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by desiree(f): 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2006
Garuba:

I agree with the cheapening. I wouldn't fancy a girl who just automatically accepts any proposal of mine on the first instance. I think a man should work to get a lady and just be yourself with no ficticious lines floating all over the place

can't believe what i'm reading here. If a girl does not let you drop her off and doesn't take your number how would you see her again and you will turn around and say she is fronting.

***rolls eyes(naija style)***
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by mide2(f): 11:34pm On Jul 10, 2006
Some gurls like the rehearsal approach, while some want it natural/instinctive. Some want it from friendship, and some want it from an argument or a slight quarrel(so to speak).
I think it all depends on the guy and the lady, and at the end of the day that is where the compatiblity begins.

I like mine to start from friendship.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 11:36pm On Jul 10, 2006
I like mine to start from friendship.
- Friendship is the only way to lay the foundation for a healthy, genuine relationship.

can't believe what i'm reading here. If a girl does not let you drop her off and doesn't take your number how would you see her again and you will turn around and say she is fronting.
When it comes to matters of love, even the most intelligent people tend to throw logic out of the window.

-
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ddizzle(f): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
i feel what ure saying seun bt, sme ppl aint cut out for the whole friendship thing , ok u guys will be friends then youll be talking and before you know it you dont have the same feelings you did have for her nw shes ur friend, im nt against being friends oh bt jst cut the jibby jab and lets go out!!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 1:48am On Jul 11, 2006
Seun, that statement is not ALL true.

Cos you see, as human beings, once the friendship level is stronger than strong, We WOULDN'T be able to push it further, cos then you wouldn't want your feelings to spoil the friendship between you guys.

See when the friendship level gets too high, being 'lovers' isn't a guaranteed success. It doesn't always work well. I didn't it won't work. Im just saying it doesn't always work well.

So you see, Being 'friends' is adviced, but don't be too into that whole friendship thing. Leave some space in between.

This is just wat i think.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by smartsoft(m): 3:55am On Jul 11, 2006
what if you got no car nko ?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 5:12am On Jul 11, 2006
See when the friendship level gets too high, being 'lovers' isn't a guaranteed success. It doesn't always work well. I didn't it won't work. I'm just saying it doesn't always work well.
There is nothing that works better than being friends first. It is the most sensible approach to dating.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Grizzly(m): 5:15am On Jul 11, 2006
Seun how do i use a logo as my signature?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 5:17am On Jul 11, 2006
Seun:

There is nothing that works better than being friends first. It is the most sensible approach to dating.

Agreed. But not being STRONG friends.

Being friends is good. But just dont go too deep into that friendship. leave some space is all im saying. undecided
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 5:22am On Jul 11, 2006
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. undecided
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by DaHitler(m): 5:26am On Jul 11, 2006
Girls would not want to date you if you become too close. You have to be casual with them. When you reach the stage where you are always hanging out, but are not dating, then you are too far in to actually become her boyfriend.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 5:43am On Jul 11, 2006
I agree, but what I'm saying is that this behaviour is a sign of stupidity most unwise.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by waleleader(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2006
seun, i think the scenario would only work if the girl is desperate or if she's an Aristo. its much much harder to get a girl these days. some points:-

No girl will enter your car just like that, except she thinks ure rich and she can drain you

Giving your card to a model-type girl is a waste of time, she's not ur business partner, she'll never call.
the easiest way to ask a girl out now is to make fun of her and act uninterested.

Check out what i'd say if i was Don

Don: Hi there, are you a Tyra Banks wannabe?
Bella: Excuse me?
Don: no offense, i just think ure trying too hard to get attention
Bella: who are you and how dare you talk to me like that
Don: Hi again, my name is Don and yours is?
Bella: i dont tell strangers my name
Don: I guessed that , and actually Don is not my real name
Bella: (confused; should i slap him, should i keep talking to him)
Don: Allow me to call you Thingy
Bella: Dont call me that, my name is Bella

And the beat goes on.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Skidoc(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2006
I agree with Hot-Angel. What I think she's saying is that friendship is a good foundation for a relationship but don’t be too close in friendship before making your intentions known. That's how a girl's psyche is. If a lady is already seeing you as a close friend, she might even be disappointed and feel you have betrayed the friendship if you ask her out.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by naomijt(f): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2006
so, what other ways are u talking about
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by lilbie(f): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2006
I also agree with Hot angel. Most girls go like " don't you think we are too close to date" whereas, the guy intends for them to be close before making the move. so, its better to stay as actual friends. 'cos too close sounds more like - you are like a brother to me. smiley
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by MerC2(f): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol! all these comments are funny man cheesy

For me, I HATE cheesy guys. Oh lord! undecided
Don't gimme dem lines outa movies
or books. Say summin very YOU. Natural.
Infact, I prefer guys who go str8 to the point
instead of beating about the bush.
Don't waste ma time or I'll leave u there.
HEH! I didn't mean coming up str8 away and telling
me u wunna f*** me! shocked
I meant more like "I'd like to be ur friend" typa thang.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by SOJ(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2006
Ermm, could we have the girls asking us guys out please!why leave all the job to us.I mean u meet a girl someplace and u both feel chemistry goin on,why doesnt she make the first move?why do guys have to thinnk of all the One-liners and great lines( Statistics have shown that most oneliners are drab and lacking in ingenuity on the part of guys,but they still get to be used and the recepients actully fall for them!Uurgh!)?

So girls,ask me:" Hello,I seem to have seen your face somewhere before.Have we met?"

Dont worry,I'll GLADLY answer with an enthusiatic YESSS!!!
SOJ
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by spikedcylinder: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2006
No,its not.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2006
@ lil bie and skidoc. Thank you very much. U understand me.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by yemmydavid(m): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2006
well it a funny one but why do guys like dis line "I THINK AV SEEN D FACE SUMWHERE"
its stale,its old skool.i think it works for some pple but i dont believe in it.
my female friends tell me dat they laugh at guys who use wat they term as SAME OLD LINE.
try sumtin new.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by iice(f): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2006
@walelead, that was hilarious man, ,
@Topic, i kindda lost interest when he started with that supermodel line, i was justrolling ma eyes
@Diddy, liked ur own scenario too, a good wallop was wat dat guy deserved lol
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by vokalguy(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2006
I did not even bother reading d rest of dat ish 'your face looks familiar' For crying out loud, who uses that kinda phrase nowadays, i mean thats a complete turn off 4 a girl.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by diddy4(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2006
@iice
yep. a nice good ass kicking.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by tenik: 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2006
hello y,all
Wat a bad post , GUSH, NO YAK , OH MINE , U Guys need a better way 2 approach a girl. dis is actually a disgusting way 2 scope or meet a girl which ever way u all wanna put it. I Speak for the beauties here and ladies dat know wat decensy is. Wont even say a word 2 such kinda guys, i front a lot and to fine for all dat embarrassment or childish game.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by justkunmi(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2006
hey guys,, i like wats goin on here, kinda cool. i av a few tips for u guys, free (see me later for full course enrolment).
the "i think i've seen u somewhere before" line is the oldest trick in the 'toasting' handbook. the world is changing so your yarns too must change, check this out for an opener to a girl u just met.

, U see a girl outside a shoppin mall and walk up to her and say, "sorry, i don't mean to sound rude but i think u should always cover your face whenever you're leaving your house.".

she looks at you with annoyance and feeling very embarrased and feel like throwng the world on you and then u smile and say , "cos, if u dont, u'll make all other girls get jealous and possibly kill themselves,
I'm Kunmi ,

she might still be a bit embarrased but u take it up from there and intriduce yourself and see wat happens,

NB, In case the first line ends with a slap across the face,,, DUNNO. jus hol body and ja.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Oracle(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2006
Yeah itz a way. Asking a girl out has many processes, different people go about it in different ways
Perhaps the next guy may not have a car or he may not meet her standing somewhere so i believe you use the present situation of things around you, it may be raining and you can decide to share your umbrella with her.
GET IT?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by zebudaya(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2006
asking a chick you just met to come to your house first before you drop her off is very desperate. I'd rather give her the ride, and get her number then talk to her later and see if she wants to hang out. That's just my style. bringing her over to my house before i know what kind of person she is is very crazy. If you get lucky and hit it and then decide to run she may decide to break your windscreen later or shoot up your house.

justkunmi i don't know about using pickup lines they really sound cheesy. I would rather talk about something as original as "those are nice pants(trousers) where did you buy them? I'm trying to buy some for my younger sister! she's 18 (all lies, ) The store might also have a male chain you talk about fashion from there whatever else you want goals, dreams, politics, sports whateva, tease her make her laugh. if she's laughing half of your job is done.

I just complimented her sense of style without using a cheesey one-liner. Like oracle said using your surroundings, but not complaining you can't say damn it's too hot or too cold or the food sucks.I guess its all about being warm and friendly . money and appearance helps a lot, unless you play an instrument or you are on a sports team.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ufemia(f): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2006
Ahhhhhh u tooo. First, i personally won't enter no guy's car on the first day of our meeting and lastly, u just met me and u want to take me ur house, nahhhhhhhhh. Seun, u need to rewrite the plot line lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Hate Seeing Their Friends Date Their Sisters? / Understanding The Secret Language Of Women / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.