Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What Is The Nigerian Dream? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigerian Dream? (8375 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / President Muhammadu Buhari Must Restore The Nigerian Dream Of Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by MP007(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2007
1. buy a car

2 buy a house

3 marry many wives, 

the nigerian dream is so so limited, tradition sucks
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by davino2000: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2008
i knw dere iz a Nigerian dream we r all thought d Nigerian dream bt not under dis caption most of us say it every day wit out knwin itz true meaninin try nd relax and go thru d "2nd stanza of the national anthem" i'm very sure we wud all find wat dis dream iz 4 our grt nation
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by shotster50(m): 3:00am On Nov 13, 2008
the Nigerian dream can be summised as Get Rich by any means necessary.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by meexteriox(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm! Tough one

Personally, i feel the Nigerian Dream does not exist. How can there be a dream in a country where corruption is allowed to flourish,
most budgetary expenditures are diverted into individual hand, leaving the citizenry in a state of deprivation, loss of a sense of belonging
and terminal poverty.

Not in our generation, i tell you.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by james1(m): 11:31am On Nov 14, 2008
@poster and the Nigerian dream.let me start with your user name,why Jaguda?abi you come from the old bendel?cos if i tell you wetin Jaguda mean for dat side you go wonder'o

And now to the Nigerian dream;[b]to oppress the people whe nor get money.[/b]hammer com buy siren whe dem design for ambulance grin,fire emergency vehicle grin and police car grin grin,come start to terrorise everybody make dem comot for road cos na dem dey hurry pas the rest of us.if dem must rush why dem nor comot for house early?

And we fellow citizens,we nor dey try at all:we just dey siddon for all this nonsense and more angry.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by whiteroses(f): 12:26am On Jul 18, 2009
to live in US or UK at least, but oju won man ja later nothing dey here tongue
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by ModestSam(m): 4:12am On Aug 30, 2009
The Nigerian dream, just like the American dream, is just a PR stunt like madam NAFDAC's branding project.

Gordon Brown is currently trying to start a UK branding project as well, he termed it Britishness, like they need it.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2009
whiteroses:

to live in US or UK at least, but oju won man ja later nothing dey here tongue

But you are still there, and it is likely you have your family there with you as well. Abegi!!!!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by nolongTing: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
MP007:

1. buy a car

2 buy a house

3 marry many wives, 

the nigerian dream is so so limited, tradition sucks

Very funny grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by strangleyo: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2009
not to starve
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Jaybee2412(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2009
To become a politician and start looting the treasury
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by ugoejieke: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2010
the nigerian dream is embeded in our national anthem and motto, and succintly inscribed in our constitution and the hearts of many true Nigerians, both heroes of old and youths of today. I think the question here is how well have we lived this dream out and how can it trancend today- what role have the Nigerian youth. smiley
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by dabrake(m): 4:47am On Feb 26, 2011
Haba! 9ja hs no drim. Kk let mi guess. , mmmmm , oh i knw! 2 enta position and loot magas. 2 b rich by hook or by crook. selfish drim
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by coldhearts(f): 5:27am On Feb 26, 2011
Break up into 3 parts peacefully with women and the youths valued as equal in politics and growth/development of the country. The break up part might just be my dream only, not necessarily your average nigerian dream  tongue.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by adedojadebo: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
To be what I have the potential of being without knowing anybody anywhere
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by itstpia1: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
1. have overseas visa

2. get big, flashy car/s

3. build house/s

4. be able to afford to eat quality calorie heavy nigeria food on demand (ie not waiting for celebratory occasions or public holidays before you sight those) with occasional foreign fare (ice cream, mr biggs, kfcs, etc)

5. be a politician

6. owambe things

7. have a shop or some kind of business

8. make it big

9. for men: polygamy

10. for women, rich men

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by tpiander: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by 989900: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
"Jaguda" is the nigerian dream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No More Mobile Police For Banks / Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! / According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.