Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

What Is The Nigerian Dream? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Nigerian Dream? (8376 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / President Muhammadu Buhari Must Restore The Nigerian Dream Of Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Nutter(m): 3:03am On Jul 19, 2006
my2cents:

Nutter:

I blv the word you are looking for is oxymoron LOL

cheesy Contradiction in terms = oxymoron. I'm aware. Did you just want to show us you know the word? wink You naughty boy.

ToyM28:

yes oh my brother, we have no nigerian dream!

You’ve got that right, babes. Anything that makes you break-out in a cold sweat is not a regular dream - it's a nightmare!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Gomer: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2006
can we have a little confidence in niaja, eh? angry
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Mystique(f): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2006
@ Sage :

Me thinks i know u wink wink
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by bluenubian(f): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2006
the nigerian dream is to long to explain so here is my answer:

the nigerian dream is to be able to wake up every morning to ewa agoinyi and agege bread, and be able to have guguru and ekpa every afternoon, topped with garri and kuliuli every night tongue
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by waleleader(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
there is nothin like a nigerian dream, but if there is, it would be to leave Nigeria like @oldglory said earlier.
Diversifying into politics, i will surely approve of Pat Utomi for the following reasons

he's brilliant
he's highly educated
he is a man of great dreams( LBS and his many banks prove that)
He is already rich and accomplished
He is new to politics and not polluted
and above all, he is the kind of person that will chang our negative foriegn image

Unfortunately, he wont win. Not with all the PDP criminals that exist

i pity Nigeria, my dear country. Imagine all of us thinking of leaving Nigeria.
the best place to live in the world
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by soulpatrol(f): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
@ bluenubian. guguru and ekpa. i sure miss them thangs! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by waleleader(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2006
bluenubian:

the nigerian dream is to long to explain so here is my answer:

the nigerian dream is to be able to wake up every morning to ewa agoinyi and agege bread, and be able to have guguru and ekpa every afternoon, topped with garri and kuliuli every night tongue

@Bluenubian, you are looking for trouble oh. see me here eating potatoes and gravy,  if you talk about all these wonderful food any further, i will run to Heathrow and jump on a flight to Lagos.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Gomer: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2006
walelead:

@Bluenubian, you are looking for trouble oh. see me here eating potatoes and gravy,  if you talk about all these wonderful food any further, i will run to Heathrow and jump on a flight to Lagos.

@walelead
you don't need to dear!
could mail them to you.
i'i could travel to lagos, go to ghana high and order for you and send it, expresso grin
is that okay?
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Shinor(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2006
While not wanting to bash pat Utomi, may i just add that lets go and check the man's record. He was involved with Volkswagen of Nigeria. What happened to that company? Platinum Bank is not among the first 5 banks in Nigeria. So what stands him out?
To the Nigerian dream, i think it will have to be individualistic. What is your dream within the Nigerian polity? Every man will have to dream up "their dream" regarding his/her own specific situation.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by bluenubian(f): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2006
@wale and soul

abi isnt that the nigerian dream, cause dang it thats all i dream about these days, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by my2cents(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2006
Walelead, let me make ur mouth water some more grin

Tis the rainy season, so you know what that means: Roasted fresh maize (I refuse to call it corn) with pear. Follow that up with some grade 1 mango. Then snack on some fresh boiled groundnuts and naturally ripened banana (not the carbon dioxide injected ones which u guys in the UK probably have as well).

is ur mouth dripping now? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by OldGlory1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2006
My2cents

You don come!! Damn that is some explicit description bro!!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by soulpatrol(f): 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
my2cents:

Walelead, let me make your mouth water some more grin

Tis the rainy season, so you know what that means: Roasted fresh maize (I refuse to call it corn) with pear. Follow that up with some grade 1 mango. Then snack on some fresh boiled groundnuts and naturally ripened banana (not the carbon dioxide injected ones which u guys in the UK probably have as well).

is your mouth dripping now? tongue tongue tongue tongue
yes, and after eating all that, lay back and watch your tummy explode right in front of your eyes! tongue
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by fabian(f): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2006
The Nigerian Dream is to make loads of money with little or no work,
To travel to London, Paris, Milan, Tokyo, New York anytime one wishes because of ones' hard-gotten [thru contract-marriage] *Kpali* - US or UK passport,
To have huge mansions *kabans* in VGC, V/I, Ikoyi, PH, Abuja, London, U.S, to name a few,
To be celebrated by the media all over the world for being a *BIG BOY* [a la City People Lagos/ US/UK big boy Okoro Okoro arrives Nigeria with a bang!],
To *represent*- own a Hummer, X5, BMW 7 series, etc,
To have clothes, accessories, leatherware, eye wear, etc by designer labels Gucci, Pucci, Versace, Fendi, Bvlgari, Armani, Dior, etc [most often bought with other pples' credit cards!]
To live in a home like one of those we see on MTV Cribs,
The list is endless,
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by OldGlory1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2006
Fabian

No wonder everyone wants to leave. The can live the lifestyle here very easily. Replace the word "Big Boy" with" Baller" Replace Lagos with Los Angeles or NYC. But note to Nigerian Big Dreamers, the Jail system works here in the US. The credit card stuff demands a minimum of 5yrs with hard labor.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by walel: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2006
@ Glory i beg there is no hard labour in prison for yankee na only say u have to join a gang and after u finish ur jail term na straight to Lagos !
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by my2cents(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2006
Old Glory and Walel:

Una dey forget one thing: The asshole of the person, upon 24 hours (or less) of landing in prison, will automatically change from a one-way street to a heavy occupancy 2-way access road, if you catch my drift shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by OldGlory1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2006
Lolol @ My2cents

Now that is some Hard Labor.

Walel

If disvirgining your Anus is not enough Labor, then go ahead and pursue Fabian's version of the "Nigerian Dream" and make sure you use other people's credit card. But many Jails put you to work.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by princeonx: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2006
What's the Nigeria Dream? wow, same thing you called it DREAM! let wait till Nigeria wake up before we know! for now! lets believe she's still dreaming!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Idekeson(m): 1:33am On Jul 20, 2006
The predominant Naija dream is to amass excess wealth by any means necessary to be able to buy security, happiness and then kick ass if need be.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by shawna(f): 1:33am On Jul 20, 2006
yep thats right! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Gomer: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2006
@jaguda
when you asked the what is the Nigerian Dream question, what were you driving out cos right now, this post doesnt make any sense anymore, i dont know sad,
where you looking for a solution or what
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by fabian(f): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2006
Old Glory:

Lolol @ My2cents
If disvirgining your Anus is not enough Labor,

OUCH!
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by nilla(f): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
I think the Nigerian dream would/should be to live comfortably, with good jobs, good roads, no NEPA failure, good universities. Infact everything that is supposed to be working should be working.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by kimba(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
My ideal for the Nigerian dream:

That Nigerians would choose good over evil, and that their choice of good over evil will be by default.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by Nutter(m): 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2006
I believe we are going off-point here. Some are referring to ‘hopes’ as opposed to the ‘dream’ which a nation ought to guarantee its citizens. To understand the delineation, let us turn to the ‘American Dream’ for guidance. Wikipedia defines the American Dream as:

“the faith held by many in the United States of America that through hard work, courage, and determination one can achieve a better life for oneself, usually through financial prosperity.”

Therefore, the DREAM is predicated on thrift and hard work leading to a better life. This is missing in Nigeria. Hence, as I said before, there is no such thing as the Nigerian Dream. QED.
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by ToyM28(f): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2006
Nutter i concour. We have no nigerian dream. We are all driven personally through greed to get rich or die trying. Like you said we only have hopes, but nigeria as a whole has no dream, but only greed
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by DRUSA(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2006
I am living my Nigerian Dream! I am married to my lovely Nigerian Baby Girl!!!

Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by asscend: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2006
Whats the election Manifesto of the different political parties? Until they enlighten us on such the people can't have a clear vison on where they are going. For too long Nigerians have been kept in darkness by the military so many lost the dreaming capacity. Its only begining to come back so I'll say to every Nigerian, dream big and don't stop dreaming. The right leaders will come soon and the old school will be demolished. Get rid of every one that has participated in politics between 1960 and 2002. This is d generation that has kept us isolated and all they have done is too loot the Nations vast wealth. The new breed is a thinking one and they all have dreams because its embedded in their hearts and minds. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by viena(f): 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2006
me i get dream for all nigerians, since the presid and other people in power have decided to kill the nigerian dream.

make all those wey dey chop money wey them no work for die, starting from the coconut head
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by nilla(f): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2006
@ viena: lol grin
Re: What Is The Nigerian Dream? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:41am On Aug 07, 2006
grin
Me i no fit dream sef because na so yomu yomu (mosquito) dey bite me for here!! angry

Nigerian dream is to live in Aso rock! Even then you gotta sleep with "one eye up" wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! / World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? / Picture Of GEJ And CJN Mukhtar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.