Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan (40503 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC / Photo: Very Dirty Nigerian Police Post In Ijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
matrixme: Well, it's very easy to sit right in Obama-led America and judge harshly, some country beffudled with controversies. Unfortunately, Nigeria is Africa's 'big Apple'. It's here Americans, Chinese and any other international enterpreneurs are rushing to, to sink their assets because of obvious reasons. Sometimes I'm a GEJ critic myself, but when I try to look at the bigger picture, I'll say in his Fedora, he's doing quite a great job, protecting the interests of the country from the hands of ravenous wolves. Even the very best of human leader many of us worship today, Jesus Christ, was at a point in time, killed 'cos of his leadership strategies. No country was ever built in a day, no matter the best effots of their capable leaders. Let them snicker on and keep wishing us good luck. We'd sure need it.Well, it's very easy to sit right in Obama-led America and judge harshly, some country beffudled with controversies. Unfortunately, Nigeria is Africa's 'big Apple'. It's here Americans, Chinese and any other international enterpreneurs are rushing to, to sink their assets because of obvious reasons. Sometimes I'm a GEJ critic myself, but when I try to look at the bigger picture, I'll say in his Fedora, he's doing quite a great job, protecting the interests of the country from the hands of ravenous wolves. Even the very best of human leader many of us worship today, Jesus Christ, was at a point in time, killed 'cos of his leadership strategies. No country was ever built in a day, no matter the best effots of their capable leaders. Let them snicker on and keep wishing us good luck. We'd sure need it.
How does this connect with security problems in Abuja and the rest of the country. Obama does not control NY Post, NYT and Washing Post. No wonder Naija IQ is 68.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
anonimi: Going through many comments here makes one wonder why WE Nigerians HATE OUR country and by extension OURSELVES so much shocked shocked
Is it not the same America of New York Times where this happened

America's President Barrack Hussein Obama had to release five hardened Taliban/Al Qaeda terrorists from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in order to secure the release of the one DESERTER soldier.
Can I hear someone say Goodluck America

Let us learn to APPRECIATE our country and our leaders' efforts in the face of daunting challenges.
If we do not then we open ourselves up to ABUSE and DISRESPECT as a collective by foreigners as in this NYT rebuke that does not in anyway positively contribute to resolving the issue it claims to address.

USA goes ocean length and depth to rescue just One of her own in a foreign enemy dominated territory while our president can't protect folks like you in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by matrixme(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
How does this connect with security problems in Abuja and the rest of the country. Obama does not control NY Post, NYT and Washing Post. No wonder Naija IQ is 68.
Perhaps you should read the post again, and point out the connection, Einstein. The facts are not isolated.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:

USA goes ocean length and depth to rescue just One of her own in a foreign enemy dominated territory while our president can't protect folks like you in Abuja.

Leave our president alone and stop foaming in the mouth. Go to Daura and beg the Buko hari leader himself to stop this carnage. Only Buhari can stop the bombing and if you people are afraid to call a spade a spade so be it.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by bstringz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
VICTORCIZA: SOMEBODY TELL THE AMERICANS TO SHUT THE Bleep UP AND SIT THEIR GAY CURSED BOTTOMS DOWN. HOW MANY YEARS DOES IT TAKE AMERICA TO GET OSAMA BIN LADEN??
I HATE HYPOCRITES!!!
AMERICA LEAVE US ALONE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS. HOW ARE WE EVEN SURE YOU GUYS ARE NOT SPONSORING BOKOHARAM?
THIS IS NIGERIA. GEJ IS A NIGERIA, HE IS LOVED BY MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS! THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

yea ryt."GEJ IS A NIGERIA".nyc one brah

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by dabrake(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
aresa:

This useless man goofs all the time, he disgraces and embarrass Nigerians everyday, but unfortunately for Nigerians, he's spending their money to clean up his mess while at the same time making a fool of himself all over again.

Money and image laundering can not by competence, money can not not buy brains and good judgment, money can not stop or erase your corrupt ways like covering corruption, protecting and appointing corrupt people to work for you.

The stupid editorial you wasted our money on wont stop you from goofing tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, it wont even bring back our girls.

Our military boys and girls are underpaid and ill equipped, but you refused to support and yield to their needs and instead you are spending tons of tax payers money to clean up what you really can not clean because you are naturally incompetent and corrupt.

You can not keep asking the world to see you in a different light while at the same time not doing what you are supposed to do.

It cost nothing for Nigerians and the world to see you in a good light, you don't even have to but their attention, your work and efforts is enough to buy all the good image on the surface of the earth.

In your Op-Ed, you said you are care and returning the girls to their parents is your immediate priority, but this is a lie not only because for weeks you refused to admit that the girls were missing, you refused to say a word or console Nigerians and instead went dancing in Kano, your own wife and the woman you sleep with not only didn't believe that the girls were missing, she used tax payers funded TV and media to ridicule and abuse them on National TV.

Why not let the world see your efforts?

Why not let the world see you showing bravery and leadership?

Why not rescue the girls first and let the world make up their own mind if you really are a caring man or not?

Why not let the world see you fight corruption with all the tools at your disposal?

Why not stop protecting and shielding the corrupt people you hang around with?

Why not stop making childish, idiotic, foolish and irresponsible statements like stealing is not corruption?

You can not buy goodwill with money, let your actions speak for you, let the world see you at work, let the world see you showing leadership, let the world see you bring back our girls, let the world see you fight corruption and put corrupt people in jail, let the world see you stop appointing and surrounding yourself with corrupt people.

All the above steps cost nothing so stop wasting taxpayers money on fools gold.
Jeez!!!!! You've TYSONIZED GEJ with this master piece micro-article of yours. If only one can 'like' a particular comment repeatedly . . .

8 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:

As long as your ilk in the military/police remain sympathetic to Boko haram cause, there's very little the president can do.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
You are naive to think that if they have crippled Abuja, that your state is untouchable. That was how MEND and co started.. Kidnapping Oyibo oil workers, then Naija oil worker, politicians then every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Don't worry about my state we can spot an aboki even if he's 1 mile away, thank you.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by immortalvoices(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2014
Marilyn_Nash: For how long are we going to create awareness? Throughout his tenure? Let him do something!

Uneasy lie is the head which wears the crown...let us pray for him with a contrite hrt!

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Lordlexyy: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
samoks:

Nigerians and blame game.......yes he's condemned internationally, but locally, which visible alternative(s) do we have? If the closest as rumours have it is Buhari/Tinubu, then I think we should just continue with GEJ. If APC is really serious about saving Nigeria, then they better come up with credible alternative other than those two names above.

Why would I vote a man who promises terror in the land if he loses and why would I vote a man who is milking Lagosians dry while imposing his family on everyone?

So let us stop throwing aspersions on the president, rather bring up credible alternatives who would do better than GEJ.

This is just my opinion, no insult intended.
@ samoks, i totally agree with you. Our best belt is looking for a credible candidate since we all felt we have been disappointed. Thanks for your unbiase mind.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
matrixme:
Perhaps you should read the post again, and point out the connection, Einstein. The facts are not isolated.
Keep comparing GEJ to Jesus.. Let me ask again what does Naija as a big " Apple " have to do with Leadership that doesn't know how to begin to deal with our security challenges?
How does an Op-Ed in NYT/WP/NP deal with Boko Haram?
How does $1.2m pay to a PR firm solve Boko Haram problem?

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Don't worry about my state we can spot an aboki even if he's 1 mile away, thank you.
Delusion of grandeur. If Abuja falls(God forbid) your state is captured by just spoken word (surrender) without any shots fired. If these guys had the guts to attack NPF HQs, your state can be overrun in hours. Keep dreaming!

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
9jagist: Please leave my Goodluck Jona Alone

Nobody is blaming the sponsors of terrorism and the monsters who have outgrown them.

Okay, where were the trumpeters who claimed US, UK, france, Israel and China were coming to find the ChiboK girls exactly the same way they found the lost Malaysian airliner MH 370 ?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices:

Uneasy lie is the head which wears the crown...let us pray for him with a contrite hrt!
Prayers don't rescue nations, actions do! Have u wondered why Nelson Mandela and a Rev Martin Luther King marched?

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Goldenboy007(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
With the outcome of the Ekiti's election, I concluded our problem is not just leadership but the people. Albert Einstein defined INSANITY as doing things same way and expecting different result. GEJ's acclaimed indolence remains unparalleled to the average Nigerian's moral bankruptcy! Nothing divine in our present predicament, our situation is what we are. Perhaps GEJ is a term synonymous with idiosyncratic tendencies relating to gross incompetency, moral decandence, mediocrity, lack of direction, greed, selfishness, indolence, then 90% of us are GEJ. It is not GEJ that queued up to exchange his mandate for branded rice, it is not GEJ that continuously mortgage his destiny for N15,000 monthly to say "GEJ till 2019", it is not GEJ that cannot be trusted with a simple online business, it is not GEJ that sends scam emails to unwary victims, it is not GEJ that makes you collect bribe before you do what you are paid to do! It is not GEJ that offers bribe to have undue advantage in legal document processing e.g Traveling Passport, driving license, etc. It is not GEJ that expends all his vocabulary on media platforms but has never owned a voter's card. It is who we are! GEJ is just a random selection from a population of GEJs, mathematically the probability of picking a white ball from a population of entirely red ball is practically zero! I rest my case here!

10 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
okpara ugo:

Nobody is blaming the sponsors of terrorism and the monsters who have outgrown them.

Okay, where were the trumpeters who claimed US, UK, france, Israel and China were coming to find the ChiboK girls exactly the same way they found the lost Malaysian airliner MH 370 ?
Well equipped and paid soldiers must be on ground to carry out rescue operation
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by ahaika23: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nigerians "know-it-all" yet one American Prostitute in america will write one trash as pleases her and they begin to fall all over it like drunk villagers. When una abuse GEJ finish, he will still remain president and most of you would be worse off. I no wan curse anybody again, I don repent. If u wan fight GEJ, flex!

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 1miccza: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices: Typical E-nigeria I don't knw why the hackers didn't hack and wipe out ur nairaland accts which u guys use to spew thrash about the president as if u guys can do better....

Everytime u guys put blame on each other... How I wish u guys will understand the America view on africa

"See Africom the africa nato" on google.

Meanwhile stop the counter blames and let's put our country in good light...

Bros this is the best comment I've read so far.. God bless you for such a sensible post....

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:
As long as your ilk in the military/police remain sympathetic to Boko haram cause, there's very little the president can do.
Folks like you are the reason why BH thrives and flourishes. It's do-nothing attitude like urs is what GEJ has towed; and we have seen the result. It's collective indifference and passivity that have kept BH stronger.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by nijanigga: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
DesChyko: Has APC infiltrated New York Post?
I'm quite disappointed with this newsbit.
If they weren't going to input anything constructive than this blame, they had better sheathed their pens.
In the face of these threats, the last thing we will welcome is external pen pressure.
Nigerians generate enough mass 'pressure' as it seems.
Bigot ,who started the pen pressure with $1.2Million?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
ahaika23: Nigerians "know-it-all" yet one American Prostitute in america will write one trash as pleases her and they begin to fall all over it like drunk villagers. When una abuse GEJ finish, he will still remain president and most of you would be worse off. I no wan curse anybody again, I don repent. If u wan fight GEJ, flex!
Foolishness runs in your DNA! Have u wondered your president- GEJ would send an article for publication to an American print media whose audience is mostly American? Why would your GEJ send an article to a media house that's run by prostitute?

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by ahaika23: 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
Guy, if you insult me again I go teach you lesson. Face the topic make you get peace. I know say you go be one foolish yoruba idiot. No make me face you. I say I no wan abuse anybody, u start to cuss me. Make I no find you ooo. I fyou no know me, ask about d only millitant on NL. Take time o, I warn you.
adconline:
Foolishness runs in your DNA! Have u wondered your president- GEJ would send an article for publication to an American print media whose audience is mostly American? Why would your GEJ send an article to a media house that's run by prostitute?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
Folks like you are the reason why BH thrives and flourishes. It's do-nothing attitude like urs is what GEJ has towed; and we have seen the result. It's collective indifference and passivity that have kept BH stronger.

Let them thrive and flourish as long as they thrive and flourish up north its fine by us. You should blame your people for allowing Boko haram to flourish.
You expect the president to single-handedly curb boko haram activities without bemoaning why our military support those they are paid to fight. If you guys think you can use boko haram to make Nigeria ungovernable you got another thing coming. GEJ will be here next year and the year after till at least 2019, live with it son.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
Delusion of grandeur. If Abuja falls(God forbid) your state is captured by just spoken word (surrender) without any shots fired. If these guys had the guts to attack NPF HQs, your state can be overrun in hours. Keep dreaming!

In a war setting who's afraid of Boko haram?
They would probably take your state in a matter of hours that's how brave your people are, speak for your people.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
ahaika23: Guy, if you insult me again I go teach you lesson. Face the topic make you get peace. I know say you go be one foolish yoruba idiot. No make me face you. I say I no wan abuse anybody, u start to cuss me. Make I no find you ooo. I fyou no know me, ask about d only millitant on NL. Take time o, I warn you.
This is a faceless forum, you can only rant and rant, nobody knows anybody here.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
authority2006: This is a faceless forum, you can only rant and rant, nobody knows anybody here.

You dey mind am? Forming gangster on the internet.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Let them thrive and flourish as long as they thrive and flourish up north its fine by us. You should blame your people for allowing Boko haram to flourish.
You expect the president to single-handedly curb boko haram activities without bemoaning why our military support those they are paid to fight. If you guys think you can use boko haram to make Nigeria ungovernable you got another thing coming. GEJ will be here next year and the year after till at least 2019, live with it son.
Single handedly? Think again. He has Nigerian Army, Nigeria Airforce, police. He has our collective resources at his disposal.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

In a war setting who's afraid of Boko haram?
They would probably take your state in a matter of hours that's how brave your people are, speak for your people.
Ask GEJ why BH keeps overrunning our military check points and units in those areas?

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

You keep spewing rubbish. President is the C in C of the armed forces. Defense chiefs serve at his discretion. It's time for GEJ and folks like u to accept responsibility!

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by atlwireles: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:

How many Americans are killing themselves daily with hand guns? Why can't they be protected?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Wake up from ur delusion! They are making Abuja inhabitable and ungovernable already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

James Nwafor Summoned By Anambra #EndSARS Judicial Panel / Nigerian Fighter Jets Bombard ISWAP Terrorists Converging For Meeting In 11 Boat / GRV Visits, Supports Those Injured By Election Violence In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.