Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan (40517 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC / Photo: Very Dirty Nigerian Police Post In Ijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2014
sarutobie:
you think most of them know the responsibilities of their local government or state government?

This is hilarious. So what is the federal government responsible for? Security? Oh, wait...

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by anonimi: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2014
Going through many comments here makes one wonder why WE Nigerians HATE OUR country and by extension OURSELVES so much shocked shocked
Is it not the same America of New York Times where this happened

US soldier held captive by Taliban in Afghanistan for nearly five years freed

Details from: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/31/wh-us-solider-held-in-afghanistan-bergdahl-is-released-after-five-years/

America's President Barrack Hussein Obama had to release five hardened Taliban/Al Qaeda terrorists from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in order to secure the release of the one DESERTER soldier.
Can I hear someone say Goodluck America

Let us learn to APPRECIATE our country and our leaders' efforts in the face of daunting challenges.
If we do not then we open ourselves up to ABUSE and DISRESPECT as a collective by foreigners as in this NYT rebuke that does not in anyway positively contribute to resolving the issue it claims to address.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by anonimi: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

This is hilarious. So what is the federal government responsible for? Security? Oh, wait...

Yes as in Armed Forces, which gulped N 1 trillion (20%) of the N 5 trillion 2014 budget.
That is different from the Police force.
There is also the Immigration, Prisons, Foreign Affairs/Embassies, Universities etc.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by darqly(m): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
Clearly some people are either too brainwashed, too unintelligent or just live in plain denial.
GEJ will be remembered as a man who failed and tragically Nigerians will be the willing victims.
We deserve better than this.

6 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2014
anonimi: Going through many comments here makes one wonder why WE Nigerians HATE OUR country and by extension OURSELVES so much shocked shocked
Is it not the same America of New York Times where this happened

America's President Barrack Hussein Obama had to release five hardened Taliban/Al Qaeda terrorists from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in order to secure the release of the one DESERTER soldier.
Can I hear someone say Goodluck America

Let us learn to APPRECIATE our country and our leaders' efforts in the face of daunting challenges.
If we do not then we open ourselves up to ABUSE and DISRESPECT as a collective by foreigners as in this NYT rebuke that does not in anyway positively contribute to resolving the issue it claims to address.

All you proved is the lengths America would go to to rescue their own.

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by BetaThings: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
naturalmi: Everyone seem to be critizing GEJ and fine I need to ask some questions. Have any Nigeria President done better than GEJ since democracy? If you are saying GEJ should be voted out, is it not the same selfish politicians that will get in there? GEJ may nt be the best bt better than many others. Until you show me a better person(I hope Buhari or Tinubu is not what u mean ) then GEJ have my vote. Don't forget they promised to make the country ungovernable for him and that's why bombings are so rampant so don't blame him if YOU can't do better!
Tell us what Jonathan has done, not just announced, but done!
Selfish politicians? Really
A man who has approved "common stealing" as an acceptable occupation?
There are so many Nigerians who are better than Jonathan
But as soon as anyone shows interest in politics, in the present climate, they must find away to implicate him or frustrate his business
They can call him Boko Haram sponsor!

The government, especially a narrow-mided and divisive one, like Jonathan's can find a way to frustrate anyone in Nigeria
Newspapers have been lawfully impounded, vendors harrased, governors confined, etc

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by simdam500(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
Another clueless step
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
BetaThings:
Tell us what Jonathan has done, not just announced, but done!
Selfish politicians? Really
A man who has approved "common stealing" as an acceptable occupation?
There are so many Nigerians who are better than Jonathan
[size=18pt]But as soon as anyone shows interest in politics, in the present climate, they must find away to implicate him or frustrate his business[/size]
They can call him Boko Haram sponsor!

The government, especially a narrow-mided and divisive one, like Jonathan's can find a way to frustrate anyone in Nigeria
Newspapers have been lawfully impounded, vendors harrased, governors confined, etc

This is the biggest problem Nigeria faces. All intelligent people steer clear of politics because of how dangerous it is. In Nigeria politics is for the thugs who couldn't make it in school. That's the only explanation for the stupidity that is allowed, not only to exist, but THRIVE in Nigerian government.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by MarilynNash(f): 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices: Typical E-nigeria I don't knw why the hackers didn't hack and wipe out ur nairaland accts which u guys use to spew thrash about the president as if u guys can do better....

Everytime u guys put blame on each other... How I wish u guys will understand the America view on africa

"See Africom the africa nato" on google.

Meanwhile stop the counter blames and let's put our country in good light...
He is supposed to know what to do, he is suppose to do better! Did we elect him there for fancy? Is he not suppose to lead us and solve our problems? Was that not what he promised to do? And YOU know it's in a bad light and you want us to fold our hands and pretend everything is alright when over 200 girls are suffering abuse? God will judge you. Open your eyes to the truth and stop being led by blinded sentiment.
Southerners support Jonathan because BH attack the North so they don't care, truth is, there is little or no spirit of Nationalism in us, as long as it doesn't affect us we don't care about others. God help Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by olajide8(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
VICTORCIZA: SOMEBODY TELL THE AMERICANS TO SHUT THE Bleep UP AND SIT THEIR GAY CURSED BOTTOMS DOWN. HOW MANY YEARS DOES IT TAKE AMERICA TO GET OSAMA BIN LADEN??
I HATE HYPOCRITES!!!
AMERICA LEAVE US ALONE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS. HOW ARE WE EVEN SURE YOU GUYS ARE NOT SPONSORING BOKOHARAM?
THIS IS NIGERIA. GEJ IS A NIGERIA, HE IS LOVED BY MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS! THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Richiez(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Foreigners should quit talking rudely to our president if they have nothing meaningful to say

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by anonimi: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

All you proved is the lengths America would go to to rescue their own.

After how many years
Have you heard the word- PATIENCE? Do uou understand its MEANING?
Was Jonathan's Op-Ed not about the "quiet efforts" being made by his administration to ensure the girls are released
Is that any different from what Obama's America did gor five years in the missing soldier's case shocked
Again why do we have so much INFERIORITY complex & HATRED for ourselves?

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by mikolo80: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2014
sunny_b0b0:

Unfortunately for you and your likes, the international community won't vote in 2015.
nope they "voting" right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 1025: 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
DesChyko: Has APC infiltrated New York Post?
I'm quite disappointed with this newsbit.
If they weren't going to input anything constructive than this blame, they had better sheathed their pens.
In the face of these threats, the last thing we[i][/i] will welcome is external pen pressure.
Nigerians generate enough mass 'pressure' as it seems.

abeg who are the WE u used in ur write up? can't u speak for urself? pls learn how to speak for urself.

it is madness that somebody is exposing himself to the outside world and u are busy accusing apc. did apc ask him to start running to all the world presidents for help over chibok gals? did apc ask him to pay $1.2 million to the magazine company? most pdp members and sympathizers hardly talk like normal ppl.

6 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by mikolo80: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
GentleMimi: I expect some fools to dance in here and applaud the foreign article....
Jonathan should learn to ignore those people. They think they have every right to delve into the affairs of other countries. We have enough on our hands,we dn't need their problems added to it. If they cannot make their contributions or constructive criticism,they shld kindly face the problems embattling their own country.
Everybody wants to use the Nigerian crisis to shine...lol. But some of us are too foolish to realize we are merely pawns.
Nigeria will never fail.
so in your opinion nigeria has not failed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by disloman(m): 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2014
SirAweezy:

Mehnnn... I'm trying so hard to forgive myself for voting him.. Back then I knew I was taking the wrong step for GEJ. And right now is even so hard to point @one credible candidate to lead us. APC to me is not a forward moving party. they are Antagonist, un-orderly, full with Godfather-ism.. I mean how can we progress with such people as a nation it's like digging PDP's hells pit again.

Are they not atleast supposed to be putting some social responsibility has a party for people to benefit. All they do is Antagonize and antagonize while they adopt all the Judas in PDP that will still end up betraying them. An adage says: "The cain we use for the Old wife is still within reach to use on the New wife"

Honestly Nigeria is in trouble.. We need divine help and miracle.. We have no leader anywhere!
My bro.its not abt APC.Let just vote 4 pple who we knw r capable.It might b anorda party.We can't say we knw GEJ n we stick to him.let try other avenues.To mi GEJ is no no to mi.What I knw is that we pple can make d change we want.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by shizzle11(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
What is the tabloid saying again?

YAWNNNSSSSS
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by juman(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
nigerian military has the reputation of impotency in tackling military face off at home.

That was how the civil war with biafra that fought with "cutlasses and hoes" took close to three years.

The president is not doing enough to protect nigerians from those rampagers.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
anonimi:

After how many years
Have you heard the word- PATIENCE? Do uou understand its MEANING?
Was Jonathan's Op-Ed not about the "quiet efforts" being made by his administration to ensure the girls are released
Is that any different from what Obama's America did gor five years in the missing soldier's case shocked
Again why do we have so much INFERIORITY complex & HATRED for ourselves?

One soldier across the world. 200 girls in their own country. Yes, it's totally comparable.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by immortalvoices(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
Marilyn_Nash: He is supposed to know what to do, he is suppose to do better! Did we elect him there for fancy? Is he not suppose to lead us and solve our problems? Was that not what he promised to do? And YOU know it's in a bad light and you want us to fold our hands and pretend everything is alright when over 200 girls are suffering abuse? God will judge you. Open your eyes to the truth and stop being led by blinded sentiment.
Southerners support Jonathan because BH attack the North so they don't care, truth is, there is little or no spirit of Nationalism in us, as long as it doesn't affect us we don't care about others. God help Nigeria.

The above quote will be better rada dan ridiculing and abusing him...at least no body said it was easy
Let's all join hand and continue to create awareness rada dan abuse!
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by jaz(m): 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
lets face the hard facts the tell ourselves the hard truth:
- GEJ has failed woefully as a president and has no business being a leader of the nigerian people
- GEJ has enocuraged and propagated corruption and looting of public funds to a extent only experienced under Abacha
- GEJ has proved that the zoning of political office is a farce and not the best for us as a country. let the best man win.
- GEJ should be tried for corruption post-office
- GEJ has limited respect for constitution when it comes to corruption. just look at the several scandals of executives vs legislature
- GEJ can not and will not restore peace or security to Northern Nigeria neither will he have our kidnapped women and children returned
- GEJ will not bring an end to corruption or Boko Haram in Nigeria
- Corrupt political office holders must be tried and imprisoned for change to take effect. The psyche in Nigeria regarding corruption is the blackest i know of. people like Abacha, Banbagida, Atiku, Daniel (former Ogun state Gov), Tinubu, Obasanjo, et all must be made to account for their ill gotten wealth and made a lesson to future aspirant.
- Nigeria is being milked all in the name of politics. Political office should be remunerated at civil servant wages with strict monitoring and audit of public finances
More to be said, in the meantime i rest my case...

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
beremole: No one is telling us how exactly they want the girls to be rescued alive, all they do is criticise.
What about their US soldiers who are here to ''give us advice''?
What useful advice have they given?
That's why we elected a president to come up with solutions and ideas! Fool. It's not my job to profer solutions. The president can go ask Algerian president how he dealt with terrorism under 24hrs in 2013. Folks like u keep making excuses for incompetent leadership.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
That's why we elected a president to come up with solutions and ideas! Fool. It's not my job to profer solutions. The president can go ask Algerian president how he dealt with terrorism under 24hrs in 2013. Folks like u keep making excuses for incompetent leadership.

Can you imagine? They say "respect him, he's above you" then turn around and equate us by asking if we can do better. Which is it?

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by MarilynNash(f): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices:

The above quote will be better rada dan ridiculing and abusing him...at least no body said it was easy
Let's all join hand and continue to create awareness rada dan abuse!
For how long are we going to create awareness? Throughout his tenure? Let him do something!

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
Shameless people, all you do is come here and pour scorn on the president whilst leaving the Buko hari leader to go about his business of bombing hie fellow country men to smithereens.

Our anger should be to the person who's trying to clean up the mess created by Buhari and his boko boys abi?

Time to go our separate ways so we can watch in 3d you guys bomb ya selves to smithereens.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

Can you imagine? They say "respect him, he's above you" then turn around and equate us by asking if we can do better. Which is it?
In 2013, terrorists in Algeria took hostage of about 800 oil workers, the govt launched rescue operation under 24hrs; rescued nearly all the kidnapped worker and then captured and killed all the terrorists WITHOUT international support. Now,we are asking peasants in the village and bushes to chime in with their ideas.. Guess what? The president is allergic to ideas and views that are contrary to the ones espoused by his pot bellied advisers and sycophants.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
In 2013, terrorists in Algeria took hostage of about 800 oil workers, the govt launched rescue operation under 24hrs; rescued nearly all the kidnapped worked and then captured and killed all the terrorists WITHOUT international support. Now,we are asking peasants in the village and bushes to chime in with their ideas.. Guess what? The president is allergic to ideas and views that are contrary to the ones espoused by pot bellied advisers and sycophants.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Mogidi: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2014
Marilyn_Nash: For how long are we going to create awareness? Throughout his tenure? Let him do something!

Do something like what? Kneel down and beg Buhari to stop bombing us?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by aresa: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
VICTORCIZA: SOMEBODY TELL THE AMERICANS TO SHUT THE Bleep UP AND SIT THEIR GAY CURSED BOTTOMS DOWN. HOW MANY YEARS DOES IT TAKE AMERICA TO GET OSAMA BIN LADEN??
I HATE HYPOCRITES!!!
AMERICA LEAVE US ALONE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS. HOW ARE WE EVEN SURE YOU GUYS ARE NOT SPONSORING BOKOHARAM?
THIS IS NIGERIA. GEJ IS A NIGERIA, HE IS LOVED BY MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS! THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

Somebody tell the Americans to STFU?

Why?

Is your president and the man you go to bed with every second of the day not their Number 1 customer in Nigeria?

Who did he ran to for help after admitting to the world his incompetence and lack of any capacity to protect Nigerians and find our missing girls?

Who did he ran to with your money to launder his image and cover up his incompetent and corrupt ways?

Your president is obviously in love with the Americas and if you really love your useless president, you should love the Americans too unless you are not on the same page with the president you are on Love with.

You sound even more clueless than your clueless president.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by matrixme(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Well, it's very easy to sit right in Obama-led America and judge harshly, some country beffudled with controversies. Unfortunately, Nigeria is Africa's 'big Apple'. It's here Americans, Chinese and any other international enterpreneurs are rushing to, to sink their assets because of obvious reasons. Sometimes I'm a GEJ critic myself, but when I try to look at the bigger picture, I'll say in his Fedora, he's doing quite a great job, protecting the interests of the country from the hands of ravenous wolves. Even the very best of human leader many of us worship today, Jesus Christ, was at a point in time, killed 'cos of his leadership strategies. No country was ever built in a day, no matter the best effots of their capable leaders. Let them snicker on and keep wishing us good luck. We'd sure need it.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by adconline(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2014
Mogidi:

Do something like what? Kneel down and beg Buhari to stop bombing us, that will never happen.
You are naive to think that if they have crippled Abuja, that your state is untouchable. That was how MEND and co started.. Kidnapping Oyibo oil workers, then Naija oil worker, politicians then every Tom, Dick and Harry.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
adconline:
In 2013, terrorists in Algeria took hostage of about 800 oil workers, the govt launched rescue operation under 24hrs; rescued nearly all the kidnapped worker and then captured and killed all the terrorists WITHOUT international support. Now,we are asking peasants in the village and bushes to chime in with their ideas.. Guess what? The president is allergic to ideas and views that are contrary to the ones espoused by his pot bellied advisers and sycophants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity / El-Rufai Demolishes Inuwa Abdulkadir's House, A Top APC Chieftain In Kaduna (Pic / Police Fired Teargas On #RevolutionNow Protesters, Make Arrests (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.