Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan (40515 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC / Photo: Very Dirty Nigerian Police Post In Ijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 8:43am On Jun 29, 2014
disloman: If I had have voted 4 this man,I would have kill myself.Don't knw how pple that voted 4 this man feeling right now.What a useless man.
is this english or chinese?
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by GentleMimi: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2014
disloman: Na wa ooo mr intelligent.So whenever a post is against d president is an insult?We all av roles to play but can't see a man who can not differentiate his right from his left n xpect mi to keep silence.Sit ur fat arse brain n think deeply.Is Gej capable with all his action?We don't want him to solve all our problem in 4 yrs but wanna c changes which I disloman haven't oooo.Chech his utterances,his actions n thinking.Y wasn't abacha,Obj,babagida,Gowon etc not called clueless?They don't exhibit such character.Y is GEj own so different?
LMAO! I'm a ''Miss''. I've checked all of the above,and i still stand by my belief. Why dn't you sit you skeletal arse brain,be slow to speak but quick to listen and critical in thinking when faced with articles from foreign media...lol!

IYA NGBALI: is this english or chinese?

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2014
This is the same reason why he kept mute all along because whatever he says will be used against him by local and international media.
He didn't talk, they say it is sign of weakness.
He talked, they say its image laundry.
However, the both talk and talklessness hasn't brought back the missing girls. Neither has the media attacks and Counter attacks, foreign intervention, neighboring countries cooperation and the numerous protest. I thought when mc-Cain said America shouldn't have waited to Nigerias president before they intervened, their intervention was going to perform a magic that it could not perform in Iraq and Afghanistan. But events have since shown that America and its media only bask in the euphoria of sheer arrogance. This is the most difficult time to be president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2014
caseless: but posterity will judge him. Do u think that it is all about election/votin? He can buy vote/election, but he can't buy good name. Evil that men do live with them.

Can you list the evils he has done?

Do abs let's take it from there
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by disloman(m): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2014
samdior: If Niger Delta were to be the Sambissa Forest, America would hav invaded it to saved the CHIBOK girls because' of thier interest in the black gold( OIL). They claim to care about NIGERIA, but actually they don't. Ask them to make UYO their military base and see if Boko Haram will nt b history. VAIN INTEREST. GEJ is clueless cos he does nt want to sell NIGERIA to HYPOCRITES.
Lolzzzzz.If it were a northern is d president n kidnapping took place in d niger delta.D president behaves d same way GEJ does,What would av happened?Tell mi.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Pataki: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2014
Had this tabloid created a headline like: "GEJ till 2019" like every jonadunce fans does; we would have such appalling ediotic responses like:

1. Even America will know.

2. Even America supports GEJ.

3. Even Obama congratulated GEJ.....

Alas, the truth keeps on staring at us all in the face. Jonathan is utterly out of his depth. An international disgrace to the biggest black nation on the universe.

Paying to have image repaired internationally? This foool of a president surely has no boundary or limitation to his foolishness.

13 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 99100(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2014
I've realised that from the moment this govt of GEJ placed a ban on the same sex nonsense the US and co have been trying hard to bring his govt down by using false blackmailing of his govt.

#Common sense isn't common.

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 500GPA: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2014
IYA NGBALI: kai diaris godu o

NA ONLY YOU WAKA COME.

# NIGERIANS IS BEING RULE BY A FOOLISH MAN WHO THINKS UPSIDE DOWN
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Reference(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2014
disloman: If I had have voted 4 this man,I would have kill myself.Don't knw how pple that voted 4 this man feeling right now.What a useless man.

I didn't vote. I don't vote and I won't vote but I still contend that GEJ remains the best thing that has happened to this country. I don't see what problems we are complaining about that are not territorial, environmental, social. Things that you simply cannot govern or legislate against. How do you stop terror or insurgency, how do you stop sectionalism and tribalism, how do you stop corruption. These are issues the people have to tackle with government but unfortunately in Nigeria people find it easier to have people do things for them than do things for themselves. This I'm afraid is an illusion.

I will give just one example. The only reason the terror and insurgency will stop under any future government is if Shekau and his boys join mainstream politics and get into power or the government builds a pipeline into the insurgency and transforms it. Both ways the whole thing will look suspicious. There is something very wrong with Nigeria and I repeat again, it is not with one man. It just cannot be. Donot raise your expectations too high that a change of president will fundamentally change Nigeria. It may not.

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by kawkab: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2014
pls someone should tell the Yankees to clear the mess they have made of Iraq.

With time we would resolve our issues. Rather than throw verbal jibes at us, they should offer constructive criticism.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Onegai(f): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2014
All of you insulting the USA in order to defend GEJ, if you ever
-apply to get visa to go to a school abroad
-apply to get visa to get healthcare/treatment abroad
-apply to get visa just so you can have a chance of making something of yourseves rather than beg for any sort of job
-apply to get visa so you can even freaking go shopping in a relatively safe environment

MAY YOU BE PUNISHED BY EVERY SPIRITUAL BEING IN EXISTENCE.

You are defending a man who cannot provide you healthcare, education, an environment for reasonable employment or even safety. You are shouting at them for telling you your house is dirty, because they should not have a right to complain, bah? Instead of him to use $1.2mil to service some part of the ASUP agreement and send our kids back to school, he went to buy space in an international newspaper, to clean his image up. Because that was MORE IMPORTANT. And you are here, defending him while you "pray against bombs, diseases and fast for a job after NYSC". Loool!

19 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by wunmite90: 9:17am On Jun 29, 2014
99/100:
I've realised that from the moment this govt of GEJ placed a ban on the same sex nonsense the US and co have been trying hard to bring his govt down by using false blackmailing of his govt.

#Common sense isn't common.

Dont bring americas same sex stance into this...NA JONATHAN CARRY HIN OWN LEG GO THEIR COUNTRY AND GOT THAT ATTICLE PUBLISHED.. we all saw the publication.

HE SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL HE GOT THOSE GIRLS RESCUED OR EVEN HAVE THINGS IN HIS FAVOUR B4 HE STARTS ATTEMPTING TO CLEAR HIS NAME

Any way na hin know, i expect him to clear his name with his own people and not with the international community.

9 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Jfrezzy(m): 9:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Good luck is a failed president
The world has seen it too

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2014
GEJ 2015 - 2019

Unstoppable train

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Make dem face front joor...Nosy Ediots!! As if the US is now a safe haven with all the serial killers and incessant shootings going on in schools/malls. Coperate Amebos!!
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by SirAweezy(m): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014

Mehnnn... I'm trying so hard to forgive myself for voting him.. Back then I knew I was taking the wrong step for GEJ. And right now is even so hard to point @one credible candidate to lead us. APC to me is not a forward moving party. they are Antagonist, un-orderly, full with Godfather-ism.. I mean how can we progress with such people as a nation it's like digging PDP's hells pit again.

Are they not atleast supposed to be putting some social responsibility has a party for people to benefit. All they do is Antagonize and antagonize while they adopt all the Judas in PDP that will still end up betraying them. An adage says: "The cain we use for the Old wife is still within reach to use on the New wife"

Honestly Nigeria is in trouble.. We need divine help and miracle.. We have no leader anywhere!

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by fractals: 9:25am On Jun 29, 2014

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Jfrezzy(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2014
Onegai: All of you insulting the USA in order to defend GEJ, if you ever
-apply to get visa just so you can have a chance of making something of yourseves rather than beg for any sort of job
-apply to get visa so you can even freaking go shopping in a relatively safe environment

You are defending a man who cannot provide you healthcare, education, an environment for reasonable employment or even safety. You are shouting at them for telling you your house is dirty, because they should not have a right to complain, bah? Instead of him to use $1.2mil to service some part of the ASUP agreement and send our kids back to school, he went to buy space in an international newspaper, to clean his image up. Because that was MORE IMPORTANT. And you are here, defending him while you "pray against bombs, diseases and fast for a job after NYSC". Loool!
U are very right bro,to be honest we got bleeped up youth in nigeria,who don't know there rights,I stayed in England ,I know what to live in a country of good governance,we never like the truth ,and that the problem with nigerians ..let learn to say the truth!we need more jobs ,more every good thing we want from a govt we voted 4.

6 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014

They should have started announcing that our house is dirty since OBJ..did they just crawl out from under a rock? Cheap propaganda!! Talking about schools, the lecturers in Nigeria should be really ashamed of themselves..they do nothing except steal research and chase students, yet they keep comparing themselves to their foreign counter parts. Leave the President alone, the entire system is wack, hes trying his best.

1 Like

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2014
5.00GPA:
SUMMARY : FOOLISH PRESIDENT EVER RULETH
Foolish Nigerian Ever Liveth.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2014
Reference:

I didn't vote. I don't vote and I won't vote but I still contend that GEJ remains the best thing that has happened to this country. I don't see what problems we are complaining about that are not territorial, environmental, social. Things that you simply cannot govern or legislate against. How do you stop terror or insurgency, how do you stop sectionalism and tribalism, how do you stop corruption. These are issues the people have to tackle with government but unfortunately in Nigeria people find it easier to have people do things for them than do things for themselves. This I'm afraid is an illusion.

I will give just one example. The only reason the terror and insurgency will stop under any future government is if Shekau and his boys join mainstream politics and get into power or the government builds a pipeline into the insurgency and transforms it. Both ways the whole thing will look suspicious. There is something very wrong with Nigeria and I repeat again, it is not with one man. It just cannot be. Donot raise your expectations too high that a change of president will fundamentally change Nigeria. It may not.

Dem go tire...no be 2015. We shall get there soon. Rumours flying around that he's being targeted. They better wait till after the elections.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by 500GPA: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2014
Nobleval: Foolish Nigerian Ever Liveth.

OF COURSE YOU ARE A NIGERIAN ALSO. WE ARE BEING GOVERNED BY A FOOL .I.E GOODLUCK

2 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by authority2006(m): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2014
immortalvoices: Typical E-nigeria I don't knw why the hackers didn't hack and wipe out ur nairaland accts which u guys use to spew thrash about the president as if u guys can do better....

Everytime u guys put blame on each other... How I wish u guys will understand the America view on africa

"See Africom the africa nato" on google.

Meanwhile stop the counter blames and let's put our country in good light...
Who told you that they can't do better? The fact that your ability and that of Jonathan seem to be on the same level doesn't mean that they can't perform better than Jonathan. Jonathan mistakes are obvious for everybody to learn from, but it is just that blind support has successfully prevented your eyes from seeing them. May be you should go back to read @aresa post to see that it is very simple to govern well. Take for instance, as a president of the nation, I can never say "I don't give a damn" on national tv. Do you get it?

7 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 9:53am On Jun 29, 2014
prophet_one: These are the kind of news pieces that should be reproduced in lay mans language and in local languages, then distributed to the masses free so that they can see how weak, clueless and desperate their leader is, how he is wasting their money on shallow pursuits and how he's become a laughing stock in the international community. This will help them vote based on issues and protect them from politics of rice or moin-moin when it's time for the elections.

And after translating this piece to every dialect in Nigeria, who's the better option? Buhari and Tinubu? Some Northerners are clowns!! My major problem is worse things have happened in this country with OBJ and YarAdua. ..Someone like Aondoka or whatever his silly name is should be jailed with Turaya for the reckless things that happened in YarAduas tenure. Nigerians were left in the dark, with no records to indict anyone. Suddenly everyone has a say with the clueless one as President and some desperate ones misleading some
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2014
APC AT WORK!!
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by prophetone(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2014
For wetin nah?:

And after translating this piece to every dialect in Nigeria, who's the better option? Buhari and Tinubu? Some Northerners are clowns!! My major problem is worse things have happened in this country with OBJ and YarAdua. ..Someone like Aondoka or whatever his silly name is should be jailed with Turaya for the reckless things that happened in YarAduas tenure. Nigerians were left in the dark, with no records to indict anyone. Suddenly everyone has a say with the clueless one as President and some desperate ones misleading some

You might want to take of those goggles of ethnicity, it will help you see clearer.

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by najoke: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2014
1.2m what?.......................why will someone pay sooooooooooooooooooooo much for what again

GEJ has FINISHED US.

3 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by audiigee(m): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2014
Nigerians are very gullible, some of them don't knw the lent the opposition can go in order to discredit Gej's Govt.Ŋa̶̲̥̅ wao, wen are we going to learn.
Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 29, 2014

God bless u!

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by Abuklaw(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2014
America will know when our Clueless President writes trash. Lol

5 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by kingthreat(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Our presidency is one of the biggest mockeries in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan by agabaI23(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2014
Below is credited to Soyinka but the source...
Hehehehehehehehehe, writers do not give prescription, they give headache
B-O-M-B-S-H-E-L-L!!!
The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka.
''If the United states citizens decide to be bombing the USA everyday and ready to die, there is nothing Obama can do about it.
The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do.
Here in the USA in Chicago to be precise more than 10 people are killed everyday and that's the same thing. I am only worried that this is Abuja.
“There are people in power in certain parts of the country, leaders, who quite genuinely and authoritatively hate and cannot tolerate any religion outside their own,”
“When you combine that with the ambitions of a number of people who believe they are divinely endowed to rule the country and who… believe that their religion is above whatever else binds the entire nation together, and somehow the power appears to slip from their hands, then they resort to the most extreme measures.
“Youths who have been indoctrinated right from infancy can be used, and who have been used, again and again to create mayhem in the country”
“Those who have created this faceless army have lost control.” - Professor Wole Soyinka. - Hope For Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President / Nickel In Nigeria: Forget Crude Oil If Nickel Is Discovered In Large Quantity / Photos From Southern Governors' Meeting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.